• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Harmness

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 28, 2012, 10:26:24 PM
      Now the Mexican border that's some serious shit. The rats up here used to end up "in the harbah" or in a trunk...but that hasn't happened much in the past 20 years. Actually, the last informant around here that I know of being offed was in the fall of '92. Actually, a lot of the dealers take their chances in court...they know that juries tend to not listen to the rats and a hung jury is likely.

The rat that lived above me. He rarely talked anything other than sports with me, because the first few fishing expeditions he did with me("you know that kid Mark?") were met with terse responses...and when I'm quiet, that's a hint I ain't happy. He picked up on that and stuck to the "nice weather, see those fuckin' Sox lose to Cleveland last night?" types of conversations.

Never say a goddamned word to anybody.  I don't give a shit how well you know them or what kind of uniform they're wearing, tell 'em, sure, you'll let them know if you see anything, then keep your goddamn mouth shut.  I know at least one guy who's dead now because he trusted a Border Patrol agent and told him where he'd found a load of dope.  Nobody got busted, but they got the dope.  He was shot the next day.  He was a good man, too, just made the mistake of trusting someone.

Most of the fishing to me always went like this:  "Hey, man, you do all right here?  I mean, your boss treat you right?"  To which the only answer is:  "I do okay."  At which point the "legitimate" dopers back off and the DEA idiots usually blunder on, "Yeah, but a guy could always make a little more, right?"  Or they try to draw you in, "hey man, they say this guy over at this ranch does pretty well for himself."  Yeah, well "they" need to mind their own goddamn business like the rest of us.

ziznak

Anything bigger than small time nickel dime stuff you should really just not get into... not worth it.  That whole smuggle game is just messed I don't care how desperate I am I could never go mule.  A little come up here and there off to the side of your day job is no thing but you make dealing your main source of income and your asking for it.

Mexican cartels are friggin crazy.  They really just don't care man they'll kill random people on the peripheral of other cartels and law enforcement just to get a message across.  Family members including children hell even a secretary that works in a local court. They love taking heads off literally.  I was just reading an article about a certain higher ranking zeta that lost his head after a little fire fight.  Looked to me like a sloppy chainsaw beheading actually.  If there is one place I will never go its Mexico and in general ANYWHERE in south America.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Harmness on August 28, 2012, 11:02:16 PM
Never say a goddamned word to anybody.  I don't give a shit how well you know them or what kind of uniform they're wearing, tell 'em, sure, you'll let them know if you see anything, then keep your goddamn mouth shut.  I know at least one guy who's dead now because he trusted a Border Patrol agent and told him where he'd found a load of dope.  Nobody got busted, but they got the dope.  He was shot the next day.  He was a good man, too, just made the mistake of trusting someone.

Most of the fishing to me always went like this:  "Hey, man, you do all right here?  I mean, your boss treat you right?"  To which the only answer is:  "I do okay."  At which point the "legitimate" dopers back off and the DEA idiots usually blunder on, "Yeah, but a guy could always make a little more, right?"  Or they try to draw you in, "hey man, they say this guy over at this ranch does pretty well for himself."  Yeah, well "they" need to mind their own goddamn business like the rest of us.
Damn right. It seems like common sense...but so many idiots say too much without knowing it. I guess when you grow up with DEA doing "no knock raids" on your block at 5am, you kinda learn fast. I was sleeping over a friend's house when I was 10, and they got raided at dawn, looking for his sister's boyfriend. They flipped over everything in sight, sledgehammered a wall...NOTHIN'. It was something to see(I wasn't allowed to leave, so I saw). The wise fucks put "DEA WINS" on the refrigerator using my friend's younger brother's magnets. But those fucks got nothing.

ChewMouse

Holy moly. This is some good stuff you guys are putting together. Frankly, I thought you meant fishing fishing the first time it was mentioned, my gangster slang is so last Tuesday. I thought, why would you go fishing with such a creep and where do you fish in Boston? But now I get it.

To disclose, I live in Kansas. I once saw....now I don't want to say too much so don't anybody bug me about this...I saw a shoplifter at Walgreen's. I'm pretty sure she shoplifted. Now, not one more word about that.

Keep on! This is superb reading and I'm not kidding.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ChewMouse on August 28, 2012, 11:30:16 PM
Holy moly. This is some good stuff you guys are putting together. Frankly, I thought you meant fishing fishing the first time it was mentioned, my gangster slang is so last Tuesday. I thought, why would you go fishing with such a creep and where do you fish in Boston? But now I get it.

To disclose, I live in Kansas. I once saw....now I don't want to say too much so don't anybody bug me about this...I saw a shoplifter at Walgreen's. I'm pretty sure she shoplifted. Now, not one more word about that.

