• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

SnapT

Quote from: Morgus on October 08, 2011, 01:45:19 AM
noory revealed tonight as a kid on halloween he dressed up as zorro and one year as Dr. Morgus :D
And Producer Tom has ONLY dressed up as a PIRATE!  Every Halloween of his life, 100% pirate.

I think Noory just created tons of more Photoshop photos. Noory as Zorro. I bet he was actually Zero.

On another Noory related note, anyone else notice the Fantastic Forum 2 looks closed? I'm getting error messages when I try to even go to it now

Avi

Quote from: Morgus on October 07, 2011, 01:15:47 AM
Dames mentioned his fiance's father (soon to be father-in-law) an ex-Soviet submarine officer.

I think Dames is reading too many Tom Clancy novels. He's making his supposed father-in-law out as Sean Connery in the Hunt for Red October. Well, the man has a rich fantasy life, I'll give him that.

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 08, 2011, 05:45:40 AManyone else notice the Fantastic Forum 2 looks closed? I'm getting error messages when I try to even go to it now
looks like the FF2 server has been having problems for days now. it was dead before that anyway, mostly just one member posting alone.
maybe they missed paying the server fees?  8)

George:  'Ed Dames is gonna be on twice this month.  We're dropping a deuce on thuh show'

Frys Girl

Quote from: Avi on October 08, 2011, 07:43:40 PM
I think Dames is reading too many Tom Clancy novels. He's making his supposed father-in-law out as Sean Connery in the Hunt for Red October. Well, the man has a rich fantasy life, I'll give him that.
I thought the same. Even if it's true, why does he need to say it?

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 08, 2011, 11:46:38 PM
George:  'Ed Dames is gonna be on twice this month.  We're dropping a deuce on thuh show'
Fact check: did Nooron actually say this?

stevesh

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110100320

"It's almost like when radio first started, and families gathered around to listen every night ..."

Actually, Noory, it's nothing like that. It's former fans who loved the show gathering to curse your name.

fysisist

Georgie's new book is titled, "I'm Talking Until You Are All Dead".

Morgus

Noory appears to be starting his book promotions for his newest book, Talking to the Dead. coauthored with Rosemary Ellen Guiley.
Wonder which one wrote most of the book?  :P

Noory is scheduled to be Whitley Strieber's guest on next week's Dreamland streaming interview:
http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/next

Friday October 14, 2011
George Noory on Contacting the Dead
George Noory is not only the host of Coast-to-Coast AM, he's an expert on many things paranormal. His new book Talking to the Dead explores contact with the dead, and this week he comes to Dreamland as Whitley Strieber's guest to tell us all about this fascinating topic. Is it possible to contact the dead? Are there any dead out there to communicate with, or does consciousness end with death? And if not, what convinces George that we go on after the body dies? His new book, Talking to the Dead, is an in-depth exploration of modern attempts to establish communication with the dead, and this interview reveals him to not only be a terrific talk show host, but also a sklled and committed expert when it comes to communication with those in the afterlife.

QuoteGeorge Noory on Talking to the Dead

Is this book referring to his guests or his audience?

Avi

Well, as someone great once said, "Just because they're dead, doesn't mean they're smart!"

Tara

That's one book I will never read.  And for the Noory fans who buy it, there's only one thing to say "there's a sucker born every minute."

Quote from: Tara on October 10, 2011, 04:17:52 PM
That's one book I will never read.  And for the Noory fans who buy it, there's only one thing to say "there's a sucker born every minute."

You're not alone.  George won't bother to read it either.

Quote from: Morgus on October 10, 2011, 03:20:40 PM
Noory appears to be starting his book promotions for his newest book, Talking to the Dead. coauthored with Rosemary Ellen Guiley.

Noory is scheduled to be Whitley Strieber's guest on next week's Dreamland streaming interview:

Friday October 14, 2011
George Noory is not only the host of Coast-to-Coast AM, he's an expert on many things paranormal. His new book Talking to the Dead explores contact with the dead, and this week he comes to Dreamland as Whitley Strieber's guest to tell us all about this fascinating topic. Is it possible to contact the dead? Are there any dead out there to communicate with, or does consciousness end with death? And if not, what convinces George that we go on after the body dies? His new book, Talking to the Dead, is an in-depth exploration of modern attempts to establish communication with the dead, and this interview reveals him to not only be a terrific talk show host, but also a sklled and committed expert when it comes to communication with those in the afterlife.

>Noory
>Expert

beachcomber

They're not closed, they changed servers. Now they're at
http://www.fantasticforum2.net
It won't help ...the live posting during Coast has mostly stopped on that vacant site.
And speaking of vacant, when I go to YouTube now I see an ad  while the song's playing for Prostate Formula, and get this - the annoying announcement that it's "Noory Approved" - - on YouTube??

Like, who cares?  Prostate tonic, flea medicine, bedbug begone, that's a clue as to what kind of suckers that the sponsors think are listening to Noory.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 08, 2011, 05:45:40 AM
I think Noory just created tons of more Photoshop photos. Noory as Zorro. I bet he was actually Zero.

