• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: rekcuf on November 30, 2015, 08:55:25 AM
Sandy the Ewok? Sir, if you have a moment, I'd like to tell you about my lord and savior C3PO...
I am from the church of Yoda, we renounce your God sir... ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on November 30, 2015, 04:10:41 AM
Seriously some of the accusations have been disgusting and frankly embarrassing. Especially those bandied about by people who I once considered intelligent.

And now back on track ....

Holy shitballs Batman. It's FLYING HUMANOIDS!!!!

Monday Night's Guest: Ken Gerhard: Flying Humanoids

http://artbell.com/ken-gerhard/

Oh, good.  This is the type of topic I love to hear Art have fun with.  Sorry, Zeebo.  No flying squirrels.

Quote from: rekcuf on November 30, 2015, 08:37:34 AM
Sandman, I never said YOU did. The statement you quoted was/is my opinion. Nothing more.
My apologies rekcuf. It's never my intent to deny anyone their point of view.
(I do get cranky once in a while though.  ;) )

ziznak

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 29, 2015, 11:29:29 PM
Art, don't pay attention to the trolls and assholes.  They're just looking to cause trouble.  Your fans love you, buddy.
Yesss... don't pay any mind to the idiots behind the avatars...

We all live in basements and hate on Noory out of jealousy after all.  This place is always speculating on all things Art.  There is a strong "always critical of Art" factor that we see here as well as the "psychophants" like myself... (i think i spellded dat rong?)  Regardless, you have to keep in mind a lot of the posters here carry with them the pain of Art's multiple retirements and then his supposed placement of "he gets it" Noory.  The critical ones will always doubt Art on any occasion to do so.  Maybe it's out of fear of getting hurt again?  I think they've just been scarred in the past...
think about it...
there's nothing worse than Art Bell separation anxiety... i have it right now

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on November 30, 2015, 09:22:41 AM
Yesss... don't pay any mind to the idiots behind the avatars...

We all live in basements and hate on Noory out of jealousy after all.  This place is always speculating on all things Art.  There is a strong "always critical of Art" factor that we see here as well as the "psychophants" like myself... (i think i spellded dat rong?)  Regardless, you have to keep in mind a lot of the posters here carry with them the pain of Art's multiple retirements and then his supposed placement of "he gets it" Noory.  The critical ones will always doubt Art on any occasion to do so.  Maybe it's out of fear of getting hurt again?  I think they've just been scarred in the past...
think about it...
there's nothing worse than Art Bell separation anxiety... i have it right now
There's also a number of trolls looking for a home since the messin with Falkie thread has slowed down.  I guess the GNS thread wasn't good enough for them.  Poor Jorch.  ;)

signed

A founding member of the Official BellGab Art Bell Nuthuggers Society.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on November 30, 2015, 09:33:23 AM
There's also a number of trolls looking for a home since the messin with Falkie thread has slowed down.  I guess the GNS thread wasn't good enough for them.  Poor Jorch.  ;)

signed

+1

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 30, 2015, 09:00:43 AM
I am from the church of Yoda, we renounce your God sir... ::)

Bless you, my child. 30 "gold guys" and all will be forgiven.

SciFiAuthor

signed

+2

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2015, 02:36:33 AM
I know I'm not supposed to bring up Noory here. But one time a scientist on his show accused him of magical thinking and Noory thought it was a compliment. True story

That is awesome, I wonder what Tommy thought.

ziznak

signed

Nutthugguhs fo life nigga!

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on November 30, 2015, 07:53:37 AM
I think its the fact that srednivashtar is trying to come off as a saint, even tho hes always fucking with falkie, and his fake concern for Hoagland.

Having spoken at length with srednivashtar, I have come to believe that he may very well be a saint. My posture has improved immensely, I have learned 42 new words, and he picked the correct team in the Rugby World Championships.

His fake concern for Hoagland, as you state is incorrect. It is concern not for Hoagland, but concern for a 70 year old man that is doing the best he can to earn a buck.

