• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

After George asked the same question twice in the span of two minutes, the second guest said: "blub...blub...blub...I feel like I'm repeating myself." Hint: you are repeating yourself. Later George said: "I'm sorry I'm asking hard questions." Guest: "No,no,no...I...like...questions... " (said in a terse voice through clenched teeth.

Then a caller marveled how she had gotten on the air five times in a month. George told her not to share "her secret" of how to get on the air. She said she didn't have a secret. Her secret is that pretty much, only the sad pack call these days. When Art was the host it was nigh unto impossible for a caller to get on the air.

I hated that Lee Greenwood song when it came out, and I hate it even more today. George's constant virtue-signaling is very tiresome. And I wonder. how many times  Tommy had George practice saying bourgeois, before he felt George would not screw it up.

ItsTelly

Oh Pleeeze...

It's the same callers all the time: Cornelius from Alabama, Annie from Alabama, Tom from La Jolla, Joe from Long Island, Tom (?)- from Tacoma...that's about half the callers.

Bluntly, I don't think many people listen to the show. I'm guessing 50,000 on an average night tops.  But if you told me 15,000- I wouldn't argue with you.
A lot of folks may have this on as 'background' but engaged and listening? Nope.

Then again, Noory isn't engaged and listening 70% of the time.

Telly

Noory is a complete write-off. But the show's guests and topics are so terrible that a better host wouldn't do much to improve the show. I like Syrett but his guests are from the same polluted pond of bottom feeders Noory and Dannheiser fish from. I could go on YouTube and find better guests. Knapp and Punnett get better guests because their interests are wider - Knapp with true crime and Punnett with popular culture,  Knapp because of his reputation and career as a legitimate journalist is able to book the small number of legitimate UFO 'experts'.

I'm listening to Syrett interview a guest for hours, actually guests, they are brothers and their 'research' is into the pagan origins of America. They keep repeating that the Greeks and Egyptians came to America long before the native Indians. My god, how ignorant and lazy and stupid do you have to be not to go to Google or Wikipedia to check your facts. Native American Indians, entered America from Siberia  22,000 to 13,000 years ago as the glaciers melted and a land bridge from Alaska to continental North America was exposed. Even 13,000 years ago is thousands of years earlier than the 5,000 years before present that the Egyptians became a civilization. And the Greeks, they are recent, about 1000 BC. Really surprised Syrett doesn't have this pretty basic knowledge and didn't call them on their ridiculous crackpot history.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 19, 2020, 04:03:30 AM
damn and here I thought you were so normal.

but it's a good reminder that even those people you really think have their shit together may be battling some demons.
Uh, thanks I guess.  It was over 12 years ago.  Never drank again.

Speaking of demons, George once summoned demons.  Of course, he wouldn't see it that way.  But his words were, "Sexy demons? SEND some!"  I wonder how that turned out for him.  Demons are not considered fun, let alone demons messing with sexuality.  Did it affect him or his loved ones?  Why has he not recanted?  Maybe he doesn't recognize disguised demons.

Quote from: Ciardelo on August 19, 2020, 06:49:36 AM
Thanks for sharing Jojo. Keep coming back.
As long as GNS, I'll probably do that.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on August 19, 2020, 07:09:28 AM
Because yoga kills.
No.  But alcoholic-related pancreas pain can.  Alcoholism affects blood sugar and digestion.  After all, hard liquor is empty calories, just like sugar.  110 empty calories and simple carbs per 1.5 ounce shot of gin.  It wreaks havoc on digestion.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on August 23, 2020, 02:23:24 AM
No.  But alcoholic-related pancreas pain can. 

Because CBD and Buddhism kill. Nice try, DEA.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 19, 2020, 01:36:45 PM
WTH?  Talk about train wrecks.  On an aside from your sordid past drunken history and ice cream utopia, where exactly does Boston’s classic “More Than a Feeling” mention alcohol?
I had to go down my rabbit hole.  C2C search engine sucks.  But here is the result:

I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
Girl, you just don't realize
What you do to me
When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
That you're in love with me
Lips are sweet as candy
It's taste stays on my mind
Girl, you got me thirsty
For another cup of -GNS-.
Can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
What you do to me
When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
Lips are sweet as candy
Girl, you got me thirsty
For another cup of -GNS-
Got a bug from you, girl
But I don't need no cure
I just stay affecting
If I can for sure
All the good love when we're all alone
Keep it up girl
Yeah, you turn me on
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
All the good love…
Got a bug from you, girl
But I don't need no cure
I just stay affecting
If I can for sure
Keep it up girl
Yeah, you turn me on
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
All the good love…

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on August 23, 2020, 02:42:31 AM
Lips are sweet as candy
Girl, you got me thirsty
[...]
LIPS are sweet as CANDY
It's TASTE stays on my MIND
Girl, you got me thirsty
For another cup of -GNS-
[...]
All the good love…

I always thought he was singing about pussy juice. True story, hand to God.

Jojo

Quote from: pate on August 19, 2020, 10:17:10 AM
I do not believe "Royal Crown Cola" is a knock-off brand.  Their history dates back as far as the beginning of the Cola Wars of the late 19th & early 20th Centuries.

