• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

RoseGirl

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 05, 2015, 01:18:41 PM

Wow...it takes a special kind of arrogance to sit naked on a white chair.

ponyboysunset

First of all I just want to say I am finally catching up on episodes I missed of MITD, and I loved the one about the end of the world war scenarios.

Second regarding the stream, I never listen to it. I am strictly a podcast listener, unless I am up that late. Why listen to a stream of stuff I sort of like, when I have literally thousands of podcasts I can listen to, not to mention lectures on any topic imaginable on youtube? I would, if it were me, concentrate on the time traveler content more. Then again I never listened to just one radio station growing up either.

And Gabrielle, what is the Mary Tyler Moore Show?  ;)

RoseGirl

Quote from: ponyboysunset on October 05, 2015, 01:35:50 PM
First of all I just want to say I am finally catching up on episodes I missed of MITD, and I loved the one about the end of the world war scenarios.

Second regarding the stream, I never listen to it. I am strictly a podcast listener, unless I am up that late. Why listen to a stream of stuff I sort of like, when I have literally thousands of podcasts I can listen to, not to mention lectures on any topic imaginable on youtube? I would, if it were me, concentrate on the time traveler content more. Then again I never listened to just one radio station growing up either.

And Gabrielle, what is the Mary Tyler Moore Show?  ;)

hey PBS....do you have Skype? Wanna be on my show tonight? I know we talked about it for last week, but this week works just fine too. Just send a contact request to my Skype at lasha.seniuk and I will accept you and then...blammo...girl show!

:)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 05, 2015, 01:39:57 PM
hey PBS....do you have Skype? Wanna be on my show tonight? I know we talked about it for last week, but this week works just fine too. Just send a contact request to my Skype at lasha.seniuk and I will accept you and then...blammo...girl show!

:)
Possibly if I am up that late. And if I can shamelessly plug my book no one can get. LMAO!!!
Back to Art Bell, also really enjoyed the open lines from Friday. I think I am going to stay up one night and actually call. I need to change my skype handle to princess ponyboy sunset of Art's Tarts...lol

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 05, 2015, 12:34:49 PM
I saw a Noory/Ashcraft '16 bumper sticker today

Yes, but what office to they seek?  I'm not certain where Dave's legal residence is, but St. Louis will be electing a High Commissioner for English as a Second Language Programs.

RoseGirl

Quote from: ponyboysunset on October 05, 2015, 01:43:33 PM
Possibly if I am up that late. And if I can shamelessly plug my book no one can get. LMAO!!!
Back to Art Bell, also really enjoyed the open lines from Friday. I think I am going to stay up one night and actually call. I need to change my skype handle to princess ponyboy sunset of Art's Tarts...lol

hey...good plan....we need an 'Art's Tarts' Skype handle for our princess-ness club. Yep...and I loved the open lines too. Great callers on Friday, eh?

oh and yes....plug your book as much as you want, girlfriend!

PaulAtreides

Quote from: gabrielle on October 05, 2015, 12:38:20 PM
Every time I think of the news segment now...all I can picture is Ted Baxter from the old Mary Tyler Moore Show.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Les Nessman.

TigerLily

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 05, 2015, 01:01:00 PM
Maybe some better content on weekends too....it's so lethargic on the stream and in the forum on weekends. Maybe reruns of Art's shows for the week or something? Just can't bring myself to listen to Ham Radio shows and more ghost stories. Besides, isn't the weekend when most people are at home and on their computers?
I suggested Bateman do Sat and Sun night shows on DMDN

RoseGirl

Quote from: TigerLily on October 05, 2015, 01:52:09 PM

Does Mr B do a weekend show? It'd be great if he did. I thought maybe I should do one....but nah...no one would listen to me. lol

RoseGirl

Hey....just thought of it....maybe they should schedule a regular weekly GabCast on Saturday night? I'd be listening to that!

