• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: b_dubb on March 30, 2015, 03:05:08 PM
I'm waiting for the Garrison Keillor version. Don Hon was never much of a singer.

Ho hater.

old Dixie down, and the people were singing...

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 29, 2015, 02:34:15 PM
   Careful, or that cosmic motherfucker will make it the Joan Baez version in your head.

Said in the voice of Michael York: Sir! I resist the necessary implication that such forces are yet more sadistic than previously suspected! Good day! Sir!

And all the people were singin'
They went
Laaaaaa, la-la-la-laaaaaa
La-la, la-la
La-la-la-laaaaaa

pate

I should be toatly...

Sut yup>?

And a n

'nother thang...

How long do you stare at the last fare you have?

Tyre'd...  Tyre> ?  You a beginner?////

MIcjogam///...

I meant Micigan, as in Detroit...

Eddie Coyle

Philistines who confuse Taco with Falco. They are just like the ignoramuses who mix up Lobo with Poco.

I've no time for such foolishness!

Quote from: pate on March 31, 2015, 02:53:01 AM
I should be toatly...

Sut yup>?

And a n

'nother thang...

How long do you stare at the last fare you have?

Tyre'd...  Tyre> ?  You a beginner?////

MIcjogam///...

I meant Micigan, as in Detroit...

What in the FUCK...

Whipped into a Sonic for a decadent burger. I noticed they had reinstalled the little stainless steel counter tops at each car stall. They are convenient for leaving trash (or coin tips) on before you leave and most importantly, gives the carhop a place to set your food down instead of cramming it all into your car via a bag.

So, I thought they were correcting their error by bringing back a little shelf space convenience both for the employee and the patron. Wrong. Turns out I am merely in a test area.

A few minutes later, I discover what the "test" is. A fucking drone flies into a hover position over the stainless steel shelf and drops off my burger then buzzes away without so much as a "fuck you."

I'm torn about drone tech. Sure, it's fun, but this is such overkill. For what? So they don't have to pay for as many carhop hours? I've heard of restaurants playing with the idea, and everyone has heard of Amazon's testing. But just to fly a few feet with a goddamn burger?!

Apparently, if you order a drink or if your order is over a weight limit, you are guaranteed to NOT get delivery by the "Sonic Buddy."

Christ on corny dog.  I swear CEOs have too much time on their hands and the bean counters are always trying to shave off a human being's need for some damned working hours.

Anyway, they are pissed at me now. I complained about needing some ketchup and when they dutifully sent three packets view drone, I gently reached out and plucked the little airship from the air and placed it upside down on the passenger seat and scooted on out of there.

Hey, as far as they know, it flew away.

[attachimg=1]

pyewacket

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 01, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
Anyway, they are pissed at me now. I complained about needing some ketchup and when they dutifully sent three packets view drone, I gently reached out and plucked the little airship from the air and placed it upside down on the passenger seat and scooted on out of there.

Hey, as far as they know, it flew away.

[attachimg=1]

I was reading your post and made the mistake of taking a drink just as I reached this part and actually spit most of it out as I laughed. Thank you for this- best laugh of the day. This is what makes Bellgab a great place to visit. Now I need to change my shirt.  ;D

Quote from: pyewacket on April 01, 2015, 09:57:36 PM
I was reading your post and made the mistake of taking a drink just as I reached this part and actually spit most of it out as I laughed. Thank you for this- best laugh of the day. This is what makes Bellgab a great place to visit. Now I need to change my shirt.  ;D

You're always welcome, pyewacket. Thanks for taking the time to read my words and for tolerating my typographical errors. I later noticed a few brain chillers in that wall of text.

So sorry about the spew reaction and shirt.  :(

But it could not be avoided.  :D

For I am Camazotz Automat, the Stainer of Shirts and the Killer of Keyboards.  High fructose corn syrup, wine, milk, tea, OJ, and coffee are my weapons of chaos... said weapons and operation purchased with humor, the incontrovertible coin of the realm.

You're probably safest with water. From a sippy cup.

(For those obsessed with hierarchy, I'm just above Barney Fife - Knight of the Single Bullet, and just below George Costanza - King of the Idiots.)

[attachimg=1]

wr250

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 02, 2015, 03:22:00 AM
(For those obsessed with hierarchy, I'm just above Barney Fife - Knight of the Single Bullet, and just below George Costanza - King of the Idiots.)

but you do have jorch beat by 100 IQ points

Quote from: wr250 on April 02, 2015, 05:21:26 AM
but you do have jorch beat by 100 IQ points

Said in the voice of John Wayne in True Grit fashion:

I sure as almighty hell hope you're right about that, mister.

pyewacket

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 02, 2015, 03:22:00 AM
You're always welcome, pyewacket. Thanks for taking the time to read my words and for tolerating my typographical errors. I later noticed a few brain chillers in that wall of text.

So sorry about the spew reaction and shirt.  :(

But it could not be avoided.  :D

For I am Camazotz Automat, the Stainer of Shirts and the Killer of Keyboards.  High fructose corn syrup, wine, milk, tea, OJ, and coffee are my weapons of chaos... said weapons and operation purchased with humor, the incontrovertible coin of the realm.

You're probably safest with water. From a sippy cup.

