• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

heater

[edited because I was a step behind]

Wow, and tonight James Van Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh is on C2C!!!1!!

I wonder if he'll contact her... for a price. They could have a three-way on air. Conversation, that is.

There are no coinshidences.

eddie dean

I have a huge problem with what Browne did. She was greedy and contemptuous.
I believe she predicated the year she would die. I have not checked, but I am sure it is wrong.
She preyed upon miserable people, and simply made shit up, all the while charging hundreds of dollars per hour. I have little sadness for her death, although I feel bad for the people close to her and the family who loved her.
Maybe this makes me a bad person, but she cannot scam people any longer, for that, I am greatful.

It's one thing to be a carney shill, but Browne went on national tv and told Amanda Berry's mother she was dead. Ten years later Amanda Berry was rescued from captivity, but her mother was dead by then and went to her grave probably believing her girl was dead, thanks to that carnival hustler. She preyed on the griefstricken and the vulnerable. At least she can't make money off them anymore.

Talk about a website's relevance that expired the very moment Sylvia did:

http://www.stopsylvia.com/home/

[attachimg=1]

Kudos to Robert Lancaster for maintaining the site, which I'm pretty sure I posted a link to several years ago on georgenoorysucks.com, but I'm too lazy to go check.

I rarely use the word "kudos." I usually hate it. The annoyance level is right there with "akimbo" and "broad daylight."

eddie dean

Quote from: Sardondi on November 07, 2013, 05:38:51 PM
Oh, that hurts me. It's  juts not possible. The Astrodome is so new and modern and space age. It's still shiney and new-smelling. Right? Hello?

And Earl Campbell - man, he never got the credit he was due. What a powerful, powerful runner. He was from the old would-not-be-denied school of bull-bodied power pounders who loved delivering a hit instead of just taking one. The best at this was I ever saw was Larry Csonka, who would go out of his way to find defenders to run over on his way to the goal line. But Earl was right there with him. But even though Earl was powerful and built for collisions, he had speed on the corners as well, as this short highlight tape shows as he outruns linebackers, safeties and even cornerbacks, beating the speed merchants to the turn and then outrunning them in a flat out sprint for 6. And of course running over them too.

Earl Campbell Is A Beast 

And this is one play he had in college as an Oklahoma Sooner for Barry Switzer. A massive stiff arm that turns into an explosion.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Earl+Campbell+at+Oklahoma&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I have fond memories of watching the Houston Oilers as a kid. Being amazed at the punishing hits Cambell would impart on any defender in his way. His break away speed and finesse out of the backfield was a beautiful thing to see.  QB Warren Moon was fun to watch also, I wish the duo could have played together for more than 1 season.
Being from a state with no NFL team, the oilers (when they were good) were an easy team to adopt, for a fickle, fair weather Arizona kid in the late 70's & 80's.

eddie dean

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 20, 2013, 08:30:40 PM
Talk about a website's relevance that expired the very moment Sylvia did:

http://www.stopsylvia.com/home/

[attachimg=1]
Yes that is true, but the site owner, robert lancaster, has health issues, which has prevented him from  devoting much time to the stop sylvia site since 2008. It still has loads of info and emails documenting her fraudulent activities.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: timpate on November 20, 2013, 06:39:49 PM
Never did buy into her bullshit but she is dead.http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/20/sylvia-browne-world-famous-psychic-dead/

ZOMG I can't believe I learned about it on BellGab, too. WOW! That was unexpected. I was never a fan, but she's kind of a legend in her own right. Or maybe "legend" isn't a good word. She was kind of a . . . . well, hell . . . she was something. There will never be anyone like her. I'm gonna stop talking now.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 20, 2013, 07:29:56 PM
Wow, and tonight James Van Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh is on C2C!!!1!!

I wonder if he'll contact her... for a price. They could have a three-way on air. Conversation, that is.

There are no coinshidences.

OH PLEASE, GODS OF BAD TALK RADIO, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Quote from: eddie dean on November 20, 2013, 08:48:08 PM
Yes that is true, but the site owner, robert lancaster, has health issues, which has prevented him from  devoting much time to the stop sylvia site since 2008. It still has loads of info and emails documenting her fraudulent activities.

To be clear, and responding to your "but" statement, I wasn't taking a swipe at the site's data or lack of updates. I've been wishing Robert well for years. I was only referencing the fact that Sylvia has effectively been stopped.

