• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Quote from: gabrielle on June 05, 2015, 01:25:51 PM
When the time comes, will you techno wizards help out us luddites figure out how to download the right app etc?

Don't worry it will be so easy even a caveman can do it.

ge30542

Quote from: Art Bell on June 05, 2015, 12:54:54 PM
Whoever did that trailer, thank you! It is now on my FB page.

Art
Is there an Ad-Exec in the house?
Wonder what it would cost to get that trailer on Science Channel, maybe during a JB Wells voiceover episode of Alien Encounters?

gabrielle

Quote from: phrodo on June 05, 2015, 01:29:38 PM
Don't worry it will be so easy even a caveman can do it.

thanks....! 

phrodo

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 05, 2015, 01:27:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXgNh5MYdY

This one is nearly as good, for reasons.

Hmmmm... seems very similar ... possibly by the same person?

coaster

Was the intro video an aftereffects template or did they make it from scratch? If they made it themselves, I'm sure they could make a ton of money on sites like videohive.net. Some of those templates make thousands of dollars.

No Quarter

Quote from: wr250 on June 04, 2015, 06:36:22 PM
and his hair is perfect.

Same thing with the Werewolf of London

Wait...you don't think Richard is secretly....

nah....   :P

ks3484

Quote from: ge30542 on June 05, 2015, 10:53:28 AM
Did I miss a post from Art?

I don't know if you have missed one of Art Bell's posts. Why should I care whether you have or have not missed one of his posts? It's not a homework assignment that I'll be grading you on. You keep track of your missed posts and I'll keep track of mine. See how that works out - it's a beautiful thing.

I don't ever remember him saying that he wanted to share the mic with a co-host.

I can relate to not being able to remember things. Missing time is becoming more and more of a public health nuisance. I believe that if they go to the trouble of making first contact with, and through those that they are just snatching up and taking - forget that abduction nonsense - they are just snatching people up; then I'd think that they would leave the ones being snacthed up and returned with more  positive feelings about and towards them as well as us.

The "share the mic" scenario probably wouldn't work out in any case since Art Bell uses a mic attached to his headphones.

The impression I got, from the very first mention, was an "occasional" spot on open lines. No co-host will be helping Art interview Howard Bloom, or RCH.

Well you should have stepped up and shared your misguided notions, you could have burst the bubble, and deflated the hopes and dreams in or on a more timely basis. You could have guided and prepared her for more realistic goals and duties that she will be expected to perform.

I think people who fear Art is killing the show by having a "co-host" are over reacting.
I would imagine 1 or 2 appearances per month.

Well if that's what you think then you should tell the others so that they will correct the way that they are acting, even if it's over. I guess it's a good thing to know that your madula ablum ghata is alive, awake, well, and on the job working. Yeah, a more restrictive way of meting out fame and fortune is probably the best way to go. Your imagining 1 or 2 times per month is something that you should have said something about. You undoubtedly might have lessened or eased the blows of a cold hard reality.

nbirnes

Quote from: ge30542 on June 05, 2015, 01:30:18 PM
Is there an Ad-Exec in the house?
Wonder what it would cost to get that trailer on Science Channel, maybe during a JB Wells voiceover episode of Alien Encounters?

Actually, I know a guy who knows some other guys. I will ask and if it's a go, I'll go into the black and keep it hush. No one will know until everyone knows.

Faustina

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 09:10:15 PM
You get to live with Uncle George.

That wouldn't be so bad.  He'd be sleeping during the day, in preparation for (cough) working all night, so you'd hardly have to deal with him.  On his salary, I'd expect a large pool, 5 acres for my thoroughbreds (which he would purchase for me with his fat stacks salary), and 3 gourmet meals a day prepared by the live-in 5 star chef (who I'd make sure looked like a young George Clooney).  Wouldn't have to work, since he'd support me with his fat stacks.  It would be boss!

BattyBrooke

Do any of you know where I can see the listenership numbers for different a.m. radio shows for 2014/2015?

NXOEED

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 05, 2015, 12:02:13 AM
Me of course.... If want time line posts, click back through MV and Bateman's exchange and you'll come to Bateman making a reply to an Art post about Ms Redacted and morning zoo.
And Art is replying to my post, that started the fun.
I'm nuts of course, but knew the tension was there between them and have been baiting them hard recently, to get it out in the open.

Congratulations?

Faustina

Quote from: PathoJen on June 05, 2015, 11:05:07 AM
Agree. Art made one comment, and suddenly MV and company nominated Redacted to be Art's Ed MacMahan. Awkward for Art and Redacted, in my humble opinion.

Exactly.  Even though I was one of those who chimed in that I didn't want Art to have a co-host.  I over-reacted.  Sorry.

No Quarter

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 06:57:20 PM
I do wonder what Art would sound like if he DID have a cohost though. As long as he does 90% of the talking. ;)

Is Marcel Marceau still alive? He would make a great radio co-host    ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 01:24:00 PM
curtis doesn't own a computer, sir.