Keep on! This is superb reading and I'm not kidding.
I'm 571 feet from the Atlantic Ocean...I know that exact number because we don't get covered for floods by our kindly insurance. But I'm uphill, so no troubles. Actually, if you saw Paul Newman in "The Verdict", you saw my house.

Actually...fishing was very interesting here, because the water was notoriously polluted(Bush used this against Dukakis in '88) and we'd catch these tumor-ridden fish that looked like something out of "Toxic Avenger". We'd throw the fish back...but the "Orientals"(not supposed to use that term) would keep 'em :o ...between that and "urban pheasants"(dead pigeons) I can't eat Chinese "food" anymore.

Shoplifting at Walgreen's. That's pretty heinous. Truman Capote is on his way back to cover it.

Harmness

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 28, 2012, 11:20:09 PM
     Damn right. It seems like common sense...but so many idiots say too much without knowing it. I guess when you grow up with DEA doing "no knock raids" on your block at 5am, you kinda learn fast. I was sleeping over a friend's house when I was 10, and they got raided at dawn, looking for his sister's boyfriend. They flipped over everything in sight, sledgehammered a wall...NOTHIN'. It was something to see(I wasn't allowed to leave, so I saw). The wise fucks put "DEA WINS" on the refrigerator using my friend's younger brother's magnets. But those fucks got nothing.

Talking will never help you.  Ever.  I don't know why everybody didn't learn that by the time they were about nine.

But we are losing sight of the important point:  they are keeping us safe from the evil drugs which, thanks to their efforts, are all but impossible to get today.

A retired Border Patrol agent once told me, "The War on Drugs has nothing to do with drugs.  It's a jobs program."

why would you go fishing with such a creep?

Eddie really likes fish.

To disclose, I live in Kansas. I once saw....now I don't want to say too much so don't anybody bug me about this...I saw a shoplifter at Walgreen's. I'm pretty sure she shoplifted.

I hope you kept your fool mouth shut.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ChewMouse on August 28, 2012, 11:58:41 PM
"I do okay."

Excellent. And give 'em the "stare" and fold your arms in a defensive posture.

And the War on Drugs is nothing but a jobs program...that grows with each admin. It exploded under Nixon in '69, but "liberals" have never cut into it. Shit, it grew in the Clinton years.

b_dubb

the process for getting a security clearance.  every bullshit nuance of your life scrutinized. basically guarantees that only the most worthless shits get hired for these jobs.  no wonder military security is such a joke ( see Gary McKinnon )

onan

Malware... Fuck I hate malware.

Let me explain. I am very close to a few of my work associates. One in particular I have gotten to know very well over the last 2 years. Although we aren't social friends we do share conversations outside of work sometimes. Recently I recieved an email from her. I opened it up and there was a note saying "you won't believe this!" Yeah I should have been a bit more careful. It really wasn't from her but the email had the same name and I was careless. Yeah I clicked the link. Fuck me, I got a nasty frikken piece of shit ware.

If I can ever find the fuckers that create these things I swear to god I will hunt them down and beat them to death.

coaster

The way the weather channel reports hurricanes while mentioning hurricane katrina. If I hear "seven years since Katrina" one more time... They do realize that its just a coincidence right? I mean, it is hurricane season.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: coaster on August 29, 2012, 09:43:12 AM
The way the weather channel reports hurricanes while mentioning hurricane katrina. If I hear "seven years since Katrina" one more time... They do realize that its just a coincidence right? I mean, it is hurricane season.
That is very uncharacteristic of the Weather Channel.

To be covering weather, that is.

coaster

whats with people always trying to one up a previous disaster? the president of plaquemines parrish in LO said "Ive never seen anything like it, and I rode out katrina" this was after the storm surge went over their levee system. katrina killed around 2000 people. this hurricane is a glorified thunderstorm. They really need to work on their utterly useless levee system.

coaster

one last thing since I'm on a rant here. the guy said the storm wasn't a category 1 because his house was damaged. Hurricane categories are not indicative of damage. They are categorized by wind speed. I think hes got it confused with the Enhanced Fujita scale. I'm sure he is letting whatever comes to his mind spill out because the shock of the storm, but this is when public officials should think before they speak. hes already downplayed katrina, and now hes second guessing the NOAA. I don't know why this annoys me so much, but it does.

ziznak

The fact that I read "Enhanced Fujita" as "Enhanced Fajita." mmmmmmmm fajitas....

onan

Quote from: ziznak on August 29, 2012, 11:31:13 AM
The fact that I read "Enhanced Fujita" as "Enhanced Fajita." mmmmmmmm fajitas....

