George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on September 28, 2011, 01:21:21 PM
More pseudo-health cancer cure in the first hour of c2c tonight -
First Hour: Dr. Tullio Simoncini discusses his antifungal treatment for cancer using baking soda.
What fun!  I'll have to see if I can stomach anymore of his garbage.  I suppose that it is good for ratings and it is a "feel good" show when you can promise everybody a cure for every ailment... and even more so when it is a 100% guaranteed cure for cancer.  I mean, who doesn't at least wish to believe that fiction?

The last guy claimed that you just took baking soda with your maple syrup and all was good.  It got me to thinking about the recipe for home made peanut brittle that I used to make.  Just triple the baking soda and I can sell it as a great tasting cancer cure!
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 cup peanuts
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking soda

WOTR

Quote from: valdez on September 28, 2011, 05:22:15 AM
     At the risk of sounding like "el Snoro," there certainly is something going on.   George mentioned a "system" a while back and whatever that system is it seems to take precedence over the quality of the show itself.  David Sereda's (he's been on a bunch of times, but tonight it occurred to me that he was nuts) two hours we wrecked by George and his friggin' obsession with getting to the callers, which I'm sure is a big part of his "system". 
No doubt that a part of the "system" is limiting his guests who just do updates to a very specific amount of time.  I keep noticing that somebody will be in the middle of a thought of the conversation changing direction and he cuts them off.  After they are disconnected he wishes them well, adds whatever he wants and very quickly moves to the next person.

Yesterday night (I think it was yesterday) they had just touched on a tsunami 100's of feet high that could wash inland for miles and kill many thousands.  Suddenly, George cut the guest off, disconnected him and said something along the lines of "keep an eye on this for us" and it was an abrupt, jarring swing to the next topic.

I realize there are things to get to and you can't let people ramble for too long, but every other host is able to avoid that jarring stop at the end of conversations without allowing people to ramble for too long.  It is as though George penciled certain people in for 55 seconds, and he'll be damned if some lowly update will take 56 seconds of his show.  It is something that has been bugging me for a few months now and just seems to be getting worse; I am beginning to wonder how long until people decide they are sick of being treated like his lackies and begin to refuse his "invitations" to appear.

Bart

Maybe he has a strange telephone package and has to pay the "overtime" out of his own pocket!

Eddie Coyle

Baking Soda?

I thought that shit was for diluting cocaine and ripping people off.

Or so I've heard... :-X

Quote from: valdez on September 28, 2011, 05:22:15 AM
At the risk of sounding like "el Snoro," there certainly is something going on.   George mentioned a "system" a while back and whatever that system is...

George's system is for Lisa to book the guests.  Tommy pulls together the cue cards and make sure the callers are dumber than George.  George's role in the system is to be the star, watch cartoons during the show, and to read the cue cards when he hears the guest pause.

It's completely up to the guests to get their stories out - there won't be any follow up questions or actual conversation.

Quote from: Morgus on September 27, 2011, 11:25:22 PM
at the start of tonight's c2c show, noory reported past guest dr. fred bell had died.
noory said he would have a special tribute for fred bell at the end of friday night's show.
we know what that means - noory will cut out early in the last hour and his staff will play a tape of part of an old interview with fred bell.
noory always takes advantage of using a 'tribute' to sneak out early on a friday.  8)

Very true.

The Glenn Kimball Tribute is the prototype - when a good friend and frequent guest dies, tease the 'tribute' all week, when the time comes have Tommy pull out a random hour of tape an earlier interview to play.  Duck out the back and head over to Dennys to yuck it up with Tommy and wonder who will be the next to go.

Good guy George is always full of class.

Morgus

i notice on the c2c website that noory is also a guest at an expo conference this weekend on saturday - another reason for him to sneak out early friday night in the last hour...

stevesh

Noory couldn't stop talking about himself in the first hour of the main guest's appearance tonight. Every thing the young lady said prompted a story from Noory's childhood.

Say want you want about Linda Moulton Howe, but at least when she's on, Noory shuts his piehole except for a sentence or two on the breaks.

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on September 28, 2011, 01:21:21 PM
More pseudo-health cancer cure in the first hour of c2c tonight...
Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 29, 2011, 01:14:35 AM

Baking Soda?
Quote from: WOTR on September 29, 2011, 12:12:35 AM
What fun!

