• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: rekcuf on January 28, 2016, 10:52:04 AM
I don't think he cares about being on the air.

His sudden interest in answering questions, IMO, appears to be solely about repairing his tattered image... Yes, he probably will promote Heather's show. (A show that he no longer has a financial stake in) < I would like to understand how that came about?

Did he sell off his stake, or did he gift it to someone else? Also, MITD was/is "profitable", AFTER Art left, and BEFORE the network let people go?

Finally, if Art has no financial resources tied up in the network or the show, and he named Heather as his replacement, whom was seeking "other options?" Art and Keith, or just Keith...

Please don't ask any difficult questions. Aren't you more interested in what his favorite dessert is or who he likes in the Superbowl?

Jackstar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 10:56:53 AM
Keith released a statement saying they are doing just fine.

Lots of questions I asked yesterday. And according to the "official" narrative Keith released a statement saying they are doing just fine.
http://midnightinthedesert.com/short-update-from-keith-rowland-re-art-bell/

I don't see any numbers (links or citations) verifying Keith's statement. From what I understand, the network has been downsized. Meh.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 10:58:41 AM
Please don't ask any difficult questions. Aren't you more interested in what his favorite dessert is or who he likes in the Superbowl?

Yes, but that was before he went out to buy cigarettes! And didn't return for 50 days...  :'( :'( :'(

GravitySucks

Lots of questions I asked yesterday. And according to the "official" narrative Keith released a statement saying they are doing just fine.
http://midnightinthedesert.com/time-for-another-update-from-keith/

Oh and I just re-read this Keith says Hughes would have been the one to sit in, not Heather. Looks like we got two people on two different pages here.

Read it again. This time concentrate on the words.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:10:10 AM
Read it again. This time concentrate on the words.
"It’s too bad, because Howard would have been the one to sit in for Art, had he already been doing a LIVE show here on DMDN. We really liked Howard’s show, style and broadcast professionalism."

In case anyone wants to see where I got the quote.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 11:14:46 AM
"It’s too bad, because Howard would have been the one to sit in for Art, had he already been doing a LIVE show here on DMDN. We really liked Howard’s show, style and broadcast professionalism."

Fact is he wasn't doing a LIVE show on DMDN... So it wasn't an option.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 11:14:46 AM

In case anyone wants to see where I got the quote.

Well, if he has a professional attitude, then it's no wonder he left DMDN.

Chronaut

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 28, 2016, 01:59:24 AM
Shit, bro, I already offered to do that.  All ART had to do was keep the coffee going and have Airyn fry me up some of those survival rations.

Wait, did you say 'aprehend and hold him...'?  Ummm, maybe.

Art said the security he had back in the C2C days was intrusive, so he doesn't want to go that route, but I don't understand why they'd even have to enter the house or otherwise interfere with their lives.  Aren't there security personnel trained to be basically "invisible" and just keep an eye out around the surrounding property?  Seems to me that a guy in an SUV with tinted windows, and another in camo up on a hill, could provide all the security they'd need without even having to knock on his door.

The stalker does piss me off but he doesn't seem to be out to kill.  Frankly I'd rather have him apprehended and interrogated so we could find out the motive and whoever else may be involved.  I don't think anyone wants to see a cold body over this - and I don't even want to think about the impact of something like that on their daughter.

Quote from: Chronaut on January 28, 2016, 11:19:10 AM
Art said the security he had back in the C2C days was intrusive, so he doesn't want to go that route, but I don't understand why they'd even have to enter the house or otherwise interfere with their lives.  Aren't there security personnel trained to be basically "invisible" and just keep an eye out around the surrounding property?  Seems to me that a guy in an SUV with tinted windows, and another in camo up on a hill, could provide all the security they'd need without even having to knock on his door.

The stalker does piss me off but he doesn't seem to be out to kill.  Frankly I'd rather have him apprehended and interrogated so we could find out the motive and whoever else may be involved.  I don't think anyone wants to see a cold body over this - and I don't even want to think about the impact of something like that on their daughter.

Wife says no. So, no Art.  :-\

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:17:56 AM
Oh hey, you misunderstand, I am simply saying Art said this:
Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 03:16:44 PM
Heather was my first choice.

Art
Followed by this:
Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 03:35:49 PM
I did not allow Heather to do anything, as I pointed out I have no official position at the Network at all, none.

Art

And then Keith said:

Clearly they were not on the same page at all.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 11:21:53 AM
Oh hey, you misunderstand, I am simply saying Art said yesterday this:
And then Keith said:
It’s too bad, because Howard would have been the one to sit in for Art, had he already been doing a LIVE show here on DMDN. We really liked Howard’s show, style and broadcast professionalism.

Clearly they were not on the same page at all.

What does a quote from Art concerning the situation with Pete have anything to do with HH?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:24:55 AM
What does a quote from Art concerning the situation with Pete have anything to do with HH?
Yeah I fixed that. Sorry I copied the wrong quote, but actually a lot. He has no official position at the network yet it is his choice who is in there.  But I am not going to convince you, I  was simply pointing out that they were not on the same page. But this isn't the first time in their history either.

Doesn't matter anyway because Heather is who is in there. That says it all IMO.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:17:56 AM

Without Howard Hughes as an option, Keith and Pete looked at Steve Warner as a replacement. The only person that wanted Heather on the job was Art, yet he claims no official involvement with DMDN.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 11:26:01 AM
Yeah I fixed that. Sorry I copied the wrong quote, but actually a lot. But I am not going to convince you was simply pointing out that they were not on the same page. But this isn't the first time in their history either.

