• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

cosmic hobo

Quote from: sorefinger on June 07, 2015, 07:27:56 PM
Wouldn't you be more competitive if you didn't spend so much time in a forum?

TROLL ALERT! SHIELDS UP!

Quote from: jazmunda on June 07, 2015, 07:25:15 PM
I don't know a single Australian who drinks Fosters. In fact I hardly ever see it in any liquor store here.

But... but that commercial embodied my entire scholarly knowledge of Australia.  Now I suppose you're going to tell me you don't know anyone who plays the didgeridoo every night by the barbie.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: jazmunda on June 07, 2015, 07:25:15 PM
I don't know a single Australian who drinks Fosters. In fact I hardly ever see it in any liquor store here.

The next thing you will probably tell me is that there aren't any  Outback Restaurants in Australia.  ;)

Zenman

Cool. I'm late to the party too.

Did Art answer "Hello, this is Art Bell, you're NOT on the air". Lol.

ItsOver

Quote from: Marc.Knight on June 07, 2015, 07:41:10 PM
The next thing you will probably tell me is that there aren't any  Outback Restaurants in Australia.  ;)
Ha!  That's where the dude from England drinks Fosters. 

Please don't tell me "Quigley Down Under" isn't a documentary.

sorefinger

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 07, 2015, 07:34:47 PM
TROLL ALERT! SHIELDS UP!

A troll is someone who bites you in the ass. Go bite yourself in your ass.

eddie dean

Quote from: thexfile on June 07, 2015, 05:03:33 AM
Looks like the dark stain has a higher pixel count.

I don't know much about image analysis, so I'm not sure what this comment means.
Does a higher pixel count in certain areas indicate the image is a fake, or otherwise manipulated to include the water/liquid?

eddie dean

Quote from: Marc.Knight on June 07, 2015, 07:41:10 PM

Or crocodile hunters. ;)

Catsmile

Quote from: SaucyRossy on Today at 04:00:03 PM

Well saying in 1995 that apple might not be around for ten years makes sense during that time period because John Scully had run the company into the ground and they were close to folding. No one really could've predicted Jobs return and him bringing apple back to where they are now.

Quote from: MV on June 07, 2015, 05:46:05 PM
anyone paying attention at that time would have believed "apple computer inc." was doomed.

Very true. Lets not forget who gave Apple a hand up during those bleak days, way back when. You know the days when Apple was running on it's own hardware platform with Motorola/IBM CPUs, and SCSI drives. A decade ago Apple migrated to the hardware platform that PCs have always used. Mac and Windows use the same basic hardware, only the OS is different.   

Apple Loses Appeal Over Copyrights
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/feb/22/apple-loses-appeal-over-copyrights/

Micro$oft invest 150 Million dollars in Apple.
http://news.cnet.com/Microsoft-to-invest-150-million-in-Apple/2100-1001_3-202143.html

The Amazing Story Of How Steve Jobs Took Apple From Near Bankruptcy
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-steve-jobs-took-apple-from-near-bankruptcy-to-billions-in-13-years-2011-1?op=1

"So, the era of setting this up as a competition between Apple and Microsoft is over as far as I'm concerned. This is about getting Apple healthy, this is about Apple being able to make incredibly great contributions to the industry and to get healthy and prosper again.”
  - Steve Jobs

lasertron

Quote from: Art Bell on June 07, 2015, 02:31:11 PM
Oh please, The IPhone is simply trouble free. Apple does a much better job of vetting the Apps that are available, there is no good argument against that. Android is also ok but if your going to place your digital life inside something I would opt for the safer one. Just my opinion.

Art

I'll be calling in from a landline of course
Let me know if you need my address to send my medal

SaucyRossy

But cat smile the real litmus test is who did more acid. Because really that's what counts.

wr250

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 08:18:53 PM
But cat smile the real litmus test is who did more acid. Because really that's what counts.
aldous wins.

Art Bell

I did not mean to touch off a platform War, it is just a fact that Apple vets the Apps really hard and as a result you are far less likely to get one with a bug or worse. Android also has advantages in that they get new stuff faster, both make great phones, it's a nice first World problem.

Art

lasertron

Quote from: Art Bell on June 07, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
I did not mean to touch off a platform War, it is just a fact that Apple vets the Apps really hard and as a result you are far less likely to get one with a bug or worse. Android also has advantages in that they get new stuff faster, both make great phones, it's a nice first World problem.

Art

lonevoice

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 07, 2015, 06:50:23 PM
We'll tag team the phoneboard next time.  ;)
Quote from: PathoJen on June 07, 2015, 06:24:59 PM
Next time!!!
Can I get in on this too?  Maybe next time Art will run a test just for the 3 of us.  Really, he should.  ;D

jerry

hmmm, I really just don't understand why ANYONE would want or need internet activity on a "phone".....

Phones are too small, too expensive,,, and by definition, for telephone calls.... desktop pcs are for computing stuff...   :)

lasertron

Quote from: jerry on June 07, 2015, 08:50:38 PM
hmmm, I really just don't understand why ANYONE would want or need internet activity on a "phone".....

yes you do

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jerry on June 07, 2015, 08:50:38 PM

It's how I'll be listening to Art when on the road. So that's one good reason right there.

Plus, cat memes.

grizpsych

Quote from: Art Bell on June 07, 2015, 02:31:11 PM
Oh please, The IPhone is simply trouble free. Apple does a much better job of vetting the Apps that are available, there is no good argument against that. Android is also ok but if your going to place your digital life inside something I would opt for the safer one. Just my opinion.

Art
You should get a new phone.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/01/21/nsa-leaker-edward-snowden-refuses-to-use-apples-iphone-over-spying-concerns---report

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/10/quotw_ending_8_may/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/07/mac_malware/

lonevoice

Pages and pages of platform wars at the same time Art is running his test reminds me of what Dave said when he called the gabcast:

I guess you can say that...uh, my timing is strangely acute and intuitive maybe, that whenever Art's doing his thing I seem to crop up a little bit more.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: lonevoice on June 07, 2015, 09:07:51 PM
Pages and pages of platform wars at the same time Art is running his test reminds me of what Dave said when he called the gabcast:

Yeah, I apologize for my part in taking the bait and trying to make my point about something that is generally pointless and derailing the thread away from Art, the tests, and the new show.

My bad everyone.

That answer would have made a politician blush.  Pretty cringe worthy stuff.  George seems to be substituting 'intuition' for 'coincidence', or maybe I just don't understand what he is trying to say.

edit:  had to re-edit that for weird word substitutions.  Not sure where my mind is today.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on June 07, 2015, 07:49:56 PM
Ha!  That's where the dude from England drinks Fosters. 

Please don't tell me "Quigley Down Under" isn't a documentary.
But "Wake In Fright" is.  "The Plumber" is also.......considering how much plumbers charge also scary. I aint going there! ;)

ItsOver

Ah well, you know how rowdy we vaguely loveable pirates can get, when we're not boarding ships, burying booty, or making Dave walk the plank.

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on June 07, 2015, 07:18:08 PM
Throw a shrimp on and it will be authentically Aussie. *

* I have never thrown a shrimp on the Barbie.

http://youtu.be/Xn_CPrCS8gs

Omg jaz saw that on TV as a kid in st Louis! Hilarious with the cooler n nose cream!