On another Noory related note, anyone else notice the Fantastic Forum 2 looks closed? I'm getting error messages when I try to even go to it now

kf5iwe

AHEM!!!  George Noory sucks. I now return this thread to normal use ::)

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on October 10, 2011, 03:20:40 PM

Friday October 14, 2011

Expert?  Really?!?  When I hear experts they all have very strong opinions and well thought out arguments; Noory has neither.  Any expert that I have ever heard is enthusiastic about their topic of expertise whereas Noory seems to have trouble making it through the first hour of his shows convincingly.

Perhaps he should write a book on a subject that he does have some experience and expertise in: coasting through life while raking in the cash by capitalizing on the work that other people have performed.

Didn't he just write some childrens book as well?

Scully

Quote from: WOTR on October 10, 2011, 09:14:36 PM
Expert?  Really?!?  When I hear experts they all have very strong opinions and well thought out arguments; Noory has neither.  Any expert that I have ever heard is enthusiastic about their topic of expertise whereas Noory seems to have trouble making it through the first hour of his shows convincingly.

Perhaps he should write a book on a subject that he does have some experience and expertise in: coasting through life while raking in the cash by capitalizing on the work that other people have performed.

Didn't he just write some childrens book as well?

Noory mentioned a few months ago that Rosemary Ellen Guiley did "most" of the traveling around the country to collect stories.  He probably contributed some story he heard in the men's room at one of his out of town conferences. 

As little reading as Jorch does, why in the name of all that's real would anyone think he's capable of writing a book?

It was Ian who wrote the children's book, "Dizzy the Mutt with the Propeller Butt."  8)

Rico999

A late night trip to the ATM made George pee his pants because of some "unsavory characters" hanging around the bank --  and he didn't have his piece with him.  Lamenting his unarmed state, he then stated that he has a "legal obligation" to carry a gun (by virtue of his concealed-carry permit).  I'm sure he misspoke -- what else is new?  The dope always finds a way to put his foot all the way in his mouth.

Morgus

Anyone else afraid knowing Noory is out there somewhere with a concealed weapon? :o

Quote from: Morgus on October 11, 2011, 12:24:34 AM
Anyone else afraid knowing Noory is out there somewhere with a concealed weapon? :o

Didn't he once mention that he doesn't eat food brought into the office from the outside for fear of being poisoned?   Another time he wouldn't even tell a guest what kind of car he drives for fear of being followed (since found to be a Ford SUV) - sounded like he meant followed by crazed Art Bell fans.

I'd like to think forums like this one affect him greatly, but for sure he shouldn't have guns. 

And whatever happened to the guy that dined and dashed in that St Louis restaurant, he claimed something about catching the guy and holding a gun on him until the police came.  I assumed it was just another creepy lie, but did he ever follow it up with how the case came out?

Maybe someone should find the sheriff in whatever county he lives in and mention George's paranoia and whatever else they would need to revoke the permit.

rangers1919

Another day, another climate change denier regurgitating the same old lies that have been proven false thousands of times. I didn't make it long enough to hear if he claims to be a Phd like Noory's other guests, but I wouldn't be surprised if his credentials had nothing to do with this type of science, his only work in the field was paid for by oil companies, or he had a history of misrepresenting his qualifications--or of course all of the above since it's C2C.

valdez

Quote from: WOTR on October 10, 2011, 09:14:36 PM
Expert?  Really?!?  When I hear experts they all have very strong opinions and well thought out arguments; Noory has neither..
Quote from: rangers1919 on October 11, 2011, 01:56:42 AM
Another day, another climate change denier...

Bestowing the title of "expert" on George is the price Whitley pays for pushing his wares on Noory's show.  I found Greg Braden to be interesting, especially the stuff about how the earth's magnetic force may be somehow tied or influenced by our emotions.  In the first segment with gun guy, Larry Pratt, George revealed he had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, and issued a warning to all shadow people, chupacabras, time travelers, and leprechauns :  "don't make me pop a cap in your ass."

1281_show_portrait

OH MY GOD, YES!!

Galaga

At the risk of being self-indulgent, I would like to share the email I sent. I wanted to make sure they understand exactly how thinking people feel about this supersonic train wreck. And following my email is the reply I got from producer Lisa Lyon.

Sent: Mon 10/10/2011 8:05 AM
To: george@coasttocoastam.com
Cc: georgeknapp@coasttocoastam.com; ian@coasttocoastam.com; lisa@coasttocoastam.com; tom@coasttocoastam.com; lex@coasttocoastam.com; shawn@coasttocoastam.com
Subject: Coast Quality

Dear Coast Family,

I think the paradox of Mr. Noory's growing market share despite his brutal incompetence is answerable through two facts.

One is that a lot of people that tune into that show these days never heard it during the Art Bell years and so don't know how much the show has gone down the drain. They just don't know any better.

Second, and more importantly, is that because of all the economic and social conditions in the USA that have steadily and relentlessly been spiraling down the tubes for the for the last three or four years, people are looking for alternative information. They then tune into the show, in increasing numbers, because they are so hungry for answers to the mess, as well as in an attempt to reach for something more. Thus the result of growing ratings notwithstanding the clear fact that Mr. Noory routinely and savagely hacks apart the show's content until absolutely all of the lifeblood of quality and coherence have been drained out of it. And voila, an awful host makes buckets of cash every time he mispronounces a word or fails to ask even the most obvious questions.

