• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

TigerLily

YP. In my humble opinion, Shut Up

zeebo

Quote from: coaster on November 30, 2015, 02:41:35 AM
It's pretty damn stupid to say it was done for ratings. ...

Ok but I do suspect that mouse incident may have been staged.  Look at all the free publicity since he let that one 'slip'.  All the round-the-clock news coverage, the public intrigue, the pundits' expert opinions on the true nature of Abby Normal.  You can bet I'll be listening to see if Mr. Bell changes his story on that one. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on November 30, 2015, 02:51:48 AM
Ok but I do suspect that mouse incident may have been staged.  Look at all the free publicity since he let that one 'slip'.  All the round-the-clock news coverage, the public intrigue, the pundits' expert opinions on the true nature of Abby Normal!  You can bet I'll be listening to see if Mr. Bell changes his story on that one.

It was no mouse sir, I suspect it was a . . . squirrel.

TigerLily

Ok but I do suspect that mouse incident may have been staged.  Look at all the free publicity since he let that one 'slip'.  All the round-the-clock news coverage, the public intrigue, the pundits' expert opinions on the true nature of Abby Normal.  You can bet I'll be listening to see if Mr. Bell changes his story on that one.
Mousegate

TigerLily

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 30, 2015, 02:54:02 AM
It was no mouse sir, I suspect it was a . . . squirrel.
Rodentgate

now this is freaky...   http://mariahsvisions.blogspot.com/2011/06/omen-of-mousethe-messages-of-mouse.html

Art Bell

First it was so I could quit, then when I didn't quit, it became for ratings? Now there was no mouse?
I give up.

Art

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on November 30, 2015, 03:02:24 AM
First it was so I could quit, then when I didn't quit, it became for ratings? Now there was no mouse?
I give up.

Art

It's all just stupid bullshit Art. Ignore it.

zeebo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 30, 2015, 03:06:22 AM
It's all just stupid bullshit Art. Ignore it.

Best advice all night.  Here's to a good week of shows, Art.

AppealPlay

I give up.

Art

It's impossible to win with the trolls.  Remember the movie War Games?  The only way to win is not to play. :D

Looking forward to tonight's "flying humanoid" show.  Sounds interesting. :)

Quote from: jazmunda on November 27, 2015, 06:30:13 PM
Someone get this guy some Pepto Bismal as he just got Art Burn.

LOL

coaster

I give up.

Art
I think they were joking about the mouse.

WOTR

Next thing you know, he will be seeing squirrels in smoking jackets...  ;D

BellBoy

Quote from: coaster on November 30, 2015, 03:16:57 AM
I think they were joking about the mouse.

zeebo is just jealous that it wasn't a squirrel.  ;)

Quote from: WOTR on November 30, 2015, 03:20:30 AM
Next thing you know, he will be seeing squirrels in smoking jackets...  ;D

that would be absurd!

ge30542

Art should ignore this crap.
Just as we feel a "closeness" to Art, he, I believe he feels a closeness to his audience. That has been obvious for over 20 years, with him sharing, on air, many sad, tragic, scary occurrences in his life, and the lives of his family.
That's another 2 cents, 4 cents total tonight.

I give up.

Art

Wednesday night I could tell Art was bothered by it. Art would generally have more fun with a show like that. Art didn't seem to enjoy the show at all that night. Not that I blame him, I believe he was stressed out about the disturbed individual.

I hope Art took appropriate security precautions and is able to move past it. As I have previously stated Art's show is good enough to keep growing with out having to bring up a person who obviously needs some help. I hope this person does get some help, for both their sake.

TigerLily

I give up.

Art
The Vestal Virgins of the Dark aka Art's Tarts are with you!

ge30542

I'd like a follow up show with Emily Lau,( I believe that was her name) Member of Hong Kong local govt. Talking with Art about  what to expect when Hong Kong returned to Chi-Com control.
Also Dr. Loraine Day.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 30, 2015, 02:46:13 AM
Jesus, just go back to fucking with Falkie will you? You are not being constructive here.

