• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Catsmile

Quote from: Treading Water on June 01, 2014, 08:53:13 AM
I discovered a black snake in my back yard one afternoon a few years ago.  It was pretty large and I wasn't afraid of it, but I really didn't want it in my back yard. It was quite large and it was "looking" at me.  So I picked up a stick and poked it and thought it might just slither away.  Damn thing bit the stick and pulled it out of my hand!  It's speed and strength were amazing. 

I don't dislike snakes.  But I sure look out for them now.  And I give them plenty of room.  (Same with bears.  But I've never had a "personal" run-in with one of them.)   8)

Don't poke bears with sticks either.
They will take it away from you and poke you back. :P

eddie dean

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 01, 2014, 09:43:39 AM
Don't forget the lame FB game requests like Candy Crush. Those are like Jehovah Witnesses on the doorstep 24/7

I'm so glad I'm not on FB. If this is what happens, I'm  not missing much.
#NoRegrets

Jackstar

Quote from: area51drone on June 01, 2014, 09:08:34 AM
No wonder people are assholes, considering we evolved from these little fuckers millions of years ago.

Not undersanding how evolution works annoys me.

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2014, 01:31:02 PM
Not undersanding how evolution works annoys me.

Three or four guys jump someone then walk around and act like they did something great.  Similar to the "Four Horsemen."  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jackstar

Someone else finding my typos before I find them does not annoy me.

Catsmile

Oh boy this weeks Cosmos should drive a bunch of people crazy.
It deals with climate change.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2014, 02:00:49 PM
Someone else finding my typos before I find them does not annoy me.

What does annoy you?  I'd like to do as much of that as possible.

Jackstar

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 01, 2014, 10:24:53 PM
What does annoy you?  I'd like to do as much of that as possible.

Too much teeth. Get to work.

area51drone

Quote from: Catsmile on June 01, 2014, 07:23:24 PM
Oh boy this weeks Cosmos should drive a bunch of people crazy.
It deals with climate change.

great, should I even bother watching it?

bigchucka

Quote from: area51drone on June 02, 2014, 08:36:09 AM

I support the whole convert to solar and wind because it's better for the environment.  Don't support the whole planet is warming so everyone needs to give Al Gore money part.  Not that Al Gore was even brought up in the show, but he's been trying to pull that scam off for years now...

I thought last night's show was alright.

Catsmile

Quote from: area51drone on June 02, 2014, 08:36:09 AM

That is up 2 u, I can't answer that question for you.

In my eyes it was one of the better shows in the series, it's theme was about climate change. Some don't believe in climate change at all, some people do think climate change is real. I"m in the latter group, I don't know if it's man made, or just a cycle of nature. Either way it will disrupt society, some more than others.

Taxing carbon emissions is BS, that does nothing to solve the problem.
The sun, wind, geothermal, using resources more efficiently. Better built homes, better fuel mileage, more efficient appliances/electronics. Those are just a few things we can do to clean the environment, and reduce carbon emissions now. Not wait for some pie in the sky technology that is 10-50 years away.

I'm all for a cleaner environment, and moving away from, or reducing fossil fuels where possible. Civilization needs to build smarter, minimizing the disruptions and havoc brought on by nature, or man.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2014, 10:35:40 PM
Too much teeth. Get to work.

Let me ask my father if I can borrow his dentures.  I'll show you the meaning of 'too much teeth', Jack.

MrMajestik

People who call themselves 'foodies'.
Whenever I ask said people the definition of a foodie they basically state it's someone who likes food , particularly good tasting food.
So in other words it's EVERY FUCKING PERSON ON THE PLANET!
>:(

Jackstar

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 03, 2014, 07:31:58 AM
Let me ask my father if I can borrow his dentures.  I'll show you the meaning of 'too much teeth', Jack.

Making your father proud for once in his life isn't going to annoy me, Chuckles. Besides, won't you want to use your mother's pair? I, of course, know where she left them last.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 03, 2014, 04:40:30 PM
Making your father proud for once in his life isn't going to annoy me, Chuckles. Besides, won't you want to use your mother's pair? I, of course, know where she left them last.

