• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: stevesh on February 06, 2021, 03:00:22 AM
Tommy: George, name an actor in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein.
Noory: Peter Sellers.

Jesus.
That is what is so hilarious about Mr.Norway. Everything to him is related to a movie or tv show yet he almost never can get the basic details of the movies he references correct- and that is with being on google or having TOMMEE on imdb.

Morgus

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 06, 2021, 03:50:24 AM
i can't get enough of Tommy and Noory conversations, Tommy is only slightly more evolved and engaged in the world than George -  the conversations go nowhere, the banter is totally void of wit - following the music conversation George asked Tommy if he'd liked to have lived in Vegas in the 50's, because Tommy had told George he'd started as a big band disk jockey spinning Louis Prima records. Tommy's brilliant response was a dull 'No', Noory asked why 'no', Tommy deadpanned 'I don't want to be buried in the desert' of course Noory didn't really get the reference so Tommy had to tell him.

Another strange conversation between Noory and Tommy last night involved the passing of actor Christopher Plummer.
Tommy told Noory that he never saw Plummer in any movies or heard of him except recently with the news of his passing!
Tommy never once saw "Sound of Music" for example, though its aired on TV a thousand times over the years? :o

ItsOver

Quote from: stevesh on February 06, 2021, 03:00:22 AM
Tommy: George, name an actor in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein.
Noory: Peter Sellers.

Jesus.
LOL.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on February 06, 2021, 03:48:04 PM
Another strange conversation between Noory and Tommy last night involved the passing of actor Christopher Plummer.
Tommy told Noory that he never saw Plummer in any movies or heard of him except recently with the news of his passing!
Tommy never once saw "Sound of Music" for example, though its aired on TV a thousand times over the years? :o

I thought he gave an awesome performance as Doctor Parnassus in The Imaginarium of. A truly underrated movie.

albrecht

They are a pair of strange birds, indeed.

TOMMEE and Mr. Norway should watch TCM, MeTV, or Movies! sometime and see some decent movies. TCM playing a few Mel Brooks movies now (some content might be tough for Mama Norway, but it is all in good fun.) Hard to believe that TOMMEE hasn't seen "The Sound of Music." That is really weird. One can't help to have seen at least a bit of it, even in passing.

There's probably some way to check out Papa Noory's WWII service online. I'm saying there's about a 5% probability that he was in combat in the Battle of the Bulge. Which is higher than the probability that George chased down a man who stole a woman's purse in a restaurant/bar and pinned him down until cops arrived and much higher than that of George having had some kind of tryout for the Detroit Tigers. So many fibs.

Plummer was fantastic as Kipling in THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING.

I'm going to try and listen tonight, but I don't think I'll last long. I wish I could only hear the funny parts, without the long boring parts.

I know I'm pretty rough on George and Coast and imo it's well deserved BUT it would be unfair not to give credit where it's due. I feel quite privileged that George has given me the opportunity to listen to some of tomorrow's great music stars getting their first national exposure on George's Emerging Artists feature before the rest of the world discovers them.

Of course not one single person ever to be a Noory Emerging Artist is 'emerging' or an 'artist'. It's just classic Noory buffoonery, you'd think just by chance with 500 stations airing Coast that somewhere some unknown musician with actual real talent might stumble on Coast and figure what the fuck I'll email an MP4. But nope, every month another crop of no talents.
I'm not even sure what genre of music most of them are attempting.

Still not giving up totally on the idea that the entire show including Noory and his guests and callers is a very very long elaborate joke - a satire so good that people believe it's real. like that Andy Kaufman comedian/performer that a lot of people thought was real.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 08, 2021, 02:37:00 AM
I know I'm pretty rough on George and Coast and imo it's well deserved BUT it would be unfair not to give credit where it's due. I feel quite privileged that George has given me the opportunity to listen to some of tomorrow's great music stars getting their first national exposure on George's Emerging Artists feature before the rest of the world discovers them.

