• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell quits Bellgab

Started by Art_s Farts, December 19, 2015, 07:11:36 PM

ponyboysunset

Well according to some people we destroyed humanity as well. (Shrugs)

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2015, 11:51:27 AM
So is it his fault or the fault of the people posting the shit?  Who is responsible for their content?

No one is at fault. At this point, both are responsible. I don't think one party can claim innocence or guilt. Barring Art's stalker is a confirmed BellGabber; remember, Art continued to change information regarding his 'status'. Being challenged on that particular issue is completely valid in my eyes. Also, this is the internet! People are going to post stupid shit. Taking your ball and going home makes you look weak minded, and emotionally fragile. < "Fra-gee-lay" lulz @ Christmas story.  :)

As much as I respect Art, I'm not going to waste my own time being guilt tripped by him.

DanTSX

Quote from: rekcuf on December 21, 2015, 12:19:29 PM
No one is at fault. At this point, both are responsible. I don't think one party can claim innocence or guilt. Barring Art's stalker is a confirmed BellGabber; remember, Art continued to change information regarding his 'status'. Being challenged on that particular issue is completely valid in my eyes. Also, this is the internet! People are going to post stupid shit. Taking your ball and going home makes you look weak minded, and emotionally fragile. < "Fra-gee-lay" lulz @ Christmas story.  :)

So one but both?

Good thing your not a lawyer (or maybe you should be)

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2015, 12:38:15 PM
So one but both?

Good thing your not a lawyer (or maybe you should be)

Art has angency over his own actions, correct? He had to quit? All other options exhausted?

Good for him. What an ugly place this has become.

Philosopher

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on December 21, 2015, 01:05:41 PM

Hi leaving was just a coincidence.

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on December 21, 2015, 01:05:41 PM

Are you going to follow his lead?

paladin1991

Quote from: Soylentblue on December 21, 2015, 10:38:53 AM
Bell is a serial quitter. He is also a serial returner.

Art has  history. This isn't the first time he has done it and it most certainly won't be his last.

Bell will return to this website, (I bet he is lurking, cause his ego will not allow him to leave it alone) and Bell will return to the airwaves in one form or another.

Guaranteed!

Well, ART brought me to Bellgab because I was looking to see what happened to my broadcaster several years after he quit Coast to Coast.
I stayed because of the like minded, before the infestation of trolls. 
When ART showed up, it was cool, bros.  Cool.
Now ART has quit to save his family, I can respect that. 
Then ART makes Alpha Male statements and what, a couple of hours later?  Beta male antics because the trolls are mean. 

What ART needs to do is grab a cup of joe, a smoke and take a long serious shit to get it out of his system.  Then, with a clear head, as the bullshit swirls around him, he can pick out his targets with a cold, calculating and determined eye.

https://youtu.be/YlOxiwGLAkY

paladin1991

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 21, 2015, 11:06:50 AM
IB made it, I just stole it and decided to use it. And being gay myself it was just an added bonus. Heh.

Wait.  You're gay?  I thought we were Lesbians.  Not cool kid, switching sides like that.  How can I quit you?

paladin1991

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2015, 11:37:41 AM
I don't blame him.

So many of his "fans" here have been nothing but ungrateful, selfish, childish,  shitheads over the past two weeks.  Of course there are plenty of appreciative fans, but holy shit a lot of you guys have problems.  The leading strategy seems to insult Art back into broadcasting.  Great plan, psychos.

Fucking Beta male bitches. 

Wintermute

Causality:

**Art returns because of something. Either his ego, or having a calling, or because he saw a market for his content starting with this site.

** Art leaves because of something. Either his ego is bruised by something, or because he has a legit safety issue, or because it's just too much darn work for the profit he makes.

** Fans get p!ssed because of something. Either Art Bell quitting for the 8th time, or getting an amateur replacement, or the whole thing being handled like a g0d-d@mned circus.

** Revolt on both sides because of something. Either fan's feelings were hurt so they lashed out, or Art's ego couldn't handle a little trolling and he lashed out, or Midnight Amateur Hour was like putting gas on a flame.

