• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: MV on June 19, 2015, 09:21:34 PM
Everyone knows this stuff was brought here by aliens who crash landed. Duuuuuuuh.

Who invented beer?

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on June 19, 2015, 08:12:31 PM
Thankfully I was born after, not by much but after. But your right. Most kids are appliance operators. NooBs forever

If you want to feel conspiratorial, you could think it was intentional. Kids used to able to open up their computers and change things, and they did. That's a lot of power in the hands of the rabble.

So now, things are more convenient and locked up, like a good toaster.

Zenman

The next generation will be back to taking things apart to see how they work.

We'll have to keep a close eye on our robots.

weeberwubber

Quote from: albrecht on June 18, 2015, 04:10:56 PM
I don't concur. I saw him decades ago at a gun show almost get into a fight with some neo-NAZI group (national front?) who were trying to recruit some teens. And his local access show were actually pretty good in the beginning (defending a WWII Vet whose lawn was overgrown and big fines by showing up at City Council privately-owned rental properties (and even actual city property) and showing/measuring the grass and debris. This was way before his met his "jew-wife" (as the even more extreme conspiracy folks point out) or had any local- much less national impact.)

He had a local cable access show and parlayed that into his media empire  ;) . American Dream, RIP Dusty Rhodes, haha. Do I believe him? Nope. But I will defend his right to speech and grow a business. And I agree with him on some subjects. Has he been "co-opted?" I don't know. He lost his AM show here locally. The pirate station doesn't carrying him anymore. C2C mentions him frequently but doesn't have him on, as much. If it was a "conspiracy" than either he should've been killed, or conversely, "false-flag", he should be more popular in corporate radio!!

ps: all I know I can't wait for Art to be back and put an end to the nonsense on the radio!

Drudge links to infowars often enough. At least every Bilderburg!

albrecht

Quote from: weeberwubber on June 19, 2015, 10:07:33 PM
At least every Bilderburg!
Which doesn't exist and Alex and the other "black helicopter" crowd was just making it up. Speaking of which how come I see all these "black helicopters" on the news over there in Middle East and now even flying around to the AF Base near me, looking forward to more what with Jade-Helm training op "mastering the human domain" here next month.  ;)

weeberwubber

Quote from: b_dubb on June 18, 2015, 10:29:34 PM
Here's the thing about Alex Jones: none of his predictions have come true. That should tell you something.

To his credit when I got curious enough to listen to a few of his shows after seeing the video of him sneaking into that camp I nearly purchased 187 monhts worth of freeze dried food packets for the sum total of my life savings.

Zoxo

effective immediately, there are only 2,677,380 seconds till Midnight in the Desert starts!!!!

Zenman

Great trailer, Jaz. As prolific as you are, why don't you just go ahead and make a whole MITD movie?  :)

jerry

on U7 right now... The Weird Person Line show

PathoJen

Jaz inspired me to make a fan nugget for Art Bell.
Here is my fan trailer for Art.  Don't blink!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-pCAtQFDZw

jazmunda

PathoJen

Quote from: jazmunda on June 19, 2015, 11:34:50 PM
Nice Jen!!!!
Thanks Jaz  :)
Spending some time on a Friday night working on a trailer qualifies me as a super fan I would imagine.

jazmunda

Quote from: PathoJen on June 19, 2015, 11:39:14 PM
Thanks Jaz  :)
Spending some time on a Friday night working on a trailer qualifies me as a super fan I would imagine.

You can only qualify as a super fan once you have crocheted Art a tissue box holder with a pattern of a cat on it.

Heather Wade

Quote from: PathoJen on June 19, 2015, 11:25:12 PM

Very cool!  Bugs was a great show.

... Here is my fan trailer for Art.  Don't blink!...

Very nice.  It has a bit of a Blair Witch feel (shaky camera in the woods)

Yep those banks of 6SN7's sure kept the room warm didn't they...
Quote from: serenity on June 19, 2015, 08:07:37 PM
Wow MV, I'm hurt.  I guess I don't fit in. Not gonna date my self but I built my first computer before I went to Woodstock. All of 8k. had to program each byte by hand. It would flash in sequence or sequencial. ( still can't spell though) State of the art back then. Yes MV my friend, there are some of us that actually know some of this stuff because we DID grow up with it, Right Art? Radio, Computers, broadcasting etc etc...yada yada.  (Feel chastized yet?)

