• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 11, 2016, 03:31:45 PM
That didn't take long.  I thought there were laws against nepotism in the U.S. government?

Three of Trump’s children are on the executive committee team.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58261cd7e4b060adb56e41bf

Well, first off these aren't government jobs.  Second, any president is entitled to advice from anyone they wish, it's even protected by Executive Privilege if they feel revealing names would violate privacy and cause would be advisors to decline.  Third, any policy making appointed offices are subject to Senate approval.

I realize for the past eight years the president didn't believe the Constitution or tradition need be followed, and that it's going to take awhile to get used to the rules being complied with again, but I doubt very much the Trump clan will be filling high level official government positions.

Speaking of ''nepotism'', who the hell was Moochelle Obama to be ordering our schools to feed kids what she wanted them fed, and all the rest of her dictates to the American people?  Why wasn't that ever a problem, but this is?

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: mv on November 11, 2016, 07:05:31 PM
this is exactly why i often refrain from calling people out when i really want to.  this shit right here.  if you don't want people to respond to your comments, me included, then don't submit them.  weak.

Ok, got it.  But I want a raise, and better working conditions.

aldousburbank

No cable or broadcast television here at the compound so I almost always read, rather than watch the news. But today, after reading about the Portland anti-Trump protestors, I decided to watch some news clips. Wow, wtf? What a bunch of asszits. These are the people that wanted Hillary elected? They seem deplorable to me but they're with her so obviously they're good people and I am nothing but a hater.

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on November 11, 2016, 06:55:14 PM
What's funny about the nepotism allegations (only three days after the man won the election no less) it shows how desperate people are to cling to their fantasy land belief that Trump was a worse choice than Hilary, when there have already been clear indications of nepotism and favorable treatment to the Clintons through this foundation scandal, ie Chelsea allegedly using starving Haitian's money for her wedding, or "friends of Bill" being given special treatment in rebuilding Haiti.  It's as if Hillshills went from "omg lmao you can't win" to "like totally worst presidency ever" overnight when they got BTFO in the election.  Like I said, I'm willing to give Trump a chance.  He hasn't even been inaugurated yet for goodness sake lol.

I'm not even listening to these idiots anymore. Why? Because I don't have to. They lost.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 11, 2016, 06:12:58 PM

Someone is going to prison...

Even funnier is how oblivious everyone in that photo is of her.  ;D

Remind them one more time about the process by which we elect a President.  Remind them one more time that everyone had an opportunity to participate in this process and now it's over.  Give them ten more minutes to cry, wail, hug each other, etc.  If they still want to participate in shenanigans such as kicking, biting, spitting, slapping or any type of vandalism to property, give 'em the hose.  Enough is enough.

Here is the nationwide popular vote for president over the past several elections (Wikipedia):

Year / Democrat / Republican

2000 / 50,999,987 / 50,456,002
2004 / 59,028,444 / 62,040,610
2008 / 69,498,516 / 59,948,323
2012 / 65,915,795 / 60,933,504
2016 / 60,467,601 / 60,072,551

The Rs have been holding steady, at a time the population is growing.  They've stagnated.

The Ds appear to be imploding.  They lost the House in 2010, the Senate in 2014, and now the presidency

The dropping numbers suggest people are fed up with elitism, cronyism, the whole Wall St-DC corruption connection, political correctness, and the rest - and see it coming more from the Ds than the Rs. 

While the establishment Rs in DC have been involved as well, and certainly haven't done a thing to capitalize on this discontent, Trump has a real opportunity.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 11, 2016, 07:22:06 PM
No cable or broadcast television here at the compound so I almost always read, rather than watch the news. But today, after reading about the Portland anti-Trump protestors, I decided to watch some news clips. Wow, wtf? What a bunch of asszits. These are the people that wanted Hillary elected? They seem deplorable to me but they're with her so obviously they're good people and I am nothing but a hater.
Yes, but how do you feel about cartoon frogs?  That's the clincher.

Juan

People are coming to understand that large institutions, public and private, have failed them.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ItsOver on November 11, 2016, 07:48:56 PM
Yes, but how do you feel about cartoon frogs?  That's the clincher.

