• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

littlechris

Quote from: Colorado ESQ on November 18, 2013, 11:49:58 AM
As a "real lawyer" on this forum, I am very suspicious about the user who posted he is representing Art with the NC. Concerns are: 1) the user purportedly solicited Art seeking to represent which is an ethical violation; 2) the user posted information concerning representation which breeches attorney/client confidentiality and is an ethical violation; and 3) the user requested assistance from nonlawyers with ideas and strategy for representation which is an egregious ethical violation in several respects. 

If this user is in fact a lawyer whom Art has retained for representation I am very concerned about what appears to be inexperience and unprofessional conduct. If the user is not a lawyer then I advise caution against attempting to practice law without a license.  Either way, it does not seem good.

WOW!!! Looks like Art made yet another foolish decision. Geez!! Yup, throw in the towel guys. Art is officially brain dead. :(

Marc.Knight

Quote from: littlechris on November 18, 2013, 01:39:35 PM
WOW!!! Looks like Art made yet another foolish decision. Geez!! Yup, throw in the towel guys. Art is officially brain dead. :(

Or, someone is blowing a lot of hot air with no truth behind it.

ItsOver

Quote from: wotr1 on November 18, 2013, 01:31:10 PM
...I would far sooner converse with somebody who curses than with a self righteous, judgmental, sanctimonious "holier than thou" type who is willing to step on others and attempt to engineer their failure.  Presently my working environment contains more of the latter than the former... But hey!  At least the language is clean. ::)

LOL.  Good points, wotr1.  At least you know where you stand with folks who cuss you out to your face.  I'd prefer that rather than pulling knifes out of my back.  ;D

Falkie2013

Quote from: wotr1 on November 18, 2013, 06:22:36 AM
I think that I need to get something straight... What the fuck?  You come to an unmoderated forum dedicated to Noory sucking and are surprised to find foul language peppering the comments?  I would say that I do not mean to offend; but honestly, I would be lying. 

***I often avoid that language, and when I feel it necessary usually ### over the letters (I do not know why... perhaps it is like certain people who write God as G--.  everybody knows what was meant, but somehow leaving the letters blank is better?)  However, in the case of this post I feel it necessary... I really do not care to have the moral police upset with how people conduct themselves here.  It is a unique forum with an eclectic, interesting mix of people.  some curse like sailors, some don't.  I am not certain that it is up to me (or you) to police it.  If MV wanted I am sure he could run around cleaning up the board and put in rules like Art had on DM (which I appreciated.)  Being as MV is both a heathen and an infidel, it seems unlikely that those rules will be implemented anytime soon.Thank-you lonevoice.  I do not know that I have actually read that before... and in my 30 some-odd years on this earth had never seen the words cunt and waffle put together in quite that manner...Mmmm... Let's see... What others ways could one phrase that? I suppose there is always "get the fuck out" or "fucking take off, you hoser."  There could also be "don't let the fucking door hit you on your way out" or the ever popular "why the fuck are you still here?"  That's about it.  I think I have used up my allotment of "adult language" for the rest of the month.

Certain people print G*d like that or G-- for religious reasons. I've started doing it for reasons of me own partly because I worry about offending the deity as I approach the slippery slope that we all face.

Its silly to worry about the use of the f word in a world where madmen kill their own citizens and evil abounds.

Or as Sgt. Hulka said in Stripes :

" Lighten up, Francis. "

Quote from: Philosopher on November 18, 2013, 01:45:34 PM

Or, someone is blowing a lot of hot air with no truth behind it.

Where is it even coming from, though? Did someone post saying that Art has given up the legal fight?

Falkie2013

Quote from: ThruTarmac on November 18, 2013, 11:48:34 AM
It's the weather.

There are Tasty Canadians.

And there are Moisty Northwesters.

And what does one do when its constantly raining anyway ?

Watch moss form or listen to Art ?

:)

maureen

MV, Greetings!.. what are the schedules for Gabcast and SpecSheet, please? I thoroughly enjoyed the Gabcast with Art and there was a wonderful feel of Firesign Theatre, fun radio guys from the 60's. Thanks for all your good work!!

Quote from: CornyCrow on November 18, 2013, 11:57:12 AM
I am not terribly offended by bad language, it's all around us.  There are some people who seem to have a need to show us that they are truly cheap, common, and low creatures.   Man has risen upwards from the primordial sludge, but some like it down there and seem to bask quite happily in filth.  I wonder why?  I don't think 'fuck' any longer has shock value for us.  Is it a bad habit?  Is the vocabulary somewhat limited? 