I got pissed at Hoagland, and I will always think he is a Dick, but I wish him no harm. I decided to move on and just not listen to OSOM.

SV, i genuinely thank you for my improved posture.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 30, 2015, 10:36:01 AM
That is awesome, I wonder what Tommy thought.
Tommy wept.

VtaGeezer

I'm happy to see Art's posts on the skepticism, including my own.  I perceived some inconsistencies, and make no apologies for that.  Art could have avoided all by using a more plausible explanation, like burning himself on white hot pizza roll.  Fan ≠ follower. To quote Ronaldus Magnus, "Trust but verify". But unlike so many, I never doubted the mouse stare-down...not for a millisecond.   

TigerLily

A couple of years ago, I saw the "flying vampires" clip on YT. Looked to be on the Pali Highway on Oahu. Fascinating. I'm hoping for some Mothman stories too.  Where else has Mothman been sighted besides Pt Pleasant?

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2015, 11:41:01 AM
A couple of years ago, I saw the "flying vampires" clip on YT. Looked to be on the Pali Highway on Oahu. Fascinating. I'm hoping for some Mothman stories too.  Where else has Mothman been sighted besides Pt Pleasant?

A couple months ago one of his progeny was on my deck.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on November 30, 2015, 03:02:24 AM
First it was so I could quit, then when I didn't quit, it became for ratings? Now there was no mouse?
I give up.

Art
If Dave quit and a mouse hosted C2C it would boost their ratings.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 30, 2015, 11:44:39 AM
A couple months ago one of his progeny was on my deck.
Beautiful.Mothbaby. He already has his Dad's red eyes

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 30, 2015, 04:23:00 AM
There is no opinion humbler than yours, madam. I'd ask a traffic cone for its views on world affairs before I came to you.
Inglorious Bitch. Your dog slipped his leash again

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 30, 2015, 08:31:31 AM
*Reposted for quick reference and context*  ^^^Please show me where I said it did.Nice little rant.
I  You, SV & VG damn near caused Art to say to hell with BellGab.

Oh please! If two or three people on this forum caused him to throw his toys out of the pram he's clearly far more precious than even I would possibly imagine. So I'll see that as theatrics.

As for slander (speech)  or libel, oh c'mon, you're taking the piss. As I implied before, there are certain sacred cows, but the shit that Noory (and others ) have said about them isn't libelous? Since when have you been the legal arbitor?  ;D

Robert

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2015, 11:41:01 AMA couple of years ago, I saw the "flying vampires" clip on YT. Looked to be on the Pali Highway on Oahu. Fascinating. I'm hoping for some Mothman stories too.  Where else has Mothman been sighted besides Pt Pleasant?
The Jersey Devil may be Mothman.  It may be better to say Mothman may be the Jersey Devil.

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on November 30, 2015, 10:59:45 AM
Nutthugguhs fo life nigga!
Dat'$ Righ', Bro.  DA Momma Fuckin BeeatHces cAyn't KEeppp THUH GrILlll $Hut.  diD AH TELLL ChUUU Ahh No NEllY?? 

SredniVashtar

You, SV & VG damn near caused Art to say to hell with BellGab.

No he didn't.

Quote from: Art Bell on November 29, 2015, 11:12:08 PM
I don't post as much because I am busy with the show. I have seen some people think I made that stuff up for ratings? Not funny, I did consider leaving because of it because it put a big stress on my
Family as well as myself but it also pissed me off. You don't get ratings because you miss a day or your so shaken that it's hard to concentrate. Ratings only come from doing a good show. Besides do people think I got all my Neighbors to give false statements to the Police? My opinion is people like to imagian the worst of people, that's all.

Art

He was talking about leaving the show, not bloody BellGab!! If someone gives you a threat like that, then it's perfectly natural to at least give it consideration. Do you honestly think that the first (or, indeed, any) thought he would have in this situation is going to be about a sodding website he pops on to once in a blue moon? Christ on a crutch, some people are dumber than dirt!

