• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Art Bell on April 23, 2015, 04:29:28 PM
Gee I will have to consider how to degrade the experience a bit to make you feel at home?

Art

No offense intended.  I know you've gone to a lot of trouble to ensure the best possible listening experience.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: ks3484 on April 23, 2015, 08:34:36 PM
Well it was Art who brought the topic of his health up in his own post. Yeah you're probably right -- let's just ignore any posts that Art makes about his physical discomfort. We'll just pretend like he didn't even breach the subject of the agony he is in.

Art was letting everyone know why he wasn't active on the board.

Ah, maybe, for future reference, 'get well soon, Art' will be a sufficient response instead of three pages of back pain remedies that Art, although he appreciates it, really doesn't want to hear or read.

JokerFace

Quote from: Danger!UFO on April 23, 2015, 11:46:43 AM

Just a suggestion: To see all of Art's posts here on the board you can go to the top of this page and click on members. Click on Art's name and then click on 'Show Posts'. You can go back and look at everything that Art has posted. It's a good way to see Art's updates without tying to read through pages of postings.

I booked marked Art's profile page some time ago and always check to see his recent posts. I think it might be a good idea for the mods here to add Art's profile as a link at the top of this page.

Art Bell

I do agree, backs are like snowflakes and what works for one does not work for another. Thank you all for the thought but no need to bore the board.

I am writing liners for Ross if anybody has thoughts.

Art

BTW the Public number for the show will be

1-952-call art (no it's not a 800) Skype will be: mitd51

phrodo

Quote from: ks3484 on April 23, 2015, 09:02:44 PM

Hahahaha  -- you're funny...let's return to forum topics... I believe Art is looking at systems to deliver his show in the highest caliber and fashion that is both affordable and usable by his listeners...

If you have anything you'd like for me to know ...... please feel free to pm me.....  :o

Oh - you got schooled so now you want to return to "forum topics" ... typical. loser.  Just keep being pretentious and pompous .. you wear it well -- your ignorance fits you like a finely-tailored suit.  Bwaaahahaha "highest caliber and fashion" -- do you even read what you write??  :o

As for what I'd like you to know - there's no need for PMs -- just re-read my previous posts... it's all there -- maybe read them a few times since reading comprehension does not appear to be your forte. TIA

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on April 23, 2015, 10:12:54 PM
I do agree, backs are like snowflakes and what works for one does not work for another. Thank you all for the thought but no need to bore the board.

Art

Are you writing "liners" or one-liners ... I have a few one-liners .. not sure if they are suitable for publication though.  :o  8)  :P

jazmunda

Art

This is exciting. Who's excited? I'm excited. :D

aldousburbank

Art

The Art Of Talk Is Back!

phrodo

Art

You edited to add that part. Does that 952 mean not toll free? Could work to dissuade those nasty cell-phone calls - well at least from those without unlimited plans. My landline (yep still have one for business) is unlimited long distance. 

ks3484

Quote from: Danger!UFO on April 23, 2015, 09:54:22 PM
Art was letting everyone know why he wasn't active on the board.

Ah, maybe, for future reference, 'get well soon, Art' will be a sufficient response instead of three pages of back pain remedies that Art, although he appreciates it, really doesn't want to hear or read.

I 'm not so sure that even that would be tolerated. Art's primary concern seems to have been the ridiculous level that those discussions seems to regress or degenerate into.

" for future reference" let's keep it real. What kind of person would show so much invective disdain over something like this? It really makes no sense. What kind of person lashes out at well wishers?

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on April 23, 2015, 10:24:34 PM

I'm completely freaking out.

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 23, 2015, 10:26:45 PM
The Art Of Talk Is Back!

Duuuuuuuuuuudde! 

chefist

Art

GABBERS: Was the whole "East/West of the Rockies" and attempt to fairly disperse the callers that got onto the show? Just curious...

I found it actually a flavorful part of the experience...if you were not from that region, you would be soundly rejected...LOL

However, I would not require such a specification to enjoy Art's work... :)

morgana213

ditto. ditto. and ditto!!! :) :D ;D 8)

phrodo

Quote from: morgana213 on April 23, 2015, 10:45:10 PM
ditto. ditto. and ditto!!! :) :D ;D 8)

And Roswell, Roswell and Roswells  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on April 23, 2015, 04:29:28 PM
Gee I will have to consider how to degrade the experience a bit to make you feel at home?