TigerLily

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 05, 2015, 01:18:07 PM
True, yes. People should sign up to be Time Travelers for reruns of Art's shows. Good point. Still, though, something a bit more lively on weekends would be nice. Weekdays are just so kewl with Art and then RCH, the forum is like a party...and the weekends? Not so much. On Saturday and Sunday the forum is like an empty tent just a flappin' in the wind. Very sad.
And you know the trolls move in at night

TigerLily

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 05, 2015, 01:20:21 PM
Wow...it takes a special kind of arrogance to sit naked on a white chair.
If anyone can do it Leo can. OMG! Really really good Leo and really really bad Leo

TigerLily

Back to Art Bell, also really enjoyed the open lines from Friday. I think I am going to stay up one night and actually call. I need to change my skype handle toprincess ponyboy sunset of Art's Tarts.
Love ya darlin'  :-*

TigerLily

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 05, 2015, 01:47:29 PM
hey...good plan....we need an 'Art's Tarts' Skype handle for our princess-ness club. Yep...and I loved the open lines too. Great callers on Friday, eh?

oh and yes....plug your book as much as you want, girlfriend!
Kisses  :-*  :-*  :-*

TigerLily

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 05, 2015, 01:53:55 PM
Does Mr B do a weekend show? It'd be great if he did. I thought maybe I should do one....but nah...no one would listen to me. lol
Hey.....not true!

henge0stone

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 11:44:49 PM
I know we are honest but that guy was telling everybody he could that he slave 24 Hours a day and got zero for it. That makes us out to be cheaters and bad guys, he also posted a hundred dollar payment Keith sent as evidence of how we cheated him, so I guess I will delete the message but I just could not let those lies stand.

Art

I think it was a good move specifically when someone says you cheated them and got no money. He started this by defaming you and Keith so showing that he did get paid was warranted. 

TigerLily

Quote from: henge0stone on October 05, 2015, 02:06:45 PM
I think it was a good move specifically when someone says you cheated them and got no money. He started this by defaming you and Keith so showing that he did get paid was warranted.
Yep. But post it on Leo's too  8)

TigerLily

Quote from: henge0stone on October 05, 2015, 02:09:40 PM
haha, yes.
He will take it down right away but maybe we can round robin re-posting. You know like "post, post post the check. Liar crook and fiend.."

serenity

Quote from: TigerLily on October 05, 2015, 01:52:09 PM

Now theres and idea worth exploring!

If Art was mainly terrestrial I wouldn't mind the website. However, Art is pushing the what's next thing ("its not radio")-driving us to the site and using the site as the main point of contact with the Art Bell show. The site doesn't work as the gateway/first impression of the Art Bell show, especially on a mobile device. 

phrodo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 05, 2015, 02:55:07 PM
If Art was mainly terrestrial I wouldn't mind the website. However, Art is pushing the what's next thing ("its not radio")-driving us to the site and using the site as the main point of contact with the Art Bell show. The site doesn't work as the gateway/first impression of the Art Bell show, especially on a mobile device.

I have no problem with the site and listen to the archives on my phone often while at work to help keep monotony at bay. Not sure what the kvetching about the site is all about. It looks OK on a laptop -- drop down menus are prominent for navigation, and on a phone I just go to darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com and listen .. no problem.

PING

Quote from: VegasI15 on October 05, 2015, 11:09:45 AM

Speaking of which Art, how about Rich Little as the news guy?   8)

Phil Hendrie, as Art, doing the news. Or Bud Dickman. At least with Bud, we'd know the goofs were intentional.

cweb

I know John B Wells is doing his own thing, but he would be pretty sweet doing the news breaks.

I wonder if Howard Hughes (of The Unexplained) might have time and be interested?

RoseGirl

Quote from: cweb on October 05, 2015, 03:50:25 PM
I know John B Wells is doing his own thing, but he would be pretty sweet doing the news breaks.

I wonder if Howard Hughes (of The Unexplained) might have time and be interested?

ohhh....I love that Howard Hughes guys voice. He'd be great too! Or...hey...if you want a deep voiced lady with a subtle Canadian accent, just let me know! I'd be happy to do it....kinda like 'Scoop Seniuk' on the news beat.