These things do not happen in a vacuum. Pointing fingers doesn't matter. It's all very, very "Art Bell-ish" though.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 21, 2015, 01:17:00 PM
Wait.  You're gay?  I thought we were Lesbians.  Not cool kid, switching sides like that.  How can I quit you?
My Dearest Paladin,
Gay can be used to describe someone of either gender. Although technically I'm bi. I mean didn't you see? White Crow outed me earlier today. That bastard!

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 21, 2015, 01:17:49 PM
Fucking Beta male bitches.

Anyone whom allows internet posts to control their actions in life; are weak minded.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Wintermute on December 21, 2015, 01:22:11 PM
Causality:

**Art returns because of something. Either his ego, or having a calling, or because he saw a market for his content starting with this site.

** Art leaves because of something. Either his ego is bruised by something, or because he has a legit safety issue, or because it's just too much darn work for the profit he makes.

** Fans get p!ssed because of something. Either Art Bell quitting for the 8th time, or getting an amateur replacement, or the whole thing being handled like a g0d-d@mned circus.

** Revolt on both sides because of something. Either fan's feelings were hurt so they lashed out, or Art's ego couldn't handle a little trolling and he lashed out, or Midnight Amateur Hour was like putting gas on a flame.

These things do not happen in a vacuum. Pointing fingers doesn't matter. It's all very, very "Art Bell-ish" though.
This is brilliant and very very accurate :)

paladin1991

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 21, 2015, 01:24:01 PM
My Dearest Paladin,
Gay can be used to describe someone of either gender. Although technically I'm bi. I mean didn't you see? White Crow outed me earlier today. That bastard!
That bastard!

ziznak

Quote from: rekcuf on December 21, 2015, 12:19:29 PM
"Fra-Gee-lay" it's italian!!!

Barfly

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 21, 2015, 01:24:46 PM
This is brilliant and very very accurate :)
Where are the Tat pics girl?

DesertFox

Quote from: rekcuf on December 21, 2015, 01:24:14 PM
Anyone whom allows internet posts to control their actions in life; are weak minded.

Or if someone says I don't need this shit(and insults) and says I'm gone...you could say that is smart.

Just Me

Was it something I said.................... ::)

Dr Who

Anyone who quits a forum were some ass holes are continually insulting you is filled with common sense in my opinion.

Quote from: DesertFox on December 21, 2015, 03:15:06 PM

Or if someone says I don't need this shit(and insults) and says I'm gone...you could say that is smart.

If he hadn't posted an hour before saying: "he could handle it."

onan

Quote from: rekcuf on December 21, 2015, 04:42:46 PM

Maybe that is how he handles it.

DesertFox

Quote from: rekcuf on December 21, 2015, 04:42:46 PM

Well he found a way to handle it--problem solved.

Quote from: Dr Who on December 21, 2015, 04:27:45 PM
Anyone who quits a forum were some ass holes are continually insulting you is filled with common sense in my opinion.

I agree.

However, Art, continued to add more information. There's nothing wrong with that, but some of his posts were contradictory. Expecting not to receive confused, angry, pissed off posts... How smart is that? He is not a victim of BellGab. At least I'm not affording him that status. That's just my opinion.

CRM 114

I am a public figure in my field , and have been one for nearly 30 years and there are some basic guidelines one must follow to remain sane and not damage your career:

1. Never mix your personal life with your public life. EVER.

2. Craft the public persona and be consistent with it always.

3. Never go negative. Problems can always become solutions ...'spin'

4. Realize that the fans come first whenever you are in the public role. No fans. unhappy fans...no career..no money.

5. leave the public persona at the door when you go home.

Art Bell, while being a true artist and genius has consistently violated these rules. It's unfortunate because he is a unique performer unlikely to be matched again.

The great tragedy is he was on the cusp of being a complete Auteur in his field of artistry. Historical, a role model for future entertainment of this type...something not seen since the days of Chaplin or perhaps Kubrick..Wagner.. an iconoclast that took on the system and created one of his own and beat the Man...to me that is the saddest result.

Ciardelo

That's why the show is called "Heather at the Handle"