You've gots your frog peoples and you gots your toad peoples and I sir am not a frog peoples.

The Rs also now hold 32 governorships with 2 more too close to call, and lead the Ds 66-30 in state legislature chambers, with a couple still to be decided.

Obviously some of these are in deep blue states.  What do the American people know that Big Media doesn't understand, or refuses to understand?

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 11, 2016, 07:23:05 PM
I'm not even listening to these idiots anymore. Why? Because I don't have to. They lost.  ;D

They're like termites, they'll continue to chew away at the foundation of our Republic.  They'll continue to poison political discourse with their lies, and their smears, and their insults, and their continual insistence everyone else is somehow 'racist'.

It's not enough they lost - they need to be exposed and permanently defeated

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 11, 2016, 07:23:05 PM

I hear ya...my best friend, ultra liberal professor at Rutgers is melting down...he made over 50 posts on FB, so I muted him until he calms down...lolz

If Donna "I'm a good Christian woman being persecuted" Brazil doesn't step down after this fiasco, the Dems are done (one can only hope). There needs to be a good house cleaning done at the DNC, anybody with the stench of Hilary's corruption should be fired.

i think D. Trump defeated both parties in this election. that's one huge ass fucking. call it karma.  8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 11, 2016, 07:13:09 PM
Ok, got it.  But I want a raise, and better working conditions.

fair enough.  you'll be assigned to clean the womens' restroom as opposed to the other.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: WOTR on November 11, 2016, 02:13:16 PM
Very interesting article.  I wonder how many people will actually read it?

Maybe not too many here, but it's a good article in any case. About what you would expect, really. This part gets to the gist of it, in terms of the practical situation Trump faces and why he needs the Washington establishment, like it or not.

"You don't have time to digest a huge tome of material to have some moment of enlightenment to say, 'Oh I've figured out how to solve our health care problem.' You really need actionable type information that you can then process and make up your own mind on how to proceed and how to advise people to proceed," Wallner said.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on November 11, 2016, 08:08:54 PM
i think D. Trump defeated both parties in this election. that's one huge ass fucking. call it karma.  8)

He's freeing us from the Bush/Clinton mafia.  ;)

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on November 11, 2016, 08:03:19 PM
If Donna "I'm a good Christian woman being persecuted" Brazil doesn't step down after this fiasco, the Dems are done (one can only hope). There needs to be a good house cleaning done at the DNC, anybody with the stench of Hilary's corruption should be fired.

She's Interim Chair of the DNC, replacing the disgusting Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Rumor has it the leading candidate to replace her is Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison.  Keith is the only(?) Muslim member of Congress, a supporter of CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhood.  He's also BFFs with Farrakhan. 

He is supported for this position by Barry Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, among others.  I strongly support this appointment as well, for the message it sends to the American people about this party.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 11, 2016, 08:13:25 PM
He's freeing us from the Bush/Clinton mafia.  ;)

token pieces in the struggle.  8)

Quote from: mv on November 11, 2016, 08:09:22 PM
fair enough.  you'll be assigned to clean the womens' restroom as opposed to the other.

>:( Uhura has the right to clean any restroom she likes.  We live in an omnisexual world now. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on November 11, 2016, 08:16:25 PM
token pieces in the struggle.  8)

It's a start. First we take Manhattan THEN we take Berlin.  ;) 8)

So what are the precious little snowflakes doing tonight?  More protests?

norland2424

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 11, 2016, 08:19:34 PM
So what are the precious little snowflakes doing tonight?  More protests?

have you seen the videos, lol i dont understand how people can act that way

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 11, 2016, 08:18:44 PM
It's a start. First we take Manhattan THEN we take Berlin.  ;) 8)

via the Starbucks underground.  8)

Quote from: norland2424 on November 11, 2016, 08:21:20 PM

I watched quite a bit of the portland protest/snowflake riot last night. Haven't seen much from other cities.  Any good videos that you would recommend?

ItsOver

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on November 11, 2016, 08:08:54 PM
Good point.  Thank goodness the R "chosen one" bit the dust early. 

they should be protesting their parties headquarters.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Isn't there a certain frequency that if played loud enough will make everyone shit themselves? The brown tone?  ???