Yeah.  Baking soda.  Dr. Tullio Simoncini, who's struggle with the English language was refreshing considering George doesn't even try it get it right, debunked the "alkaline/acid" body thing that George is always talking about.  George's response? "Hmm...that's good to know."  Yeah.  It's good to know when you're full of crap.  Just like they got Al Capone for tax evasion, perhaps the day George Noory gets booted from the show it won't be because he sucks so much, and never deserved it to begin with, but because of his insistence on practicing quack healing without a clue.  Psychic and hot babe, June DeYoung, seemed a little not ready for prime time, but no harmness was done. 

no harmness at all

For me at least, last night's show turned into an inadvertent instant classic. With every passing hour, I pictured June's room getting filled with more and more marijuana smoke and Noory's stache becoming more and more flustered.. Great awkward moments of her squeak laughing coupled with NOORY actually trying to keep a guest on topic! This is a keeper.

bmd88

Quote from: YNOT on September 27, 2011, 03:09:36 PM
Don't know where to put this one... I found a anagram generator on the net and put
George Noory into it.  Among a few of the more interesting responses...
http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=George+Noory&t=1000&a=n

Ogre Eon Gyro
Ogre Eon Orgy
Ogre One Gory
Ogre One Gyro
Ogre One Orgy
Ogre Rye Goon

Hah!  Holy shit... I'm glad I wasn't drinking hot tea.  Oh... and now you've got me craving a gyro.

El Kragen

Quote from: WOTR on September 29, 2011, 12:21:42 AM
No doubt that a part of the "system" is limiting his guests who just do updates to a very specific amount of time.  I keep noticing that somebody will be in the middle of a thought of the conversation changing direction and he cuts them off.  After they are disconnected he wishes them well, adds whatever he wants and very quickly moves to the next person.

Yesterday night (I think it was yesterday) they had just touched on a tsunami 100's of feet high that could wash inland for miles and kill many thousands.  Suddenly, George cut the guest off, disconnected him and said something along the lines of "keep an eye on this for us" and it was an abrupt, jarring swing to the next topic.

I realize there are things to get to and you can't let people ramble for too long, but every other host is able to avoid that jarring stop at the end of conversations without allowing people to ramble for too long.  It is as though George penciled certain people in for 55 seconds, and he'll be damned if some lowly update will take 56 seconds of his show.  It is something that has been bugging me for a few months now and just seems to be getting worse; I am beginning to wonder how long until people decide they are sick of being treated like his lackies and begin to refuse his "invitations" to appear.

When George first started doing this, I thought it was pretty cool. Occasionally, he would have 1 maybe 2 guests on to speak about a current news topic. I liked it because Coast has (had) such wide variety of guests that could be tapped to speak "intelligently" on an issue.

In typical Noory fashion, ie: "Please God get me to the break", he started abusing it. Now it's an every show time filler. Sometimes he has 4 different people on in a segment. He rarely listens to what they are saying, zero followup and a rushed cut off at the end.

I have noticed in the past year or so, George throws in a courtesy "So whats new with (insert website or news letter)". I imagine some people complained and asked to plug something if they were going to help carry the show.

El Kragen

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 29, 2011, 02:54:53 AM

Very true.

The Glenn Kimball Tribute is the prototype - when a good friend and frequent guest dies, tease the 'tribute' all week, when the time comes have Tommy pull out a random hour of tape an earlier interview to play.  Duck out the back and head over to Dennys to yuck it up with Tommy and wonder who will be the next to go.

Good guy George is always full of class.

Made me cringe when I heard this, thinking immediately of Glen Kimball. The majority of the worlds population, when hearing the word "tribute" thinks one thing. George and his team of monkeys thinks another: "YES...*high five*... We got sumfin for Friday night!" as they haphazardly pick a random hour from one of his appearances.   A real host with a real production team who actually cared about all things C2C, cared about quality and had respect for the guests and audience, could easily pull together a few guests for an hour segment to talk about his life, his work and lasting impact. George wouldn't even really have to work...but no even that's too much work for Team Lazy F*cking Hack

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Morgus on September 28, 2011, 11:56:38 PM
Can't Noory get in trouble for all the passing out on the air without a license of psuedo-medical operational directions to callers by the first hour guest using baking soda injection into tumors?

I sure wish he could get in trouble, Morgus.  But I tend to think Noory covered his butt last night by reading, twice, the statement from the American Cancer Society.  He doesn't usually do that kind of thing.  Legal must have been worried. 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: WOTR on September 29, 2011, 12:12:35 AM

The last guy claimed that you just took baking soda with your maple syrup and all was good. 

