• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Snowdoggie

Quote from: BobGrau on November 10, 2013, 09:06:59 PM

Art's Barks!

...doesn't really work. Art Imparts?

I like Barks.

Imparts is where you get brake pads for your Toyota.

Toxic Fluid

Art is a business man. If I were he, I would try to make the best deal I could.  Have patience.  Art wants to be on the air as much as you want him to, (those of you who do) and an itchy pox on the rest of you.

Bigfoot

Quote from: BobGrau on November 10, 2013, 09:06:59 PM

Art's Barks!

...doesn't really work. Art Imparts?

Maybe I'm just too hopped up on cough medicine right but the thought of Art barking like DMX is fucking hilarious.

Meanandnasty

Mr. Bell, you may or may not answer this, but do you have other folks negotiating this including the non-compete with Sirius.  I just don't see why this cannot be resolved. 

You could be like Coast was, but still be on Sirius as a show, but do your own thing streaming.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 10, 2013, 09:10:46 PM
The contract that they let him out of vs. the non-compete. 

I mean, if you got out of one, why not the other with it?

The NC is a clause of the contract in it's entirety.

Quote from: Art Bell on November 10, 2013, 09:11:06 PM
I am not crazy about the way some things have been handled, they canned Paul without so much as a Human voice
doing the job and he had been trying to get a handle on the streaming mess every day. Now they take the tactic of simply
not responding in any way to ALL forms of communication the modern World has.

At least I spoke to them like people in a normal business relationship. I am telling you there is something else in the works.

Art

I feel bad for Paul, of course, leaving another job to work on Dark Matter only to be let go but what did you expect to happen to his position if the show wasn't ongoing?

McPhallus

Just curious.... Did Sirius give any guarantees regarding uptime, dropouts, stream quality, etc.?  You would think this would be mentioned in the contract as sort of a service level guarantee on THEIR end.

Quote from: Art Bell on November 10, 2013, 08:54:40 PM
I predict that after a few pages go by, people will again be saying, why don't you try and work it out with Sirius.
( Remember I said this on page 292)

Art

tertiaryimam

I am not crazy about the way some things have been handled, they canned Paul without so much as a Human voice
doing the job and he had been trying to get a handle on the streaming mess every day. Now they take the tactic of simply

At least I spoke to them like people in a normal business relationship. I am telling you there is something else in the works.

Art

Well, now I've officially lost hope. For two years, at least.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2013, 09:01:01 PM
True but my pessimism makes me feel better in a weird "I should see a shrink" kind of a way.
What if we never find out? We need closer. Or a valium and a good lie down.  :o

Pessimistic?
I thought you lot were an optimistic bunch?

(Optimistically pessimistic perhaps?)

Derpspiracy

Maybe this has all been covered, but I'm genuinely curious: Who or what exactly does Art believe to be the opposing force(s) behind Sirius not getting back to him?

Meanandnasty

Quote from: McPhallus on November 10, 2013, 09:14:46 PM
Just curious.... Did Sirius give any guarantees regarding uptime, dropouts, stream quality, etc.?  You would think this would be mentioned in the contract as sort of a service level guarantee on THEIR end.

That could be a breach of the contract if so.  I mean you have to have adequate transmission for any call-in show to be a success. 

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2013, 09:05:34 PM
100% agree.

Duke - I respect Art because he has earned it and in turn I show him respect. I have no respect for George so I ignore him, occasionally call him names (which is childish, my problem not his) and I would never pay for his show.

I think we all respect Art its just that so many of us had NO idea what led to Art's decision to leave and our feelings were hurt and our nerves were frayed.

As to Noory, he's been caught in multiple lies and has dragged down the legacy of C2C to below the depths of a sewer with his unprofessionalism, actions and verbal gaffes.

And his continual trumpeting of himself as having had talent not on loan from G*d to be QUALIFIED to take the show over in the first place.

That contention by him has never been proven.

In fact, it can well be said that the lack of qualifications is glaring and continually re-inforces itself with each subsequent broadcast.

The Craphawk flies tonight.

And every night.

That's why we have NO respect for the man.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Art Bell on November 10, 2013, 09:02:45 PM
Duke dude,

Respect is earned. My asking for it here will not get it for me, and my asking for it for George will sure not get it for him.

Art

Do you respect George? 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 10, 2013, 09:08:56 PM
And that's because Oates and Bell are at serious odds?  You think George showed Art disrepect by having him on C2C?

I did not hear him on with George.  Did he say anything about Art, their differences, or George's position relative to same?

Well, yeah. He did it days before Art's show debuted as a shot at Art. It was clear what the intent was. And it never stopped after that, the day Art quit George was here promoting. I don't dislike Noory, and I think he should be treated at least fairly, and I went way out of my way to point that out. But from Oates onward, all George has done is illustrate that he ain't no angel.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 10, 2013, 09:14:21 PM
I feel bad for Paul, of course, leaving another job to work on Dark Matter only to be let go but what did you expect to happen to his position if the show wasn't ongoing?

