A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 13, 2013, 01:46:59 AM

Sadly and widespread is that trait. The net (Youtube, David Icke forum et al) is overflowing with 'research'; based almost entirely on the re posting of the utter uninformed bollox that they come across on someone's uninformed website, which has page after page of similar 'research'.

Well said.

Scully

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 12, 2013, 09:10:26 AM
I hate to gloat, but...

Seems now Wells' opening hour is to be routinely devoted to his shtick of anti-govt aspersions and conspiracy fantasy. Reeves?  Radio host my ass.  A basement web streamer-poseur who's conflated all the "forbidden archaeology" related to North America he's heard on C2C in 15+ years into a screwy..and baseless...Masonic-Annunaki-OT melange of concealment and deception.  A prop for Wells; nothing more.

Prem Radio has clearly turned up the gain on making C2C the late night fix for Beck's "patriotic" paranoia fans.  Smooth, soft-spoken Wells and his ilk of paranoia feeders are poison for America.  After hearing some of Friday's waste of radio spectrum, I predict Noory will be gone in 2013, replaced by JBW.

Add me to the list of those who think you did a great job of summing it all up, Geezer.

I was sucked back into trying one more episode of John Boy's weekly hate fest because of the intriguing topic as written up on the C2C website promising a full 4 hours without the usual first hour digression into multiple varieties of crap.

When the entire first hour quickly became pure Wellsian darkness, I turned off the radio and tried again at the start of the second hour.  As I listened to Reeves (or tried to), my mental imagery was of someone whose eyes were slightly wild and who had a bit of drool coming from the side of his mouth.  I also had the distinct impression that Wells was leading the guy by the nose down his own garden path. 

I had given up by the last 40 minutes, so I didn't get to hear the show return to the topic I had been eager to hear about.

Hopefully this will be the last time I do the same thing over again, expecting a different result.  John Boy, as he so succinctly told me in his email response, is just not for me.  :P

awake

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 13, 2013, 01:46:59 AM

Sadly and widespread is that trait. The net (Youtube, David Icke forum et al) is overflowing with 'research'; based almost entirely on the re posting of the utter uninformed bollox that they come across on someone's uninformed website, which has page after page of similar 'research'.

Indeed, I heard a guest who starting talking about his online research and how amazing it was that the stories on the individual sites seemed amazingly familiar and how THAT similarity added credence to the phenomenon.  I think it was chem trails, but it could have been just about anything.  Anyway, as I was listening to this person and just baffled that the conclusion he didn't reach was that they were all stealing material from one another with some embellishments. 

It goes deeper with the "woo" crowd generally, I believe.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Scully on May 13, 2013, 02:18:10 AM

Add me to the list of those who think you did a great job of summing it all up, Geezer.

I was sucked back into trying one more episode of John Boy's weekly hate fest because of the intriguing topic as written up on the C2C website promising a full 4 hours without the usual first hour digression into multiple varieties of crap.

When the entire first hour quickly became pure Wellsian darkness, I turned off the radio and tried again at the start of the second hour.  As I listened to Reeves (or tried to), my mental imagery was of someone whose eyes were slightly wild and who had a bit of drool coming from the side of his mouth.  I also had the distinct impression that Wells was leading the guy by the nose down his own garden path. 

I had given up by the last 40 minutes, so I didn't get to hear the show return to the topic I had been eager to hear about.

Hopefully this will be the last time I do the same thing over again, expecting a different result.  John Boy, as he so succinctly told me in his email response, is just not for me.  :P
Thnx Scully.  My real problem with Wells' "Be ready for the uprising" rantings is that his calm, soothing delivery is highy persuasive to the real paranoids who sit cleaning their AK47s while while they absorb his poison.  I've heard more than one Wells caller who sounded disturbingly ready to do something more than nod in agreement with Wells seditious poison.  Too little was made of the older Boston bomber's internet files showing he was a big fan of Alex J.

Nebraska888

The bottom line........

Josh Reeves, whether one agrees with his "research" or not........was not given the opportunity to discuss what he originally came to Coast to discuss.  Wells did a preamble and "baited" the listeners as to how interesting Reeves would be......and then, AS USUAL.......screwed up the intended topic with CONSPIRACIES, GOVERNMENT COVERUPS, GRAB YOUR GUNS, ETC......

As I said in my email to Knapp......hey, I am always ready to listen to programs, occasionally. about coverups and conspiracies......but, a regular Saturday night dose of this stuff is BORING! :P

RedMichael

What is crazy is that Wells, who has no talk hosting experience before C2C (I don't count reading the news for a year like four decades ago), no solid work history, no discernible skill at narrating a conversation, uses C2C as a vehicle to plug his site, has no remotely consistent variety to his shows, but has a pleasant voice....probably stands a frighteningly reasonable chance at replacing Noory when he retires.

