• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

TigerLily

Wow. And the hits keep coming. Who knew Dubya would be the smart one?

George W. Bush opens up on Trump's war with the media, travel ban, Russia and veterans Feb. 27, 2017 at 7:10 AMEun Kyung Kim TODAY

"We need an independent media to hold people like me to account," Bush told TODAY'S Matt Lauer. "Power can be very addictive and it can be corrosive, and it’s important for the media to call to account people who abuse their power."

Bush also addressed the controversy over Trump advisers and the role they may have played in the scandal involving Russian hackers who tried to intervene in the election, “I think we all need answers,” he said,  “I’m not sure the right avenue to take. I am sure, though, that that question needs to be answered."

Asked pointedly if he favored or opposed the policy, Bush said, "I am for an immigration policy that is welcoming and upholds the law."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Gdvmjamzk

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 28, 2017, 06:00:04 PM

Does this piece of dog shit ever post anything worth reading?  No, I mean it--has anyone ever seen anything from him that contributed to any discussion or was in anyway pertinent?  I'll wait for someone to respond on his behalf.

Nah! We just cut him a lot of slack cuz he looks like Jim from Taxi.  ;)

TigerLily

OMG. Now that he's started talking he just won't shut up. lol

George W. Bush Breaks His Silence on the Direction of the Trump Presidency: ‘I Don’t Like the Racism and Name-Calling

For eight years since leaving the White House, George W. Bush has refused to criticize publicly those who succeeded him, saying he didn’t want to make an already tough job any harder for President Obama and, now, President Trump.

But one rocky month into Trump’s tenure, it’s harder to keep quiet.

“I don’t like the racism and I don’t like the name-calling and I don’t like the people feeling alienated,” Bush, 70, tells PEOPLE in an interview for the new issue of the magazine on newsstands Friday.

“Nobody likes that.”

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on February 28, 2017, 06:07:51 PM
Wow. Who knew Dubya would be the smart one a NWO tool? I mean his dad was only the CIA chief. What?!  :D

FIFY  ;)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: TigerLily on February 28, 2017, 05:32:25 PM
You are cranky today. Maybe you need to start your own movement

No, I'm quite regular but thank you for your concern.  I just think it's a cop-out to keep posting crap you know very well is written by anti Trump hacks who only tell the part of the story that suits their purposes.  This sort of self serving dishonesty is what has brought America to it's current sad state.  This has always been the tactics of shitty little leftists (SSLs) who care nothing about the greater good of the Nation but only about subverting what they see as being against their degenerate, agenda.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on February 28, 2017, 06:27:04 PM

George W. Bush Breaks His Silence on the Direction of the Trump Presidency: ‘I Don’t Like the Racism and Name-Calling

For eight years since leaving the White House, George W. Bush has refused to criticize publicly those who succeeded him, saying he didn’t want to make an already tough job any harder for President Obama and, now, President Trump.

“I don’t like the racism and I don’t like the name-calling and I don’t like the people feeling alienated,” Bush, 70, tells PEOPLE in an interview for the new issue of the magazine on newsstands Friday.

“Nobody likes that.”

Of course not! He doesn't mind bombing the shit out of a bunch of brown people though. He was OK with that one.  ::)

mikuthing01

“Nobody likes that.”

albrecht

“Nobody likes that.”
It is amusing that Bush, the CIA, the military, etc are now championed by leftists. Especially if they get their wish (by hook or crook) and Trump is ousted/quits the RNC and DC establishment will, aside from a few, will get what they want. And then the real fun times will begin. Watching Pence's policies towards things like abortion, Court appointments, etc with a Republican Congress?  You think SJWs and Hollywood are in meltdown now?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 28, 2017, 06:33:16 PM
It is amusing that Bush, the CIA, the military, etc are now championed by leftists. Especially if they get their wish (by hook or crook) and Trump is ousted/quits the RNC and DC establishment will, aside from a few, will get what they want. And then the real fun times will begin. Watching Pence's policies towards things like abortion, Court appointments, etc with a Republican Congress?  You think SJWs and Hollywood are in meltdown now?

I'm enjoying watching that too. Way to stick to yer guns, guys!  ::) ;D

JesusJuice

It's funny because George W. Bush was the original #NotMyPresident since he "stole" the election. He was also literally Hitler.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 28, 2017, 06:37:20 PM
I'm enjoying watching that too. Way to stick to yer guns, guys!  ::) ;D

That is just the way of shitty little liberals.  They bend over for anyone who agrees with them at the moment.  I'm too much of a gentleman to tell you what they will do for a commitment of support. 

GravitySucks

Wonder who the Designated Survivor is for the evening.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 28, 2017, 03:11:51 PM
Breaking News, President Donald Trump Latest News Today 2/28/17, signed executive orders, swearing in of Wilbur Ross, WH tour with the President.

