• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

MV/Liberace!

New episodes of The GabCast and The Spec Sheet will come your way tomorrow (Tuesday), one right after the other.  First it's a live episode of The Spec Sheet from 7-9PM Eastern, followed immediately by a new episode of The Gabcast. 

All you have to do is sit back and enjoy this wonderful radio programming achievement, free of charge.  No further effort is required. 

Call either show at 623-242-CAST(2278).  Visit UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.

phrodo

Quote from: MV on May 04, 2015, 05:29:08 PM
New episodes of The GabCast and The Spec Sheet will come your way tomorrow (Tuesday), one right after the other.  First it's a live episode of The Spec Sheet from 7-9PM Eastern, followed immediately by a new episode of The Gabcast. 

All you have to do is sit back and enjoy this wonderful radio programming achievement, free of charge.  No further effort is required. 

Call either show at 623-242-CAST(2278).  Visit UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.

Great! Maybe you can iron out all the technical difuckulties during the Spec Sheet so the Gabcast can start on time and error-free .... maybe?  ;)  ???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: phrodo on May 04, 2015, 05:32:52 PM
Great! Maybe you can iron out all the technical difuckulties during the Spec Sheet so the Gabcast can start on time and error-free .... maybe?  ;)  ???

something like that.

Juan

Last night, I heard The Spec Sheet on DMRN through my internet radio rather than my usual studio computer setup.  All of the audio work you've done paid off.  You sound much better than most of the other shows.  except maybe ziznak.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Juan on May 06, 2015, 06:21:36 AM
Last night, I heard The Spec Sheet on DMRN through my internet radio rather than my usual studio computer setup.  All of the audio work you've done paid off.  You sound much better than most of the other shows.  except maybe ziznak.

Thanks. Curtis and I have spent a lot of money on equipment.

Danger!UFO

Replay is on right now on the DMRN. I just tuned in at 12:00 p.m. eastern and I'm listening to the Spec Sheet. I tuned in a few minutes after the hour so I don't know if this is the first hour or second.

Anyway, the Spec Sheet should get a replay each week just like the other programs.

MV, if you're there and can listen, is this the first or second hour?

Congratulations!

MV/Liberace!

The latest episode of The Spec Sheet is posted here:
http://ufoship.com/?cat=11

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Danger!UFO on May 06, 2015, 10:07:35 AM
Replay is on right now on the DMRN. I just tuned in at 12:00 p.m. eastern and I'm listening to the Spec Sheet. I tuned in a few minutes after the hour so I don't know if this is the first hour or second.

Anyway, the Spec Sheet should get a replay each week just like the other programs.

MV, if you're there and can listen, is this the first or second hour?

Congratulations!

at the time you posted this, it was into the second hour.  thanks!

MV/Liberace!

by the way, go to ufoship.com and check out the episode art for this week's spec sheet.

Morgus

Maybe you could post some download links here to the free audio software that was referred to on last night's Spec Sheet including mp3gain, etc. ?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on May 06, 2015, 05:34:42 PM
Maybe you could post some download links here to the free audio software that was referred to on last night's Spec Sheet including mp3gain, etc. ?

mp3gain:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3gain/files/MP3Gain-Windows%20%28Stable%29/1.2.5/mp3gain-win-full-1_2_5.exe/download

mp3directcut:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/mp3directcut,1.html

I hope you will cover your interactions with sparknode in this weeks podcast.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 11, 2015, 05:26:49 AM
I hope you will cover your interactions with sparknode in this weeks podcast.

I will.

wr250

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2015, 05:28:35 AM
I will.
this promises to be a good one.
so MV , how many rants did the support staff get to enjoy? or was it one big long rant ?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wr250 on May 11, 2015, 06:46:50 AM
this promises to be a good one.
so MV , how many rants did the support staff get to enjoy? or was it one big long rant ?

no rants with the support people.  i was deliberately, almost creepily polite with them.  in these situations, you have to realize that 1) the person you're speaking with probably has next to zero control over your unfortunate circumstances at that moment and 2) exploding on them will not improve the enthusiasm with which they work to fix your problem.  basically, it's the same logic that prevents me sending food back or complaining at a restaurant. 

if i had blown up in the fashion some of you envision i might have, i doubt bellgab would be online at this moment.

AZZERAE

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2015, 06:59:57 AM
no rants with the support people.  i was deliberately, almost creepily polite with them.  in these situations, you have to realize that 1) the person you're speaking with probably has next to zero control over your unfortunate circumstances at that moment and 2) exploding on them will not improve the enthusiasm with which they work to fix your problem.  basically, it's the same logic that prevents me sending food back or complaining at a restaurant. 

if i had blown up in the fashion some of you envision i might have, i doubt bellgab would be online at this moment.

Thank you for BellGab, MV.

wr250

no rants with the support people.  i was deliberately, almost creepily polite with them. 

now thats scary.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wr250 on May 11, 2015, 07:24:29 AM
now thats scary.

heh heh, yeah, sort of.

Quote from: Azzerae on May 11, 2015, 07:20:04 AM
Thank you for BellGab, MV.

thanks, but without the many people who use this forum, it's just a script running on a server.

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2015, 08:15:29 AM
heh heh, yeah, sort of.

thanks, but without the many people who use this forum, it's just a script running on a server.
Well, then, in that case.  You are welcome.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 11, 2015, 08:59:48 AM
Well, then, in that case.  You are welcome.

that's more like it.

inuk2600

That's very wise. You never know how close that employee is to the edge already. Sometimes just a little bit criticism or complaining could be the last straw.
Well played sir.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: inuk2600 on May 11, 2015, 09:31:46 AM
That's very wise. You never know how close that employee is to the edge already. Sometimes just a little bit criticism or complaining could be the last straw.
Well played sir.

also, my blood pressure was already extremely elevated this weekend over the whole fiasco, and screaming at some poor guy on the phone wouldn't have helped that at all.  it seemed more appropriate instead to slap my pregnant wife around just a bit.

3OctaveFart

Patience is critical either in dealing with IT or being one. Our guy at work is unflappable.

MV/Liberace!

The Spec Sheet airs live tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8PM Eastern, 5PM Pacific. Visit UFOShip.com/chat to listen live. Call the show at 573-837-4948.  You can download past episodes here:

http://www.ufoship.com/?cat=11

ONeill

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2015, 09:45:39 AM
also, my blood pressure was already extremely elevated this weekend over the whole fiasco, and screaming at some poor guy on the phone wouldn't have helped that at all.  it seemed more appropriate instead to slap my pregnant wife around just a bit.

Is Falkie thread getting to you?

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2015, 09:45:39 AM
I've got some tools around here.  Hmmm, blood pressure too high....yeah.  Here it is
https://youtu.be/aCCCq1jJY-w