Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: whoozit on February 24, 2020, 02:06:47 PM
At what point do you lose your radio/podcast virginity?

Once one's lovelife becomes legend.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 24, 2020, 02:05:57 PM
I can't speak for Metron, but I just think Heather deserves a fair shake is all.

The way everyone has piled on, without anyone stopping to think that she is a human being with feelings, is kinda rough.

Art must be turning in his grave.

So we have to pretend to be entertained now to spare the performers feelings?! ???

If that’s what it’s like to be woke I’d rather stay sleeping. ::) ::)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: DynamoHum on February 24, 2020, 01:50:18 PM
6 weeks, which would bring us to April 13th, which is her silver bullet, crucifix, holy water etc etc.

Six weeks is a pretty good estimate,

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 11:20:57 AM
I did. I gave her 3 months but she sucked. Being a big fan of Art Bell doesn’t mean you can be Art Bell. I’m really not expecting much but another dumpster fire. Prove me wrong, Heather! ;D
Come on, man.  I've heard she's getting better every day.

http://youtu.be/TnqZl_blT7E

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on February 24, 2020, 02:35:53 PM
Come on, man.  I've heard she's getting better every day.

http://youtu.be/TnqZl_blT7E

Art bell was senile in his last year's on Earth, the evidence is overwhelming.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on February 24, 2020, 02:45:53 PM
Art bell was senile in his last year's on Earth, the evidence is overwhelming.

I don’t think so. He just wasn’t good at picking a successor, as evident in his first try.

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 03:18:24 PM
I don’t think so. He just wasn’t good at picking a successor, as evident in his first try.
I don’t think you can pin Dave Norry on Art, it was a corporate decision and I am sure Art’s final check was based on saying nice things and he probably had to sign a NDA.  MITD was all Art, as well documented in the annals here.

Corona Kitty

Lol right.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on February 24, 2020, 03:23:24 PM
I don’t think you can pin Dave Norry on Art, it was a corporate decision and I am sure Art’s final check was based on saying nice things and he probably had to sign a NDA.  MITD was all Art, as well documented in the annals here.

I really wonder whether that show was Art’s idea or Heather’s? It seems like the plan to hand the reins to her was there from the beginning.

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 03:26:46 PM
I really wonder whether that show was Art’s idea or Heather’s? It seems like the plan to hand the reins to her was there from the beginning.
I can’t disagree.  I feel dirty and used, like a diaper after a baby’s first meal of broccoli and bean burritos.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 03:26:46 PM
The "test show" with Art and Heater pretty much nailed that, in retrospect.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on February 24, 2020, 03:38:57 PM
The "test show" with Art and Heater pretty much nailed that, in retrospect.

That was a solid indication that there would in fact be a "bait and switch"... Classic carnie move.

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on February 24, 2020, 03:29:52 PM
I can’t disagree.  I feel dirty and used, like a diaper after a baby’s first meal of broccoli and bean burritos.
Yep.  Or like after an anal probe by an alien, doomed to eventually become a burrito in a freezer.

Dr. MD MD

Will someone be posting a link to the stream here? I might check it out but I’m not going looking for it.

WOTR

Quote from: whoozit on February 24, 2020, 03:29:52 PM
Wow. Remind me to never lend you my baby.  :-\

whoozit

Quote from: WOTR on February 24, 2020, 06:43:31 PM
Wow. Remind me to never lend you my baby.  :-\
I do charge less for babysitting if you provide the food.

WOTR

Quote from: whoozit on February 24, 2020, 07:03:37 PM
I do charge less for babysitting if you provide the food.
Sounds like a win-win. I would also be paying less for diapers.

MV/Liberace!

Mike Siegel? Yeah. That was rough.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on February 24, 2020, 08:39:33 PM
Mike Siegel? Yeah. That was rough.

I forgot about that, probably because I didn’t hear many if any of his shows. I guess he’s been very consistent at picking shitty replacements.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 08:42:05 PM
I forgot about that, probably because I didn’t hear many if any of his shows. I guess he’s been very consistent at picking shitty replacements.

He also picked Whitley for the Dreamland show.

WOTR

I'm not really sure where to put this... Did Art interview "mad Mike" who was building a rocket? I could swear that I heard an interview- and the only one I can think of who might have interviewed him would have been Art.

Anyhow, things went about how you would expect for a rocket that was home-made by a man who calls himself "mad."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/23/mad-mike-hughes-dies-homemade-rocket-crash/

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on February 24, 2020, 08:49:35 PM
I'm not really sure where to put this... Did Art interview "mad Mike" who was building a rocket? I could swear that I heard an interview- and the only one I can think of who might have interviewed him would have been Art.

Anyhow, things went about how you would expect for a rocket that was home-made by a man who calls himself "mad."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/23/mad-mike-hughes-dies-homemade-rocket-crash/

It was in celebrity deaths thread. I know Art did interview a homemade rocket man but I'm not sure it was this guy. Not my computer so don't have my show list. It certainly seems like it could've been him? But, they again, that was decades ago and I suspect homemade rocketmen don't have long life spans.

Quote from: albrecht on February 24, 2020, 09:08:49 PM

It was in celebrity deaths thread. I know Art did interview a homemade rocket man but I'm not sure it was this guy. Not my computer so don't have my show list. It certainly seems like it could've been him? But, they again, that was decades ago and I suspect homemade rocketmen don't have long life spans.

It was in the Aviation thread first.  Just sayin.................

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on February 24, 2020, 09:08:49 PM

I suppose I should have just searched it. The headline from this reddit post is "Daredevil ‘Mad’ Mike Hughes dies in rocket crash- The featured idiot finally did it. Art Bell gave him an entire show..." A C2C aritcle dated late 2017 says that he was going to launch again- and that he got to 1300 feet on a previous attempt. This makes me think it was at least his third attempt.

If you are wondering why he was building rockets- it was to prove the earth was flat. To be fair- he has to be one of the few "average Joes" who have ever built and flown a rocket (outside of the model rocket hobby...)

from r/ArtBell

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtBell/comments/f8l337/daredevil_mad_mike_hughes_dies_in_rocket_crash/

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 24, 2020, 09:26:18 PM
It was in the Aviation thread first.  Just sayin.................

Good. Now I have added a third location for this late breaking news.  :)

Dr. MD MD

Oh, legacy is such a lonely word
Everyone is so untrue
Legacy is hardly ever heard
And mostly what I need from you

Silphion

places to eat at carolina beach nc

𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