The lower we go in society the more we seem to hear sloppy and degrading language.  Is that what we really want to project to others about ourselves? 

I suspect that some who use it are still throwing a hissy fit in front of mommy and daddy in a part of their brains.

I agree that 'fuck' has no shock value anymore. 'CUNT' on the other hand...

Oh my shitting cock fuck! I must be the lowest of the low in your society.

dan7800

Nobody knows anything. Nobody knows if that is a real lawyer, or what Art is thinking. All we have is speculation and people jumping to conclusions.

dortmunder

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 18, 2013, 01:50:44 PM
And what does one do when its constantly raining anyway ?

Watch moss form or listen to Art ?

:)

We get more active when it "mists". Shorter days means getting as much daylight as possible. At night we play. Lots of reading, outdoor activities, cheap beer and 4-dollar movies at the Laurelhurst and various other theaters, whiskey, live music, food trucks, cheap beer, biking, hiking, gardening, did I mention cheap beer yet? What about whiskey? Rainier and a shot for five bucks? I'm there. I'll bring a book. All that makes the winter much more tolerable. And if that doesn't work there's plenty of bridges to jump from.

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: dan7800 on November 18, 2013, 02:02:05 PM
Nobody knows anything. Nobody knows if that is a real lawyer, or what Art is thinking. All we have is speculation and people jumping to conclusions.
Well, if it were not a lawyer then one might expect that Art would respond that the post was not valid. That is unless of course he has retained counsel (either that poster, or other counsel) who advised him not to post any longer on this forum. In either case the null hypothesis would be that Art had retained counsel.  The alternative would be that he had simply decided for other reasons not to post for random reasons that we cannot know.  I believe that the post has the "ring" of veracity, but who is to say.  All I can say is that I highly doubt that he has given up.

Perhaps he is considering my "nuclear option".  That is to say broadcasting in International waters in a boat under the flag of an agreeable nation. He could even get people like Julian Assange, Snowden, and Paul Watson to live on board and work as "guest hosts" flaunting the 50000 watt AM limit and going "off shore" from major metropolitan areas like San Francisco, Seattle, and Miami.  The signal could then be rebroadcast/streamed onto the internet via an array of friendly sources.  Radio Free Bell would ring throughout the world an no one other than Art himself would have editorial input.  Now the call quality would definitely be an issue....

Falkie2013

There's so much I have to learn about using my Mac but I found a font out there that might be great fun for people more proficient to me to use on here.

Its called mustache.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 18, 2013, 02:20:03 PM

There's so much I have to learn about using my Mac but I found a font out there that might be great fun for people more proficient to me to use on here.

Its called mustache.

Does it print little Noory heads?

lonevoice

There's "no news". 

Some people have a default position that "No news is good news."

Some people have a default position that "No news is bad news."

Some people  have a default position that "No news is no news." (That's mine)

As for whether the previous legal statement is really from Art Bell's attorney:

Right after the statement was posted, our resident self-proclaimed expert in all things posted:

Quote from: Quick Karl on November 14, 2013, 12:45:20 AM
I don't believe a word of that.

To which the poster we know to be Art Bell's producer and close friend of many years posted:

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 14, 2013, 01:00:40 AM
We didn't ask you..

Maybe Quick Karl knows more about it than Producer-Paul does.  After all, Quick Karl posts his opinions in HUGE BOLD FONTS with exclamation points!  That's gotta count for something, right?

By the way, Quick Karl, lecturing the entire board that "Art is done! Step away from the keyboard!" is no different than someone lecturing the board to stop using the word "Fuck."   You're entitled to your opinion, and you're entitled to step away from your own damn keyboard if you want.  And, I'm entitled to tell you to stop telling ME what the fuck to do.  Peace out.

LucienWMoon

Quote from: dan7800 on November 18, 2013, 02:02:05 PM

I agree, but its all we have to do until this clears. My biggest issue is how every time with Art quitting there is always some mysterious information he can't discuss, not to minimalize what happened to his son years ago.

Falkie2013

And then there are the people like this as I got in my email :

This was in relation to the Art Bell Calls Hitler video.

TheHorsenation
bellgab is a piece of crap run by retarded morons

I'm gonna have to block that guy !

Them's fuckin' fighting words.