I couldn't stand Browne. Montel Williams DROVE ME EQUALLY INSANE when he promoted her. CHRIST! I distinctly remember blowing a gasket about him on GNS.

I possess the same disdain toward toward John Edward, Van Praagh, DuBois, etc.

I just need to get them alone in a room.

For fifteen minutes.

Cold reading amateurs!!!!!!

(ironically, I have nothing against holding an old fashioned séance. I'm a hypocrite that way.)

Heather Wade

Quote from: SylviaBrownesGhost on November 20, 2013, 09:09:59 PM
Say what you want, I'm with the Angels

Sylvia Browne is So Amazing Remix and Angels Parody Psychic

You never quit, do you Spooky Matter?  Yeeeaaah.... this is me calling your BS, dude.

eddie dean

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 20, 2013, 09:14:16 PM
I couldn't stand Browne. Montel Williams DROVE ME EQUALLY INSANE when he promoted her. CHRIST!

I possess the same disdain toward toward John Edwards, Van Praagh, DuBois, etc.

I just need to get them alone in a room.

For fifteen minutes.

(ironically, I have nothing against holding an old fashioned séance. I'm a hypocrite that way.)

I guess it's worth mentioning that I can be a hypocrite in this regard as well.  I believe the soul is life, and when the human vessel dies, the soul moves on to another plane or perhapps dimension.  I'd like to believe that some form of communication is possible and there might be a select few, who can tap into this world, in a spontaneous way.  I am not a complete sceptic of this facet of the paranormal,  I just don't think the people who go on tv and radio, and charge hundreds are very credible or sincere. Cold readers and scam artists, as you accurately pointed out.

When a physic starts guessing the first letter of the dearly departed's name,
" I'm getting an S and maybe a B, what does this mean to you? "
Oh my god! Do you mean Sylvia Browne!
It is pretty obvious, if you can see  through the emotion these frauds try to take advantage of.

Rant complete ;D

onan

Quote from: eddie dean on November 20, 2013, 09:48:29 PM
I guess it's worth mentioning that I can be a hypocrite in this regard as well.  I believe the soul is life, and when the human vessel dies, the soul moves on to another plane or perhapps dimension.  I'd like to believe that some form of communication is possible and there might be a select few, who can tap into this world, in a spontaneous way.  I am not a complete sceptic of this facet of the paranormal,  I just don't think the people who go on tv and radio, and charge hundreds are very credible or sincere. Cold readers and scam artists, as you accurately pointed out.

When a physic starts guessing the first letter of the dearly departed's name,
" I'm getting an S and maybe a B, what does this mean to you? "
Oh my god! Do you mean Sylvia Browne!
It is pretty obvious, if you can see  through the emotion these frauds try to take advantage of.

Rant complete ;D

Life is consumption. The energy in one's body is the sum of the food eaten from days to minutes ago. Don't eat for several days; then tell me how much life you have.

Quote from: eddie dean on November 20, 2013, 09:48:29 PM
I guess it's worth mentioning that I can be a hypocrite in this regard as well.  I believe the soul is life, and when the human vessel dies, the soul moves on to another plane or perhaps dimension. I'd like to believe that some form of communication is possible and there might be a select few, who can tap into this world, in a spontaneous way. I am not a complete skeptic of this facet of the paranormal, I just don't think the people who go on tv and radio, and charge hundreds are very credible or sincere.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Similar to Mulder's mission statement on his office poster in the X-Files. I want to believe.

eddie dean

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 20, 2013, 09:14:16 PM
To be clear, and responding to your "but" statement, I wasn't taking a swipe at the site's data or lack of updates. I've been wishing Robert well for years. I was only referencing the fact that Sylvia has effectively been stopped.

My butt is quite large, I wouldn't call it a statement though. ;D
I understand Cam, just having a fun conversation about something I am passionate about.
I wasn't challenging what you said, just clarifying.
Ssb is a good site, It's where gathered most of my info about her.

Quote from: eddie dean on November 20, 2013, 10:03:41 PM
My butt is quite large, I wouldn't call it a statement though. ;D
I understand Cam, just having a fun conversation about something I am passionate about.
Well, it was fun, until Onan explained we are merely worm dirt waiting to happen.

These different views are exactly why I enjoy watching Closer To Truth with Dr. Robert Lawrence Kuhn. He oscillates between hard science and faith/belief, and interviews amazing people, all the while interjecting his doubt either way.

