• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 31, 2014, 10:21:23 AM
I tried to confirm that before typing it, but my back doesn't bend as well as it should; so I left it off.
Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 31, 2014, 02:29:07 PM
I tried it and it wasn't nice!  Not nice at all.

Perhaps yoga lessons by aldous are in order?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on October 31, 2014, 10:05:51 PM
Perhaps yoga lessons by aldous are in order?

You want me to be hospitalised?  Hater.

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 31, 2014, 01:16:28 AM
The average human's height is equal to the distance between fingertips with arms outstretched within about an inch.

Supposedly your penis is the same size as the distance from the tip of your middle finger to the base of your palm.

How many of you guys just looked at your hand? How many then stretched their fingers a little bit?

In other news I have massive hands.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on November 01, 2014, 01:20:28 AM
Supposedly your penis is the same size as the distance from the tip of your middle finger to the base of your palm.

How many of you guys just looked at your hand? How many then stretched their fingers a little bit?

Might have.

No-one likes a zhow off.

aldousburbank

The Arizona Striped Whiptail Lizard is an all female species, creating (via eggs) genetic clones of itself in a practice known as parthenogenesis. Interestingly enough the ladies practice psuedocopulation, apparently as a stimulatory act promoting ovulation. 

https://www.desertmuseum.org/books/nhsd_whiptails.php

pate

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 27, 2014, 02:55:15 PMwant you to think about that.  :-\

Space is a hell of a drug...

Oh snap, wait, space is a wasted dream that more dollars should not be spent on...  Or People Will Die...

or, well..

I either read it or heard it and here's this quote to back it up:

"In space no-one can hear you scream"

well...

In any case, some bastige cancelled the Space Program in favor of Private Enterprise...  I've run out of capitol letters to describe my sorrow for public and private hero HERo craptastic, Batman, I have to make a statement!  FOLKS who seek to attain the future but gain instead the embrace of nothingness the Almighty...

edit: It's a helluva drug...

2ndEdit:  Dammit.  Sometimes I get all messed up in windows, but I haven't found a decent solution yet...  I try not to cuss...

3rdEdiot:  I am a sinner!

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on November 01, 2014, 01:20:28 AM

You must be the exception to the rule. ;)

Heather Wade

It takes the same amount of time to make popcorn on the stove as in the microwave:  ~4 mins.

wr250

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 02, 2014, 08:20:48 PM
It takes the same amount of time to make popcorn on the stove as in the microwave:  ~4 mins.

what if i use a hot air popper?

Heather Wade

Quote from: wr250 on November 02, 2014, 08:49:42 PM
what if i use a hot air popper?

2.5 mins & 42% less fat.   ;)

zeebo

I cannot let this thread fall off the first page yet.  I'm too attached to this kind of useless trivia.  So here's a few random ones, verified by the internet.

The dates 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, and 12/12 all fall on the same day of the week during any one year.

All British battle tanks since 1945 are equipped with tea making facilities.

The orgin of the phrase "Show Your True Colors" is from Pirate ships that would approach their intended victim showing a false flag to lure them into a false sense of security.  When it was too late they would show their true colors - the black flag.

WildCard

Speaking of pussy -
QuoteThe "eight valleys" are a prime example of Chinese inquisitiveness and pedantry in these matters. Here the *yoni is subdivided into eight categories, each indicating a certain depth of the vaginal tunnel:

Lute String - 2 cm
Water-Chestnut Teeth - 5 cm
Little Stream - 8 cm (perhaps the *G-spot?)
Black Pearl  - 10 cm
Valley Proper - 12 cm
Deep Chamber - 15 cm
Inner Door - 18 cm
North Pole - 20 cm
Encyclopedia of Sacred Sexuality, Camphausen
p. 64

aldousburbank

Yesterday's protests at The Presidential Palace in Mexico City took place 495 years to the day following Hernando Cortes and 1,000 Tlaxcaltec warriors entering Tenochtitlán unopposed. I have a hummingbird buzzing my head as I write this.

Catsmile

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 09, 2014, 12:42:49 PM
... I have a hummingbird buzzing my head as I write this.

Please pass the hummingbird this way, I want my head buzzing too.

zeebo

"Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116" was a name intended for a Swedish child who was born in 1991.  The boy's parents attempted to give their child this name as a protest against the Swedish law which requires government approval for names given to children.  The court rejected it.

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on November 10, 2014, 01:29:13 AM
"Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116" was a name intended for a Swedish child who was born in 1991.  The boy's parents attempted to give their child this name as a protest against the Swedish law which requires government approval for names given to children.  The court rejected it.

Are we finally in repeats? :P ;)

Quote from: jazmunda on August 30, 2014, 05:57:37 PM
In 1996, a Swedish couple tried to name their son “Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116.” They would have pronounced it “Albin.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_law_in_Sweden

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2014, 06:54:23 AM

No; Zeebo's couple was in 1991, yours was in 1996... No repetition there. No sirreeeee.

Seriously, do you think there's only one Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 or something?  It's probably common in Sweden.

jazmunda

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 10, 2014, 04:20:19 PM
Seriously, do you think there's only one Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 or something?  It's probably common in Sweden.

Let's ask Gabor. It might be his middle name. I think it means pancake.

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 10, 2014, 08:04:43 AM
No; Zeebo's couple was in 1991, yours was in 1996... No repetition there. No sirreeeee.

The way the story goes is that the kid was born in '91 and was called Albin by the parents but they never officially registered the name with the Department of Baby Tracking in Sweden. In '96 the DBT (Department of Baby Tracking) issued them with a fine for not officially naming the baby so in protest they named him Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116.

So we are both right but I am more right.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2014, 04:41:47 PM
The way the story goes is that the kid was born in '91 and was called Albin by the parents but they never officially registered the name with the Department of Baby Tracking in Sweden. In '96 the DBT (Department of Baby Tracking) issued them with a fine for not officially naming the baby so in protest they named him Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116.

So we are both right but I am more right.
im going to name my next child  ***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7B6D528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0X00000000) "

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2014, 06:54:23 AM

Damn I got scooped.  I thought it was so ridiculous no one would have posted it.  I forgot to consider the jaz factor.    :(

"Manufacturers warn that the world may soon run out of chocolate"

Typical media hyperventilating lie, but chocolate could easily turn into a luxury item, like caviar. 

In 2013, consumers ate about 70,000 metric tons more cocoa than was produced, The Washington Post reports, and that deficit could go up to 1 million metric tons by 2020. The Ivory Coast and Ghana produce more than 70 percent of the world's cacao beans, and both countries are experiencing dry weather that limits growth. To make things worse, a fungal disease called frosty pod has destroyed 30 to 40 percent of global cocoa production.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/index/272087/speedreads-manufacturers-warn-that-the-world-may-soon-run-out-of-chocolate

jazmunda

From the year 1781 to 1850 the official name of Uranus was George.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 19, 2014, 05:20:37 PM
From the year 1781 to 1850 the official name of Uranus was George.

Doesn't that guy have a radio show?