In short, the show's success is despite Mr. Noory, not because of him.

Let me be clear that I don't care at all what Mr. Noory is like in his personal life. It doesn't matter one iota if he is a genuine and lovable man or a monster. Because the only part of his life that intersects that of the listening audience is the show itself, which I came to love when Art Bell was in the captain's chair, and these days I still look forward to hearing Punnett and Knapp as well as the guests. It's a real pity that an entire fan base has to suffer through a mind-numbing gauntlet of drool just to try to grab a few gems.

I know a lot of people feel this way. There are entire websites devoted to lampooning Mr. Noory. Granted, even the most beloved of public figures will have detractors. Yet, in the case of Mr. Noory, it is obvious that such attacks on his broadcast skills, or the lack thereof, have explicit merit.

I perfectly understand that Premier Radio is a business and therefore the main concern is making money. But in this time of change, please consider that the most profitable long term business plan in the broadcast business will include providing genuine and honest leadership. Mr. Noory certainly doesn't provide that, in addition to the other aforementioned deficits he regularly demonstrates. It is manifestly imperative that allowing Mr. Noory a gracious exit and replacement with a thinker, such as my preference Ian Punnett, would be the best course of action that could be taken at this time.

Thank you for your collective attention.

Subject:    RE: Coast Quality
Date:    October 11, 2011 1:42:29 AM GMT+08:00

Thanks for the input. I'm sorry that George does not do it for you. It is very difficult to follow up an opening act like Art Bell, but George has done a remarkable job overall, and the ratings support that. Thanks for listening.

By the way, Galaga was one of my favorite games, long ago.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Galaga on October 11, 2011, 07:36:30 AM
At the risk of being self-indulgent, I would like to share the email I sent. I wanted to make sure they understand exactly how thinking people feel about this supersonic train wreck. And following my email is the reply I got from producer Lisa Lyon.

Sent: Mon 10/10/2011 8:05 AM
To: george@coasttocoastam.com
Cc: georgeknapp@coasttocoastam.com; ian@coasttocoastam.com; lisa@coasttocoastam.com; tom@coasttocoastam.com; lex@coasttocoastam.com; shawn@coasttocoastam.com
Subject: Coast Quality

Dear Coast Family,

I think the paradox of Mr. Noory's growing market share despite his brutal incompetence is answerable through two facts.

One is that a lot of people that tune into that show these days never heard it during the Art Bell years and so don't know how much the show has gone down the drain. They just don't know any better.

Second, and more importantly, is that because of all the economic and social conditions in the USA that have steadily and relentlessly been spiraling down the tubes for the for the last three or four years, people are looking for alternative information. They then tune into the show, in increasing numbers, because they are so hungry for answers to the mess, as well as in an attempt to reach for something more. Thus the result of growing ratings notwithstanding the clear fact that Mr. Noory routinely and savagely hacks apart the show's content until absolutely all of the lifeblood of quality and coherence have been drained out of it. And voila, an awful host makes buckets of cash every time he mispronounces a word or fails to ask even the most obvious questions.

In short, the show's success is despite Mr. Noory, not because of him.

Let me be clear that I don't care at all what Mr. Noory is like in his personal life. It doesn't matter one iota if he is a genuine and lovable man or a monster. Because the only part of his life that intersects that of the listening audience is the show itself, which I came to love when Art Bell was in the captain's chair, and these days I still look forward to hearing Punnett and Knapp as well as the guests. It's a real pity that an entire fan base has to suffer through a mind-numbing gauntlet of drool just to try to grab a few gems.

I know a lot of people feel this way. There are entire websites devoted to lampooning Mr. Noory. Granted, even the most beloved of public figures will have detractors. Yet, in the case of Mr. Noory, it is obvious that such attacks on his broadcast skills, or the lack thereof, have explicit merit.

I perfectly understand that Premier Radio is a business and therefore the main concern is making money. But in this time of change, please consider that the most profitable long term business plan in the broadcast business will include providing genuine and honest leadership. Mr. Noory certainly doesn't provide that, in addition to the other aforementioned deficits he regularly demonstrates. It is manifestly imperative that allowing Mr. Noory a gracious exit and replacement with a thinker, such as my preference Ian Punnett, would be the best course of action that could be taken at this time.

Thank you for your collective attention.

Subject:    RE: Coast Quality
Date:    October 11, 2011 1:42:29 AM GMT+08:00

Thanks for the input. I'm sorry that George does not do it for you. It is very difficult to follow up an opening act like Art Bell, but George has done a remarkable job overall, and the ratings support that. Thanks for listening.

By the way, Galaga was one of my favorite games, long ago.

So, like George, Lisa is unable to read and follow an argument. 

For the record, I really liked this line in your email:

It's a real pity that an entire fan base has to suffer through a mind-numbing gauntlet of drool just to try to grab a few gems.

We're lucky if we can get 4 or 5 decent shows a month.