Are we mere "meat machines" (Thank you, Tesla) or do we carry some kind of connection to something we can't begin to properly imagine?

http://www.closertotruth.com/

eddie dean

Quote from: onan on November 20, 2013, 09:58:31 PM
Life is consumption. The energy in one's body is the sum of the food eaten from days to minutes ago. Don't eat for several days; then tell me how much life you have.

Probably not much energy without  food, but the lifeforce is still there. Calling it a soul has somewhat of a  religious implication, which wasn't my point. I dont necessarily subscribe to any particular organized religion.   I think I am in way over my head here, but, When we die something leaves the body. whatever you want to call it, energy or soul or life or electrical impulses.
It is disturbing how a body looks like a mear shell, after death has occured.
A personal example: An open casket funeral for our lead singer in 95, he looked only vaguely recognizable,  and it was something I couldn't quantify or understand. It was him, but at the same time it wasn't. I have no idea where he went, nor have I seen him since, apart from a few vivid, drunken dreams. I'd love to talk to the guy and ask him why he took his life, and what its like when you die. But im not going to pay anyone to feed me generalized guesses and bullshit.
I forgot my point so I will stop typing now.. ;D

eddie dean

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 20, 2013, 10:27:02 PM
Well, it was fun, until Onan explained we are merely worm dirt waiting to happen.

These different views are exactly why I enjoy watching Closer To Truth with Dr. Robert Lawrence Kuhn. He oscillates between hard science and faith/belief, and interviews amazing people, all the while interjecting his doubt either way.

Are we mere "meat machines" (Thank you, Tesla) or do we carry some kind of connection to something we can't begin to properly imagine?

http://www.closertotruth.com/

We have connections to everthing in one way or another. Maybe not necessarily intelligent connections to inanimate objects. There could be an intelligence on a galactic scale, maybe not exactly like what some religions subscribe to or believe.  Something inbetween religion and science that we dont yet understand.  Particle physics is fascinating although I dont understand most of it, but 2 particles seperated by vast distance that somehow communicate position or spin changes instantaneous,  is where I believe some answers lye. How do they know? How do they transmit and receive the information?
I am reminded of a book about these mysteries called: the dancing wu li masters by gary zukav.
Its outdated, 1979. He mixes both science and new age ideas to try to find answers. I dont know if the science aspect of his theories holds up to scrutiny,  but its a interesting read for those who dont mind the mix of new age and mysticism along with particle theory.

Thanks for the link, he sounds interesting! ;D

yumyumtree

I have to admit that I shed no tears over the death of Sylvia Browne.

In addition to the Amanda Barry case, there was the Shawn Hornbeck case, in which pretty much the same thing happened. The truth is, once someone is missing for more than 48 hours, the odds are that they are dead. Sylvia Browne was just going with the odds and making a guess. These two were exceptions.

Someone in law enforcement would know more about this, but psychics, remote viewers, etc. make much of the fact that law enforcement asks for their help solving cases. In reality, I think what usually happens is that the psychics go to them, and they sometimes reluctantly accept the help. I think that this is how it usually works. I don't know of any crimes or missing persons cases that have been actually solved by psychics or remote viewers, though maybe there are some.

Juan

Quote from: onan on November 20, 2013, 09:58:31 PM
Except the argument would be that you are talking only about energy for the body, not the soul (or whatever you want to call it.) The absence of life would be observable from the body - there's little or no evidence from anything else.

Sleepwalker

According to Sylvia's website, "In March of next year I will be hosting a fun-filled Caribbean cruise aboard Holland America . . . "

Another bad prediction.

onan

Quote from: Juan on November 21, 2013, 12:01:10 PM
Except the argument would be that you are talking only about energy for the body, not the soul (or whatever you want to call it.) The absence of life would be observable from the body - there's little or no evidence from anything else.
I am not sure what you mean. When cellular respiration stops, life stops. Granted chemical energy is still stored in cells, but the overall is chemical reactions have stopped.

Maybe she blew herself up huffin' laudanum and smokin' unfiltered Virginia Slims.

Well, we can hope, right?

yumyumtree

I suppose that I should have said that "excepting for adults who don't want to be found", the odds are that a person missing for a long period of time is dead. It's true of children who aren't runaways. So that means babies and little kids.
Two interesting novels about this topic are The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard.

jazmunda

Art Bell's career.

Too soon?