• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 05, 2012, 08:26:29 PM
     People who find Mike Tyson even remotely interesting. The James Toback or Jimmy Kimmel type of groupies who are to Tyson what Patricia Krenwinkel was to Charlie Manson. Scumbags.
I find him interesting. I guess that's because I'm a boxing fan and Mike Tyson's biography interests me. I watched the documentary on him and he's a cool guy, very cool sense of humor too. I saw him do an MC Hammer spoof and it was great. He can dance his ass off.

analog kid

The word "man" plagues my language as well. Probably from watching The Big Lebowski about 30 times.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on August 07, 2012, 08:47:58 AM
I admire people who can weave the word "fuck" into a conversation so casually that after a few minutes, you don't even notice it.  I've known a couple of people like that, and they were both drunks, so I think there might be a connection there.
It's weird, around new people I don't use it...but with those I'm familiar with(or comfortable is more like it) I'm like Richard Pryor stubbing his toe. But if I use "motherfucker", it's almost certainly a sign of major displeasure. "These motherfuckers" I never use jokingly or jovially.

The drunker I am, the more likely I am to say it, and I'd fall into that category of using it so much you don't even notice. It's probably my heritage, because every other fookin' word is fookin' in Eire.  No matter the gender or age group.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 07, 2012, 10:28:00 AM
I find him interesting. I guess that's because I'm a boxing fan and Mike Tyson's biography interests me. I watched the documentary on him and he's a cool guy, very cool sense of humor too. I saw him do an MC Hammer spoof and it was great. He can dance his ass off.
I was about 10-12 years old when he was at his peak, and never missed a fight of his(June 27, 1988 -Michael Spinks demolition was probably his last real dominance) . But by 1992, he'd become a sideshow, who wasn't even a barely even a decent boxer anymore struggling to beat Razor Ruddock types.. Washed up at 25.I guess a large part of my disinterest in him comes from the apathy I've had toward boxing since about 1997(which I partially blame Tyson for) and my disconnection from the culture of the current day. 

coaster

police officers with a holier than thou attitude. Just came back from a 4 alarm fire at my brothers. thought my twin brother was hurt when i ran up. nearly got manhandled by the boys in blue. i wasnt even being dramatic. i hate thats its so easy to become a police officer. I have respect for the law, but ive seen the law do things I wouldnt do.

McPhallus

"one weird old trick" and anything remotely associated with such.

ShayP

Hipsters annoy me.

Fucking Hipster pieces of shit.  >:(

b_dubb

cops suck.  most anyway.  especially the cop in this story ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/08/08/calgary-nose-hill-gun-stampede-police-us.html

' as a policeman ... i need to be able to shoot people whenever i feel it necessary'

what psycho

Frys Girl

Men who want to go dutch on dates.

McPhallus

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 09, 2012, 06:03:34 PM

What kind of date?  If its a dinner date, I can see the guy wanting to split the tab to avoid those women who con guys into buying them dinner.

b_dubb

I usually ask if it's "ok" to pay. Some women get really shitty if the guy assumes he has to pay

ziznak

I usually give her the money up front if she asks.  Sometimes after.

Frys Girl

Quote from: McPhallus on August 09, 2012, 06:26:50 PM
What kind of date?  If its a dinner date, I can see the guy wanting to split the tab to avoid those women who con guys into buying them dinner.
Really? Non homeless women do that? I can just make spaghetti if I just want a meal.

Men should always pay. They should ask out women who are worth dining and wining. The time and effort I put into looking cute is worth a dinner. I can't believe it has come to this.

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on August 09, 2012, 07:32:35 PM
I usually ask if it's "ok" to pay. Some women get really shitty if the guy assumes he has to pay
So insecure. Look man! I have my own money so you can't buy me!! So dumb. Sorry you go through that.

ziznak

"love is a battlefield"
It's hard to be able to tell what kind of woman you are dealing with these days... she could be the most materialistic high maintainence looking kind of girl but then insist on paying her way and taking it as an insult that you tried to take control of the situation like the dominant caveman you are.  How was I supposed to know that you were the "strong independant type" when you've obviously wasted all your money on stupid superficial BS like yer nails.

women are friggin nutz... they can't be understood as a whole each nut case has to be studied individually as you would any psychopath.

ChewMouse

Quote from: ziznak on August 09, 2012, 08:42:27 PM
"love is a battlefield"
It's hard to be able to tell what kind of woman you are dealing with these days... she could be the most materialistic high maintainence looking kind of girl but then insist on paying her way and taking it as an insult that you tried to take control of the situation like the dominant caveman you are.  How was I supposed to know that you were the "strong independant type" when you've obviously wasted all your money on stupid superficial BS like yer nails.

women are friggin nutz... they can't be understood as a whole each nut case has to be studied individually as you would any psychopath.
Men do have it rough, I've always believed that. And imagine how difficult love's battlefield is for lesbians!

The General

You rock.  Old fashioned values are classy.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 09, 2012, 08:15:53 PM

Men should always pay. They should ask out women who are worth dining and wining. The time and effort I put into looking cute is worth a dinner. I can't believe it has come to this.

