• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

retired41

even a blind man can see art made the right choice

Heather Wade

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 10, 2013, 12:38:10 AM
I said it  many months ago, and I will say it again:  Art should have gone back to terrestrial  radio. Maybe one or two big shows per week.

I knew this whole full-time satellite radio gig was not a good fit. There was, and is, a VERY limited audience which means unscreened calls - the staple of Art Bell magic - would never work.

As I mentioned many times, the 90's were the golden age of shows like Art's, but it's difficult to recapture that magic.

Expectations were WAY too high.

I remember several BellGabbers bringing up the limited caller situation over the summer as a potential concern.  Looks like they were right.   

Quote from: dortmunder on November 10, 2013, 12:36:42 AM
How are you guys posting gifs? I've tried and failed.

Upload your .gif to a sharing site (I'm currently using tinypic) and then use the standard [.img][./img] tag around the link, without the periods included.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 10, 2013, 12:39:16 AM
Do those 2 hot babes ever get around to lip locking ?

Only in our dreams.

dortmunder

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 10, 2013, 12:43:50 AM
Upload your .gif to a sharing site (I'm currently using tinypic) and then use the standard [.img][./img] tag around the link, without the periods included.

Thanks.

Falkie2013

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 10, 2013, 12:40:57 AM

I couldn't help it. With no Art to provide a distraction, staring at those two babes over and over was getting me hot and bothered. I need a cold shower now.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 10, 2013, 12:47:52 AM
I couldn't help it. With no Art to provide a distraction, staring at those two babes over and over was getting me hot and bothered. I need a cold shower now.

Falkie just rubbed one out, thanks A LOT ART.

Heather Wade

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 10, 2013, 12:49:17 AM

Pushing Upward indeed.  The I Ching is never wrong.   ;D

eddie dean

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 10, 2013, 12:47:52 AM

never type that again.  :-\

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 10, 2013, 12:49:17 AM

Will the ripple effect ever end?! The pain and torment one hasty decision has wrought. So careless.

Falkie2013

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 10, 2013, 12:51:11 AM
Pushing Upward indeed.  The I Ching is never wrong.   ;D

Oh, Good Lord.

Mega ROFLs !!! ...

I'm laughing so much I'm crying again.

This place should be declared a national treasure or something.

Can I help it if my sex life is now portayed on the side of milk cartons ?

Art must have pretty thin skin. You are telling me that he couldn't have worked out something with Sirius, a technology company of all things, to get what he wanted in regards to reaching more listeners?  Is Art a high maintenance cry baby? Hmmm????

shell88

Hey give Art a break guys didn't you

Falkie2013

Went down to feed my cats. Its getting cold out there for the first time.

As for Art, I think that perhaps his being isolated all these years left him with a sense of " I can handle things on my own. " and thus he thought Sirius needed him more than they really did.

Or perhaps Art is right and there is a conspiracy by Premiere or someone to ensure he never comes back on the air.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 09, 2013, 11:53:15 PM
I've always thought Flo from Progessive was kind of shadowy. She creeps me out.

Those? Those are fighting words.

Quote from: shell88 on November 10, 2013, 01:10:56 AM
Hey give Art a break guys didn't you

I dont like payin bills.mp4

I'm sticking to it, this video is probably the closest we're going to get to how it really went down.

shell88

The silence is deafening. We at acceptance yet?  Or :-\
Personally, I don't think Art intends to come back - by way of fighting for the  release from his non-compete . I think Rossy hit the nail right on the head in a few of his last posts - especially the longer one.  Excellent post Rossy.

dortmunder

Quote from: shell88 on November 10, 2013, 01:27:03 AM
Personally, I don't think Art intends to come back.I think Rossy hit the nail right on the head in a few of his last posts - especially the longer one.  Excellent post Rossy.

Maybe everyone's out tonight drowning their sorrows. Did that last night. Tequila! Ouch!

Falkie2013

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 10, 2013, 01:18:41 AM

I'm sticking to it, this video is probably the closest we're going to get to how it really went down.

I'm with that guy. I don't like payin' bills either. It's time for a general revolt of all billpayers !

Quick Karl

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 10, 2013, 12:22:34 AM

What do you suppose is going on in the minds of the Sirius execs, now, who are holding art's --- and our own --- future in their hands?