[attachimg=1]

Never apologize for giving a person a good, honest, laugh at the silly things we encounter in this life. It helps keep us a little saner... although some of us are drawn to the wackier elements like moths to a flame.

I quite liked your writter's voice and didn't notice any annoying errors. Sometimes a less formal, conversational style fits the topic much better than polished prose. I can see that you'd be a good sparring partner in written jibes and jokes. Paladin1991 is also good at wordplay.

I'll keep the sippy cup in mind- or maybe a straw.

I enjoy your brand of humor and suspect you're far and beyond old Barney.  ;)

Birdie

How do flies know to disappear when you get the swatter out? Little bastards....

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 02, 2015, 08:08:34 AM
Said in the voice of John Wayne in True Grit fashion:

I sure as almighty hell hope you're right about that, mister.

You kill me Cam, and I die happy.   8)  Laughing my face off at this.

Yorkshire pud

It's lengthy, but please watch this. Anyone still think keeping these magnificent creatures imprisoned a good thing?

http://youtu.be/dYVhZcOa4zM

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 03, 2015, 11:24:30 PM
You kill me Cam, and I die happy.   8)  Laughing my face off at this.

Continuing in John Wayne fashion:  Sorry 'bout killin' ya over and over, little messiah. That was never my intent. You're one hell of a woman to put up with such nonsense as repeated death and resurrection. Have some whiskey. It's on me.

Eddie Coyle

Food Poisoning. The type that makes you lose 7 pounds in 30 hours. The type that has lead to 30+ trips to the loo in that time frame.

Trying to sleep, but from noon to 6:30 pm, a steady stream of news copters over my house as they get their all important aerial shots of the courthouse for Tsarnaev verdict.

paladin1991

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 08, 2015, 08:58:23 PM
   Food Poisoning. The type that makes you lose 7 pounds in 30 hours. The type that has lead to 30+ trips to the loo in that time frame.

Trying to sleep, but from noon to 6:30 pm, a steady stream of news copters over my house as they get their all important aerial shots of the courthouse for Tsarnaev verdict.
Holy shit!  Bro you have got to stay hydrated and max out potassium intake.  If you can't keep these fluids down or in, you might need to consider a trip to the 'mergency ward.  You got anybody near by to give you an assist?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 08, 2015, 11:40:08 PM
Holy shit!  Bro you have got to stay hydrated and max out potassium intake.  If you can't keep these fluids down or in, you might need to consider a trip to the 'mergency ward.  You got anybody near by to give you an assist?

My sister dropped off 8 bottles of Gatorade late last night and I drank 5 of them since Midnight. Feeling a lot better/stronger now compared to how I felt yesterday afternoon. And the Gatorade is staying down, so things are improving.

lonevoice

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 09, 2015, 02:30:20 AM
   My sister dropped off 8 bottles of Gatorade late last night and I drank 5 of them since Midnight. Feeling a lot better/stronger now compared to how I felt yesterday afternoon. And the Gatorade is staying down, so things are improving.
Thank you, EC's sister.  We're rather fond of the guy around here.

Keep getting better, Eddie Coyle.  Food poisoning is a miserable beeyatch.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: lonevoice on April 09, 2015, 01:24:36 PM
Thank you, EC's sister.  We're rather fond of the guy around here.

Keep getting better, Eddie Coyle.  Food poisoning is a miserable beeyatch.

Bless you ;), my sister is responsible for my Lazarus-like revival today. Gatorade and Peeps(75% off this week!) are now my exclusive diet from this point on. I don't trust solid foods anymore.

b_dubb

Maybe it's the Mountain Dew enemas

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on April 09, 2015, 09:06:12 PM
Maybe it's the Mountain Dew enemas

I dabbled with a Mello Yello mixed with Purple Crush concoction that morning...

paladin1991

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 10, 2015, 10:25:24 AM
   I dabbled with a Mello Yello mixed with Purple Crush concoction that morning...
Sick, deviant....

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 09, 2015, 04:10:09 PM
... my sister is responsible for my Lazarus-like revival today...

Does that mean she can play some shit music while she's there?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 10, 2015, 10:50:25 AM
Sick, deviant....

Doubly true today.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 10, 2015, 11:30:28 AM
Does that mean she can play some shit music while she's there?

She and her husband have roughly 50 live Pearl Jam albums between them. That comes close to negating the life saving Gatorade delivery. Thankfully, none of Vedder's warbling "yarl" to be heard.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 10, 2015, 12:55:52 PM
...     She and her husband have roughly 50 live Pearl Jam albums between them. That comes close to negating the life saving Gatorade delivery. Thankfully, none of Vedder's warbling "yarl" to be heard.

Virvana must be coming because I've heard at least a couple tunes a day on the radio the past couple weeks

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 10, 2015, 01:10:44 PM
Virvana must be coming because I've heard at least a couple tunes a day on the radio the past couple weeks

Cobain's anniversary always leads to an uptick. "Grunge" is now "classic" rock as well. Which means tired playlists get an injection of songs that have been overplayed since 1991.

eyenoeyeno

we never forget what love feels like

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on April 11, 2015, 10:15:53 AM
we never forget what love feels like
Yeah, and they say that distance makes the heart grow fonder. Screw that!