All in fun Mike  :)

PathoJen

Quote from: jazmunda on June 19, 2015, 11:43:11 PM
You can only qualify as a super fan once you have crocheted Art a tissue box holder with a pattern of a cat on it.
Give me a couple more hours. Night is young on the west coast.

PathoJen

Thank you PB and Red.  ;D

Zenman

Very nice, PJen. Thus far, the only thing constructive I've done tonight is untwist the cord on my ear buds.

Lol, I like the effect with the camera man running thru the forest with what sounds like at least 2 angry bigfoots after him.

WOTR

That was cool.  I love Jaz's trailers, and as a fan have no problem sitting though a few minutes- they are in depth and great.  This one is a well done "sound bite" for those with shorter attention spans or as an introduction.

WOTR

Quote from: MV on June 19, 2015, 07:36:12 PM
there is an entire generation of technically illiterate dunces getting ready to take their place in the world.
What?  I wasn't depressed enough?

PathoJen

Quote from: wotr1 on June 20, 2015, 12:09:34 AM
That was cool.  I love Jaz's trailers, and as a fan have no problem sitting though a few minutes- they are in depth and great.  This one is a well done "sound bite" for those with shorter attention spans or as an introduction.
Thanks guys. I was hoping this might hook someone who has never heard of art. Just a quick 20 second tease. Bugs was my 2nd fav show.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PathoJen on June 20, 2015, 12:16:21 AM
Thanks guys. I was hoping this might hook someone who has never heard of art. Just a quick 20 second tease. Bugs was my 2nd fav show.

Very nice trailer. The sasquatch screech is one of my all time favorites from the show.

Heather Wade

Quote from: PathoJen on June 20, 2015, 12:16:21 AM

Spot on, it will.

Looks like we can sign up NOW for MITD on the new Dark Matter Digital Network website!  Plus, there's a nice big simple "Donate" button.

k-rowland

The new Dark Matter Digital Network website is now active. You can now join the "Time Travelers" to listen to PAST shows of Art's Midnight in the Desert.

Go to:  http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/midnight-in-the-desert/  to sign up for $5 or donate more!

jazmunda

Quote from: k-rowland on June 20, 2015, 01:13:40 AM
The new Dark Matter Digital Network website is now active. You can now join the "Time Travelers" to listen to PAST shows of Art's Midnight in the Desert.

Go to:  http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/midnight-in-the-desert/  to sign up for $5 or donate more!

Paid!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: CornyCrow on June 19, 2015, 03:23:39 PM
But there is a lot of UFO news there.  Information comes to us about ghostly activities in old buildings.  You have Druids, you have a large Theosophical contingent and a VERY old contingent of Wiccans.  There just HAS to be a huge interest in the unusual over there.  It's very sad that there is no radio to address that.

We have druids, I suppose, but I am not sure they let them near Stonehenge to mark the summer solstice as they used to. Back in the day you used to be able to walk around it, but they make sure there is a perimeter now in case it gets damaged. In any case, I think it is just an excuse to dress up and prance around, rather like those civil war reconstruction types. A 'large theosophical contingent' is news to me; I thought that stuff all went out with Madame Blavatsky. I can't say I have ever met a Wiccan either. You would probably have to go somewhere screwy like Brighton to find people like that. Of course, almost every building of a reasonable vintage is going to have some story or other attached to it about a haunting. The creepiest part of the country for me is East Anglia, which has all sorts of odd legends attached to it and does give me the willies at times, especially in the lonelier areas.

There may be a 'huge interest', though I doubt it. Part of the problem is that there are no real radio guys like Art over here who know their craft from both sides of the microphone. They are usually broadcast journalists who shy away from anything that may make them seem a bit out there, preferring to drone on about what is on the front pages of that day. As I mentioned earlier, people have tried to get something off the ground, but it has never caught on.

WOTR

Does this mean that I am first?!?

Quote from: jazmunda on June 20, 2015, 01:17:52 AMPaid!

Seriously, I'm going to book a flight to Australia to track you down.  I'm living a minute or two behind you in this life, and it is getting old...

KMKMKM

Subscribed!  Best of luck, Art.