*sigh*

Reminds me of my years as a newsprint reporter. *dabs gingerly at the side of her eye with a hanky*

Catsmile

Quote from: area51drone on October 05, 2015, 05:44:19 AM
Leo is hurt, he's lashing out because he knows that's the only real recourse he has.   The only thing you should be doing, Art, is ignoring the guy.  If anything, be apologetic to the man in the sense that you can say "sorry it didn't work out" but you don't have to kowtow to him either.   Let the negativity flow like Michio Kaku's river of time and the muddy water will clear.   Next, as I said before, get yourself that attorney who can make sure stuff like this never happens again.  Tell the attorney you don't want any drama, you want everything kept private and you want someone to manage this whole thing that you can trust.  Get a few names.  Of course that's going to cost, but in the long run it will be so much better for you.  Just find someone independent where you aren't their cash cow, that's important because people are greedy, as you just saw with Leo.   You may not see it, but it's somewhat likely that others around you may be that way as well.  Whoever it is that the attorney recommends, interview them all and check them out to be sure you aren't their only paycheck or one of a few of their only clients.

Troll !!!1

We've all learned of the non-compete clawz.
Nao it'z tiem we learn about tuh non-disclosure clawz.

For someone who doesn't like to be litigious on the front end of a deal, he sure seems quick to become litigious on the back end of a deal. When things aren't working out the way he would like. For someone like Art, who professes such high regard for the romantic notion of a gentlemans agreement... threatening legal action so quickly. Well that looks like bad form, Sir. Having a lawyer do your bidding after the fact, sure beats a duel at dawn. How rapidly romantic notions of chivalry evaporate when an impasse is met. So much for the old gentleman agreement... shit happens.

We nao return you to the gripping drama, As Dark Matter News Burns. 

b_dubb

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 05, 2015, 12:22:07 PM
Maybe Art should start a 'future development' fund, which could include this and other things he might consider helpful in the future. 

Most large companies have test systems that new things get put up on so they can iron out the bugs before it goes live.  I don't know if Keith has anything of that nature.
Keith could hire a php/MySQL web developer for $25 / hour and build the site into whatever is needed. I get the impression Keith is a hardware guy and hasn't done a lot of development. I'm guessing the DMDN and AB sites are Wordpress.

Catsmile

Quote from: area51drone on October 05, 2015, 05:55:41 AM
Maybe you don't like how C2C is laid out, but the back engine for finding content is far better than the DMDN site.  Essentially, what you have at DMDN is a blog of shows.  Wow, that must have taken a lot of work.   (Not)    If I want to find a specific guest, or date, I pretty much have to click through everything to find it.   It would be next to nothing to set up the archive correctly, and if it had been done properly from the beginning, it would not be a big task to add each show to the database.    The longer Keith waits to grow a pair and build the website the way it ought to be built, the harder that task is going to be.  It's like Falkie's apartment - it's so filthy and disgusting that it will never get done - Keith might dust a shelf or two but the actual work of organizing will never happen.     At some point, Art and Keith are going to LOSE subscribers because people don't just want to pay for easy access to the new shows - a huge part of it is being able to go back and relisten to the old stuff.    But apparently neither of these guys see it.  If Art were smart in this way, he'd demand it.    It wouldn't take a site redesign to do it, either.  It's a simple matter of building the infrastructure, and then Redacted could fill out the next show info and organize it in the right section as part of her daily routine.    Now that I really take a harder look at it, based on what I've seen, I am beginning to wonder if Keith even has the programming skills to complete such a task.   It seems as though he's thrown the DMDN together through a combination of off the shelf modules.
Quote from: onan on October 05, 2015, 06:04:02 AM
What this guy says.

Davebot!
Fall back into line!
Nuthugging commence... nao! :P 

EarthAlien007

Wow PBS, I had respect for you.
Since I refuse to listen to psychotic liars, I'll catch you next time you're on the Gabcast.