I'm willing to bet the slimy bastards tailor-fit the language to avoid any recourse on art's part to contest the streaming situation down the road.

lightningline

Art

Art...have you  tried to speak with the man who brought you into SXM in the first place ?

DanTSX

Well no matter what way you look at it, he has Art Bell on his resume and Rolodex.  That's worth it to tell the grand kids about it alone.

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 10, 2013, 09:16:07 PM
Pessimistic?

Feels like the upsidedown glass is full, but then if ya pick it up...

Art Bell

If any of you have any form of communication or channel open that I am not aware of,   please feel free
to ask Sirius/XM any of these questions that we all want the answers to.

Art

jazmunda

Art could you please post your contract and highlight the non-complete clause? Also could you please send me $10,000.00 in unmarked bills. Also could you please send me an mp3 file that I can use as the voice mail on my phone? Something like, "Andy's not here right now but please leave a message after the beep". Oh and also can you recommend a good replacement for pizza punch? Also can you please make it clear to the rest of the posters here that my 5 calls to the show were not the reason that Dark Matter is no more? That is all.

Meanandnasty

Quote from: Derpspiracy on November 10, 2013, 09:16:20 PM
Maybe this has all been covered, but I'm genuinely curious: Who or what exactly does Art believe to be the opposing force(s) behind Sirius not getting back to him?

Having worked in corporate, first this is a holiday weekend.  Many people started the holiday on Thursday.  Nothing is going to be decided until late Tuesday at the earliest.

Secondly, this is not a decision that is unilateral.  I am sure there are many meetings going on about this.  Legal, programming, customer service and technical are all involved in this project.  It does not surprise me that a decision has not been reached.  This is a unorthodox request and corporate America is just not real creative at times.

Be patient.  I think it will all work out with Mr. Bell, if he wants to return to the airways.

Bigfoot

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 10, 2013, 09:13:59 PM
The NC is a clause of the contract in it's entirety.

Doesn't have to be.  It can be either a clause or its own agreement, not affiliated with anything else. 

dortmunder

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2013, 08:49:10 PM
I guess that's a No then.

If they're not responding to calls, emails or text I think you have your answer right there.

Sad. I was having a ball as were many others here. I was on board before you said Wanna Take a Ride and I'll jump right in in 2 years time if you still have the will to start again.

Thanks Art and keep us updated along the way.

Don't be a stranger.

Jaz, if you think about it it's really only been two weekdays since Art made his latest offer on wednesday? Tomorrow is a holiday, so it's a long weekend. I lived in DC for six years so believe me, that city pretty much shuts down on national holidays. Not always true in other cities, but very little will happen there until at the earliest tuesday. So, I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I'm guessing those execs are busy drinking and sucking down oysters in Georgetown or Dupont Circle right about now. Or they're busy with their expensive prostitutes. Either way, they're probably not too concerned about getting back to Art Bell until next week.

BobGrau

I guess the non-compete includes not being a guest on certain podcasts/weekend shows in new york/Andy's spare room?

Derpspiracy

I feel bad for Paul, of course ...

You know what? I do, too. I emailed him a few times about whatever, absolutely not respecting a response. And, you know what? That guy got back to me much, much quicker than anybody could anticipate. On top of that, he was nothing but nice and kind of funny.

Three cheers for Good Guy Paulâ,,¢. He certainly deserves it.

lightningline

I bet if you had a Lawyer call them for a reply you would get one. Ignoreing you is bad business. They could at least give you a flat no. Either your right and something is going on or they have a serious resentment and silence is their answer.

AppealPlay

Art

Well, if there is something else going on then it's dirty pool, no?  There's no honor lost in severing an agreement when the other party is not playing fair...

jazmunda

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 10, 2013, 09:16:07 PM
Pessimistic?

I am always optimistically pessimistic with a full half empty glass of cynicism.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 10, 2013, 09:16:41 PM
Well, yeah. He did it days before Art's show debuted as a shot at Art. It was clear what the intent was. And it never stopped after that, the day Art quit George was here promoting. I don't dislike Noory, and I think he should be treated at least fairly, and I went way out of my way to point that out. But from Oates onward, all George has done is illustrate that he ain't no angel.

I appreciate you replying to the Oates thing, scifi, because I wanted to but realized I was waaaaay too emotional about it. I would never in a billion years forgive Oates if he pulled the same shit on me. And for George to have him on was either magnificently stupid at best or an act of Theistic Satanism. Now there I go again, getting emotional . . .

[attachimg=1]

Art Bell

Art...have you  tried to speak with the man who brought you into SXM in the first place ?

Please re-read page 242

Art