Art

I plan to cover my speaker with two pillows and a running box fan for that true AM experience.

Catsmile

Ummm... so... how many times have you called those numbers already?
And what name do you have them listed under in your iPhone, hope it's Siri friendly.

If it's under Art when you ask Siri in ur OZ accent, she will think you want to search for Culottes.

MV/Liberace!

Art

jazmunda

Quote from: Catsmile on April 23, 2015, 10:55:09 PM
Ummm... so... how many times have you called those numbers already?
And what name do you have them listed under in your iPhone, hope it's Siri friendly.

I never hung up on my last call to Art nearly 13,000 hours ago.

Also he is my ICE contact.

chefist

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2015, 10:54:56 PM
I plan to cover my speaker with two pillows and a running box fan for that true AM experience.

I've slept with a box fan on every night since I was an infant...is that weird?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on April 23, 2015, 10:59:02 PM
I've slept with a box fan on every night since I was an infant...is that weird?

I don't think it's weird. I absolutely can not sleep without a fan.

WOTR

Is there a feature to block entire continents on skype? ;)

phrodo

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2015, 10:54:56 PM

I reckon you could always put something like this on loop in one browser tab while listening to MiTD on another tab and balance the volume levels to your liking.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wffIdh0CZWs

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on April 23, 2015, 10:58:40 PM
I never hung up on my last call to Art nearly 13,000 hours ago.

Also it is my ICE contact.

Ah, good... if it was under Art, Siri would think you wanted to search for Culottes.

chefist

SUMMER OF 2015: X-Files returns and Art Bell returns...coincidence? I think not! The Truth is Out There!  :)

onan

Quote from: chefist on April 23, 2015, 10:42:18 PM
GABBERS: Was the whole "East/West of the Rockies" and attempt to fairly disperse the callers that got onto the show? Just curious...

I found it actually a flavorful part of the experience...if you were not from that region, you would be soundly rejected...LOL

However, I would not require such a specification to enjoy Art's work... :)

Back in the day, 800 numbers were somewhat costly. What part of the country you were in, made a difference in what number you called.

Or I have it all wrong.

jazmunda

Back in the day the international calls were toll free too.

Art who used to pay for those calls and was it expensive?

ks3484

Quote from: phrodo on April 23, 2015, 10:17:12 PM
Oh - you got schooled so now you want to return to "forum topics"

Yes I think that would be the considerate thing to do. Once again it's easy to see how things are otherwise degenerating from interesting forum topics. I'm sure that this back and forth has little, if any, interest to the forums participants.....including me. 

... typical. loser.  Just keep being pretentious and pompous .. you wear it well -- your ignorance fits you like a finely-tailored suit.  Bwaaahahaha

Okay...I guess I will take that as a backhanded complement.....so thank you. It's nice to be good at something in this space and time...otherwise one's perception of reality..... well no...forget it... vitriol expressions to represent you seems to be the type of communication that you have chosen for some reason.....   :(

"highest caliber and fashion" -- do you even read what you write??  :o

Well it seems to me that Art would like to amass the most modern communications equipment to broadcast his platform from. I suppose he could opt for using out dated and unstable equipment, but that doesn't quite strike me as the Art Bell choice for doing things. No..I believe that what Art Bell does will be done in Art Bell's style and fashion.  8)

As for what I'd like you to know - there's no need for PMs -- just re-read my previous posts... it's all there -- maybe read them a few times since reading comprehension does not appear to be your forte. TIA

Okay then I will take your statement to mean that this conversation ( loosely said) is now concluded.  8)

chefist

Quote from: onan on April 23, 2015, 11:09:16 PM
Back in the day, 800 numbers were somewhat costly. What part of the country you were in, made a difference in what number you called.

Or I have it all wrong.

thanks Onan...OH...BTW...just watched The Great Lebowski for the first time a couple of weeks ago..I luved it!  :)

The rug tied the room together... :D

chefist

Quote from: chefist on April 23, 2015, 11:14:26 PM
thanks Onan...OH...BTW...just watched The Great Lebowski for the first time a couple of weeks ago..I luved it!  :)

The rug tied the room together... :D

pardon..."Big Lebowski!" LOL