• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell cancels show for good

Started by Auslandia, December 11, 2015, 04:36:47 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ChandlersDad on December 18, 2015, 01:06:13 PM
I can tell you from experience, if you lay on the desert ground for 20 minutes, you will get up with scorpions hanging on to your balls and a rattlesnake pretending to be your belt.

It might be weird, but the scorpions would freak me out big time before the snake; although I know I'm far less likely to die from being stung by the scorpion.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 18, 2015, 01:08:45 PM

It might be weird, but the scorpions would freak me out big time before the snake; although I know I'm far less likely to die from being stung by the scorpion.

Agreed. Poisonous snakes aren't my thing, but I've been around enough to feel more freaked the fuck out over scorpions.  Can't imagine one latched onto my ballz, though.  Not that I have any.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 02:35:39 PM
Agreed. Poisonous snakes aren't my thing, but I've been around enough to feel more freaked the fuck out over scorpions.  Can't imagine one latched onto my ballz, though.  Not that I have any.  ::)

I guess scorpions just improvise where their pincers grab....Especially if it's a chilly night

just sayin

Donald Noory

Quote from: onan on December 18, 2015, 07:19:31 AM
I'm thinking that if we don't have all the answers to Art Bell's antagonist by this afternoon, my life will be ruined.

You'll always have chronic onanism.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 18, 2015, 02:40:31 PM

I guess scorpions just improvise where their pincers grab....Especially if it's a chilly night

just sayin

I'll just make sure my undies are nice and snug. LOL

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 03:42:32 PM
I'll just make sure my undies are nice and snug. LOL

There's something erotic about a woman in a too tight bra...

Apparently. I heard once. I think.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 18, 2015, 03:45:42 PM
There's something erotic about a woman in a too tight bra...

Apparently. I heard once. I think.

I do think either way, loose or tight fitting, the scorpion could sting a tit or two.  I'll just keep my appendages crossed real good, and hope for the best.

CornyCrow

Quote from: weedeater on December 18, 2015, 07:42:58 AM
Who would lie on the ground for 20 min. waiting for the cops to arrive.  20 min!!! I'd crawl off for a beer.
Yeah.  I know this was NOT the scene, but I keep picturing Airyn at the door, with the room light highlighting her form for the shooter, yelling 'Art - Art?' while Art is silent on the ground. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: Segundus on December 18, 2015, 07:58:56 PM
Yeah.  I know this was NOT the scene, but I keep picturing Airyn at the door, with the room light highlighting her form for the shooter, yelling 'Art - Art?' while Art is silent on the ground.
Stop it.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 08:02:51 PM
Stop it.
Yeah.  It's just the picture that came to my mind and nothing to do with reality.  I said that.  I can't help myself.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Segundus on December 18, 2015, 08:07:58 PM
Yeah.  It's just the picture that came to my mind and nothing to do with reality.  I said that.
That's the part. Stop it.

Please. And Thank You.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 08:08:58 PM
That's the part. Stop it.

Please. And Thank You.

You're quite correct. There was no need for Airyn to be at the door and be a perfectly back lit target; no need at all. Or to be in the house with her terrified daughter, when an unapprehended stalker/assassin is out in the dark, watching and waiting to make his move. Meanwhile her husband is more concerned about lining Heather up for his show and posting FB messages and not insisting the police up their game, than his family's personal safety, who he could easily  afford to evacuate (even temporarily) to a safe and anonymous address.

It all makes perfect sense!
Next week we discuss how to prevent unicorns eating your shrubbery, and angels: do they really enjoy the same food as humans? Don't forget to listen to next years 'how to go back in time using items you can find around the house" on our podcast.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2015, 03:52:33 AM
You're quite correct. There was no need for Airyn to be at the door and be a perfectly back lit target; no need at all. Or to be in the house with her terrified daughter, when an unapprehended stalker/assassin is out in the dark, watching and waiting to make his move. Meanwhile her husband is more concerned about lining Heather up for his show and posting FB messages and not insisting the police up their game, than his family's personal safety, who he could easily  afford to evacuate (even temporarily) to a safe and anonymous address.