I was also amused to see that NASA has now been fully taken over by Yiddish speaking Jews as they launched a satellite to Mars called MAVEN.
;D

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/11/18/nasa-set-to-launch-robotic-explorer-to-mars/?intcmp=latestnews

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAVEN

A maven (also mavin) is a trusted expert in a particular field, who seeks to pass knowledge on to others. The word maven comes from Hebrew, via Yiddish, and means one who understands, based on an accumulation of knowledge.

So that means that all those " on air experts " both on Coast and DM are secretly Jews.

lol
;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

I hate to be the one to point this out... But using poor language is one of the more minor flaws that somebody can have.  I consider proof that we as a species still wallow in the primordial sludge to be all around us and present in those who do not use such low, crass, common language as much as those who do. 

I cannot tell you how much I preferred working with a group of people who cursed and were "crude" over some people that I presently work with.  There may not be any bad language, but the back stabbing and ladder climbing while stepping on those beneath them is far more telling of how cheap and common we are.  If you honestly believe that ones class and their language dictate what kind of person they are I would have to suggest that you do not have experience working in diverse environments.

I would far sooner converse with somebody who curses that with a self righteous, judgmental, sanctimonious "holier than thou" type who is willing to step on others and attempt to engineer their failure.  Presently my working environment contains more of the latter than the former... But hey!  At least the language is clean. ::)

Good points, wotr1... I have a brother-in-law who is the classic glad-handing, back-slapping banker.  Calls all the men "Guy" (Hey, Guy, how are ya?) and most women "Babe".  I have worked with people who showed up often in the office wearing some sort of self-congratulating religious-themed tee-shirt (Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven....).  I've worked with far-left sanctimonious people who talk a good game about tolerance but who then suggest a political enemy is probably gay.  Such people come in all stripes.

Give me an honest, stinky hippie anyday.... 

MV/Liberace!

I hate to be the one to point this out... But using poor language is one of the more minor flaws that somebody can have.  I consider proof that we as a species still wallow in the primordial sludge to be all around us and present in those who do not use such low, crass, common language as much as those who do. 

I cannot tell you how much I preferred working with a group of people who cursed and were "crude" over some people that I presently work with.  There may not be any bad language, but the back stabbing and ladder climbing while stepping on those beneath them is far more telling of how cheap and common we are.  If you honestly believe that ones class and their language dictate what kind of person they are I would have to suggest that you do not have experience working in diverse environments.

I would far sooner converse with somebody who curses that with a self righteous, judgmental, sanctimonious "holier than thou" type who is willing to step on others and attempt to engineer their failure.  Presently my working environment contains more of the latter than the former... But hey!  At least the language is clean. ::)

great post.

morphiaflow

Quote from: Philosopher on November 18, 2013, 09:36:35 AM

I agree.  We don't know, other than through a confirmation or denial from Art.  The contents of the post seem to be more concerned with letting us know about his or her retention than Art's situation.  Additionally, a lawyer should be generally unconcerned with what anyone has to "suggest" as a course of action.  Yes, a little fishy.

This has a particularly fishy odor:

"Those of you who have ideas on how to proceed with the ground troops, i.e. BellGab itself, should feel free to send me a personal message with your ideas.  Videos, posting at certain sensitive websites, and other such actions, are all encouraged if done in a legal manner."

Producer Paul has tacitly implied this is legit, not least by refusing to refute it. He's had several days to do so. I conclude it is the real deal.

Falkie2013

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 18, 2013, 02:42:38 PM
Good points, wotr1... I have a brother-in-law who is the classic glad-handing, back-slapping banker.  Calls all the men "Guy" (Hey, Guy, how are ya?) and most women "Babe".  I have worked with people who showed up often in the office wearing some sort of self-congratulating religious-themed tee-shirt (Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven....).  I've worked with far-left sanctimonious people who talk a good game about tolerance but who then suggest a political enemy is probably gay.  Such people come in all stripes.

Give me an honest, stinky hippie anyday....

If you don't mind, no thanks. I've lived in the Haight Ashbury and saw quite enough stinkie hippies back in the '60's and even now as many of them hang out by Amoeba Records and McDonalds next door to ask for change.

It always pissed me off that a great restaurant was on that site for years which had incredibly good fried chicken and got replaced by McDonalds which is swill by comparison.

As for the self rigteous, twice I've known bible thumper types and I had to borrow money from them and left them in 2 different cases a tv and a stereo as collateral.

One was my neighbor in LA and there was a group living with him that were always running around saying " praise the lord ".