But now the new guy says the maple syrup cure is all "deceit." 

What to believe?  What to believe?   :o

fysisist

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 29, 2011, 02:45:38 AM

George's system is for Lisa to book the guests.  Tommy pulls together the cue cards and make sure the callers are dumber than George.  George's role in the system is to be the star, watch cartoons during the show, and to read the cue cards when he hears the guest pause.

It's completely up to the guests to get their stories out - there won't be any follow up questions or actual conversation.

Oh, so you are GN's choreographer...

rolindos

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 29, 2011, 01:14:35 AM

Baking Soda?

I thought that shit was for diluting cocaine and ripping people off.

Or so I've heard... :-X

1-2 teaspoons of Baking Soda, in a glass of water is instant acid stomach relief, much better than Tums, and much, much less expensive.  It also works well in the fridge, and in drains to eliminate odor.  Isn't that fascinating?  Maybe I could be a guest too, and maybe that's the ONE good thing about Noory, any idiot can hope to be a guest on his show.  Need more fake guests, maybe the http://theyesmen.org/ to snooker Noory.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Morgus on September 28, 2011, 11:56:38 PM
Can't Noory get in trouble for all the passing out on the air without a license of psuedo-medical operational directions to callers by the first hour guest using baking soda injection into tumors?

Quote from: Lovely Bones on September 29, 2011, 07:58:33 AMI sure wish he could get in trouble, Morgus.  But I tend to think Noory covered his butt last night by reading, twice, the statement from the American Cancer Society.  He doesn't usually do that kind of thing.  Legal must have been worried.

Around last December (2010) or so, I warned Snoory about his espousing quackery and him/guests dispensing medical advice. I sent emails to him and all his staff. Never heard back from them.

So I wrote two Federal agencies outlining what c2c was doing. I intend on writing them again when I get back home.

It wouldn't hurt if a number of CG'ers wrote to Federal agencies decrying the quackery of what 2c dispenses - might rattle the cage a bit :)

I am in medicine, so maybe I'll start a little c2c quackery thread, outlining in laymen's terms - with a dash or two of science - just how screwed up all this pseudo-science/lies really are. Kirk out.

M Knight

Quote from: HAL 9000 on September 29, 2011, 12:07:01 PM
Around last December (2010) or so, I warned Snoory about his espousing quackery and him/guests dispensing medical advice. I sent emails to him and all his staff. Never heard back from them.

So I wrote two Federal agencies outlining what c2c was doing. I intend on writing them again when I get back home.

It wouldn't hurt if a number of CG'ers wrote to Federal agencies decrying the quackery of what 2c dispenses - might rattle the cage a bit :)

I am in medicine, so maybe I'll start a little c2c quackery thread, outlining in laymen's terms - with a dash or two of science - just how screwed up all this pseudo-science/lies really are. Kirk out.

Maybe one of these nights we'll tune into C2C and there will be an all night infomercial about pooper-scoopers instead of Noory.  The Shillness will catch up with old Snoory.

Around last December (2010) or so, I warned Snoory about his espousing quackery and him/guests dispensing medical advice. I sent emails to him and all his staff. Never heard back from them...

What about advocating gold as an investment.  Isn't he going to be liable if people start to lose money?

Could he claim to just be stating his opinion on medical and investment advice?  Brokers and doctors need licences to practice, I wonder where that line is.

Quote from: El Kragen on September 29, 2011, 07:46:04 AM
Made me cringe when I heard this, thinking immediately of Glen Kimball. The majority of the worlds population, when hearing the word "tribute" thinks one thing. George and his team of monkeys thinks another: "YES...*high five*... We got sumfin for Friday night!" as they haphazardly pick a random hour from one of his appearances.   A real host with a real production team who actually cared about all things C2C, cared about quality and had respect for the guests and audience, could easily pull together a few guests for an hour segment to talk about his life, his work and lasting impact. George wouldn't even really have to work...but no even that's too much work for Team Lazy F*cking Hack

And mix in a few clips from earlier shows to play.  George is so perfectly unfit for the job it makes me wonder what else is going on over at PremRat.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 29, 2011, 12:42:59 PMCould he claim to just be stating his opinion on medical and investment advice?  Brokers and doctors need licences to practice, I wonder where that line is.

Most of the time, these shills/charlatans do make a disclaimer, but they also often slip and give medical advice, thereby putting them in jeopardy.