Wilber Ross. Largest American shareholder in the Cyprus Bank. The CEO is the ex head of Deutche Bank, that was fined $5000 for money laundering billions of $ of Russian money when he was head there. The biggest share holder of Cyprus Bank? A Russian fertilizer boss (Also a good friend of Putin). He makes Trump look a pauper; but no stranger to Trump. He offloaded $100 million by buying a property in the 2007-2008 recession that Trump paid $40 million for. In fact, although Trump said he hadn't called Russia in ten years, he's not being entirely truthful (Whodda guessed eh?) .

Like a great deal of the picks in Trump's admin; most of the individuals hadn't been heard of. But they have one thing in common. They're all connected to Russia or Ukraine. Probably completely coincidental of course... ::)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/27/commerce-nominee-wilbur-ross-bank-of-cyprus-putin

starrmtn001

Really?  ???   ::)
AS TRUMP MET WITH BLACK LEADERS THIS MORNING… EVERY REPORTER NOTICED 1 THING IN THE ROOM!  2.28.17.

https://youtu.be/I0C_DshSAwI

Kelly Ann Conway had her feet on the couch! >:(    Oh NOOO!!!   ::)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 28, 2017, 04:24:02 PM

Hasn't California seceded from the Union yet?  At the very least it will increase the average IQ of American Citizens by 20 points and eliminate a huge source of national embarrassment. 

starrmtn001

Hasn't started yet (6:10 PM). ;)
LIVE Stream: President Donald Trump Speech to Joint Session Of Congress.  2.28.17.

https://youtu.be/xVCX6tniS9g

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 28, 2017, 07:03:10 PM
Really?  ???   ::)
AS TRUMP MET WITH BLACK LEADERS THIS MORNING… EVERY REPORTER NOTICED 1 THING IN THE ROOM!  2.28.17.

https://youtu.be/I0C_DshSAwI

Kelly Ann Conway had her feet on the couch! >:(    Oh NOOO!!!   ::)

Yeah, but she was having a piss.  :-\

JesusJuice

Oh lawdy! Kellyanne had her feet on the couch when there was black folks in the room!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 28, 2017, 07:07:32 PM
Hasn't California seceded from the Union yet?  At the very least it will increase the average IQ of American Citizens by 20 points and eliminate a huge source of national embarrassment.

If CA were to leave the USA, the rest of the USA would be in a massive deficit. If CA were a country it would have the sixth largest GDP in the world. If you take the USA out, it would be the fifth largest. It is a net contributor to the US economy, so suck up and be thankful.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on February 28, 2017, 07:13:11 PM
If CA were to leave the USA, the rest of the USA would be in a massive deficit. If CA were a country it would have the sixth largest GDP in the world. If you take the USA out, it would be the fifth largest. It is a net contributor to the US economy, so suck up and be thankful.

We're willing to take the hit. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 28, 2017, 07:14:39 PM
We're willing to take the hit.

Well it would lend some truth to what Trump said; He said that the USA had a negative GDP; Not possible but it got his nodding crowd happy, because they hadn't worked that bit out.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on February 28, 2017, 07:13:11 PM
I think it would be a better idea to divide it up into different states and devolution, see what I did there, with more powers over social issues, taxes, and regulations to the States and let the central Federal government branches oversee what they are Constitutionally supposed to do- wars, protect the border, settle disputes between States, issue currency, and ensure certain fundamental rights are not breached by the States (or themselves.)

But if Cali went I think both would suffer* but maybe not as much as you think. If it left on friendly terms there is no reason why we would not still do businesses with each other, just as other countries do. There are many functioning much smaller countries than most of our States with a GDP sufficient to provide jobs, safety, and lifestyles for their citizens (and many large countries that can't/don't.)

*assuming Mexico didn't take it over or China just buy it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on February 28, 2017, 07:20:22 PM
I think it would be a better idea to divide it up into different states and devolution, see what I did there, with more powers over social issues, taxes, and regulations to the States and let the central Federal government branches oversee what they are Constitutionally supposed to do- wars, protect the border, settle disputes between States, issue currency, and ensure certain fundamental rights are not breached by the States (or themselves.)

But if Cali went I think both would suffer* but maybe not as much as you think. If it left on friendly terms there is no reason why we would not still do businesses with each other, just as other countries do. There are many functioning much smaller countries than most of our States with a GDP sufficient to provide jobs, safety, and lifestyles for their citizens (and many large countries that can't/don't.)

*assuming Mexico didn't take it over or China just buy it.