It all makes perfect sense!
Next week we discuss how to prevent unicorns eating your shrubbery, and angels: do they really enjoy the same food as humans? Don't forget to listen to next years 'how to go back in time using items you can find around the house" on our podcast.
I'm thinking either this whole thing was bogus or things happened and a spin was put on them by someone who is being very precise in the language used. 
'They could not trace the phone call'. 
Well, that's because they'd need to have you have filed a police report first, which you refused to do.
Maybe that's because there never was such a call?

I don't know.

Maybe Art was taking the garbage out, a quick out and in.
Airyn waited for a bit, didn't see him, heard some noise outside, cracked the door with the lights off, and whispered 'Art', but Art did not answer.  After a while of no Art, she called the cops. 

But maybe Art made the noise and knew she'd be in no danger, there under the light, calling for him.  Who knows? 

DrCarl

Art Bell has lost his mind. He's cancelled the show for the last time AGAIN? Listen, Bell is fond of working his ass off to build something up, but then he can't handle what he's built. Unfortunately, this time he created a whole station and he's gotten others involved in his craziness. My guess is that he finally figured out he couldn't make enough money without advertisers to do what he thought he could do, so he used this lunatic excuse to bail out. It would have been so much better to either admit his failure OR, if he felt compelled to lie, claim his back was acting up again. But to say someone was shooting at him so he hit the dirt, pulled out his cell phone and called not the police but his wife who THEN called the police, was ridiculous. And for the police to have come, examined the area and report that they could find no evidence that he was shot at, would be embarrassing for a normal person, which Bell is not.

Bell is a talented guy and in many ways a smart guy, but he's got a screw loose. Personally, I could't sand to hear him say his two favorite words anymore anyway. "Michio" and "Kaku".

Falkie_Fan

Feel bad for Keith and all you guys who spent so much time and energy helping him with this project. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: Segundus on December 19, 2015, 06:52:13 AM
I'm thinking engaging in wild-ass speculation either this whole thing was bogus or things happened and a spin was put on them by someone who is being very precise in the language used. 
'They could not trace the phone call'. 
Well, that's because they'd need to have you have filed a police report first, which you refused to do.
Maybe that's because there never was such a call?

I don't know but I'm going to write a story.

Maybe Art was taking the garbage out, a quick out and in.
Airyn waited for a bit, didn't see him, heard some noise outside, cracked the door with the lights off, and whispered 'Art' Daddy, but Art daddy did not answer.  After a while of no Art sign of daddy, she called the cops, which she had just learned in school that day. 

But (sigh)]maybe Art made the noise and knew she'd be in no danger, there under the light, calling for him.  Who knows?
FIFY

Dr Who

Is everyone sugesting this was all a conspiracy by Art and his way of getting out of the project?Realy Guys? Is this not more a case of peoples imagination running away with them ????

Quote from: Dr Who on December 19, 2015, 02:36:29 PM
Is everyone sugesting this was all a conspiracy by Art and his way of getting out of the project?Realy Guys? Is this not more a case of peoples imagination running away with them ????

No. I think a lot of people think Art is telling the truth but also feel Art doesn't want to do a show full time.

Dr Who

Well maybe thats the case he is 70 year old though I would think he wouldnt be saying his family and him were in danger just to do less shows.

Smoley

What do you expect an audience that has enjoyed listening to conspiracy theories and tales of government misdirection on Art's late night show for 20 years to think?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 19, 2015, 02:42:17 PM
No. I think a lot of people think Art is telling the truth but also feel Art doesn't want to do a show full time.

Which would be totally cool, if that's what he wanted.. and just said so.

*Countdown 'til daddy comes home

begins NOW!...*

Dr Who

I expect them to think we have lost a great radio personality and ebtertainer.

CornyCrow

Who knows what's a conspiracy here and what was real?

All we DO know is what's been reported officially, which is there were NO witnesses willing to give a police report on any of it, the meager things the police were permitted to do yielded nothing, and that Art took pains to limit police/official involvement in the matter.

Why would you not want the police snooping around?  Either the story (or parts of it) are bogus, OR maybe he really does want to continue with the show but there's some other reason why he doesn't want the cops nosing around his property.   

