• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

It really annoys me when this site goes down

/Rantover

Oh, good. It wasn't just me.    ;)
Glad it's back.

Eddie Coyle

(1) The phrase "I wouldn't wish that on my enemy". What's the point of having enemies, if you can't/won't wish horrible things upon them.

(2) The daily double of retardation. I saw a Caucasoid male, well over 30 years of age...wearing a replica pro football jersey(even worse, a Michael Vick Falcons shirt) while wearing battle fatigue pants. Double the douchiness. Hmm, do I pretend to be a black football player first, then play Army guy? Or play army guy first?

McPhallus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 13, 2013, 05:20:16 PM

(1) The phrase "I wouldn't wish that on my enemy". What's the point of having enemies, if you can't/won't wish horrible things upon them.

(2) The daily double of retardation. I saw a Caucasoid male, well over 30 years of age...wearing a replica pro football jersey(even worse, a Michael Vick Falcons shirt) while wearing battle fatigue pants. Double the douchiness. Hmm, do I pretend to be a black football player first, then play Army guy? Or play army guy first?

Anyone wearing pro-Michael Vick attire needs to be psychologically evaluated, then jailed and/or fined.

BobGrau

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 13, 2013, 05:20:16 PM

I thought you had to wear about six feet of faggy armour under football shirts anyway?  :P

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on January 13, 2013, 05:43:49 PM
Anyone wearing pro-Michael Vick attire needs to be psychologically evaluated, then jailed and/or fined.
And then killed in the fashion that Vick and his "boyz" killed those dogs.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: BobGrau on January 13, 2013, 05:50:40 PM

I thought you had to wear about six feet of faggy armour under football shirts anyway?  :P

Good point. The meatheads who wear replica football shirts would definitely stocked up on "under armour" or whatever it's called. The inhabitants of the land of make believe. They probably play Guitar Hero as well.

I've had enough of the Ray Lewis worship. 

yodaterrell

I have always despised commercials.  Nothing appeals to me.  I don't fit into a general demographic.  It seems like companies are trying to manipulate me.  Annoy is not a strong of enough word for what I feel about commercials.  But I know there has to be commercials on cable television.  That is why I use Netflix and Youtube a lot more than I watch cable.  I know youtube has ads.  But at least its just one every so many videos.  The only time I watch cable is during a special event, or sports.  Ever since I became a Netflix subscriber, when I watch cable, commercials seem to annoy me even more than they used to.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 13, 2013, 07:50:16 PM

Whenever they praise Ray Lewis I unfortunately think about Junior Seau and Mike Singletary and hope he doesnt develop brain damage.

McPhallus

Quote from: yodaterrell on January 13, 2013, 10:09:30 PM
I have always despised commercials.  Nothing appeals to me.  I don't fit into a general demographic.  It seems like companies are trying to manipulate me.  Annoy is not a strong of enough word for what I feel about commercials.  But I know there has to be commercials on cable television.  That is why I use Netflix and Youtube a lot more than I watch cable.  I know youtube has ads.  But at least its just one every so many videos.  The only time I watch cable is during a special event, or sports.  Ever since I became a Netflix subscriber, when I watch cable, commercials seem to annoy me even more than they used to.

Ever since the mid-90s or so, when my dad exposed me to a lot of talk radio, I've hated the ads on that particular medium.  It seems to me they're done by second-rate hacks who weren't cut out to do TV ads.  Especially awful are those tax attorney ads on KSFO, where they first try to scare the fuck out of you, then the shyster lawyer comes on and tells you about special deals you can get with the IRS.  Cocksucker.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on January 15, 2013, 05:17:22 PM
  Especially awful are those tax attorney ads on KSFO, where they first try to scare the fuck out of you, then the shyster lawyer comes on and tells you about special deals you can get with the IRS.  Cocksucker.
What drives me crazy(a short drive, anyway) is when they claim "we're staffed by EX-IRS agents, who know the ins and outs and are here to help you"

Ok, they were scumbags once upon a time, but you can trust them now. You gotta be shittin' me. Why exactly are they former IRS to begin with? I doubt they woke up with clean consciences...more like fuckoffs with a grudge. Once a rat...