Mexico is currently America's second largest trading customer by value. If Trump piles on a 20% import tax on anything coming over the border from Mexico (paid for by Americans-Don't think he's worked that bit out!), and CA split away; they'd repeal that 20% overnight. CA has a major port or three and can export/import without needing to go over another state. If Trump piled on an import tax in retaliation on CA, who would it hurt, other than those 'importing'? CA imports enough from China and SK and the rest of SE Asia to supply the rest of the USA who aren't going to stop buying anytime soon.

For Trump to suggest (and I don't doubt he really believes it) those goods are going to go to the USA to be made is fantasy.

starrmtn001

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 28, 2017, 07:09:56 PM
Hasn't started yet (6:10 PM). ;)
LIVE Stream: President Donald Trump Speech to Joint Session Of Congress.  2.28.17.

https://youtu.be/xVCX6tniS9g

Or, this link. ;)
LIVE: President Donald Trump Speech to Joint Session Of Congress 2/28/2017 Trump Speech to Congress.

https://youtu.be/eK4kmOw51KI

mikuthing01

Quote from: rekcuf on February 28, 2017, 07:27:13 PM
Muh Bush, muh Obama  :'( :'( :'(

Killing people is ok when a nigger does it #Chicago

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on February 28, 2017, 07:28:53 PM
Mexico is currently America's second largest trading customer by value. If Trump piles on a 20% import tax on anything coming over the border from Mexico (paid for by Americans-Don't think he's worked that bit out!), and CA split away; they'd repeal that 20% overnight. CA has a major port or three and can export/import without needing to go over another state. If Trump piled on an import tax in retaliation on CA, who would it hurt, other than those 'importing'? CA imports enough from China and SK and the rest of SE Asia to supply the rest of the USA who aren't going to stop buying anytime soon.

For Trump to suggest (and I don't doubt he really believes it) those goods are going to go to the USA to be made is fantasy.
There is no reason countries can't trade with each other while preserving borders and rule of law.  Mexico has more to lose than us in any dispute. It wouldn't take much for what remains of their governments, especially local, to just a full-on Narco-State with zero respect for human rights, voters, or for the majority of the people (not that it does so great at that now) but with more stability, once one cartel and/or generalissimo consolidated power,  if they didn't have remittances, aid, or business with us.

Actually even now there are/were plans to by-pass California etc by using Mexican deep-water ports (both for more capacity with the others open but under cut the unionized wages of longshoremen and stevedores on our coast, who also occasionally strike.) My experience is Mexico is so corrupt, bureaucratic, and lazy (lots of weird holidays) that the cheaper costs doesn't justify the move, yet. But I haven't done business with them in a decade. Could be the cartels have streamlined the logistics and bureaucracy?

ps: I think we are both going to be surprised. Technological developments, changing lifestyles, aging populations, etc is going to change "jobs." I think with automation, computers, 3-D printing, nano-tech, and who knows what else that manufacturing can return here. Though not, necessarily, the "jobs"- or the same jobs. I think those poorer countries relying on this type of routine labor have more trouble coming than us. Which is why is it stupid to have open-border immigration schemes to bring in cheap unskilled labor- jobs that won't exist soon in many areas.

Meister_000

Speech excerpts provided to NBC News and Fox News before-hand:

"The time for small thinking is over. The time for trivial fights is behind us. We just need the courage to share the dreams that fill our hearts, the bravery to express the hopes that stir our souls, and the confidence to turn those hopes and dreams to action. From now on, America will be empowered by our aspirations not burdened by our fears. ...
Think of the marvels we can achieve if we simply set free the dreams of our people, cures to illnesses that have always plagued us are not too much to hope. ...

My budget will also increase funding for our veterans. Our veterans have delivered for this nation and now we must deliver for them. The challenges we face as a nation are great, but our people are even greater and none are greater or braver than those who fight for American in uniform. ...

By finally enforcing our immigration laws, we will raise wages, help the unemployed, save billions of dollars and make our communities safer for everyone. ...

Education is the civil rights issue of our time. ...

Tonight I’m also calling on this Congress to repeal and replace Obamacare with reforms that expand choice, increase access, lower costs and at the same time provide better health care."

Quote from: TigerLily on February 28, 2017, 06:07:51 PM
Wow. And the hits keep coming. Who knew Dubya would be the smart one?

Asked pointedly if he favored or opposed the policy, Bush said, "I am for an immigration policy that is welcoming and upholds the law."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Gdvmjamzk

Liberals are now championing the words of a war criminal, and literally the worst President ever simply because it fits their narrative?

Also funny you would use this quote "I am for an immigration policy that is welcoming and upholds the law."

We do have that. 

You can legally immigrate here, our immigration policy is pretty welcoming and accommodating.  We also have laws against illegal immigration which every civilized society has and if we want to "uphold the law", then we need to allow and support deportations of people who are here illegally.