Hmm. I hope you are secure in the stirrups of that high horse you have been riding recently. You are being disingenuous with this attitude. It all depends, with you, which radio hosts you esteem, and which you don't. Those you dislike get tossed out with the garbage on little or no evidence. Stop this Falkie nonsense. I have read that OSOM thread, and it is as toxic as it gets - it reads like the ramblings of a bunch of insomniac shut-ins. The Falkie thread is a hell of a lot funnier than the vituperative group-think you read among the Hoagland bashers, and it also tries to offer constructive suggestions at times. And you also decided to convict Hoagland on the say-so of a disgruntled employee with no corroborating evidence. Oh, and you also tried to hound Hoagland (an elderly man with, presumably, no other income stream) out of a job at the behest of the lord and master. That bloody open-lines bullshit was not only unfunny, it was mean and sinister. This saintly attitude ill becomes those who want to drive an old man out of the only job he has.

Art may well be totally sincere, but as we are all people who enjoy pursuing alternative suggestions to subjects, then I think it is a perfectly reasonable avenue to pursue. Art knows that, or should do. He is also not a saint, and I don't expect him to be. I have never said he was making it up. Neither did I say he was seeing things. But it is reasonable to at least pose the question. I don't think it requires too much sophistication to be able to entertain differing ideas without necessarily subscribing to them, does it?

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sending good vibes to this thread

BobGrau

Quote from: BobGrau on November 26, 2015, 01:42:28 AM
He's lying.

For the record, I said this and other things whilst suffering deep butthurt from another thread. The cream's starting to absorb now, thank goodness.

jazmunda

Seriously some of the accusations have been disgusting and frankly embarrassing. Especially those bandied about by people who I once considered intelligent.

And now back on track ....

Holy shitballs Batman. It's FLYING HUMANOIDS!!!!

Monday Night's Guest: Ken Gerhard: Flying Humanoids

http://artbell.com/ken-gerhard/

QuoteWebsite: http://kengerhard.com

Ken Gerhard is a widely recognized cryptozoologist and field investigator for The Centre for Fortean Zoology as well as a fellow of the Pangea Institute and consultant for several anomalous research organizations. He has traveled the world searching for evidence of mysterious animals and legendary beasts including Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, the Chupacabra, enigmatic winged creatures and even werewolves.

In addition to co-hosting the History Channel TV series Missing in Alaska, Ken has appeared in Monster Quest and is featured in the History Channel special The Real Wolfman, as well as Legend Hunters, Unexplained Files, Paranatural, Weird or What?, Ancient Aliens, Monsters and Mysteries in America, Ultimate Encounters, True Supernatural, Monster Project and Shipping Wars.

His credits include appearances on numerous news broadcasts and nationally syndicated radio programs, as well as being featured in articles by the Associated Press, Houston Chronicle and Tampa Tribune. Ken is author of the books Big Bird: Modern Sightings of Flying Monsters and Encounters with Flying Humanoids, as well as co-author of Monsters of Texas with Nick Redfern, and has contributed to trade publications including Fate Magazine. He currently lectures and exhibits at various conferences and events across the United States. Born on Friday the 13th of October, Ken has traveled to twenty-six different countries on six continents, as well as virtually all of the United States. An avid adventurer, he has camped along the Amazon, explored the Galapagos, hiked the Australian Outback and has visited many ancient and mysterious sites, from Machu Pichu to Stonehenge.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 30, 2015, 04:10:41 AM
Seriously some of the accusations have been disgusting and frankly embarrassing. Especially those bandied about by people who I once considered intelligent.

And now back on track ....

Holy shitballs Batman. It's FLYING HUMANOIDS!!!!

Monday Night's Guest: Ken Gerhard: Flying Humanoids

http://artbell.com/ken-gerhard/

Sounds like a show with potential. I like the shows about cryptids.  Should be a good one.  He has done some work on Mothman, I hope Art asks him some questions about that.

AppealPlay

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 30, 2015, 04:17:15 AM
Sounds like a show with potential. I like the shows about cryptids.  Should be a good one.  He has done some work on Mothman, I hope Art asks him some questions about that.

Gotta have a segment on the Mothman.  It's so creepy!

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 30, 2015, 04:20:04 AM
Gotta have a segment on the Mothman.  It's so creepy!

yes!

I also need to find out where I can get a hat like his. That is one hell of a hat.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2015, 02:48:46 AM
YP. In my humble opinion, Shut Up

There is no opinion humbler than yours, madam. I'd ask a traffic cone for its views on world affairs before I came to you.