• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

dan7800

Quote from: Northern Nights on March 01, 2015, 07:57:31 AM
Take that George, come July you'll only be a "pressure wave".  Deal with it.

George doesn't give a crap. He has sucked for so long, why would anything change now?

dan7800

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 10:21:58 PM
Remember we will go to air at 12AM Eastern one hour early. And yes if you all can find and report pirate streams that would really help. Consider yourselves to be deputy's as of July with full authority to find and report any pirated stuff you find.

My thinking is be under way a full hour before grey goo. Plus if you think About it those last hours are not heard by many anyway, we will be done at 12AM PT while the other is not done till 5AM EST.

Art

We will do our best. However, rememberer that we will NEVER find all of the streams and pirating will be rampant no matter is done. Heck, will all the money in the world the NFL cannot keep live VIDEOS of the games off the net. There is little chance of us keeping audio recordings off the web.

I am not sure if your plan would allow this, but think about putting old streams on Youtube to generate revenue via that channel. Don't give people too much reason to pirate and you will help to cut down on the pirating yourself.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Danger!UFO on March 01, 2015, 12:06:19 AM
maybe MV needs to add a  few moderators.

Don't be mad at me, MV!

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 12:24:48 AM
that's been tried in the past and it never worked out well.  too many cooks... when you're a hammer... all that stuff.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 01:10:54 AM
Control freak. Reported.

Is this where I change my avatar to a 'fake' moderator again and risk the rath of 'control freak'  MV? ..nope played.. I reported myself

What we got here is... failure to communicate 

nextgen.fm

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 08:52:09 PM
Meanwhile it looks like the shutdown has commenced

Something is going on then!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Needle woman on March 01, 2015, 01:57:51 AM
You guys are cracking me up tonight. :). So if Art starts at 9 pm, who's going to listen to Dave "Grey Goo" at 10 pm?  Me thinks Dave will be blown out of the water.  ;D

Fixed

cweb

Could always just upload one of the podcast hours to Youtube, too. No bumper music issues and a sample to get people interested.

And I think 64kbps is plenty. I've sent interviews out for transcription at that rate, never had an issue with intelligibility.

Dave Noorie could learn from this. He should transcode all his podcasts to 16kbps and apply a notch filter that only allows 1khz tones through. Nothing would be lost on the audience!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: DesertFox on March 01, 2015, 02:02:03 AM
Hey ART--Will there be an option to listen to the POADCAST with the music?  Say if there needed to be an extra charge for that.   I'd pay extra for that and the FULL Art Bell experience.

Because I might not be able to listen all the time at night and would hate to miss the music.

Me too... exactly... just something to keep in mind Art, after things are up a running and have time to fine tune....   have money, will pay

MV/Liberace!

there were a couple threads started by new members introducing themselves.  just wanted to let you guys know those were merged with the existing "new member meet and greet" thread inside general discussion.  didn't want you to think your threads had been deleted.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 01, 2015, 02:08:37 AM
Coast is a shell these days so I doubt any Art Bell fans still listen, even out of habit. Why anyone would suffer through a four hour infomercial for Carnivora riddled with even more commercials, I'll never know.

Masochist?... low IQs?  ...I don't get it neither... We have a RV that drive late at night, been doing this for decades, when Art was live.

With Art on live, it was magical, joyful experience, bumping along in the RV. With Dave, painful and aggravating, silence was better than his show.   

HorrorRetro

Quote from: bateman on February 28, 2015, 10:42:33 PM

Yes, but, is Jan's shirt gold and white or black and blue?  :-[

WhiteCrow

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 02:29:48 AM

It might differ for Art's situation depending on the deal he has with the "Big Player".

I thunk'in, I gots Art's "Big Player" figured out... but don't want to start a lot of speculation that could muck things up.
There's not many "Big Players" to choose from, so its not hard to fiqure out from reading Art's posts, if want to play along at home.

IcicleTrepan

Noory won't be upset when his listeners disappear.  He'll just wonder if they went into a portal and then make a pizza roll.  Then he'll go back to sleep.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 01, 2015, 11:19:45 AM
Yes, but, is Jan's shirt gold and white or black and blue?  :-[

hahahahahaha!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 01, 2015, 03:27:24 AM
I could totally be a mod. I'd change my avatar to some weird picture of a weird dude. Make short but funny rebuttals to randos, occasionally explode and cuss out falkie IN ALL CAPS, and mostly just quote stuff I find funny and say
"Heh heh"

Yeah.. that's what 'I' was telling MV... Like he thinks he's got like some magical skills, that no one else has. Maybe the problem with past Mods, is his inability to pick the right Mod.  I'm tell'in you MV, I can be the Art Bell of moderators. Wanta take a Ride.."Heh heh"

WOTR

Quote from: dan7800 on March 01, 2015, 09:34:49 AM
George doesn't give a crap. He has sucked for so long, why would anything change now?
I suppose the real question for those who dwell among us and are knowledgeable in such matters would be "can a pressure wave actually originate and spread in the face of infinite suckage?"  Or are we now at the point that if George is unobserved by any outsiders that not only would there be no sound, but that there would be no "pressure wave" that could escape the vacuum of the suck?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 01, 2015, 11:44:51 AM
Yeah.. that's what 'I' was telling MV... Like he thinks he's got like some magical skills, that no one else has.

i don't?