I don't know where else a logical person could go with this.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Segundus on December 19, 2015, 03:02:03 PM

All we DO know is what's been reported officially, which is there were NO witnesses willing to give a police report on any of it, the meager things the police were permitted to do yielded nothing, and that Art took pains to limit police/official involvement in the matter.

Why would you not want the police snooping around?  Either the story (or parts of it) are bogus, OR maybe he really does want to continue with the show but there's some other reason why he doesn't want the cops nosing around his property.   

I'm pretty sure that a meth lab in one of the outbuildings would perfectly explain a person's reluctance to get the cops involved Segundus.

Dr Who

Look Art would be the first to admit he may be a good radio presenter but hes not a very sociable person maybe he didnt want the police converging on his place because he just wants to get on with his life I think there is some evidence to suggest someone was making threats and maybe he feels it just is not worth all the bother.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Segundus on December 19, 2015, 03:02:03 PM

Just asking to clarify, not to argue..  this makes it sound like Art went out of his way to make sure that no police were involved, which is totally not true.  Listen to his show on the 21st of October, and he mentioned repeatedly that the cops were around.  (I just replayed that show this morning).    If he wanted this hushed up, he could have tried a bit harder, no? I agree, that doesn't mean he went out of his way to file reports and get the bad guy(s) either, but I don't believe he is trying to hide something.   How (or why) would that make any sense?

Art didn't know for a fact, at least as of Oct 21st, that this person was after him. He assumed the person was, but he couldn't say for sure. He looked around the following day, and found no bullet holes.  All he has is the word of neighbors that somebody in a car drove by and fired some shots.  Later, in that same program, he did say that some lights on his property went on - which means someone was likely walking around. That might make it seem more likely the person was there specifically for Art.  The cops, I would imagine, had already left, or he would have probably clarified that on the air..  So who or what was lurking around? No idea.

That night, I think it very well could have been him deciding it wasn't that big of a deal (yet), and he didn't need to make more of it than he felt necessary.  When it continued with more incidents, then you could argue perhaps that he should have taken more steps to make sure this wasn't going to continue, or that the person couldn't get to his family. I'm not in his head. I have no idea what he was or wasn't thinking..

but again, I think you're probably off with the idea that he was specifically trying not to get the police involved, for some nefarious purpose.. like he didn't want them snooping around his property.   :o

maybe (as crazy as this is) when you're Art Bell, giving out all of this info as it's playing out, you feel you're already telling the cops? You're making a public statement.   :o

Ciardelo

I mean, just think about it Segundus. Art's running low on cash. He's had plenty of time to do research on Netflix now. The high-rolling lifestyle of being on radio is fading. He needs some quick cash. LOTS of it. Who knows how much money he owes the mob? I'm not saying I know, I'm just asking who knows?

He's out there, with a relative amount of privacy and it explains why he won't move. A quietly run meth lab--perfect solution. I'm not saying he is a drug dealer, just that I can't understand why he would not move Segundus.

Ciardelo

Y'all DO see that big-ass motor home Segundus? Why has Art never mentioned It?

It would be a perfect place to run a meth lab. I'm not saying that Art is running a meth lab, just that it is the only logical explanation for all this Segundus.

Dr Who

The only lab Art will have running will be one to tinker c crane radios.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 03:12:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that a meth lab in one of the outbuildings would perfectly explain a person's reluctance to get the cops involved.

I don't think it's even close to being that dramatic/headline news a reason; how about simply being economical with the truth? I don't know what the US equivalent is. Filing a statement in this country (when it is signed) is evidence and can be presented in court. There's a reason why police officers allow the witness to read through and make corrections on statements before signing.

I'm aware of an occasion where the daughter of an old friend of mine made a false allegation against her own mother and dictated a statement to that effect. The female police officer knew she was lying (by dint of the provable evidence) and allowed her opportunity to retract/alter her signed statement several times before the immortal words:
" Jane Doe,  â€œYou do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

She got to the end of the bold part before his daughter shouted out, "I'm sorry I'm sorry, I made it up" A really fucked up family I admit, but the police do take things like that very seriously.

It could be AB hasn't pursued it because he knows it invites questions he'd rather not be asked.