That's the way I've always approached it. Many a moon ago(19 years old) I went out with a girl who made more than I did, and I got annoyed when she talked about splitting costs. Bullshit! How emasculating. I paid the full 12 bucks.

Amazon.com customers who write excessively long music CD reviews, reflecting on: band "family trees," previous albums, and all manner of lyrical content/composition as if penning a band retrospective for Rolling Stone Magazine - then you notice 137 out of 137 people thought the review was "helpful"!  That's when I post the 138th vote - one of opposition.  The same goes for book reviews, Weed Eater reviews, electronics reviews, etc.   While I readily concede that some/many reviews can be helpful and steer one away from purchasing a Barrel of Retarded Monkeys you will later regret, for God's sweet sake, stop posting essay length swamp gas. It's like a Wikipedia sandbox of self-importance in there and I'm really sick of it.

Zircon

OK, what the fuck is it with this "server is stressed" and I can't post or start a thread.

onan

Quote from: Zircon on August 10, 2012, 08:12:55 AM
Is Obama's fucking Dykeretary of Homely Sludgedogs a fucking bitch or what?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/janet-napolitano-run-homeland-security-treated-male-staffers-lapdogs-federal-discrimination-lawsuit

Sounds pretty serious... waiting to hear more.

but did see a comment that made me snicker:

QuoteWILLIAM PENN36 minutes ago
I'd be mad at the world, too, if I were a man born without a penis.

Frys Girl

Quote from: The General on August 09, 2012, 11:05:09 PM
You rock.  Old fashioned values are classy.
Thanks, General.  ;)  I really can't believe that women are losing sight of what's good about dating. I also feel like when a man is treating me to a night out, I feel much sexier. This society is so off!

McPhallus

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 09, 2012, 08:15:53 PM
Really? Non homeless women do that? I can just make spaghetti if I just want a meal.

Women play all sorts of games.  That's one of the reasons I never do dinner on the first meeting.  It sets a bad frame where the guy is spending money to gain the woman's approval.  Later dates are a different story, but meeting for a drink works best for first meetings.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on August 10, 2012, 10:45:15 AM
Women play all sorts of games.  That's one of the reasons I never do dinner on the first meeting.  It sets a bad frame where the guy is spending money to gain the woman's approval.  Later dates are a different story, but meeting for a drink works best for first meetings.
That's why workplace dating I've always placed a high value on. They already kind of "know" you enough to where games don't have to be played...as much. I wear 'em down, like a virus. They hate me initially, then it becomes a strong dislike, then merely contempt...eventually they see me as "not the worst thing in the world". It's gradual, but seems to work. Somewhat. To a degree. Almost.

ziznak

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 10, 2012, 11:04:46 AM
     That's why workplace dating I've always placed a high value on. They already kind of "know" you enough to where games don't have to be played...as much. I wear 'em down, like a virus. They hate me initially, then it becomes a strong dislike, then merely contempt...eventually they see me as "not the worst thing in the world". It's gradual, but seems to work. Somewhat. To a degree. Almost.
That's actually just getting laid on a technicality but hey it works.  Basically what some women do is put all the men in their sphere of social interaction on a sort of scale.  They start "cock hopping" down from the top of the list.  They start with the guys they initially think are the hottest, coolest, richest, or smartest.  Depends on the woman.  Normally this group becomes less and less attractive as time goes on and they get to know who people really are.  As the obvious potential mates are eliminated other potential mates that were once way down in the "not gonna happen" area get moved up. 

I've made it a rule to stay away from any female that comes into the work place and then immediately starts to date somebody.  The other type to avoid is the one that immediately starts whining about her relationship 5 seconds into a conversation.  Actually any female that mentions her boyfriend in the first five minutes you meet her is either A) trying to tell you nicely that she's taken or B) has no identity outside of her relationship (yikes) regardless just walk away.

b_dubb

Quote from: Zircon on August 10, 2012, 08:12:55 AM
Is Obama's fucking Dykeretary of Homely Sludgedogs a fucking bitch or what?
are you 12?

Eddie Coyle

This is breaking from the Coyle newsroom: I'm annoyed by going outside and the people I encounter on these occasions.
          I go to the store. I buy something that costs $7.43. I pay with a 20 dollar bill. The clerk rather ostentatiously holds it up to the light, like he's motherfucking William L Peterson in "To Live And Die in LA".

In situations like this, I try to use humour. "Aw, I just got that one out of the dryer", I say. This toadish, dwarfy Frank Black looking clerk says in a serious fashion "we never know".

Ok, the guy's an asshole. But I can be one, too(tough to believe,I know). So he hands me my change(I guess my bill past muster) and it's two fives and two singles. Which I then hold up to the light as well ;) . "You never know", I mutter, checking each bill.

PS...there was nobody behind me. Had there been a line, I would have been reticent to be such an asshole. But since it was just him and me...I couldn't let it pass.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 10, 2012, 02:07:33 PM
So he hands me my change(I guess my bill past muster) and it's two fives and two singles. Which I then hold up to the light as well ;) . "You never know", I mutter, checking each bill.

PS...there was nobody behind me. Had there been a line, I would have been reticent to be such an asshole. But since it was just him and me...I couldn't let it pass.
Hilarious. I may borrow this.