That is my go-to brand for whiskey mixins'.

-p
I should check it out.  I remember the brand from when I was very little.  Maybe they could come out with a saccharin based diet, like Tab used to be.  I don't think it's bitter at all.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 19, 2020, 05:54:00 PM
Of course we agree! Do you really think I’d marry a Pepsi drinker?! :D
I hope not!

aldousburbank

I had to go down my rabbit hole.  C2C search engine sucks.  But here is the result:

Deep inside of me
What you do to me
When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
Lips are sweet as candy
Girl, you got me thirsty
Can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
What you do to me
When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
Lips are sweet as candy
Girl, you got me thirsty
For another cup of -GNS-
Got a bug from you, girl
But I don't need no cure
I just stay affecting
If I can for sure
Keep it up girl
Yeah, you turn me on
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
All the good love…
Got a bug from you, girl
But I don't need no cure
I just stay affecting
If I can for sure
Keep it up girl
Yeah, you turn me on
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
All the good love…

OogaChaka!

ItsOver

Deep inside of me
What you do to me
When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
Lips are sweet as candy
Girl, you got me thirsty
Can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
What you do to me
When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
Lips are sweet as candy
Girl, you got me thirsty
For another cup of -GNS-
Got a bug from you, girl
But I don't need no cure
I just stay affecting
If I can for sure
Keep it up girl
Yeah, you turn me on
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
All the good love…
Got a bug from you, girl
But I don't need no cure
I just stay affecting
If I can for sure
Keep it up girl
Yeah, you turn me on
I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
All the good love…
Eh, Ms. Pancreas Pain, your lyrics are for “Hooked on a Feeling” by B.J. Thomas, not “More Than a Feeling” by Boston and written by the musical genius, Tom Scholz, the song you previously criticized for referencing booze. If you’re going to critique something with your lunatic hallucinations, at least try to get the songs right.  Alcohol induced brain damage is a bitch, especially when you can’t even get your misplaced blame correct.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 23, 2020, 08:12:38 AM
Eh, Ms. Pancreas Pain, your lyrics are for “Hooked on a Feeling” by B.J. Thomas, not “More Than a Feeling” by Boston and written by the musical genius, Tom Scholz, the song you previously criticized for referencing booze. If you’re going to critique something with your lunatic hallucinations, at least try to get the songs right.  Alcohol induced brain damage is a bitch, especially when you can’t even get your misplaced blame correct.
The blame goes to the C2C search engine.  I didn't know the artist nor did I cite one.  Didn't know the name of the song either.  Starting and zero, Google didn't help, and by the time I got to C2C all I had was their search engine, since I no longer knew the day.

I think this was very good work for a targeted individual.  I was only off by two words (Hooked-on, as opposed to More-than).  And I figured it out.  It took about 40 minutes today and 15 min a few days ago.

These are the dark, unproductive things that result from George's suckage and C2C website's search function suckage.  It used to work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to spare you the bore but since my image idol is being so mean let's explore further.  George recently had a guest on who was a mental health doctor with a PhD.  The shrink had treated or praised an athlete who he said was a good role model for males.

It was awful for the shrink praised the athlete indirectly, saying the athlete over-achieved by marrying a former Playboy Bunny.

This seemed appalling to me, since many books by former Bunnies have affirmed that they were prostitutes, for $1000 "allowance" per week which they had to beg for in time-consuming, negative ways.  They say Heffner did not use prophylactics and that STDs were a concern.  If they didn't allow him to have casual sex with them, they didn't last long.

The praise also seem like exaggerating, since it's not really a stretch for a professional athlete to marry a former model.  Models are paid well and so they can afford to frequent professional sports events, where of course they meet athletes, who also are paid highly, so they can meet the courtship expectations of the models or former models. 

It was hard to hear the name of the athlete and his wife's name was not mentioned at all.  I had to replay the segment several times to understand.  After figuring out the athlete's name, I Googled him and his wife.  It was an Internet search that took me to many dark places, places with women in extremely revealing clothes, places with articles about constant dog poop on the floor at the mansion, etc...  After about 90 minutes, I was able to figure out that Rob Dyrdrek and Bryiana Noelle Flores were the mention.

I did not uncover much philanthropy.  There was word that Bryiana got out of the mansion (although it would take 7 years for her body's cells to rebuild themselves after Heffner's semen got into her cervix and beyond, and even then when her cells rebuild, they still use components from his semen).  She wanted to do more meaningful things - which she allegedy did.  But no description of her philanthropy was listed at all, and the article said she went right back into modeling.

Another dark, useless waste of time, thanks to suckage related to George Noory.  I could have spent the rest of my life without knowing any of this, and I can't get that 90 minutes of research time back.

George did not have a prepared response, although he knows guests and callers will make inane mentions like this.  He sounded very awkward and then moved on.

"Rob over-achieved by marrying a former Playboy Bunny."
"Oh?  Good for him."

Rated D-.

"Rob over-achieve by marrying a former Playboy Bunny".
"Oh?  How did you meet your wife, Doc?"