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 30, 2015, 12:55:30 PM
No he didn't.

He was talking about leaving the show, not bloody BellGab!! If someone gives you a threat like that, then it's perfectly natural to at least give it consideration. Do you honestly think that the first (or, indeed, any) thought he would have in this situation is going to be about a sodding website he pops on to once in a blue moon? Christ on a crutch, some people are dumber than dirt!

OK, I will defend your honor until you start dissing dirt.

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on November 30, 2015, 12:42:35 PM
Dat'$ Righ', Bro.  DA Momma Fuckin BeeatHces cAyn't KEeppp THUH GrILlll $Hut.  diD AH TELLL ChUUU Ahh No NEllY?? 

ah dear me... we're making almost as big a mess as the "Art's lying" camp now

VtaGeezer

You, SV & VG damn near caused Art to say to hell with BellGab.
Let me say it again - 14 pages - IN ART'S THREAD.
I'm happy 1) to be in good company with the named others, and 2) that Mr. Bell has considerably thicker skin than his sycophants.

ziznak

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 30, 2015, 01:02:50 PM
I'm happy 1) to be in good company with the named others, and 2) that Mr. Bell has considerably thicker skin than his sycophants.
THATS "PSYCHOPHANT" get it right ;)

Uncle Duke

As I said a day or so ago, there's no such thing as bad publicity, especially for a showman like Art.  I personally give the man credit, he knows how to promote himself, making the most of even a bad situation.  Lemonade out lemons if you will, in this case stalking, possible armed, lemons.  And the intense cross talk on this thread is icing on the cake, the time to start worrying when you are a celebrity/personality is not when people talk about you, it's when they don't talk about you.

I'm curious, is there similar back and forth on this situation on the other MITD/Art Bell sites Art mentions on the air?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 30, 2015, 11:05:59 AM
Having spoken at length with srednivashtar, I have come to believe that he may very well be a saint.

I try to play down the whole "sainthood" thing, but you might have a point. I have always wondered why I am able to walk from Dover to Calais without getting my feet wet. I also do faith healing. For some reason, though, it only works on females under 25. And I also need a nude photo, so that my Indian spirit guide can get a good look at your aura.

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 30, 2015, 11:05:59 AM
My posture has improved immensely, I have learned 42 new words, and he picked the correct team in the Rugby World Championships.

His fake concern for Hoagland, as you state is incorrect. It is concern not for Hoagland, but concern for a 70 year old man that is doing the best he can to earn a buck.

I got pissed at Hoagland, and I will always think he is a Dick, but I wish him no harm. I decided to move on and just not listen to OSOM.

SV, i genuinely thank you for my improved posture.

I have to declare a conflict of interest here. I have hired GS as Senior Strategist for my "SV for President 2016" campaign. As you all know, I have been doing the talk show circuit in your filthy hole of a country, discussing my new book "The Falkie Diaries" - described by The New York Times as "a global phenomenon", and The Oskaloosa Independent as "trouser-tremblingly erotic". The question kept coming up, "when will you sort us miserable bastards out? because we need a Brit (particularly one so charming and handsome as yourself) to shake us into shape". Of course, I kept pointing out that fortune smiled on me at birth and made me an Englishman, so they immediately convened a sitting of the Supreme Court and I won a unanimous points decision - Clarence Thomas saying that he withdraw all his objections "on account of SV being so awesome an' shit".

So, here I am. I hope I can count on the votes of all you witless bastards discerning and generous citizens. Although I am starting to wonder if I have picked a bit of a lemon in GS. I was hoping to soften my elitist image a bit by going for a genuine hayseed, but I fear I have gone too far. I wanted him to arrange a cocktail party for all the Washington movers and shakers to announce my candidacy, but the dumb bastard has put together a hog roast for a bunch of senior citizens in Galveston.

"SV 2016 - You Know it Makes Sense!"