• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 01, 2018, 02:21:16 PM
This is why I supported the legal move to force eHarmony and other non-religious dating sites to provide LGBT options.  PBS, you should be able to search out somebody with an outlook on life, sexuality, and lifestyle (plus looks) that you want in your mate.  Those algorithms really work, or so I hear.
Thanks. Lol. I just don’t get the butch thing. Bleh.

ItsOver

Quote from: Faustina on May 01, 2018, 02:32:37 PM
Heather refused to allow a fill-in host, preventing MITD from airing live shows, resulting in Keith having to air replays that were already available to its subscribers.  I would bet that violated the terms of her contract.  Keith said he was consulting attorneys over this matter last week. 

I'm not clear on why Keith could not just have disregarded Heather's wishes and gotten a fill-in host anyhow, however.

"Look, Mr. Rowland, wait two weeks, and if Ms. Wade is still a no-show, you're home free.  Can her ass."

Morgus

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 01, 2018, 02:26:17 PM
her social media links being removed from the website is the smoking gun, right?
Yep, the removal of all the HW links on the MITD webpage is very telling.

Also the email Keith sent to the subscribers today:
QuoteDear fellow Time Travelers,

I’m sorry to report, that Heather has chosen not to produce a show or provide a capable fill-in host. In addition, she has taken away any chance of us getting our own fill-in host. This makes it impossible to have live shows in the interim, which most of you have requested.

Consequently, MITD is seeking a replacement host, which is the only option we have to move forward with Art Bell's legacy. I believe I can pull this off by next Monday. I’m excited by the candidates on the short list and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I hope all of you enjoyed my tribute to Art Bell shows these last few days. I enjoyed putting them together.

Your hard-working servant, Keith

Morgus

Quote from: Juan on May 01, 2018, 02:29:00 PM
Remember how Coast introduced Mike Siegel? On his last few broadcasts, Art interviewed some of the old standby guests. Then when Siegel started, he interviewed the same guests. Then he got a cat. He was set up for failure. Much the same as with Heather.
Yep, I remember the fake "Vanna the cat" Seagull talked about...

Sean92008

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 01, 2018, 02:34:50 PM
Thanks. Lol. I just don’t get the butch thing. Bleh.
The straight for a day experience I had was a close-cropped girl.  Humm, I guess she was butch.  Maybe girls look for a butch in their relationship to fulfill an optic that is force fed upon us from childhood. Barbie, Ken...

We all need love, affection and contact.  If the religious idiots would have let it happen through the ages, think of the suffering it would have saved.

Taco Bell

I hope there's a stipulation in the new host's contract to not own a cat(s) or talk about cats for any length of time.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on May 01, 2018, 02:38:57 PM
Ha, yeah.  Speaking of Vanna, please no cat lady riots.

http://youtu.be/-HT2nDpSWZA

Lord Grantham

Remember how Coast introduced Mike Siegel? On his last few broadcasts, Art interviewed some of the old standby guests. Then when Siegel started, he interviewed the same guests. Then he got a cat. He was set up for failure. Much the same as with Heather.

Vanna! My cat Vanna! Oy vey!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 01, 2018, 02:21:16 PM
This is why I supported the legal move to force eHarmony and other non-religious dating sites to provide LGBT options.  PBS, you should be able to search out somebody with an outlook on life, sexuality, and lifestyle (plus looks) that you want in your mate.  Those algorithms really work, or so I hear.

That’s bullshit. If they want a dating forum and a market exists someone will build it. Making a private company that created a product to serve one market modify that product to serve other markets is government overreach.

If a company makes men’s underwear can the government force them to make women’s underwear?

If a company makes the best ice cream can the government force them to make a lactose-free equivalent?

If a radio station plays heavy metal should the government force them to include a C&W and disco song once every hour?

p.s. and we want our rainbow back.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 01, 2018, 01:50:17 PM

Yeah, my husband thinks she was Art’s Twinkie in the Desert.  :P
I had the impression art préfèred younger Asian women ,
Asian both by nationality and culture   Heather is américain,
Is thoroughl'y americanised, and is  as American as you can get despite some Chinese ancestors.  For men who prefer Asians, Heather would not be satisfactory.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 01, 2018, 02:40:53 PM
I hope there's a stipulation in the new host's contract to not own a cat(s) or talk about cats for any length of time.

Unless it is recipes.

chefist

Quote from: Morgus on May 01, 2018, 02:38:57 PM

I'm glad I missed that...sounds terrible...

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 01, 2018, 02:42:51 PM
That’s bullshit. If they want a dating forum and a market exists someone will build it. Making a private company that created a product to serve one market modify that product to serve other markets is government overreach.