The other was a co-worker. I went into his house one day and blurted out a swear word and his wife said :

" we're CHRISTIANS. and I don't tolerate the use of those words in my home. "

Both times I went to go and pay them back and found both groups moved out of town with NO warning and took my stuff with them.

So much for Christian values, eh ?

I think there was something about thou shalt not steal somewhere in those commandments that they chose to ignore while telling everyone else how " CHRISTIAN " they were.

I hate hypocrites.

On the other side, I have known many Christians who don't wear their religions on their sleeve and who are good people and have been very kind to us.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 18, 2013, 02:54:54 PM
Producer Paul has tacitly implied this is legit, not least by refusing to refute it. He's had several days to do so. I conclude it is the real deal.

Jesus.

laserjock

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on November 17, 2013, 10:34:57 PM
Noory is OK, and sometimes a good interviewer, Wells is better, Knapp is very good and sometimes great and Bell is in a class with few others (actually Savage and Clyde Lewis might be up there with Bell, but their subject matter, venue, and my personal listening association with them is too scant to have a real solid opinion).  Calling Noory a bad host isn't I believe correct, just as a good college basketball player is better than 99% of the population, but would look like an oaf compared to Michael Jordan in his prime, so to does Noory suffer by comparison to those who are gifted. With that said he could improve dramatically with greater show preparation, and a more "curious", challenging, and even skeptical approach (where appropriate).

Wells is a babbling, rambling, insecure, paranoid Wing nut extreme, he's the worst one.  He's horrible at interviews, and is obsessed with conspiracy, everybody's out to get us, according to him.  I exchanged emails with him and he literally called the president a "loser", even though Obama has accomplished more in his little finger than Wells has even in his little dream and fantasy world.  I don't mind hearing right wing viewpoints, after all, Bell is partly liberatrian and rightish, that isn't why I detest Wells (AND Noory), it's their irrational and shameless bias and refusal to air anything alternate or to ever question guests like Art does.  Wells had David Blume on for a few seconds and he couldn't even handle Blume (who is probably too liberal for the robot -it does not compute- Wells to handle).  Blume only got a few minutes, it's almost like Wells was told YOU WILL HAVE THIS GUEST.   Noory might be a dope, but at least is sometimes rational, Wells is off his rocker crazy, and he's a paranoid child.  When I send him emails with critique in them, he either responds with less than professional comments, or goes on the radio and makes childish remarks.  I told him he was a bit of a wing nut and he went on the air and made a bizarre nonsensical comment about it moments later.  He's a child.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 18, 2013, 02:54:54 PM

If this is true then Art needs to lay off whatever he advocates be legalized for medicinal or other purposes.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 18, 2013, 02:56:22 PM

It always pissed me off that a great restaurant was on that site for years which had incredibly good fried chicken and got replaced by McDonalds which is swill by comparison.

Yeah, has anyone noticed that McDonald's food tastes like absolute garbage? From their Burgers to their McNuggets, everything tastes like ready-made stupid. I can't even believe that shit originated in some actual earth-plant or earth-animal. Its nauseating filth. Every bit of it. Their fries are golden cancer and their fucking chicken is nonsense.
Fuck off, McDonalds!

tertiaryimam

Quote from: laserjock on November 18, 2013, 03:08:04 PM
Wells is a babbling, rambling, insecure, paranoid Wing nut extreme, he's the worst one. 

Yes but would you have phone sex with him?

[attachimg=1]

weeberwubber

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 18, 2013, 03:28:12 PM

Yeah, has anyone noticed that McDonald's food tastes like absolute garbage? From their Burgers to their McNuggets, everything tastes like ready-made stupid. I can't even believe that shit originated in some actual earth-plant or earth-animal. Its nauseating filth. Every bit of it. Their fries are golden cancer and their fucking chicken is nonsense.
Fuck off, McDonalds!

Mmmmmmm, yummo.

http://gothamist.com/2013/11/12/this_is_what_a_mcrib_actually_looks.php

Marc.Knight

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 18, 2013, 03:28:12 PM

Fuck off, McDonalds!

...So we have a choice of either fried chicken, grilled chicken, or fucking chicken. 

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Philosopher on November 18, 2013, 03:37:59 PM

...So we have a choice of either fried chicken, grilled chicken, or fucking chicken.

[attachimg=1]

Marc.Knight

Anyone ever get the feeling that Art quitting Dark Splatters is actually an alternate timeline that shouldn't have happened in our universe?  Sorta like a freak crack in time diverted the future of the only talk show worth listening to?  I wonder if a non-compete clause takes effect across alternate universes...