• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 10, 2013, 09:43:20 PM
HOAGLAND IS AT IT AGAIN:

Quote from an interview with some Australian guy on a website:

HOAGLAND: "The night that was his final show where he refused to go on unless sirius acceeded to some reasonable terms to get his audience back, of all the things that happened is they played my show with art again. So I called him up and said 'what the hell is this' and art said 'i had nothing to do with it. the ceo of sirius picked that show.' MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL."

It means the answer to this whole situation is hyperdimensional physics

SciFiAuthor

Hoagland did ok explaining it until he went crazy with the self-promotion. He sounded like he was tired though.

Derpspiracy

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 10, 2013, 09:43:20 PM
HOAGLAND IS AT IT AGAIN:

I'm listening to this right now, too. I kind of sort of love Hoagland, mainly because he reminds me of some crazy old man that my dad would be friends with or something.

But, man. He's really Hoagling it up in this interview.

HaveAccess

Saucy Rossy

I deeply respect your work...
Contact was exceptional

But.....Im nobodys twin

SaucyRossy

Quote from: dortmunder on November 10, 2013, 09:44:10 PM
That Hoagland bit does put a whole new perspective on this. Might the first time I've heard him sound halfway reasonable. I'm beginning to feel more and more that it was actually Sirius that screwed the pooch here.

Yup, he sounds super reasonable and sane, must be that he was doing this interview late at night haha

tertiaryimam

That Hoagland bit does put a whole new perspective on this. Might the first time I've heard him sound halfway reasonable. I'm beginning to feel more and more that it was actually Sirius that screwed the pooch here.

I couldn't agree more, Dortmunder.

On a side note, I think Hoagland could have done some great things with his life if he didn't have the Don Quixote complex.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: HaveAccess on November 10, 2013, 09:46:34 PM
Saucy Rossy

I deeply respect your work...
Contact was exceptional

But.....Im nobodys twin

Many thanks! I was just kidding, glad you enjoyed the trailers.

Nazi suspension bridges on the rings of saturn.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2013, 09:45:13 PM
I think you have your nationality of your posters mixed up. I'm the Aussie. Meanandnasty likes My Little Pony. :)

No matter who rides the pony, you were Art's Horseman of the Apocalypse.

;)

AppealPlay

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 10, 2013, 09:48:48 PM
Nazi suspension bridges on the rings of saturn.

ITS SO CLEAR WHY DONT YOU SEE IT JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND BE INTELLECTUALLY HONEST CYDONIA MARS FACES GLASS DOMES

BobGrau

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 10, 2013, 09:45:18 PM
...In fact, a little humble contrition on your part might go a long way.

Call yerself a Morrisey fan?

sherry440

Quote from: maren on November 10, 2013, 09:35:46 PM
I don't get those who don't get Art honoring the NC.  Isn't that a legal agreement?  If he just popped up elsewhere and began a new show, wouldn't he get sued?   I'd guess if there's a legal way out of it he's pursuing that option.

Once again, Maren...the voice of reason. Those NC in the entertainment business are standard and you really have to observe them. Sirius would just point out what many of us have: a lot of people had no issues at all with the player. Mine worked fine, if it timed out I just touched the iPad, no big deal. You can't legally go up against Sirius and expect to win.

maren

Quote from: Meanandnasty on November 10, 2013, 09:19:49 PM
Having worked in corporate, first this is a holiday weekend.  Many people started the holiday on Thursday.  Nothing is going to be decided until late Tuesday at the earliest.

Secondly, this is not a decision that is unilateral.  I am sure there are many meetings going on about this.  Legal, programming, customer service and technical are all involved in this project.  It does not surprise me that a decision has not been reached.  This is a unorthodox request and corporate America is just not real creative at times.

Be patient.  I think it will all work out with Mr. Bell, if he wants to return to the airways.

Everything you say may be accurate, but they should have the courtesy to let Art know the status of their process, or if it's a done deal.

Falkie2013

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 10, 2013, 09:49:41 PM
ITS SO CLEAR WHY DONT YOU SEE IT JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND BE INTELLECTUALLY HONEST CYDONIA MARS FACES GLASS DOMES

" Hardly a man is now alive, who took the rings doing 65,000,000 kps. "

Hoagie Shave

tertiaryimam

[attachimg=1]

/reference to beck's song "High 5 (Rock the Catskills)

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 10, 2013, 09:45:18 PM
Gosh, Art, if you really want to make things work with Sirius, implying that they are being devious in their dealings with you, or have been less than fair, is probably not the right way to go.  In fact, a little humble contrition on your part might go a long way.

Humility, how does it work?

dortmunder

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 10, 2013, 09:46:13 PM
Hoagland did ok explaining it until he went crazy with the self-promotion. He sounded like he was tired though.

Good ole Hoagie!