Couldn't he do it on his Windows phone?  Maybe it was the Ipad.

No Quarter

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 08:09:59 PM
I understand that on July 20th there will be revelries  beyond  measure.  There will be drinking.  there will be nekkid dancing.

July 20th, a Monday, right?  I presume that there will be a special Gabcast?

Please tell me that I don't have to wait until July 20 to do either (or both) of these

Faustina

Quote from: FightTheFuture on June 05, 2015, 12:03:12 PM
Look...the bottom line here is this; does (Redacted) look as good as she sounds?

Everything else is superfluous.

Superficial statement.  Not *everything* is based on looks in this world, most especially on radio (where what matters is a good voice, smarts, personality, and hopefully individuality and vision-and-I-don't-mean-eyesight).

ks3484

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 05, 2015, 01:03:11 PM
Right on, Art!  Yeah, it is so good! It really did give me a tingling up my spine. I wonder who did it.

I don't think that you'd believe it even if you did know. I don't think that anything is wrong with giving credit where credit is due. This may start some kind of trailer wars. The person that made it is in it. I think that it speaks volumes and attest to the indomitable  spirit that mankind possesses. A give and take discussion might help to dislodge the fangs of Cyber Bullying someday.

No Quarter

Quote from: sydtron on June 04, 2015, 10:56:03 PM
Judy Garland? Or Eric Clapton?  Bahahah....

Richie Blackmore's Rainbow version!

popple

Quote from: The General on June 05, 2015, 01:08:56 PM
At first I thought the #freeartbell thing didn't need to be in there because it refers to the non-compete freeartbell campaign from 2 years ago... but ya know what?  It fits here because the streamed show will be free.  So, technically, it is correct.  Free Art Bell (stream) starting July 20th.

My thoughts exactly General!  ;D

People love FREE things hahaha. The hashtag should get some attention.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: No Quarter on June 05, 2015, 02:25:01 PM
Richie Blackmore's Rainbow version!

Absolutely! Can't start a Rainbow gig without it...

The General

Quote from: ks3484 on June 05, 2015, 02:13:39 PM
I don't think that you'd believe it even if you did know. I don't think that anything is wrong with giving credit where credit is due. This may start some kind of trailer wars. The person that made it is in it. I think that it speaks volumes and attest to the indomitable  spirit that mankind possesses. A give and take discussion might help to dislodge the fangs of Cyber Bullying someday.

I didn't know we were going to uncover some kind of Sorrows of Young Werther type of plot twist here, but okay.  So, you made it?  If so nice job.  If not, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but cheer up.  Everything's okay.

nbirnes

Quote from: munbeam666 on June 05, 2015, 02:39:11 PM
Who is the Guy From Pittsburg?

Who is John Galtsie?

coaster

Quote from: munbeam666 on June 05, 2015, 02:39:11 PM
Who is the Guy From Pittsburg?
A guy from Martinez California.

popple

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 05, 2015, 12:18:26 PM
(Redacted) has always been cool with me but I fall on the Bateman side of this. I'd rather have Art be the sole voice on the show taking calls and conducting interviews the way he always has. Occasional mentions of Bellgab are welcome (as obnoxious as "Mega 51s" were) but I feel like Art became a bit too wrapped up in what was happening here during Dark Matter when the audience at large doesn't care about the issues with Premiere or potato head and a forum member being on for open lines might exacerbate that sort of behavior. /shrug

From my observations it seems more like people just have reservations about ANYONE co-hosting with Art. It's not specifically because it's this or that person that people aren't into it. I think people just want a classic Art Bell style show. People are concerned with the # of shows we are even going to get and saying they need the most Art possible before its gone lol I also think they shouldn't be jumped on for having their reservations about something new. I don't think their character should be attacked for it. I can see how those expressed opinions could hurt hopeful co hosts... but it hurts people to feel they can't express themselves too. Maybe we just all need to sit around the fire with a talking-stick and share our feels man.

Faustina

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 05, 2015, 12:31:19 PM
I FINALLY FOUND IT! By the way I have to stop referring to things. It takes forever to back up my statements. In the audio version where Art reads his book The Art of Talk at the one hour, two minute, eight second mark he says,

"I am an immensely driven competitive person. Some may say egocentric, I'm not sure. If having an ego means you recognize certain innate talents in yourself, and if it means you have unrelenting drive which yields success, well then, I'm guilty. I have an ego, for I know I am good at what I do as a radio talk show host. At times I believe I'm as good at this profession as anyone in this business."

Also somewhere close to this time he starts out another thought with "the best is absolutely important to me."
Hey, what a concept!

Glad you found that passage in Art's book.  I completely agree with his own assessment.  It's why he's been impossible to replace (god knows, I've tried), and just left a big gaping hole in his departure as if a beloved relative had died.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 05, 2015, 02:46:53 PM
A guy from Martinez California.

I thought he was that guy from the welfare office