• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on August 28, 2017, 01:17:01 PM
It was Aldrin who had the drinkies problem. Armstrong became a professor of aeronautical engineering in Cincinnatti.

Oh, I'd always heard it was Armstrong. Still, he never wanted to do interviews about it or even talk to friends about it apparently. Maybe he was just the quiet type?

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 28, 2017, 01:19:32 PM
Oh, I'd always heard it was Armstrong. Still, he never wanted to do interviews about it or even talk to friends about it apparently. Maybe he was just the quiet type?

So what do you think this is? Scotch mist?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on August 28, 2017, 02:21:28 PM
So what do you think this is? Scotch mist?

"I just don't deserve it [the attention for being the first man on the Moon] I wasn't chosen to be first," said Armstrong. I was just chosen to command that flight. Circumstance put me in that particular role. That wasn't planned by anyone."

Yeah, I guess the first man on the moon just didn't want to toot his own horn.

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 28, 2017, 02:28:55 PM
Yeah, I guess the first man on the moon just didn't want to toot his own horn.

That's more like it, yes. He had the necessary nerves of steel to pull off that hairy landing with 20sec of fuel left, but in terms of PR he was almost the worst choice among active astronauts at the time.

Dyna-X

Quote from: expat on August 28, 2017, 03:46:18 PM
That's more like it, yes. He had the necessary nerves of steel to pull off that hairy landing with 20sec of fuel left, but in terms of PR he was almost the worst choice among active astronauts at the time.

The joke among the space buffs is that Armstrong resented the attention of being the first as much as Aldrin resented being the second.

Rix Gins

Here is an interesting video of Neil's parents appearing on the quiz show I've Got a Secret back in 1962.  His folks seemed a bit hesitant to talk, his mom more so than his dad.  (Perhaps it was a case of jet lag.)  Also catch Gary's question at the 4:40 mark.

https://youtu.be/zd7eWKCOk-A

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 28, 2017, 04:03:29 PM
The joke among the space buffs is that Armstrong resented the attention of being the first as much as Aldrin resented being the second.

I had heard Buzz was supposed to go first, but Armstrong pulled rank.

astroguy

OMFG RCH is so full of himself!  He mentioned he was on the "Den of Lore" podcast and so I downloaded it, and after not being on for 20 minutes because of his own technical difficulties, he goes on and spends several minutes telling the host that the host is "over-modulated" even though his sound is perfectly fine.  And reminded the host during his bio that he was science advisor to Cronkite.

RCH later plays teacher and asks the host if he knows what astrocartography is.  Host answers correctly.  RCH says he's wrong and proceeds to give the bullshit astrological definition.

And later, he tried to argue that the EM drive works on pyramid power (hyperdimensional torsion field physics) because a cone is just a pyramid without the side corners.  Yes, he just argued that cone = pyramid.

I'm listening in spurts as I work on other stuff, but golly gee wiz this guy is just an ass, even when he's a guest.

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2017, 11:53:00 PM
Aaah it all comes together. NASA, Harvey, and Trump coming...and Egyptian historical calendar.
(I would tie in the great and hilarious play and movie "Harvey" to this system but RCH and his guests don't have Hollywood 'connections')

The Chinese believed the Man in the Moon had a pet rabbit up there with him. Or something like that?

=Schlyder=

Exactly this.  Although I would say he was the worst, not almost.  ;D   

=Schlyder=

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 28, 2017, 10:51:07 PM
I had heard Buzz was supposed to go first, but Armstrong pulled rank.

It was because of how the hatch opened, and their respective positions inside the LEM,  is how I have heard the story told.

WOTR

Quote from: astroguy on August 28, 2017, 10:53:40 PM
OMFG RCH is so full of himself! 
You are going to provide a review like that and NOT provide a link so that we can all laugh along with you?  >:( 

***I suppose I could always just use google...  ;)

astroguy

Quote from: WOTR on August 28, 2017, 11:38:25 PM
You are going to provide a review like that and NOT provide a link so that we can all laugh along with you?  >:( 

***I suppose I could always just use google...  ;)

Yes, The Googlez are your friend: http://www.denoflore.com/ep-048-aliens-on-the-moon-mars-w-richard-c-hoagland/

Quote from: astroguy on August 28, 2017, 10:53:40 PM
OMFG RCH is so full of himself!  He mentioned he was on the "Den of Lore" podcast and so I downloaded it, and after not being on for 20 minutes because of his own technical difficulties, he goes on and spends several minutes telling the host that the host is "over-modulated" even though his sound is perfectly fine.  And reminded the host during his bio that he was science advisor to Cronkite.

RCH later plays teacher and asks the host if he knows what astrocartography is.  Host answers correctly.  RCH says he's wrong and proceeds to give the bullshit astrological definition.

And later, he tried to argue that the EM drive works on pyramid power (hyperdimensional torsion field physics) because a cone is just a pyramid without the side corners.  Yes, he just argued that cone = pyramid.

I'm listening in spurts as I work on other stuff, but golly gee wiz this guy is just an ass, even when he's a guest.

