• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell free live stream

Started by Morgus, September 13, 2013, 06:24:02 PM

onan

Quote from: El Bee on September 15, 2013, 11:50:57 AM
You just got your ads handed to you onan. Go ahead, answer my question. What would you do if you lived outside north America ? The vpn suggestions don't work. As you I can't sign up without a usa postal address.

Go on, tell us, you would listen to the live stream.

Where did you see me say not to listen? You didn't. I said it is illegal, expect some criticism. You as usual made one of several irrational statements about pissing and Sirius.

If you could read you would have seen I have a stream set up.

I do have a similar problem though. I love the show the Misfits on 4oD (I think). I have to wait until it is available.

elbee

Well, Since you are not required to have a postal address to sign up with 4OD, you could use an IP switcher - there are plenty on the pirate bay, or you could pay for one - and watch that way.

Its no comparison. You were aiming your criticisms at me and several others who you think are just too damn cheap to pay up. When that is not the case

onan

Quote from: El Bee on September 15, 2013, 12:18:13 PM
Well, Since you are not required to have a postal address to sign up with 4OD, you could use an IP switcher - there are plenty on the pirate bay, or you could pay for one - and watch that way.

Its no comparison. You were aiming your criticisms at me and several others who you think are just too damn cheap to pay up. When that is not the case

Now you are delusional. I never did any such thing. My only complaint was towards Ipokesmot for pulling members off this forum. I then suggested it might be a tos violation depending on how you interpret the rules. Then the thread was changed to only have MV's position clearly explained. Which Ipokesmot still didn't seem to understand.

Then another poster made a criticism about listening to an illegal stream. Which was on target although by some standards... caustic. I pointed out his criticism was valid. And was accused of being holier than thou due to claiming some amount of lazy thought.

I have not made one statement about anyone's lack of ability to obtain a subscription to SiriusXM at anytime. That, dear sir is your guilty conscience rearing up.

Sardondi

Quote from: widespread1 on September 15, 2013, 11:02:49 AM
I'll add to the tales of shoddy treatment and the ridiculous "jump through hoops" cancellation procedures...
These stories have made up my mind: I'm not signing up because of Sirius's policy of using shyster tactics to make cancellation difficult.

But neither am I going to try to listen "free", aka steal a signal for which I haven't paid to have access. 

Ravenna

Quote from: Sardondi on September 15, 2013, 12:43:28 PM
These stories have made up my mind: I'm not signing up because of Sirius's policy of using shyster tactics to make cancellation difficult.

But neither am I going to try to listen "free", aka steal a signal for which I haven't paid to have access.

I signed up for Sirius on Friday night.  Used their free trial link where no credit card is required.  Since they don't have my credit card number, I can't see how they can make cancellation "difficult."  After my 30 days, I will just have to subscribe then USING a credit card.  If I decide to cancel and they make it difficult, I just inform my bank (who issued me my ATM/Visa card) and they will reverse any charge that Sirius has made to me that I didn't authorize.  I've done this with other subscription services that I've subscribed to, who kept charging me after I decided to cancel and had informed them of same over the phone.  Once the bank reverses the charge, Sirius would then not wish to have me as a customer anymore, I'm sure.

Btw, don't we all fully suspect that torrent sites will have audio available of Art's new show?  Maybe not live, no, but you could listen the next day which is almost as good.  I've already heard of someone who is planning to record the shows and provide a link to listen to them the next day. 

lonevoice

Have any of the not-in-North-America scorned tried the link Morgus posted in the GNS thread?

Quote from: Morgus
I just tried the free 30day Sirius/XM trial deal with no credit card:
http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial

Works perfectly, all you enter is a first+last name (could be an alias) plus a zipcode and any valid email address.
You get a trial password sent to the email address and you use the email address as your user name.
Then you can go to the main www.siriusxm.com webpage and click on "Listen Online" in the upper right of the page to
bring up the PC Sirius internet player app in a new window.

The problem for would-be international listeners is that Sirius relies on credit card payments for their income.  A lot of companies much bigger than Sirius can't process credit cards from outside of North America. 

Since the above link doesn't ask for a credit card, I'm thinking as long as you put in a USA zipcode you might be okay, at least for the first 30 days.   Others in the thread have indicated they'll try using the link to sign up for another 30 days with a different email address when the trial expires. 