At this point, as much as I hate to say it, I don't want Noory to retire. I remember an old job where a boss got fired upward to some harmless position, I remember talking to one of the guys that had a year or two left before retirement. I distinctly remember saying:

"Well at least it can't be any worse than our old boss."

and without hesitation he replied

"Don't ever expect that, it can always get worse."

He was right.

I'd rather listen to bad science and frauds than extreme/insane politics...if you can call it politics.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2013, 10:11:26 AM

He'll go apeshit when he finds out that the royal families of a great deal of Europe around that time all look the same! Women with beards, blokes with tits...real scary stuff!  ;D ..

I'm not suggesting they're inbred you understand, but they'd have found a sympathetic ear in the Appellations.

It's funny. We call out inbreds over here "rednecks." In Europe, they call them Royalty.

Nebraska888

Quote from: RedMichael on May 13, 2013, 09:43:41 PM
What is crazy is that Wells, who has no talk hosting experience before C2C (I don't count reading the news for a year like four decades ago), no solid work history, no discernible skill at narrating a conversation, uses C2C as a vehicle to plug his site, has no remotely consistent variety to his shows, but has a pleasant voice....probably stands a frighteningly reasonable chance at replacing Noory when he retires.

At this point, as much as I hate to say it, I don't want Noory to retire. I remember an old job where a boss got fired upward to some harmless position, I remember talking to one of the guys that had a year or two left before retirement. I distinctly remember saying:

"Well at least it can't be any worse than our old boss."

and without hesitation he replied

"Don't ever expect that, it can always get worse."

He was right.

I'd rather listen to bad science and frauds than extreme/insane politics...if you can call it politics.

I completely agree!  As bad a Noory is, I'd prefer him because he invites interesting guests who generally "take the ball" and lead the interview.  If John B. Wells would become Noory's replacement, we have on our hands nothing but another ALEX JONES every single night.  For me, after being a listener since the beginning of Coast to Coast, that would be the END OF THE LINE.    :-[

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 13, 2013, 03:24:08 PM
  Too little was made of the older Boston bomber's internet files showing he was a big fan of Alex J.

That's because there is a conspiracy: The 'left/commie/liberal/ruskie (delete as applicable) press are protecting Alex Jones; that well known left/commie/liberal/ruskie Obama loving, pinko liberal commie bastard. Oh hang on...

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 14, 2013, 07:31:09 AM

I completely agree!  As bad a Noory is, I'd prefer him because he invites interesting guests who generally "take the ball" and lead the interview.  If John B. Wells would become Noory's replacement, we have on our hands nothing but another ALEX JONES every single night.  For me, after being a listener since the beginning of Coast to Coast, that would be the END OF THE LINE.    :-[

You do have a point here, although, of course, I wish C2C was rid of both Noory AND Wells, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.  Noory is usually just an incompetent buffoon we can laugh at, while Wells is just a freaky fear monger pretty much all the time.  Noory has his fear mongering moments but he's such a goof, it usually comes across as laughable.  I rarely listen to Noory and now, with Wells, never, but Wells redeeming quality, at least with me, is he's usually unintelligible, with his stoner-like- rambling.

ziznak

Wells was like stuttering or something at the beginning of this last show... I can't follow him when he gets like that it reminds me of like some ex hippie homeless guy on the train that can't shut the fuck up.  His sense of "hipness" although not as bad as Ian's is dated somewhere I'd say from 73-85 maybe a little 90's.  how old is he anyways?

Nebraska888

Quote from: ziznak on May 14, 2013, 11:19:10 AM
Wells was like stuttering or something at the beginning of this last show... I can't follow him when he gets like that it reminds me of like some ex hippie homeless guy on the train that can't shut the fuck up.  His sense of "hipness" although not as bad as Ian's is dated somewhere I'd say from 73-85 maybe a little 90's.  how old is he anyways?

Yep, you're right......there was a time when this kind of hesitant speech pattern was considered "cool".  Dustin Hoffman is to blame.....and, I'm not talking about RAIN MAN!  Hoffman was one of the first celebrities that I noticed who did this stuttering speech pattern.  I'd say early to mid 1980's!   

I will do some research on Wells.......I'd say he's in his late 50's.