Federal regulations, pronounced by nothing more than fiat from Federal agencies by unelected bureaucrats and published in the Federal Register, have by their nature, the EFFECT of law, though they are not laws themselves. But, if no one challenges these regulations, the sheeple become shackled because they allow themselves to be.

Similarly, if no one speaks up and notifies Federal agencies of possible wrongdoing by c2c and it's willing participants/guests/liars/shills/charlatans, then the Feds are likely unaware of any potential wrongdoing - hence people may believe you can change your blood pH via diet - which you cannot (I deal with blood pH in patients everyday - more another time/another thread).

Quote from: HAL 9000 on September 29, 2011, 02:08:02 PM
Most of the time, these shills/charlatans do make a disclaimer, but they also often slip and give medical advice, thereby putting them in jeopardy.

Similarly, if no one speaks up and notifies Federal agencies of possible wrongdoing by c2c and it's willing participants/guests/liars/shills/charlatans, then the Feds are likely unaware of any potential wrongdoing - hence people may believe you can change your blood pH via diet - which you cannot (I deal with blood pH in patients everyday - more another time/another thread).

I wonder if nothing has happened so far because of Noory's paltry audience draw, and frankly, the nature of that audience.  I rarely listen anymore, but seem to recall that his swerve to the medical topics is a recent thing.  Didn't he make some formal statement to this effect?

Noory should be held to the same standards as professionals, even if he isn't one.  My ass could be in a sling if I advised anyone in an area outside my specialty.  We police ourselves, to some extent, and I'd likely get a "WTF?" phone call from a colleague if I went rogue.  That makes quackery from amateurs even more dangerous, as these types of checks aren't present.  Or at least aren't likely to be.

Give em hell, HAL!

onan

I think the shills/quacks/fuck nuts get away with it because they are not actually treating anyone in the audience. Hence, it is considered entertainment. Then again I could be wrong. Kinda hope I am.

I also think the metric for free advice is pretty much the responsibility of the listener.

And not to sound to bitter, the listeners of what is called c2c, if they take it seriously deserve what they get.

Rico999

I skip the medical/health infomercials along with most of what's going on with Coast these days.  Went a whole week without listening last week -- not even to the first few minutes -- and I didn't miss it at all.   

Tonight LMH makes her monthly appearance, which is OK, but the first hour features "earth changes expert" Mitch Battros -- who seems to be on the program with regularity these days with his unintelligible and incoherent "reports" during the "news" segment.   What's this guy's appeal anyway?  Is it that he's into solar flares -- something George is hung up on?  The guy's an obvious quack -- more so than most of the guests, IMO.  That must be it.  The more absurd the theories/narrative of the guest, the better.

George tries to impress his listeners, boasting that the show's about the search for "truth," but I think it's really about the Snoron feeding his own ego, getting wealthy and to hell with everything else.  He's Lonesome Rhodes all over again and he's trying to make the most of the 15 minutes he's been allotted.

You ask me, this show has a lot of nails in it's coffin. 

Eddie Coyle

Amazingly, Noory has yet to land noted authority on Autism and child care issues....Jenny McCarthy.

Give it time.

Fractal

Wow, I was thinking along similar lines when I heard this nonsense about baking soda curing cancer, HAL9000, although I was thinking to notify the Skeptic Society and the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry.  I know CSI has had doctors writing about the anti-vaccination crowd for some time.

And what is this about cancer being caused by a fungus???  Sounds ridiculous to me.

Do you think notifying the AMA would do any good?  If the ABA hears about someone engaging in the unauthorized practice of law, they're usually on it like a chicken on a june bug.  Do you think the AMA would act in a similar manner in the case of C2C and its promotion of medical quackery?

Scully

I've written to Noory more than once about all his cancer coverage. He often writes back.

The words "quackery" and "deception" are evidently not part of George's limited vocabulary.  He argues that if he is helping only one person, it's worth the time it takes from the entertainment of selfish people like me.

Discuss amongst  yourselves.  ???

b_dubb

hey george ... what if it KILLS one person?  is that too much?  that's why they make it illegal to practice medicine without a license.  because people get DAMAGED

The General

Quote from: onan on September 29, 2011, 04:28:14 PM
I think the shills/quacks/fuck nuts get away with it because they are not actually treating anyone in the audience. Hence, it is considered entertainment. Then again I could be wrong. Kinda hope I am.

I also think the metric for free advice is pretty much the responsibility of the listener.

And not to sound to bitter, the listeners of what is called c2c, if they take it seriously deserve what they get.

C2C has become the audio equivalent of The National Enquirer. 
Caveat Emptor.