If a company makes men’s underwear can the government force them to make wonen’s underwear?

If a company makes the best ice cream can the government dorce them to make a lactose-free equivalent?

If a radio station plays heavy metal should the government force them to include a C&W and disco song once every hour?

p.s. and we want out rainbow back.

There was a legal caveat in the proceedings...  I don't remember the nuances but I remember that I agreed with their validity.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 01, 2018, 02:45:03 PM
Proofread your posts. It will help your cause.

I thought that was one of my better first drafts.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 01, 2018, 02:48:20 PM
I thought that was one of my better first drafts.

You got one of them, can you find the other? Tick tock, tick tock.

Corona Kitty

Haha he was my favorite

Kolchak

Quote from: KEEF ROLO
I’m sorry to report, that Heather has chosen not to produce a show or provide a capable fill-in host. In addition, she has taken away any chance of us getting our own fill-in host.

What did he mean by this? He couldn't just choose his own host? That seems to be exactly what he's doing.

aldousburbank

p.s. and we want out rainbow back.

I still have my original one that asswipe Jesse Jackson tried to steal in the '80's. And I've got to an alarm installed on it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 01, 2018, 02:49:02 PM
You got one of them, can you find the other? Tick tock, tick tock.

I think you missed one. I found three.

When you only have one eye, and that one has cataracts and requires a 4.0 reading lens it’s probably not a goodbidea to make long posts on an iphone. That’s fine. I sometimes catch them after I post. Sometimes I don’t really give a fuck. And most time people can tell what I meant.

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 01, 2018, 10:33:24 AM
I said that! But God knows how many times I've been wrong before. Also, do you ever notice how little people actually read what's been written before? lol

# 2BusyTyping2Read
# LurkMoar 

GravitySucks

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 01, 2018, 02:50:20 PM
I still have my original one that asswipe Jesse Jackson tried to steal in the '80's. And I've got to an alarm installed on it.

Speaking of that, is the Rainbow Family still a thing in National Parks?  I haven’t heard about them in years.

Heather "Art Bell was my best friend and mentor" Wade:

- upon Art's passing she never once mentioned Art's immediate family on her social media pages

- she says via twitter - 'ill carry on Art's legacy and continue hosting MITD'

-  she becomes unhinged and starts lashing out on social media. including calling George Knapp a "vulture"

- after a few days off she claims she can no longer host MITD because she's suffering too much

- didn't attend Art's funeral (allegedly)

- claimed to be designing Art's headstone aka "cuckstone"

- didn't show up to co-host Art Bell Tribute show w/ Karen on KNYE

- 2 weeks after Arts passing she still hasn't returned to MITD

- Keith Rowland scrubs her social media links form MITD.com

- it's unknown if Heather will remain living in the cuck shed

K_Dubb

Quote from: Kolchak on May 01, 2018, 02:50:09 PM
What did he mean by this? He couldn't just choose his own host? That seems to be exactly what he's doing.

Yah that puzzled me.  Best I can come up with is how you characterize the gig to the new guy.  Maybe if Heather is coming back you tell him he's a fill-in, if not he's a replacement.  By leaving the question open Heather made him pick the latter.

paladin1991

Quote from: brig on May 01, 2018, 11:58:32 AM
I think MV and Bateman, sometimes separately, sometimes together, sometimes in a roundtable with Keith and other budding hosts  as fill ins, or included in roundtables would be great.  Current Events, History, Crime, Paranormal, Something for everyone, and a surprise every night.

Now that's what I'm talking about.  With a separate call in for 'gabbers, lest the lunacy and perpetual soiree that is BellGab take over.

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 01, 2018, 02:55:51 PM
Yah that puzzled me.  Best I can come up with is how you characterize the gig to the new guy.  Maybe if Heather is coming back you tell him he's a fill-in, if not he's a replacement.  By leaving the question open Heather made him pick the latter.

I think she probably told him she wouldn’t approve any of his choices, that only she could name a guest host. That’s the way I read it.

K_Dubb

Aye, the legendary cuckstone.  We can all tell our children we were there when it was conceived.

Catsmile

Quote from: chefist on May 01, 2018, 11:13:32 AM
It would have to be someone with another source of income, I believe. I could not imagine this position paying much of anything. It would be more for a person to promote themselves and their other revenue streams.

It was Heaths full time job for 2 years, and she owns her own estate now. Therefore the pay must be pretty darn good... # Am I Rite

Roswells, Art

p.s. and we want our rainbow back.

Not only that but wasn't eHarmony busted for putting people together that weren't matched just to see what would happen?

On another note, my high school best friend has been married to her husband for five years, last I checked. She met him on match.com. She was really pretty and I liked her personality so someone lucked out.