• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Anyone elses SiriusXM app down tonight?

Started by somatichypermutation, October 05, 2013, 12:19:11 AM

Morgus

Works fine for me right now with the PC app via the internet.

Juan

I keep having problems with buffering on Indie 104.  I can switch to something like Real Jazz, and not have a problem, then switch back to 104 and have the problem every few minutes. Very frustrating.  This is for the live shows - I can listen to the archived show with no problem at all.

area51drone

I am in the US, and I tell you - it is a joke of a web service.   It is constantly buffering and it is often down for maintenance.   Their website is just as bad as their player.   If it wasn't for Art, it would be sayonara SiriusXM.

onan

Quote from: area51drone on October 05, 2013, 04:23:35 AM
I am in the US, and I tell you - it is a joke of a web service.   It is constantly buffering and it is often down for maintenance.   Their website is just as bad as their player.   If it wasn't for Art, it would be sayonara SiriusXM.

What this guy said.

b_dubb

I'm not having any trouble. Maybe some of you should compare notes on ISP, computer and network hardware to see if you can find a commonality. I'm using iPhone 4S, iPad 4 and Mac OS X Lion using a 802.11 n Belkin router in time warner cable broadband

Juan

My computer is a home brew quad core with max memory, so I don't think that's a problem.  Router is gigabit on LAN and 800-something wireless.  So, I don't think that's a problem.  ISP is Clearwire, so that could be the problem, but when I change channels to Luna (Latin) or Real Jazz, I get no rebufferings.  It's only on Indie 104 during the live shows and rebroadcasts.  If I go to the on demand shows, there is no problem.

What's everyone else got?

b_dubb

Quote from: UFO Fill on October 05, 2013, 09:10:21 AMISP is Clearwire, so that could be the problem, but when I change channels to Luna (Latin) or Real Jazz, I get no rebufferings.  It's only on Indie 104 during the live shows and rebroadcasts.  If I go to the on demand shows, there is no problem.

as soon as i saw Clearwire was your ISP i assumed that was probably the culprit but if you only have trouble with a particular channel it may relate to how Sirius XM is either serving up that stream or the compression.  my guess is your troublesome stream is compressed differently but there could be something about how that stream is served that makes Clearwire barf on your throughput.  i'm guessing

Juan

Yeah, Clearwire is not ideal, but it's the only one available that will let me use the email addresses of my domain name.  The rest force me to use the one assigned by them, or else log onto my site with a browser and read the email with the browser.  Bastards.

lonevoice

Quote from: area51drone on October 05, 2013, 12:05:49 PM
I'm on comcast cable modem.
Same here.  I had problems the first few nights of week one...the usual stuff of the stream dropping and the app freezing.  Since then I haven't had a single drop-out.  Everything has worked fine on both my laptop and the Grace Digital internet radio. 

Figured out my issue, my 30 day subscription expired after about 44 days and they did not try to sign me up. Just shut me off.

I think the thing now works and is tied to the same email address as my XM car account.  They should have known this....

Worth it for Art Bell and soccer, but SiruisXM customer service sucks.