HorrorRetro

Quote from: BobGrau on January 11, 2013, 06:20:43 PM
So now I've got the flu. Thanks, irony.

Hope you feel better soon.  I promise to never post about a health malady again.  :-[   Just glad to be up and in the land of the living again.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 15, 2013, 07:51:35 PM
Hope you feel better soon.  I promise to never post about a health malady again.  :-[   Just glad to be up and in the land of the living again.
Welcome back.  I enjoyed my "walk in the park" also. 
I'm just amazed I'm able to sit upright for more than 15 minutes.   ;)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 13, 2013, 07:50:16 PM
But it's such a touching story of redemption and his becoming a humble servant for the Lord. His humility is awe inspiring. ;)

That aside...I see the Ravens pulling a 23-21 upset at Foxboro sunday night. Wind chill is supposed to be about 15 degrees at game time.

It annoys me when MV, the guy who runs the board, asks us to buy a pay app for the board and then hours later dumps the pay app.

I bought it, did you?

McPhallus

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 16, 2013, 06:48:39 PM
It annoys me when MV, the guy who runs the board, asks us to buy a pay app for the board and then hours later dumps the pay app.

I bought it, did you?

D'oh!  A while back, MV was shitting on the app and said it wasn't worth messing with.  I never liked the way it would always pop up when I went to a site.  Then I looked at the screenshots and went, "meh."

On mobile devices, I prefer the full versions of sites rather than specialized apps.

Crapatalk is used by many different forums, so I'm sure you can get some use out of it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 16, 2013, 06:48:39 PM

Eddie Coyle

The only Americans who should be in Algeria are Black Panthers in exile who skyjacked their way there circa 1970.

All others...I don't understand.

The General

It annoys me when people write 'defiantly' when they mean 'definitely.'

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 16, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

The only Americans who should be in Algeria are Black Panthers in exile who skyjacked their way there circa 1970.

All others...I don't understand.

Oil and Gas... Western engineers are the best in the world, Middle Eastern/ North African countries are well aware of that, and pay top dollar for the expertise. Oh, and the salaries are tax free!

b_dubb

how eagerly America seems to embrace the mediocre. Noory being the most obvious example of this

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 17, 2013, 02:07:17 AM

Oil and Gas... Western engineers are the best in the world, Middle Eastern/ North African countries are well aware of that, and pay top dollar for the expertise. Oh, and the salaries are tax free!
I understand that, but the risks outweigh any financial gains as far as I'm concerned. Especially since every Westerner in a hellhole like Algeria is probably going to be suspected of being DGSE or CIA, especially since 1992 when that sandy stretch of Hell somehow managed to get worse.

Quote from: MV on January 16, 2013, 07:36:43 PM

Yes, you did do that MV.  No big deal, just my trying to make it work made the irony of you pulling it kind of pathetically sad but hot unhappy.  Like my avatar.

ziznak

Ah dude you should have looked around for more user reviews... even on this site tapatalk had poo all over it even before M decided to wipe it off and give it another go...

now look... you've wasted what 3 bux and tapatalk has again been pooped on.

Yo M do you know when that wedge software is going to be test worthy?

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 16, 2013, 03:14:17 PM
      But it's such a touching story of redemption and his becoming a humble servant for the Lord. His humility is awe inspiring. ;)

That aside...I see the Ravens pulling a 23-21 upset at Foxboro sunday night. Wind chill is supposed to be about 15 degrees at game time.

I'm not sure what's the most obnoxious part of the Ray Lewis saga this year, probably the pre and post game dancing - if that's what it's called.  Just awful, the guy has zero moves.  Which means his next stop will be Dancing with the Stars. 

Then there's Peyton Manning (one of the '2 brothers in the NFL' from an Ian Punnett skit of the same name).  Really glad both Manning teams are out, I just get tired of the handful of players that are so overexposed during the year on the sports shows.

Peyton and Ray and 2 garbage cans:

[attachimg=1]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 17, 2013, 03:22:42 AM
Yes, you did do that MV.  No big deal, just my trying to make it work made the irony of you pulling it kind of pathetically sad but hot unhappy.  Like my avatar.

It actually does annoy me that the developer of Tapatalk got your $3. I think he's a money chiseling 3rd world twat and his software blows goat.