• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

CJJames

Quote from: jazmunda on February 13, 2015, 07:09:29 PM
Only if it's off-brand mayonnaise. We have standards to uphold.

If its not Miracle Whip, I don't see the point.

pate

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on February 13, 2015, 06:59:05 PM
Is making love to a jar of mayonnaise a bannable offense?

Not, Sure, but my understanding of the rulz wuz that if the mayonnaise was present in the room while one was with a second person, there might be a warning.  I stopped doing that stuff after the first warning, BUT I did hear that if you do it a second time "there will be consequences," I know hearsay, and therefore doesn't carry much weight in the 'common opinion' court, but worth (in my mind, at least) keeping in mayo in the fridge.  Or in the cabinet, if the seal is unbroken...

pate

Quote from: CJJames on February 13, 2015, 10:51:40 PM
If its not Miracle Whip, I don't see the point.

Filthy infidel, the door is THAT way...

aldousburbank

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on February 13, 2015, 06:59:05 PM
Is making love to a jar of mayonnaise a bannable offense?
No, but it is a bannannable offense. 

Heather Wade

Woo hoo!  This weekend just gets better and better.

I had finally caught up on the GabCasts and now I'm suddenly 2 behind again.

Listening to the Feb 10 show, they played the Noory clip about haters 'closeting together' and 'having nothing else to do'.  At 34:40, Jaz, credulously:  "Is he talking about us?"  LOL

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 14, 2015, 10:31:11 PM

Listening to the Feb 10 show, they played the Noory clip about haters 'closeting together' and 'having nothing else to do'.  At 34:40, Jaz, credulously:  "Is he talking about us?"  LOL

I was of course joking. I didn't come down in the last shower ya know. :P

lonevoice

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 14, 2015, 10:31:11 PM

I caught up on the last 2 and found out that MV thought I was being a "piece of crap" when I emailed the station manager who coined the "Dave Noorie" nick.  Rat-eating hater!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lonevoice on February 15, 2015, 01:06:41 AM
I caught up on the last 2 and found out that MV thought I was being a "piece of crap" when I emailed the station manager who coined the "Dave Noorie" nick.  Rat-eating hater!

Whaaaaa! I said no such thing.

lonevoice

Quote from: MV on February 15, 2015, 01:47:45 AM
Whaaaaa! I said no such thing.
Feb 10 - 1:15:48

I'm only a little butt hurt, though.

jazmunda

Quote from: lonevoice on February 15, 2015, 02:02:46 AM

The GabCast co-hosts do not in any way share MV's thoughts and opinions and we disassociate with all of his rantings and ravings.

Heather Wade

Quote from: lonevoice on February 15, 2015, 01:06:41 AM

I thought we agreed that was awesome.  It resulted in "Dave Noorie".  Which is awesome on it's own, but also because that resulted in "Davebots".  Therefore, according to my calculations, lonevoice = won internet.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lonevoice on February 15, 2015, 02:02:46 AM

Where do I go to hear the show?

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 15, 2015, 02:50:39 AM
Where do I go to hear the show?

Art Bell is selling pirated copies through a secret page on his website

ponyboysunset

I plugged the show on Rollye James's Show Friday night. She also stated she had fun when MV interviewed her a few years ago! You all should check it out on the replay. Anyway we talked about Art a little bit as well, and podcasting and what an actual set up costs.

Grov505th

So are we going to have a special Holiday GabCast today? ;D

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 16, 2015, 10:02:27 AM
I plugged the show on Rollye James's Show Friday night. She also stated she had fun when MV interviewed her a few years ago! You all should check it out on the replay. Anyway we talked about Art a little bit as well, and podcasting and what an actual set up costs.
so whats her opinion on how much a decent setup costs?

ponyboysunset

She said he could spend that much, but honestly she thought a high end set up might run him 10,000 if he is buying top of the line new everything, including a delay unit. She does almost all of hers for free as she has loads of old equipment and also buys used. She said she thought even 5,000 was way too much. She set out to do her show a few years ago to prove you could do for almost nothing, as friends of hers were complaining about the cost. And honestly, if anyone would know it's Rollye. Her knowledge of radio is staggering. BTW she has not been on the forum in ages, but it's rumoured her husband is on here. So Hi Jon!!!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Grov505th on February 16, 2015, 10:18:10 AM
So are we going to have a special Holiday GabCast today? ;D
That would not be appropriate or respectful. Instead, I believe that all good Americans should get hammered and take in some golf.

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 16, 2015, 11:30:58 AM
That would not be appropriate or respectful. Instead, I believe that all good Americans should get hammered while taking in some golf.

fixed, because thats all golf is good for.

Grov505th

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 16, 2015, 11:30:58 AM
That would not be appropriate or respectful. Instead, I believe that all good Americans should get hammered and take in some golf.
I would go golfing.....beer cart girls are fun. But alas it is snowing..and about 14 degrees here. Maybe I will take in a Presidents Day sell or something

Falkie2013

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2015/02/16/bitter-cold-follows-fresh-new-england-snowfall-as-south-prepares-for-winter/?intcmp=latestnews

While here in the SF Bay area near record heat in a February without winter, at least for this past weekend. 72 here now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Daggit

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 16, 2015, 06:49:47 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2015/02/16/bitter-cold-follows-fresh-new-england-snowfall-as-south-prepares-for-winter/?intcmp=latestnews

While here in the SF Bay area near record heat in a February without winter, at least for this past weekend. 72 here now.

Don't you have your own thread for useless information?

Heather Wade

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 16, 2015, 10:35:27 AM
She said he could spend that much, but honestly she thought a high end set up might run him 10,000 if he is buying top of the line new everything, including a delay unit. She does almost all of hers for free as she has loads of old equipment and also buys used. She said she thought even 5,000 was way too much. She set out to do her show a few years ago to prove you could do for almost nothing, as friends of hers were complaining about the cost. And honestly, if anyone would know it's Rollye. Her knowledge of radio is staggering. BTW she has not been on the forum in ages, but it's rumoured her husband is on here. So Hi Jon!!!

Any thoughts on the cost/ concerns of using copyrighted bumpers?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 16, 2015, 10:56:15 PM
Any thoughts on the cost/ concerns of using copyrighted bumpers?

She said it was too bad he still didn't own KYNE because the rights to music change then, and she would know. She owns two stations of her own now. But even before that, if you want to know something about radio you find Rollye James, she'll know :) (She does all of her own engineering, so she knows the technical aspects as well. She was rattling off model numbers of all the stuff he could use)

You can hear the audio here:
http://www.rollyestream.net/downloading.html

The show is 2-13-15
I am the first caller and we talk about Art, among other things, like my book :) Sorry shameless promotion at its finest. Looking forward to tonight's show. Oh and you can hear me plugging the show as well.