VtaGeezer

I'm convinced Wells was hired for his Barry White voice and fringe right politics, and little else.  He previously worked from a script as a voice-over reader but now he  has to ad lib a topical guest program format...and he can't. But his inability to keep himself (or a wayward guest) on topic, let alone actually conduct a solid interview to draw more out of a guest is clearly no big deal for Prem Radio; its just part of the transition until they dump Noory and the C2C "weirdness" format for good. 

Radio/entertainment is cut-throat and if Wells wasn't cutting the mustard, he'd have been dumped soon after his launch, when his talk host failings were evident.  He has not improved since those days; he's just become more comfortable at it. I think he's on-plan as far as Prem Rad is concerned.Soon Wells will be free to just babble all night about the evil govt  and take calls from his fellow conspiro-paranoids. Once that commences, the conspiracy loonies will keep the ball rolling for him.

ziznak

he's more entertaining than noory even with his copious amounts of douche juice.

I disagree that he hasn't improved.  He has made an effort to cut out the condescending British accent, though sometimes he can't help himself, and he doesn't qualify everything as much as he used to.  That used to be very annoying.  Every statement would have to be backed up with several statements designed to cover his ass.  He still does it, just not to the same extent. 

He even calls BS on the odd guest despite seeming very gullible most of the time.  Gullible may not be the first thing that comes to your mind, but it is what I see.  You can hear in his voice and questioning that he is skeptical of some of the nut cases at first, but mostly he comes around to believing their line of manure. 

So I will disagree and say John B. Wells has made some efforts to improve himself.  However, he remains a host with burnt out reasoning and coherency centres within his neural structure and there is probably not much that can be done about that.

Nebraska888

Wells has three topics that he rehashes EVERY week:

1.  Government cover-ups

2.  Government conspiracies

3.  Guns.......lock and load, boys!

morphiaflow

This is a first draft...any input/insight/suggestions welcome!

"John B. Wells"
(Traditional, based on the Beach Boys version, parody lyrics by Me)

I went on with host John B.
My brand new book and me
All around the topic I'd written, I wanted to roam
His voice set the tone
I swear he was stoned
Well I feel so let down
I want to go home

So toke up with John B. Wells
See how the Mothership sets
Please call for Captain George
And let me go home
I want to go home
Please let me go home
Well I feel so let down, I want to go home

Before the first break he got mad
About how the government was bad
And looking for all of our guns, to take them away
And then Alex Jones
Called by surprise on the phone
He said it's a false flag--I want to go home

And let me go home
I want to go home
Please let me go home

Then it was Katherine Fitts
And how we're all going to get chips
Then the hour was gone and they took up all of my time
So why was I on
When it was all about John?
This is the worst show I've ever been on

And let me go home
I want to go home
Please let me go home

That's perfect.  You captured it!

Set to the Beach Boys 'Sloop John B.' right?  (kind of a rhetorical question)

morphiaflow

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 15, 2013, 12:07:36 AM
That's perfect.  You captured it!

Set to the Beach Boys 'Sloop John B.' right?  (kind of a rhetorical question)

Yes indeed sir. And thank you!

Nebraska888

Love it!  You make the Beach Boys proud!  (Pet Sounds........the greatest!)

Scully

Love it, Morphia!!!  Dare I say in the words of our fearless Captain, "So true"?  ;D

morphiaflow

Aw shucks. :) glad y'all like it.
Of course now the song has been stuck in my head for 15 hours...

RedMichael

Wow that is funny, impressive, and spot on.

VtaGeezer

Punnett announced last night that he's quitting his monthly C2C gig as of July.  Will it be Wells' for the taking?

ItsOver

That's the speculation but nothing has been officially announced yet, apparently.

Morgus

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 16, 2013, 07:23:22 PM
Punnett announced last night that he's quitting his monthly C2C gig as of July.  Will it be Wells' for the taking?
Yep Wells is definitely the odds-on favorite for taking the second Sunday of the month, unless Noory decides to take another Sunday.
There is also always the rare (not assigned) fifth Sunday of a month, which happens again next month (June) by the way.
Sometimes Knapp gets it, sometimes a guest host like Whitley Strieber.

Morgus

Its a double-dose of Wells this weekend, in addition to his regular Sat night show, he is also guest hosting for Noory tomorrow (Friday) night...

ziznak

Johnny B. is great in that new star trek!

Quote from: Morgus on May 16, 2013, 07:51:18 PM
Its a double-dose of Wells this weekend, in addition to his regular Sat night show, he is also guest hosting for Noory tomorrow (Friday) night...

Wells, the medicine that goes down smooth but gives you horrible indigestion.  Now available all weekend every weekend.