They're trying to figure out how to get rid of him and never work with him again, but make it look as good for themselves as they can.

littlechris

Quote from: shell88 on November 10, 2013, 01:27:03 AM
Personally, I don't think Art intends to come back.I think Rossy hit the nail right on the head in a few of his last posts - especially the longer one.  Excellent post Rossy.

I think he wants to come back, but i dont see Sirius allowing him back. :( Fuq, Im gonna miss Art. Art Bell, YOU FUCKEN PRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Falkie2013

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 10, 2013, 01:18:41 AM

He was gone for 3 years and then is now gone again.
How many breaks does he get ?
And no, I'm not trying to start anything again but its eminently clear that Art did NOT handle this one well at all.
And the fans are suffering for it.

shell88

Quote from: dortmunder on November 10, 2013, 01:42:50 AM
Maybe everyone's out tonight drowning their sorrows. Did that last night. Tequila! Ouch!
No doubt. Tequila hangover? Could be worse.  At least it wasn't rum or some of that Red Devil brew.

jazmunda

Quote from: Quick Karl on November 10, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
They're trying to figure out how to get rid of him and never work with him again, but make it look as good for themselves as they can.

it's my understanding that that has already happened. As it stands Art is no longer employed by Sirius and Dark Matter is no more. For now.

Art put a proposal to them to work as an independent broadcaster where Sirius would have exclusive rights to broadcast his show whilst allowing Art to broadcast just the live show on the web for free on artbell.com.

This deal is separate from the now defunct contract to broadcast Dark Matter.

Sirius has so far not responded to Art and they might not as they no longer have a contractual relationship. Art's proposal is a new deal and Sirius might not respond considering how the last deal went down.

Not sure if that is an accurate assessment of the current situation but that is my take on it anyway.

dortmunder

Quote from: shell88 on November 10, 2013, 01:50:28 AM
No doubt. Tequila hangover? Could be worse.  At least it wasn't rum or some of that Red Devil brew.

Ack! Rum! Can't stand that stuff.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2013, 01:57:49 AM
it's my understanding that that has already happened. As it stands Art is no longer employed by Sirius and Dark Matter is no more. For now.

Art put a proposal to them to work as an independent broadcaster where Sirius would have exclusive rights to broadcast his show whilst allowing Art to broadcast just the live show on the web for free on artbell.com.

This deal is separate from the now defunct contract to broadcast Dark Matter.

Sirius has so far not responded to Art and they might not as they no longer have a contractual relationship. Art's proposal is a new deal and Sirius might not respond considering how the last deal went down.

Not sure if that is an accurate assessment of the current situation but that is my take on it anyway.

Do we have any good theories as to why Sirius would be less inclined to consider this new deal beyond territorial pissing?

I mean, even if art does this shit again, is Sirius really out money? Or is there something else at work here?

jazmunda

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 10, 2013, 02:00:23 AM

Do we have any good theories as to why Sirius would be less inclined to consider this new deal beyond territorial pissing?

I mean, even if art does this shit again, is Sirius really out money? Or is there something else at work here?

If by territorial pissing you mean that they were not too thrilled with how Art handled things the first time then yes Sirius might be less inclined to consider a new deal. The no communication since the proposal speaks volumes. They may in fact never respond as they have already moved on.

Scully

I'm Janie Come Lately tonight, and haven't read much here since yesterday morn except what Art posted last, so forgive me if my ignorance is glaring.  What just sticks out like a sore thumb to me is this part of that post from late last night:  ... "I will indeed honor my NC if they want me to and I am fairly sure they will" ...

This sounds so complacent.  No mention of hiring an attorney to fight such an unfair non-compete clause.  I do think the movie clip posted here where the guy tells Jennifer Anniston he's just not going to work anymore is the synopsis for this whole mess.  I'll resist spelling out my feelings about the game-playing I believe to be taking place.  Don't want to get sued.  :-\

retired41

because art is all about his listeners ,I think he left the airwaves before it came out that there  just wasn't anybody listening ,that's why he wanted to stream free from his site sxm knew this and decided he was washed up ,waste of there time  in hind sight art  just made a bad choice .they won't hold him to the contract ,he will be on the mike again soon .imagine the king of talk and no one to listen what a waste of talent. best to you art and yours