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on November 10, 2013, 09:11:06 PM
I am not crazy about the way some things have been handled, they canned Paul without so much as a Human voice
doing the job and he had been trying to get a handle on the streaming mess every day. Now they take the tactic of simply
not responding in any way to ALL forms of communication the modern World has.

At least I spoke to them like people in a normal business relationship. I am telling you there is something else in the works.

Art

Art--i'm sorry to say is I don't see anything else in the works...no hidden conspiracy.  What I see is you signed an agreement, got your fans hopes up, tried to change the agreement mid-stream and Sirius said enough already...enough talk with this guy  Then YOU quit and once again dramatically left your fans.

With regards to your NC--I can see you respecting that.  BUT what will you do AFTER the NC?  Will you have a show then?  Or was this a plan to just be done and this was all an excuse?

By the way--I LOVED your show on Sirius.

ItsOver

It was Hoagland's Accutron that messed up the streaming.  Damn Accutrons.

Quote from: sherry440 on November 10, 2013, 09:50:46 PM
... a lot of people had no issues at all with the player. Mine worked fine, if it timed out I just touched the iPad, no big deal.
EXACTLY! I am of the opinion that many of the "drops" were really people who were not Internet savvy enough to figure out the Sirius interface, and got frustrated. Pilot error, if you will...

Falkie2013

Quote from: maren on November 10, 2013, 09:52:06 PM
Everything you say may be accurate, but they should have the courtesy to let Art know the status of their process, or if it's a done deal.

Most suit types have NO conscience or ethics.
That's why so many of them get indicted or put in jail.

Heather Wade

Quote from: ItsOver on November 10, 2013, 09:53:29 PM

I'm way off base, I thought it must be the torsion field this whole time.   ???

jazmunda

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 10, 2013, 09:49:41 PM
No matter who rides the pony, you were Art's Horseman of the Apocalypse.

;)

C'mon Art please exonerate me!!!!!

Your silence on this issue is killing me.  :P

No calls, no emails, no texts. What do I need to do to make things right? ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 10, 2013, 09:16:41 PM
Well, yeah. He did it days before Art's show debuted as a shot at Art. It was clear what the intent was. And it never stopped after that, the day Art quit George was here promoting. I don't dislike Noory, and I think he should be treated at least fairly, and I went way out of my way to point that out. But from Oates onward, all George has done is illustrate that he ain't no angel.

Sorry, did you answer the second part of my question?  Did Oates say anything about Art, their differences, or George's position relative to same?

I don't recall saying George was an angel, in fact I don't recall even saying I thought he could hold a candle to Art when it came to conducting an interview.  I have said before I believe he prepares poorly for his show, and generally just goes through the motions.  (I proposed a drinking game to George btw, one shot for everytime he says "of course", but realized I could never afford to play my own game.)  He's not as talented as Art behind a mike, but few people are.  And like you, I wouldn't pay for his program.  But that said, it's tough being Gene Bartow. 

My point was many of those who think I (and others apparently) am (are) showing disrespect for Art are the same ones making childish comments and posting vulgar photoshops about a guy who is just as much a human being as Art Bell, you, or me.  I haven't said anything here about either men I wouldn't say to their face. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Art Bell on November 10, 2013, 09:19:02 PM
If any of you have any form of communication or channel open that I am not aware of,   please feel free
to ask Sirius/XM any of these questions that we all want the answers to.

Art

Talk to Drudge.  He might run a story about your current situation on the Drudge Report.    Same goes for George Knapp.  This stuff is newsworthy and the press will get Sirius's attention.

Snowdoggie

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 10, 2013, 09:43:07 PM
They let him out of the employment contract, why not the NC? Why not at least try?  Couldn't hurt to ask. 

Or... you know, lawyer up.

Better Call Saul!: The 80's Breaking Bad Prequel

It's over peeps. Arts riding off into the sunset.70 is just really an age art needs to take it easy at.
If he does anything at that age it should be guest hosting.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 10, 2013, 09:53:29 PM

This makes sense when you run the numbers.

Quote from: Colorado ESQ on November 10, 2013, 09:06:45 PM
I am very confused about why Art is so willing, seemingly eager, to comply with the noncompete. Under these circumstances Art would be able to fight the noncompete and prevail, so why not try. Art should retain an entertainment lawyer ASAP to step in and negotiate a solution to this situation. There seem to be issues of breech and noncompliance by both parties. There are many legal issues to be raised that could, and should, lead to a successful conclusion for Art. That is, if he really wants to continue doing the show with an online stream. I am starting to question whether he really does.

And piss away money on attorneys and legal fees so that he can have a free streaming radio program or podcast? Sounds a bit insane when you read it aloud, doesn't it? With the speed our legal system moves, he may just come out ahead riding out the non-compete.

ItsOver

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 10, 2013, 09:55:27 PM
I'm way off base, I thought it must be the torsion field this whole time.   ???
That too. Damn torsion fields.  And Tommy. Damn flavored butter.