For those inside N America, as long as you have internet access you can sign up with the above link without a credit card or worrying about Sirius charging you anything at the end of the 30 day trial.  It's FREE.  There's no equipment to buy and no monthly charge incurred.  FREE is a pretty good price.  (FWIW, a lot of companies that rely on monthly subscribers are notorious for making it a PITA to cancel a subscription.  I've recently called both Verizon and Comcast to downgrade my subscription bundles.  Both of them were totally obnoxious to deal with...half hour wait times on the phone and trying hard-sell pressure tactics to keep me from downgrading.  Sirius doesn't have the market cornered on those tactics.)

shell88

I've ordered and cancelled sirius subscriptions several times without a problem. I sometimes work in remote areas and haul my radio in and out of them. They have never over charged me for anything.

onan

Quote from: Ravenna on September 15, 2013, 01:21:47 PM
I signed up for Sirius on Friday night.  Used their free trial link where no credit card is required.  Since they don't have my credit card number, I can't see how they can make cancellation "difficult."  After my 30 days, I will just have to subscribe then USING a credit card.  If I decide to cancel and they make it difficult, I just inform my bank (who issued me my ATM/Visa card) and they will reverse any charge that Sirius has made to me that I didn't authorize.  I've done this with other subscription services that I've subscribed to, who kept charging me after I decided to cancel and had informed them of same over the phone.  Once the bank reverses the charge, Sirius would then not wish to have me as a customer anymore, I'm sure.

Btw, don't we all fully suspect that torrent sites will have audio available of Art's new show?  Maybe not live, no, but you could listen the next day which is almost as good.  I've already heard of someone who is planning to record the shows and provide a link to listen to them the next day.

I have found some banks are quite willing to intervene with problems with subscriptions and others not so much. the bank I use now is quite helpful anytime I ask for help.

I don't know about torrent sites. I hope you are right but TPB for the most part has several files listed but few of those links have current seeds.

Ravenna

Quote from: onan on September 15, 2013, 01:28:10 PM
I have found some banks are quite willing to intervene with problems with subscriptions and others not so much. the banks I use now is quite helpful anytime I ask for help.

I don't know about torrent sites. I hope you are right but TPB for the most part has several files listed but few of those links have current seeds.

It does probably depend on your bank.  Mine is Bank of America and while I know a lot of people think they're a "bad bank," they've been nothing but helpful to me when I've wanted to reverse a charge for an online subscription service when I've declared, truthfully, that I had cancelled and the service continued to charge me.  However, I don't know if that would prevent Sirius from going after me still by a collection agency.  That does worry me somewhat.  But if I can get some cut-rate deal that ends up being something like $8 a month, it's not going to be a serious issue.  I can afford $8 a month; even $15 a month but I'd rather not as that would take more self-discipline carving that $15 out of my somewhat tight budget.

Sardondi

Quote from: Ravenna on September 15, 2013, 01:21:47 PM

What?! A non-credit card 30-day trial? That's a horse of a different color!

Could you link that?

Ravenna

Quote from: Sardondi on September 15, 2013, 02:06:24 PM
What?! A non-credit card 30-day trial? That's a horse of a different color!

Could you link that?

It's very easy.  No credit card required, and barely any personal info required. 

Ravenna

Quote from: shell88 on September 15, 2013, 01:27:06 PM
I've ordered and cancelled sirius subscriptions several times without a problem. I sometimes work in remote areas and haul my radio in and out of them. They have never over charged me for anything.

This is comforting to hear.

Ravenna

Quote from: lonevoice on September 15, 2013, 01:25:19 PM
Have any of the not-in-North-America scorned tried ....

That bit about the "not-in-North-America scorned" made me giggle.  (Sorry you not-in-North-Americans, you poor dears.  Frankly, though, be happy you're not:  other than Canada, we've got our problems, although being able to listen to Art Bell live easily is not one of them; at least for 30 days it isn't).

Sardondi

Heh. Thanks to Ravenna's helpful post, I've already hooked up for 30 days. And without giving them anything but my email address and permission to bombard me with ads. I'm already listening to The Boss and I can't wait to explore.

I'm gonna listen to Art Monday night after all!

Quote from: onan on September 15, 2013, 02:10:25 PM
Wizard Of Oz Horse
Exactly what I heard (and saw) in my head when I typed it!

Ravenna

Quote from: Sardondi on September 15, 2013, 02:34:02 PM
Heh. Thanks to Ravenna's helpful post, I've already hooked up for 30 days. And without giving them anything but my email address and permission to bombard me with ads. I'm already listening to The Boss and I can't wait to explore.

I'm gonna listen to Art Monday night after all!
Exactly what I heard (and saw) in my head when I typed it!

I am SO glad to hear this.  I really want to hear your impressions of what you think of how Art is sounding in the first shows, as you're one of the members on this board whose opinions I take heed in.  (I don't think Gnoory was him, either; more likely Tommy.  And SciFiAuthor was an operative, I think:  there to carefully manipulate the conversational flow).

