• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150911 - Art Bell, Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 11, 2015, 07:53:06 PM

JamesMcDonald

Maybe a Buddhist should call in.  It would confuse both of them.   ;D

coaster

These debates are lacking intelligence on the part of the bible thumpers. Just mention dinosaurs and have the debate be over.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: albrecht on September 12, 2015, 12:17:29 AM
Dude, RCH would be great with him! But I also would like Art with him for the more historical/political, earth changes, stuff. RCH though would be epic. They would agree with some basic stuff (FDR etc) and would be fun when it comes down to Nazis and 19.5 "models." I really, really hope (Redacted) and Rossy tries to get him on the programs. Epic.

If not him then someone from the LaRouche organization, at the very least. I think it would make for really great radio.

I live in a major Canadian city and they table around here regularly and hand out their literature all the time.

Designx

Tonight has been way better than that overhyped Madman Markum crap.

Quote from: Kolchak on September 12, 2015, 12:14:45 AM
"Why should I believe in the big bang theory?"

Evidence.

I think the problem is that when most people say 'the big bang theory', they're not thinking of the same thing you are.  They're thinking of the Universe coming from a singularity, which isn't really included in the theory.

norland2424

Quote from: maren on September 12, 2015, 12:17:46 AM
I think that a lot of atheists just don't believe in doctrine -- any doctrine.  Not that they doubt a higher intelligence/energy/power/whatever.

thats how i see it personally

I think that a lot of atheists just don't believe in doctrine -- any doctrine.  Not that they doubt a higher intelligence/energy/power/whatever.

Sadly there maybe ones that doubt anything beyond this, that it just ends....

https://youtu.be/EKR-HydGohQ

albrecht

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 12, 2015, 12:18:14 AM
Check out the Jefferson Bible... ya know that Thomas Jefferson guy who wrote; "we are endowed by our creator"
He edited the new testament and left only the moral lessons of Jesus.

Our western civilization laws and social justice are based on the Bible.
ol' Tom and most of the founding fathers understood that.
Jefferson is a racist, old, dead, white guy and should be shamed, if not eliminated, from our history like all the others....

coaster

I always imagined that JC Webster looked like Richard C Hoagland.

albrecht

Quote from: Weirdoradio on September 12, 2015, 12:18:38 AM
If not him then someone from the LaRouche organization, at the very least. I think it would make for really great radio.

I live in a major Canadian city and they table around here regularly and hand out their literature all the time.
Y'all got water. And many places here we don't (or like here get it ALL at once  ;)) His, actually others, ideas of canals etc make some sense....

Quote from: Mild Bill on September 12, 2015, 12:19:32 AM
40 minutes to Hoagie. Braaps!

Richard's show is gonna be awesome tonight! Full on crazy.

Manx

Wow he cut short the debate as it was getting interesting. Caller brought up a good point. Why be kind to anyone if you're an atheist?

Art is looking for fireworks, not discussion

Dr_Blue

Quote from: ShayP on September 12, 2015, 12:18:52 AM
said many times tonight
Shay, have u considered calling in? Even if its off topic, give em hell. Act like your phone is cutting out or you have audio problems but KEEP HIM ON.   ;D

henge0stone

Quote from: coaster on September 12, 2015, 12:18:33 AM
These debates are lacking intelligence on the part of the bible thumpers. Just mention dinosaurs and have the debate be over.

that's because Art didn't want to put on the one intelligent bible teacher that called in.

SnoorysStache

Quote from: coaster on September 12, 2015, 12:18:33 AM

They'll say that Jesus rode a velociraptor.  :P

zeebo

Yep scientifically they can't really comment on God.  They can only describe natural processes as they understand them.  And as far as positing God as an answer to the big questions like "Where did the universe come from?" ... well scientifically they have to ask what Carl Sagan asked "If there is a 'bubble maker' .. Who created the bubble maker?"

Mild Bill

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 12, 2015, 12:18:33 AM
Maybe a Buddhist should call in.  It would confuse both of them.   ;D

And hopefully make them ponder what I'm pondering. ;D

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Designx on September 12, 2015, 12:18:40 AM
Tonight has been way better than that overhyped Madman Markum crap.

My problem with last week's show is that I don't understand Marcum's timeline post-homeless shelter. I know he didn't want to divulge much about his personal life but to me I think that a lot of these things would aid/hinder my willingness to believe him as credible. Questions like 'What does he do for a living? How did he regain some semblance of a day-to-day life after this experience? How did he make it back to the warehouse?' stick out to me, and without that information I find it hard to decide one way or another.

I also believe he may be slightly autistic, somewhere on the spectrum, so things like him not thinking to look up the warehouse owner seem logical to me given that context.

Sean92008

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 12, 2015, 12:08:20 AM
Psychedelic Catholic Jesus....

Picture yourself on a cross on a hillside, with nails in your wrists, with a crown of thorns...
Somebody calls you the savior the master and all you can do is continue to lie...

Crazy batshit people who are completely illit'rate will follow you in their dreams
Look to the sky and promise he's coming

Jesus in the sky with diamonds...
Jesus in the sky with diamonds...
Jesus in the sky with diamonds...  Ahhh....

trostol

Quote from: Mild Bill on September 12, 2015, 12:19:32 AM
40 minutes to Hoagie. Braaps!

i have been trying to get some time in on Mad Max..not happening tonight lol