Heather was his first choice. That's what he said. Maybe IF HH had agreed to do a live show months before and was already doing a live show right before MITD, then MAYBE HH would have been his first choice. The fact is on the day that Art quit, Heather was his first choice. I see nothing inconsistent with those statements.

WOTR

Quote from: BellBoy on January 28, 2016, 10:18:56 AM
Truth be told, it is a bit of a 'whack-a-mole' for podcasts here.

Best thing I have seen all week.

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on January 28, 2016, 11:27:29 AM
Without Howard Hughes as an option, Keith and Pete looked at Steve Warner as a replacement. The only person that wanted Heather on the job was Art, yet he claims no official involvement with DMDN.

Well they dodged a bullet with Steve Warner.  The guy is a light-weight host with a cringe inducing beta voice.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:29:21 AM
Heather was his first choice. That's what he said. Maybe IF HH had agreed to do a live show months before and was already doing a live show right before MITD, then MAYBE HH would have been his first choice. The fact is on the day that Art quit, Heather was his first choice. I see nothing inconsistent with those statements.
It is inconsistent with Keith's and Keith is the one in charge of the network according to Art.Yet Keith is the one who was looking for a replacement for Heather. I can't make it any more simple than that.

And I got it, you love Art Bell. But sorry I am going to post my opinion here. There are massive problems with this whole story.

Jackstar

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 28, 2016, 11:30:28 AM
with a cringe inducing beta voice.

Naw, he's just young. If he still sounds like that in five years, a case might be made. Kinda doubt that.

GravitySucks

Steve Warner stated "no one contacted him, so it was a moot point" shortly after Heather took over, so unless you have inside information such as an email from Keith or Pete, then all you are doing is speculating.

And Art never said Heather was anyone else's first choice, he said she was his first choice.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: rekcuf on January 28, 2016, 10:52:04 AM
I don't think he cares about being on the air.

His sudden interest in answering questions, IMO, appears to be solely about repairing his tattered image... Yes, he probably will promote Heather's show. (A show that he no longer has a financial stake in) < I would like to understand how that came about?

I think he likes being on the air, just not very often. With someone like Heather 'keeps getting better' Wade behind the mic he has got an easily replaceable placeholder who he can shunt off the air when the mood takes him without any question from her, or the listeners. He finds the 9-5 side of radio a drag, but sometimes he wants to do a show. If the listeners are prepared to wear it, this is a good arrangement for him. He needs someone inexperienced and fairly nondescript because a more established name might do a good job and there would be less call for Art to come back; neither would they take kindly to being booted off the air on a whim. I think, also, Art likes being talked about more than most. When he was doing the daily drudge of a show perhaps he felt a little taken for granted. At the moment people will still be wondering 'is tonight an Art night?'. It keeps him amused to have people dangling like this.

So, why has he come back on BellGab just a few days after telling his adoring FB family that he has learned his lesson and will avoid trolls in the future? It's been about a month since Heather 'she's doing an amazing job' Wade has been at the helm. There have been lots of people who have unsubscribed, but that has not been noticeable until the next billing period. Now that a month has passed he has been able to see the full extent of the Wadepocalypse and realises that his plan is tanking unless he steps in to stop the network bleeding out. The only way that people are going to stay subscribed is if they think Art will pop on once in a while. He knows that BellGab is the one place that has actually shown him proper support (rather than being a bunch of nodding dogs) and is having to swallow his pride to come on here and play nice to a bunch of bastards who he held in contempt only a few days ago. So, we will all be assured that Heather 'give her a chance' Wade is the anointed one, but also that he hopes, given time, to come on and have fun once in a while. 'So, please give her a chance and stay subscribed.'

Q.E.D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:34:07 AM
Steve Warner stated "no one contacted him, so it was a moot point" shortly after Heather took over, so unless you have inside information such as an email from Keith or Pete, then all you are doing is speculating.

And Art never said Heather was anyone else's first choice, he said she was his first choice.
Are you kidding me? You hosted the gabcast between them. Bateman stated that he was contacted by Pete to replace Heather? Do you not remember any of his argument? Wow.

Jackstar

Without Howard Hughes as an option, Keith and Pete looked at Steve Warner as a replacement.

So... Hilly Rose, not on the table? Or did he already tell them to go screw?

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 11:30:29 AM
It is inconsistent with Keith's and Keith is the one in charge of the network according to Art.Yet Keith is the one who was looking for a replacement for Heather. I can't make it any more simple than that.

And I got it, you love Art Bell. But sorry I am going to post my opinion here. There are massive problems with this whole story.

I don't have a problem with you posting your opinion, but as someone who just got done railing about twisting of facts, you seem to be able to do a good job of it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 11:35:32 AM
Are you kidding me? You hosted the gabcast between them. Bateman stated that he was contacted by Pete to replace Heather? Do you not remember any of his argument? Wow.

That was almost 30 days after Art quit. What part of that don't you understand?

Quote from: bateman on December 18, 2015, 07:17:18 PM
Believe me, it's all I've been hearing for the last week. Moot point though, I wasn't asked. I'll just sit back and enjoy watching the house burn now.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 11:35:32 AM

I remember Steve also saying that. PBS, once people drink the Koolaid, they are loyal until the bitter end, regardless of any inconvenient facts. No point in arguing. It's a lost cause.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 11:38:44 AM
I remember Steve also saying that. PBS, once people drink the Koolaid, they are loyal until the bitter end, regardless of any inconvenient facts. No point in arguing. It's a lost cause.
Yup. I never said they went after Bateman upfront. I was pointing out that Keith and Art had two separate ideas for Art's replacement was all. Clearly Art won.