• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

midnight

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 04, 2013, 10:44:26 PM

I'm thinking maybe there is still some negotiation going on. I'm going to hold out hope and see what we hear over the next week. Maybe there's still some hope that this can be salvaged.

I hope so, cause I wanna know what this thing is on Mars.....Back towards the skyline--

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/2/p/728/2P191002092EFFAMOAP2443R1M1.JPG

bud2112

While passionate satellite radio fans may not want to hear it, his reasons for leaving boiled down to three main things:
SiriusXM’s web player is notoriously unreliable, causing a loss of subscribers and a degraded listening experience for those who remain listening online. For a “caller driven” show, the caller pool for art’s show is just too small.
    International listeners have no legitimate way to hear the show. -http://siriusbuzz.com/art-bell-leaves-siriusxm.php

Luna

I believe that one main reason for wanting to stream his show live is to reach out to listeners from all over the world wo are missing out on his new show. I would be sad if I couldn't hear his new show myself.

bloodmark

Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2013, 12:44:23 AMI would be sad if I couldn't hear his new show myself.

You can't hear his new show yourself. And make no mistake, it's because Art decided not to do the show he agreed to do tonight. He has air time on Sirius which he has chosen not to use. If he felt an obligation to his audience to do a show, he would be on tonight.

I understand his frustration about a portion of the audience having trouble streaming, but that was not an issue for the entire audience. To expect the company (which he is being paid to produce a show for) to give away their product for free is simply not a reasonable request.

Art took his ball and went home, even though his fans spent money to make it possible for him to play again to begin with. Very disappointing. I love Art's shows, but just refusing to do shows because Sirius won't give them away for free is simply unreasonable. We have no show to listen to because of Art's refusal to do it.

midnight

I was surprised at how sad I was about the announcement tonight.  It is actually more telling about myself than about who quit what.  When Art first gave indications that he would be back, I remember saying that to hear a good live show from him just once, it would be worth it, and it was.  No matter what happens, I have no regrets about it.  Disappointment, yes, but no regrets.  If he came back again, would I listen to him?  Well of course I would because all I want is a good show.

In the end, true geniuses are rarely good business people.  They're usually high strung with strange ways that sometimes don't make sense to others.  Also, the worst time to make important decisions is when you're in pain or on medication.  Back pain is serious, and puts many out of work for weeks or months, and also sometimes requires a lot of medication.  I was bitten by a spider several years ago in almost the same place Art was, and it hurt like hell for two weeks, along with making me very ill.  This is not making excuses, these are just facts.  A lot happened these past two weeks.  Maybe it contributed, maybe not.  So whatever happened, (And regardless of what little we've heard, none of us know for sure) in the end, it's only a radio show with a really, really good host.

Peace everyone.
It's after midnight, and I'm sleepy.

After a long history of abrupt "retirements", a two month run after a load of media hype turn this show into a self-parody.

I love Art and would listen if he came back. But after so many of us spent money on this it really does feel like he just turned his back on his fanbase.

Can't wait for the next gabCast. My new favorite show.

bloodmark

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 05, 2013, 01:19:45 AM
I love Art and would listen if he came back. But after so many of us spent money on this it really does feel like he just turned his back on his fanbase.

Basically. It's not like Sirius cancelled him or anything like that. He has a show that he's refusing to do. He's the one who has chosen to not live up to his end of the agreement.

Alien Queen

Well here we go again.  Will any of us listen if Art starts again - anywhere - anytime?  Of course we will.  We are just in shock right now.  Give Art a few days to work this out.  I wonder if one of the three A's is not happy with him broadcasting again?  I wonder if someone is homesick?  I just wonder.  Keep the faith, he has retired alot but so far he keeps coming back.  I got a free Sirius Radio when I tried to cancel, so that's a good thing.  I feel renewed that I got to hear Art again, don't get to upset, it may be for nothing.  Art is good at coming back. 

Quote from: bloodmark on November 05, 2013, 01:22:41 AM
Basically. It's not like Sirius cancelled him or anything like that. He has a show that he's refusing to do. He's the one who has chosen to not live up to his end of the agreement.

Yeah. And that's a really bitch move in my opinion.

However, let me say that I admit we don't know the real details of the situation. But this all does seem to be a manufactured crisis. It would be easy to just not have to worry about open lines at all, and then the issue is a complete non-starter. We are all listening to Art for his interviewing style. And maybe some news. Problem solved.

georgesucks

Yes Art does has a history of leaving a radio shows. Art you are the radio show host who called wolf one to much.