Would have been rated A+.  Along with other variations like, "Does your wife listen to this show?" or "But I'll bet your wife is actually the most beautiful person" or even, "Aw, c'mon Doc, you could buy a model - doctors are close to the top of the food chain".  Or, "Do you believe the things in the recent books?  It sounds like the Bunnies were not treated professionally?"

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on August 23, 2020, 08:12:38 AM
Alcohol induced brain damage

If only there were a way to fix such things. Clinically proven, solid science, tens of thousands of success stories, gosh it's too bad there's nothing that can be done to help her and she's just going to have to suffer forever and ever and ever without end.

Quote from: Jojo on August 23, 2020, 02:12:15 PM
The blame goes to the C2C search engine.

I'll be honest: I'm kind of wondering... "Does she deserve it?" Let's be honest: some people do. Oh well, I'm just going to go smoke some drugs: see ya. Best of luck!

pate

Quote from: Jojo on August 23, 2020, 02:12:15 PM
...  Didn't know the name of the song either.  Starting and zero, Google didn't help,.. buy a model ..?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFV9yqC_a-Q
\
never thought about it that way
/

-p

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on August 23, 2020, 03:09:41 PM
If only there were a way to fix such things. Clinically proven, solid science, tens of thousands of success stories, gosh it's too bad there's nothing that can be done to help her and she's just going to have to suffer forever and ever and ever without end.

I'll be honest: I'm kind of wondering... "Does she deserve it?" Let's be honest: some people do. Oh well, I'm just going to go smoke some drugs: see ya. Best of luck!
I was barely even born by 1968 so how would I know.

Besides, David Hasselhoff is the singer who sang it in my generation. 

Nice to hear the original.  It is very good.

wonderful. a new week of ISuckRadio is upon us.

just tuned in to hear Jorch the Anti-Vaxxer scaring his elderly listeners about a coronavirus vaccine.  better they remain in their long term care facilities with their families unable to visit them.

Jorch with a straight face tells his second guest,

'I feed off a live audience. You can hear them laugh and cry.'

It's NooryMania, women seeing the Lebanese Elvis gyrating his hips live on stage overcome with emotion and cry uncontrollably.

I bet his big number at these shows is that song he plays all the time about a guy who visits his dying lover in the hospital in the middle of the night, she's weak and sleeping, and the coward just leaves her to die alone because he's a shitbag. Noory relates to the song because it's exactly what he'd do in that situation. Noory also lies about that song, claims it's based on a true story. I googled it and the songwriter said it's fictional.

albrecht

Guest and Norry were lamenting how people don't take vacations and the FDA put mineral springs out of business, he especially cited Mineral Wells, TX. I was at the grocery store and saw bottles of "Crazy Water" for sale.  And they still have mineral baths also but more of a B&B it looks like, not massive place.

http://drinkcrazywater.com/

People still go to hot springs, mineral wells, and, of course, spas (some natural and some built on the same concept.)  Sometimes at great cost or travel, for US citizens, (Iceland, Japan, Hungary, Turkey, etc) or natural ones (at some of our National Parks. Other places, like Hot Springs, Arkansas turned to other things to stay in business. But Sonora and various town have craps loads of spas, mud treatments, etc. Norry also associated mineral and hot springs with Lourdes- which is known due to the religious aspect not the mineral activity, I think.

chefist

Quote from: DAVID RUBINI on August 25, 2020, 06:52:40 PM
@ Albrecht

Call me crazy and/or sane but confused. . .

I "know" YOU

Do not ask me exactly how. But I "remember" YOU. And THAT name of yours.

You supported and followed ME and my client that I produced and booked for.
You LOVED us.
You were a EARLY CTM paid subscriber, NO ? = DO NOT EMBARRASS ME AND CALL ME A LIAR = I have a mind SUPERIOR to a fucking elephant

You are either a MAN I have met several times IN-PERSON
OR
You are Brig.

Which is it, bub/ma'am?

I am NOT mad.

There is NO correct answer.

Just wanted to say "Hello" and happy "we" are "here".

GOD BLESS

Rubinovich

Troll. You are not "David Rubini"

Jackstar

Quote from: DAVID RUBINI on August 25, 2020, 06:52:40 PM
You LOVED us.
You were a EARLY CTM paid subscriber, NO ? = DO NOT EMBARRASS ME AND CALL ME A LIAR = I have a mind SUPERIOR to a fucking elephant

Plausible. He's been here for ages and has been slinging the same hash the whole time.

And maybe your mind is superior, but how about your proboscis? I don't imagine yours being any superior to the elephant or the common tapir.

I'm prepared to be proven wrong. Post tasteful stereoscopic images in the style of interpretive dance of selected pages from the Kama sutra.

I'll have a flunky read you in on the selected page numbers at a future time. Be ready, maggot Insect.

END OF LINE.

Leave it to George to dredge up a 69-year-old movie about  an athlete, and dump it into a show about ghost hunters.

George: "Who played Jim Thorpe in the movie?"

The guest seemed perplexed how this question came out of the clear blue sky. If George has to be a talk host, he should have a show about movies and television, because it is one of the only subject he has any interest in.