This is why I have any interest in Hoagland, without the eccentric personality and his grandiosity he would be no different than the revolving door of Coast guests who hold no interest for me.  The diva and school marm are my favorite parts of his personality. The conspiracy guy aspect of him actually depresses me. I like the delusion that he truly believes he's discovered new physics, the torsion field hyperdimensional physics with a Bulova watch and pyramids. When he goes off and ties politics and history to his model of the unfolding universe I get sad because he crosses the line from eccentric wannabe to kook and probably some form of mental illness.

Honestly what do you think Hoagland declared on his tax form for income in 2016? My guess would be less than $20K possibly less than $10K.

Quote from: expat on August 27, 2017, 11:31:19 AM
I hope everyone realises that the eclipse Accutron trace RCH just posted is NOT from this month's total solar eclipse,

There is nothing wrong with the Accutron, you just need to learn how to calibrate it right...

PaulAtreides

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 29, 2017, 02:20:50 AM
Honestly what do you think Hoagland declared on his tax form for income in 2016? My guess would be less than $20K possibly less than $10K.

Robin probably gives him an allowance, but he doesn't have to report that as income.

Dyna-X

Quote from: PaulAtreides on August 29, 2017, 10:18:53 AM
Robin probably gives him an allowance, but he doesn't have to report that as income.
He doesn't have to report it, but she still monitors how he spends it.  He has to claim to her that the Accutron batteries were $20 so he can secretly divert $10 to his cigar fund - kind of like the black budget. (She would have a fit if she found out he was smoking cigars)

Similarly he tells her he has 5 subscribers not 10 - and that difference goes into cognac and wine. For the public though he multiplies times a thousand.

Maxwell

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 29, 2017, 02:14:53 AM
line from eccentric wannabe to kook and probably some form of mental illness.

As Hoagland explained last Saturday, there's some Kennedy info due to be released and it contains proof that he and Khrushchev had decided the US and USSR would go to moon jointly. This ties in with disclosure, which will happen this year because the Mayans predicted it. Well, they said it would happen in 2012, but their calendar has a mistake, so 2012 actually means 2017.

Therefore, the president is travelling to Houston to distract everyone so he won't have to release the info.

Hoagland mentally ill? Now why on Earth would you say that?

Juan Cena

Quote from: Maxwell on August 29, 2017, 05:33:25 PM
As Hoagland explained last Saturday, there's some Kennedy info due to be released and it contains proof that he and Khrushchev had decided the US and USSR would go to moon jointly. This ties in with disclosure, which will happen this year because the Mayans predicted it. Well, they said it would happen in 2012, but their calendar has a mistake, so 2012 actually means 2017.

Therefore, the president is travelling to Houston to distract everyone so he won't have to release the info.

Hoagland mentally ill? Now why on Earth would you say that?

Trust me, if Disclosure was real, Trump would use it to distract from his committing treason its Vlad Putin.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 29, 2017, 10:26:23 PM
Trust me, if Disclosure was real, Trump would use it to distract from his committing treason its Vlad Putin.

^^^^^^^^^
Speaking of mentally ill.  ;D

trostol

So..I think Hoagie is undercover here on my train. ..guy here looks like him..but with disheveled hair

Zenman

Quote from: trostol on August 30, 2017, 07:32:48 PM
So..I think Hoagie is undercover here on my train. ..guy here looks like him..but with disheveled hair

Is he drinking a martini and watching RT on his ipad?

trostol

Quote from: Zenman on August 30, 2017, 08:54:16 PM
Is he drinking a martini and watching RT on his ipad?

lol no..but he was squinting at what ever he was reading on his phone..

Zenman

Quote from: trostol on August 30, 2017, 09:12:38 PM
lol no..but he was squinting at what ever he was reading on his phone..

Yep. The Russians aren't completely current on their aspect-resolution for small screens and he's probably still waiting for the barman to take the pimento out of his olive.

Juan Cena

Quote from: trostol on August 30, 2017, 07:32:48 PM

Robin VII must have finally gotten fed up with RCH. I knew Hoagie eating the pets would ruin their relationship.

Morgus

Hoagie's schedule for this weekend's shows are up already:

Theadora

Does anyone remember seeing on Hoagland's facebutt page, back in the day before he figured out how to block everybody, a video of him, Noory, and Art, using mind power to divert an asteroid from hitting Earth, as a flying saucer with ET got the crap beat out of him by cows?  Lets see that again!

albrecht

A possible sighting, again in Austin, TX. Driving at approximately 5:30 by a major bus-stop transfer area near a major Pet Supply Warehouse store, liquor store, and Wal-Mart in the South Park Meadows complex. From the quick view in passing: a older, but spry, guy with flowing white locks, a thinning white beard, and pinched-face with bitterness and frustration written all over it. He was carrying two bags, one looked like a backpack/computer case (the accutron system?) and the other a shopping bag. He was looking frustrated (had to resort to the bus due to this crazy panic run on gas? His paramour ditched him and took the station-wagon? He bought dog food out of habit then remembered they died? Saw a bottle of Dan Ackroyd's UFO vodka or Alien Tequila in the liquor store and was mad he didn't think of that scam/angle? Who knows?)