I have no mother.  And it'd be a great help if you would return her teeth.  It's my turn.

Jackstar

This doesn't seem to be working out. How about you tell me about how some guys in a cave shut down NORAD on 9/11? That actually still does annoy me quite effectively, even after all these years.

Or play some Billy Joel.

jazmunda

Quote from: Jackstar on June 03, 2014, 08:36:22 PM
This doesn't seem to be working out. How about you tell me about how some guys in a cave shut down NORAD on 9/11? That actually still does annoy me quite effectively, even after all these years.

Or play some Billy Joel.

How about 10 hours of this:

http://youtu.be/eFbKKsEoQNg

Jackstar

I love that song. I don't know what to tell you.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 03, 2014, 08:36:22 PM

Or play some Billy Joel.

I'm only willing to give you Sting.

Jackstar

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 05, 2014, 06:13:22 AM
I'm only willing to give you Sting.

With or without the cops? This could get exciting!

And speaking of cops and things that may or may not annoy me, someone or someones shot up a Christian university in my city today. Where is the thread here, talking about how it may or may not be a terrorist conspiracy?

How will I know whether or not to blame Obomba? Snark snark snark!

Quote from: Jackstar on June 05, 2014, 07:54:20 PM
With or without the cops? This could get exciting!

And speaking of cops and things that may or may not annoy me, someone or someones shot up a Christian university in my city today. Where is the thread here, talking about how it may or may not be a terrorist conspiracy?

How will I know whether or not to blame Obomba? Snark snark snark!

Coincidentally, I was going to make a thread about that and decided against it.  Mostly because I didn't want you to post in it.  Three multiple victim shootings in about the span of a week, seemed like a good opportunity to discuss societal sickness and Art's theory of "The Quickening".

Jackstar

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 05, 2014, 09:21:31 PM
Coincidentally, I was going to make a thread about that and decided against it.  Mostly because I didn't want you to post in it.  Three multiple victim shootings in about the span of a week, seemed like a good opportunity to discuss societal sickness and Art's theory of "The Quickening".

You didn't want me to... you needed me to, Baby.  :-*

Mr. Fidget

Our military, able to enforce & quell IN THE US till 2020 if they don't axe it in 2015 is quite irritating.
http://scgnews.com/dod-documents-military-authorized-to-quell-civil-unrest-in-the-us

Jackstar

Interpreting legalese isn't my area of expertise, but parsing English is. It sounds like that order simply gives military commanders the ability to use their own discretion under certain circumstances, i.e., when the fit hits the shan.

Does it seem more nefarious than that somehow? They already have tanks and invisibility cloaks.

zeebo

Why do major news outlets continually use the term "bad guys".  It's silly, call them whatever they are (terrorists, murderers, thieves, etc.)

Btw, a related annoyance.  Why don't feminists ever lobby to change it to "bad people"?  Why the sexist stereotype that bad people are only men?

Birdie

One of the cats puked on my flip flop while I was sleeping. I use my flops as slippers/house shoes, so I put my foot in ice cold, gelled hairball puke trying to make my way to the bathroom when I first woke up. Yuck.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 06, 2014, 06:40:16 PM
Why do major news outlets continually use the term "bad guys".  It's silly, call them whatever they are (terrorists, murderers, thieves, etc.)

Btw, a related annoyance.  Why don't feminists ever lobby to change it to "bad people"?  Why the sexist stereotype that bad people are only men?
since you bring it up. I don't like hearing the term "guys" to refer to a mixed sexed (ok, same gendered) group of people or even a group of women or girls. But, in answer to your question, "guys" is now- as the PC crowd would have it- "gender neutral," no matter how silly and stupid that is.

Birdie

One of my biggest pet peeves is young waiters who refer to tables of older folk as guys. You do not walk up to a table of baby boomers or older and greet them, 'hey, guys,' no matter where you work, especially if woman are seated there. It is rude. I hate the whole casual-ing of everything that has been happening the past 20 years.