Sardondi

Quote from: Ravenna on September 15, 2013, 02:45:39 PM
I am SO glad to hear this.  I really want to hear your impressions of what you think of how Art is sounding in the first shows, as you're one of the members on this board whose opinions I take heed in.  (I don't think Gnoory was him, either; more likely Tommy.  And SciFiAuthor was an operative, I think:  there to carefully manipulate the conversational flow).
I tell you, I'm sort of isolated on that GNoory thing. While I certainly appreciate the support, and am gratified to know I'm not absolutely alone, you should know that this is a very small minority position. Most folks are either pissed off at my insistence and wish I would shut up, or just think I'm a loon and ignore me entirely. So, fair warning! And thanks for the tip. I can't believe that withing a minute of reading your post I was listening to Sirius. What a world.

Ravenna

Quote from: Sardondi on September 15, 2013, 02:56:19 PM
I tell you, I'm sort of isolated on that GNoory thing. While I certainly appreciate the support, and am gratified to know I'm not absolutely alone, you should know that this is a very small minority position. Most folks are either pissed off at my insistence and wish I would shut up, or just think I'm a loon and ignore me entirely. So, fair warning! And thanks for the tip. I can't believe that withing a minute of reading your post I was listening to Sirius. What a world.

Well, I know it would be far more exciting if Gnoory was really George, I just doubt it.  We could be wrong, though, "I guess."

Did you have any trouble finding Art's show on the Sirius menu?  I sort of did, but I finally found it under "Shows/On Demand" and saved it to my favorites. 

I'm starting to get really excited about hearing Art live again tomorrow night.  Actually have butterflies in my stomach over it!  It's going to be fun to come on here and see what everyone has to say about it.  I hope we don't end up crashing the website.

The General

I just signed up for Sirius.
Free 30 day trial, internet only.

So far, not super impressed with the music channels.  There's the obligatory oldies stations, but I was really hoping for a more specialized selection... for example, instead of just having a 60's station, I hoped to find several.  If I ran it there would be way less pop/top 40 and there would be more variety within genres.  Think about all the variety that could be put into just the category of 60's music... there's psychedelic 60's, sixties soul, rare oldies and b-sides,  british invasion, surf instrumentals, etc etc... If I just wanted another oldies station, I'd just stick with terrestrial radio.  Same old shit, less commercials. 

But, I signed up only for Art.  The other content is just cake icing.

onan

Quote from: The General on September 15, 2013, 03:20:50 PM
I just signed up for Sirius.
Free 30 day trial, internet only.

So far, not super impressed with the music channels.  There's the obligatory oldies stations, but I was really hoping for a more specialized selection... for example, instead of just having a 60's station, I hoped to find several.  If I ran it there would be way less pop/top 40 and there would be more variety within genres.  Think about all the variety that could be put into just the category of 60's music... there's psychedelic 60's, sixties soul, rare oldies and b-sides,  british invasion, surf instrumentals, etc etc... If I just wanted another oldies station, I'd just stick with terrestrial radio.  Same old shit, less commercials. 

But, I signed up only for Art.  The other content is just cake icing.

Many of the stations change their format. Two weeks ago there was a big band and a broadway channel. Not there now. Honestly I find the selection rather slim as well. I have mostly listened to blue collar, Carlin, and unfortunately 104. Tomorrow I will have a much higher opinion of 104. But up till then the channel sucks. It is god awful radio. Covino and Rich, Pete Dominich (not even sure the last name is close) and Jay Thomas. God they all suck. Black hole suck.

But some of the music channels keep me entertained on my drive home.

All that said, I have better options for listening than my wife does in her car. I don't miss the radio fade while travelling. Granted that is a small percentage of usage but it is something I like.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Ravenna on September 15, 2013, 02:07:54 PM

It's very easy.  No credit card required, and barely any personal info required.

Thanks a million for the link!

lonevoice

Quote from: Sardondi on September 15, 2013, 02:56:19 PM
Most folks are either pissed off at my insistence and wish I would shut up, or just think I'm a loon and ignore me entirely. So, fair warning! And thanks for the tip. I can't believe that withing a minute of reading your post I was listening to Sirius. What a world.
Re: the ignore thing, it does make one wonder at times, doesn't it?  I posted the free trial without credit card link a half-hour earlier on this same thread.  I think some people have had me on ignore ever since the whole dolphin-humping gif thing.   ;D

Renaldo

Quote from: scottydawg on September 15, 2013, 10:44:33 AM
Well sorry if I sounded sanctimonious before but here's my background in it. 

Scottydawg, I actually agree with what you're saying, I just really didn't like how it was said. Holier than thou fucks always bring out the inner asshole in me. Let's just get back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

Renaldo

Quote from: onan on September 15, 2013, 11:00:43 AM

What is the point? the law is the law. obviously you don't like it. So it is ok to not follow that law. OK I get that. I do. But being called on it isn't holier than thou. And I think you know that. Criticism is hardly ever a fun thing.