Murder101

From Artbell.com
We are sorry that Dark Matter on SiriusXM has come to an abrupt end. We'll examine our options and may be able to return in a different format and medium.

In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often

Quote from: Murder101 on November 05, 2013, 01:37:10 AM
From Artbell.com
We are sorry that Dark Matter on SiriusXM has come to an abrupt end. We'll examine our options and may be able to return in a different format and medium.

In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often

"Can't say anything yet, stay tuned"

We played this game already.

midnight

Well, I'm still on this ride as long as it lasts.  It's full of a lot of thrills and chills that's for sure.  Now I'm really going to bed.  Nite all......

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 05, 2013, 01:39:12 AM

Holy shit. Talk about having some chutzpah!

Yeah, Art,  fool the people 6 times shame on them; fool them SEVEN times...

Unreal ha ha ha

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 05, 2013, 01:54:55 AM

Holy shit. Talk about having some chutzpah!

Yeah, Art,  fool the people 6 times shame on them; fool them SEVEN times...

Unreal ha ha ha

So unimpressed and fed up with all of this. It was a nice 2 months

phrodo

Don't think that was Art saying "Can't say anything yet, stay tuned" - haven't seen that anywhere except his twitter during his original tease. Apparently it's Agent Orange 'editorializing'??

Quote from: phrodo on November 05, 2013, 01:58:26 AM
Don't think that was Art saying "Can't say anything yet, stay tuned" - haven't seen that anywhere except his twitter during his original tease. Apparently it's Agent Orange 'editorializing'??

Absolutely. But I was editorializing what appeared on Art's site,

"In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often"

I don't think I misrepresented this too badly.

mombird3

I am sad about the show ending. This was a big disappointment to those who had the Sirus radio. I did not want to purchase one since it was expensive. My dial up computer cannot stream. I am so shocked.

Luna

I'm trying to get people to sign this petition to show Sirius XM and Art Bell how much we want him back. It's a plea to allow him to stram his show live on his site. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/artbell/

BobGrau

Well, screw art bell and indeed bellgab. Have a nice life folks!

onan

Quote from: BobGrau on November 05, 2013, 05:03:48 AM
Well, screw art bell and indeed bellgab. Have a nice life folks!

What did Bellgab do to you?

Spooky Matter

As the night has gone on I have found myself just so disgusted with this guy.  How many fucking times can he just bail?  No info for his listeners.  No communication through fucked up FB.  Instead he removes it!  Nothing of substance on his website.  I have zero respect for him right now.  This is just wrong!  And what's with the fucking petition?  You must be wasted.  I didn't think pathetic could be squared but a petition is pathetic fucking squared!  He is just rude and has no respect for his listeners or he would have TALKED instead of playing head games.  And fucking Noory with the crown.  The whole thing has a stench I'm just not into.  Fuck I hate petitions and people who sign them!

Spooky Matter

Lame petitions, that is.  "Ohhhh how could you do this to Art Bell when people were having so much trouble, wah wah wah.  He didn't know it would be like this, he's a big baby with mommy issues and you should not treat him this way."

If he has nothing up his sleeve I say he fucked up, so fuck him.  He'd better have a good long explanatory speech up on that website today!

I never had one second of trouble with Sirius. 

toastycoasty

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 05, 2013, 01:39:12 AM

FUCK this game! 'Stay tuned' applies when things are in the works, like DM was. Let's just all realise that Art's heart isn't in it, for whatever reason. He doesn't give a shit for anyone playing along at home.

Lunger

Well, I just canceled my SiriusXM account.....It was nice while it lasted.

fave

Quote from: Lunger on November 05, 2013, 07:19:26 AM
Well, I just canceled my SiriusXM account.....It was nice while it lasted.

I paid for the full year, anyone want the rest of my account 1/2 price :)

dungiven

I opened the "Box of Crazy" on the Dark Matter web site. Art was in it.

fave

Maybe he has serious mental issues, what else could explain this? Would it have been so hard for him to "tough" it out for a little while on air while they figure out an alternative way to do the show?  Certainly would have shown more respect for those of us who have spent good money with Sirius.

Or maybe it's just his way of pushing his weight around with Sirius so they relent and give in on the free live streaming.

Lunger

Quote from: fave on November 05, 2013, 07:27:02 AM
I paid for the full year, anyone want the rest of my account 1/2 price :)

I was month to month but they gave me a refund of the unused balance.

fave

Quote from: Lunger on November 05, 2013, 07:42:39 AM
I was month to month but they gave me a refund of the unused balance.

I'm going to call them today to see if I can get some money back.