WOTR

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 01, 2015, 11:44:51 AM
Yeah.. that's what 'I' was telling MV... Like he thinks he's got like some magical skills, that no one else has. Maybe the problem with past Mods, is his inability to pick the right Mod.  I'm tell'in you MV, I can be the Art Bell of moderators. "Heh heh"
If MV wants additional moderators and an additional income stream he could probably email Coast and they would happily PAY for the privileged of "helping" take on moderator duties to keep this board the inoffensive paradise it has become...  Or we could all just learn that there will be the occasional offensive post...

Hey, MV... Have you factored this board into your retirement savings?  Can you imagine what Pemrat (or even Jorch, personally) would pay to buy it?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 11:49:14 AM
i don't?

... I'm running late for Mass.  I'll pray for you

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wotr1 on March 01, 2015, 11:52:03 AM
Hey, MV... Have you factored this board into your retirement savings?  Can you imagine what Pemrat (or even Jorch, personally) would pay to buy it?

the forum's value has been estimated at a can of vanilla coke and two packages of skittles.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 01, 2015, 11:55:31 AM
... I'm running late for Mass.  I'll pray for you

Pray for Mikesy.

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 10:21:58 PM
Remember we will go to air at 12AM Eastern one hour early. And yes if you all can find and report pirate streams that would really help. Consider yourselves to be deputy's as of July with full authority to find and report any pirated stuff you find.

My thinking is be under way a full hour before grey goo. Plus if you think About it those last hours are not heard by many anyway, we will be done at 12AM PT while the other is not done till 5AM EST.

Art

Quote from: Scully on February 28, 2015, 10:34:21 PM
"grey goo"?  ???

My interpretation was 'Grey Goo' is George's sucky little show.  'Boot Black' would be George and his wig.

9pm - midnight PT starts an hour before the Snorge comes on, and overlaps the first 2 hours of that show.  With everyone here listening to Art's new show, I'm going to miss reading George's malapropos and dumb comments that people have been posting in the George Noory Sucks thread.

phrodo

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 11:13:45 AM
there were a couple threads started by new members introducing themselves.  just wanted to let you guys know those were merged with the existing "new member meet and greet" thread inside general discussion.  didn't want you to think your threads had been deleted.

Control freak. Reported.

phrodo

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 12:22:22 PM
the forum's value has been estimated at a can of vanilla coke and two packages of skittles.

I'd be willing to give you a half dozen WalMart ice-cream sandwiches.

ItsOver

Quote from: wotr1 on March 01, 2015, 11:52:03 AM
... Can you imagine what Pemrat (or even Jorch, personally) would pay to buy it?
Possibly one million pizza rolls?

NowhereInTime

Two packs of Skittles?  Fuck you, Richie Rich! 

ks3484

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 01, 2015, 12:12:59 AM
I hear ya, Danger!UFO.  Too much moderation would kill the spirit of the place.  My philosophy is this:  go ahead & post what cha like, and if I think it's gross I'll say so.  Everybody's happy.

LLAP.   8)

If you think it's gross? Is there a memo or test we have to take mein fuhrer? Is  there a book or a book on tape that we need to have on hand?

Damnit.  I can't get Vanilla Coke here in Canada anymore.  I suppose that makes this forum priceless, or at least the cost of a passport and a few litres of fuel.  Either that or I'll have to deal with those contraband cola smugglers.  I hate those guys.

WhiteCrow

So you blew thru that $10 spot, I sent you last week already?

WTF... has mom started charge'in 'rent' to live in the basement?

cweb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 01, 2015, 03:26:58 PM
Damnit.  I can't get Vanilla Coke here in Canada anymore.  I suppose that makes this forum priceless, or at least the cost of a passport and a few litres of fuel.  Either that or I'll have to deal with those contraband cola smugglers.  I hate those guys.
No Vanilla Coke? That sucks. We only get it here in cans now. I hope it doesn't diminish into nothingness like Pibb did.

I miss Pibb.  :'(