• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: Azzerae on May 06, 2018, 03:17:13 PM
You also gotta be tuff with callers - something Heather isn't. She keeps them on too long, and let's 'em waffle. Guess she has always been a bit lacking in many phone-ins (being that she's the shadow woman of Art's now fading legacy).
Her gut instinct is to keep them on the line.  976-BELL is paid by the minute.

Taco Bell

Quote from: dsz on May 06, 2018, 03:36:12 PM
This Schlitz was so good. Apparently everyone else hated it. Is it still in production?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/106/42303/

It was reintroduced 6 or 7 years ago. Not sure about now. There was quite a blitz when it came back.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 03:17:23 PM
I hope her best with her new program, and as for the last program, whatever happened, I don't blame anyone for trying.  Everyone has to try.  There can be no great success without a high risk of failure IMO

What really happened?  We will never know I'm going to guess,  just stories, and rumors of stories, ....  and excuses.

I don't think she'll get much beyond where she is now.  She should really change the name to Maiden In Terrible Distress.

She's like the anti-Art.  Art had a huge ego, but was still curious about other people and what they had to say.  She is horribly self-conscious and, yet, seems be the most interesting person she's ever met.  Two opposing paradoxes.

Kolchak

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 03:41:53 PM
I don't think she'll get much beyond where she is now.  She should really change the name to Maiden In Terrible Distress.

She's like the anti-Art.  Art had a huge ego, but was still curious about other people and what they had to say.  She is horribly self-conscious and, yet, seems be the most interesting person she's ever met.  Two opposing paradoxes.

"Aw, shucks. This isn't about me. But now that you mention it, have you heard the story about how I once was abducted DURING an OBE?"

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 03:41:53 PM

What do you think of "Maiden Alone in the Desert"?

DynamoHum

Exhibit 2 in the photoshop from hell collection

chefist

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 06, 2018, 03:38:31 PM
It was reintroduced 6 or 7 years ago. Not sure about now. There was quite a blitz when it came back.

The only old school beer I can kind of stomach is Pabst. I haven't tried Schlitz...or Hamm's...but a solid no on Blatz, Stag, Black Label and Falstaff

Kolchak

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 06, 2018, 03:47:57 PM
Exhibit 2 in the photoshop from hell collection

Artbelllegacy.com should probably, once finished, include an un-doctored photo of Art Bell and his legacy in the same room.

ShayP

This Schlitz was so good. Apparently everyone else hated it. Is it still in production?

"Good" is a loose term.  ;D  I did drink the regular stuff in the past but screw the other stuff...which I have tried. (blue bull and the red bull brand ~ not the energy drink)

Yes it is still available.  Brewed by a different company though.

AZZERAE

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 03:48:22 PM
The only old school beer I can kind of stomach is Pabst. I haven't tried Schlitz...or Hamm's...but a solid no on Blatz, Stag, Black Label and Falstaff

Ha ha, where'd you get a Black Label?

chefist

Quote from: Azzerae on May 06, 2018, 03:50:37 PM
Ha ha, where'd you get a Black Label?

Ha...Champaign Illinois in college.

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 06, 2018, 03:47:58 PM
Did I see a mention about kegs?

Kegs are a necessity!   8)

I'll bring the Iron City.  :D

ShayP

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 03:46:40 PM

No.  She would adopt an Iron Maiden theme and I will not have my favorite band besmirched by her.   :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 03:46:40 PM

Ye gods that's good!  'Pon my honor m'lady I'll save ye

albrecht

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/106/42303/
Apparently they altered the formula and also weren't as good as AB or Miller in standardizing brewing in other locations. They tried a 'come back' with the original formula a few years back. I guess it didn't really take. I thought it was pretty good- for the type of beer we are talking about. It is still sold but, I suspect, like many others of the used-to-be-popular or regional beers it is contracted out and owned by some consortium. Essentially using the "name."

trostol

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 25, 2015, 09:47:34 PM

You're on the list.  Got any ideas on how you could promote Midnight In The Desert?  Are you on myface?  Are you on twitter?  Do you have photoshop skills?  Have you called your local radio station?  We will find a way to put our resident Chef & Chemist to work, mu ha haa.

why was Chef on her face?

Quote from: morgana213 on May 06, 2018, 03:29:07 PM
If this is the case I want my (dark secret program) tax dollars back.  Someone did not do the breaking down of her personality very well....or maybe they did....  :(  IG, you have a point.

Edit: Was Art working for the secret government and was he Heather's handler?  It could explain some of her crazy.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

I was trying to be funny and inappropriate (my default) but you might have a good point.

aldousburbank

I don't see how you all can be going on about beer and stuff at this critical time when Jimmy Chunga is about to take over MITD. Focus people!

AZZERAE

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 03:51:32 PM
Ha...Champaign Illinois in college.

Are we talking about the same one?

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 03:48:22 PM
I have to admit I've been liking Hamm's recently when I noticed it got reintroduced in my market. Cheap, fairly good taste, and good for the type of beer we are talking about, something to swill watching a game or when mowing the lawn, fishing, etc.