That you or anyone deflects honest criticism because you don't like being told no is dishonest. That is your choice. And not recognizing your lack of responsibility makes you lazy in your thought.

To be more honest than I want, I too have a stream. I am offering it to some that have expained their difficulty. What I didn't do was in any way take away from the purpose of this forum. That doesn't make me holier than thou, but it does keep me loyal to someone that has become a friend. To someone that has taken a great deal of time, energy and cash to provide something you and I both use.

So if you still consider me holier than thou that is your choice. I will also say, that for the most part I enjoy your posts. I doubt that will change. But if you are doing something wrong, well it is that simple. As I said earlier we all, at some time, do the wrong thing... and sometimes we do it a lot.

Onan, I actually agree with you on most everything you've said here. I agree that running a chat room off the board is a slap to MV. I'm not disagreeing or arguing any of that. If you go and look, not once have I said that I plan to listen for free, that I'm not paying, etc. You'll find that I said I was buying a subscription, and that I was all for people doing streams because I'll probably have to use one at some point. I don't think I ever editorialized or justified my thoughts or actions here to you or anyone else. Mainly, because I'm an adult and do not have to.

Yep, listening to a bootleg stream even if you're paying Sirius to listen on a different device or method is illegal under the DMCA. If someone disagrees with that, they need to consult a lawyer or read the DMCA.

I don't think I've deflected any criticism for being told no. As I mentioned above, I am an adult and do not have to seek permission or validation from anyone on this message board for my actions. In otherwords, there's nobody here with the power to tell me no.

Also, you are now accusing me of a lack of responsibility, which I'm really unclear about here so all I'm going to say is, WTF? What is this responsibility or duty that you think I've been shirking? I think you may have me confused with some other posters on here, and am willing to leave it at that.

I consider you holier than thou for the simple, sweepingly general statement of saying everyone who disagrees with you is lazy in their thoughts. Who are you to judge this? Do you know all of our thoughts, potential, situations, and morals? Because to even consider criticizing anyone's thought process, you have to start there. And as I've danced around above, you seem to have read about 60% of What I actually said in my post. So, yes I do take umbrage with you or anyone making an accusation of lazy thought against me or anyone else.

That type of accusation is condescending and only serves to to belittle and shut down the accused person. I don't care what you have to say, because you have lazy thought. I don't care what you have to say, because it's painfully obvious that you're not nearly as thoughtful as I am. Yes, a holier than thou fuck.

Like I've said, I agree with your points about a chat room, and that there's legal and illegal, no doctor's note will get you out of something. I don't even care that you're running an illegal stream yourself, for whatever reason. I agree with all of your points actually. I just don't agree with your ability to tell anyone they are lazy thinkers. The reason I consider you a holier than thou fuck in this thread (and let me be clear, I'm talking about this thread, this point, not life in general or this forum even) is that you have no ability and no right to make that judgement on anyone, just because you disagree with them. And I fully own that I am being a caustic asshole about this. If you want to say specifically what it is you think I'm "doing wrong," what part of my thought process you believe to be lazy, and where I'm not taking any responsibility where you think I should be, please do. Either here, or in a PM.

But until you're willing to offer specifics to me or anybody about responsibility, lazy thinking and value judgements, watch what general accusations you throw out willynilly.

williedee

hey ya'll, i'm going to be *attempting* to live-stream tonight as a test... http://willstare.com:8950

ya

try tuning in right now, i'm streaming indy 104 from sirius right now... need some testers

Renaldo

Quote from: williedee on September 15, 2013, 06:43:33 PM
hey ya'll, i'm going to be *attempting* to live-stream tonight as a test... http://willstare.com:8950

ya

try tuning in right now, i'm streaming indy 104 from sirius right now... need some testers

I clicked on the LISTEN link at the top, winamp popped up and I'm hearing commercials for SiriusXM.

indigoo

Quote from: shell88 on September 15, 2013, 01:27:06 PM

Same here.

williedee

Quote from: Renaldo on September 15, 2013, 07:01:07 PM
I clicked on the LISTEN link at the top, winamp popped up and I'm hearing commercials for SiriusXM.

must be working  :P

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: El Bee on September 15, 2013, 11:50:57 AM
You arrogant fuck!
just so you know, this type of interaction with other users is not allowed on this forum. you seem to have required a lot of babysitting recently. i have no idea what's so hard to understand about this.

awguy

Quote from: Renaldo on September 13, 2013, 07:39:03 PM
Shoutcast would be great. I've got Roku players running it to listen to old shows.

I've played around with shoutcast a bit in the past. I am seriously considering setting up a stream for the show this Monday night ONLY, because it's such a big night.

But it sounds like others may already be doing this. I'll be waiting for those links to be posted but if nothing transpires, I'll try firing up my shoutcast stream and post the link right here about a half hour before show time.