Enhanced Fajitas can cause some wind speed.

b_dubb

i don't know if this belongs here but rather than start a new thread ... here goes: the passing of time.  everything/everyone is getting older.  this combined with the shitty nature of most everything these days is bumming me out.  oh well. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on August 29, 2012, 03:04:00 PM
i don't know if this belongs here but rather than start a new thread ... here goes: the passing of time.  everything/everyone is getting older.  this combined with the shitty nature of most everything these days is bumming me out.  oh well.
Ah, you've reached "the quickening" stage. It hit me hard in 2005 when I turned 30. I'm currently at the waiting for the worms stage.

ChewMouse

I've been plagued by this particular existential crisis for the last couple of weeks, partly, I think, because of my birthday and partly because back-to-school time always makes me nostalgic. I had to renew my driver's license and I sat there watching about thirty people texting on their cell phones (I don't own a cell phone) and remembering my sixth birthday when I got a bright red Schwinn bicycle. Best. Present. Ever.

Then I realized that I've been married (to the same man) for more than half my life. And where did that time go, I'd like to know? I still have pre-wedding anxiety.

It's like being in a time warp where I wonder, does anyone else remember? Are we just destined to keep on plodding until we die?

Then I want to go outside and howl. Which perhaps I will do.

McPhallus

Part of that is getting older, but I think another part is that we live in a society where everything is increasingly disposable: careers, degrees, houses, clothes, technology, and even relationships.  The same people who went nuts over the Atari 2600 are already drooling over the iPhone 5.  And yes, the quality of everything is going downhill, too.  Quality is a lost art.  But who cares, right, since the next version will be out in a year anyway?

McPhallus

By the way, anytime I think about this topic, this starts playing in my head:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=6o9LLIDDxvU

Given 1) the media's amped up and inappropriate spin (har har), 2) the knee-jerk response of politicians who have declared a premature "state of emergency," & 3) the mobilization of FEMA, Red Cross, etc ... - compared to the reality of the mediocre performance of Isaac -

they should have named it Hurricane Facebook Stock.

HorrorRetro

At least I'm not alone.  I feel the same way.  Now that I'm in my early 40s -- God, even saying that is bizarre -- every damn day is an existential crisis.  Should I have worked on developing a career rather than staying home and raising my child?  Should I have done this, should I have done that?  It's never ending.  I see "normal" people carrying on with their daily lives, and I wonder what the hell is wrong with me.  I'm cynical, tired, and sick of most everything and most everyone.  This is supposed to be a great time, and 40 is the new 30, but I'm not feeling the vibe.  :-[

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 29, 2012, 04:38:23 PM
This is supposed to be a great time, and 40 is the new 30, but I'm not feeling the vibe.  :-[

As an admittedly temporary balm against your terminal condition, HorrorRetro, at your earliest convenience, please check out this amazingly retro horror anthology project:

http://starrywisdomlibrary.com/about/

Juan

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 29, 2012, 04:38:23 PM
  I'm cynical, tired, and sick of most everything and most everyone. 
Wait until you hit your 60s, as I have.  I make grumpy old men seem pleasant. After all, they're out to ruin me, too.

b_dubb

I am early 40's and recently lost a parent to cancer. I'll be thankful if shit just stays the same for a while.

I think my coping start is going to be "stay busy". And beer

HorrorRetro

Quote from: b_dubb on August 29, 2012, 05:06:26 PM
I am early 40's and recently lost a parent to cancer. I'll be thankful if shit just stays the same for a while.

I think my coping start is going to be "stay busy". And beer

Hang in there.  My mom died of lung cancer just a few years ago.  It's really rough.  Staying busy does help. 

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 29, 2012, 04:46:16 PM
As an admittedly temporary balm against your terminal condition, HorrorRetro, at your earliest convenience, please check out this amazingly retro horror anthology project:

http://starrywisdomlibrary.com/about/

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.

Gina

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 29, 2012, 04:51:52 PM
Wait until you hit your 60s, as I have.  I make grumpy old men seem pleasant. After all, they're out to ruin me, too.
I'm pretty sure I won't reach that stage chronologically...but I did reach it mentally some years ago. I've been doing that "I don't know what's wrong with these kids today" rant since I was about 8(why did Paul Lynde's voice just go through my head? Hold on, a mental image of a young Ann Margret is off-setting that)

I've been an insomniac for 30+ years, I've drank like fish, ate like a goat, smoked like chimney. It's gotta catch up to me in a big way soon.

Hopefully, I go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa did...not screaming in terror like his passengers.