Of course not one single person ever to be a Noory Emerging Artist is 'emerging' or an 'artist'. It's just classic Noory buffoonery, you'd think just by chance with 500 stations airing Coast that somewhere some unknown musician with actual real talent might stumble on Coast and figure what the fuck I'll email an MP4. But nope, every month another crop of no talents.
I'm not even sure what genre of music most of them are attempting.

Still not giving up totally on the idea that the entire show including Noory and his guests and callers is a very very long elaborate joke - a satire so good that people believe it's real. like that Andy Kaufman comedian/performer that a lot of people thought was real.

Do Latka now. :D

albrecht

Wrapping some pipes and hosebibs in prep for the "arctic blast' the weathermen claim is coming later in the week and put on the show. Heard Mr.Norway tell the same story about the guy with a brown paperbag at 'events' and it worried Dave and Dave asked TOMMEE if he would 'jump in' because 'there is something strange about the guy' and it turned out if was some guy who showed people UFOs with night-vision equipment. Ed Gimsley. I can't count the number of times Dave has told this same story.

Silphion

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2021, 05:19:31 PM
Wrapping some pipes and hosebibs in prep for the "arctic blast' the weathermen claim is coming later in the week and put on the show. Heard Mr.Norway tell the same story about the guy with a brown paperbag at 'events' and it worried Dave and Dave asked TOMMEE if he would 'jump in' because 'there is something strange about the guy' and it turned out if was some guy who showed people UFOs with night-vision equipment. Ed Gimsley. I can't count the number of times Dave has told this same story.

Sure that's the right guy?

[attachment=1,msg1459800]

Gingerwatch

Thank you thank you and thank God you all are still here.  I'm dying laughing at the most recent posts from Feb, all of them.  Please help me blow my brains out and put me out of my misery.  I tried listening to last night's show (Feb. 9) interview with William Henry.  I was interested in the A.I. topic.  What the ever loving f*#&@.  KILL ME NOW.  Among the steady stream of stupidity - George: "I remember you used to have a counter on your website William and I would just watch that go up.  Do you still have it?" and "What would you say to him, if you could meet the devil?"  THIS IS A SHOW ABOUT A.I.  Please someone help me.

Dateline

Quote from: Gingerwatch on February 10, 2021, 05:59:22 PM
Thank you thank you and thank God you all are still here.  I'm dying laughing at the most recent posts from Feb, all of them.  Please help me blow my brains out and put me out of my misery.  I tried listening to last night's show (Feb. 9) interview with William Henry.  I was interested in the A.I. topic.  What the ever loving f*#&@.  KILL ME NOW.  Among the steady stream of stupidity - George: "I remember you used to have a counter on your website William and I would just watch that go up.  Do you still have it?" and "What would you say to him, if you could meet the devil?"  THIS IS A SHOW ABOUT A.I.  Please someone help me.

Don't you understand, simple, simple?  In Norry's mind's eye, that website counter was an example of AI.

Norry, bots are A.I.  Do you think that maybe this whole thread is done by bots, all A.I., not one human has contributed to it?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dateline on February 10, 2021, 10:45:58 PM
Don't you understand, simple, simple?  In Norry's mind's eye, that website counter was an example of AI.

Norry, bots are A.I.  Do you think that maybe this whole thread is done by bots, all A.I., not one human has contributed to it?

We’re not bots. ::)

albrecht

Quote from: Gingerwatch on February 10, 2021, 05:59:22 PM
William Henry even laughed when Dave asked the Devil question. This frequently happens with guests when Dave blurts out childish questions. Also guests get frustrated that he often he asks the same questions over and over. Usually they are polite about it (after all they are trying to sell their books) but say "as I said earlier," "as we discussed," "like I mentioned at the beginning of the program."

But my favorite is when Mr.Norway has a legitimate guest who obviously unfamiliar with the show and many of the callers. Maybe his agent booked him or something. He will be on about some novel theory about some science and inevitably a caller will get on and ask him to comment on something like "Demons in government agencies who are targeting individuals with mind-control for a nefarious agenda to bring about end-times or if are aliens who have targeted her and forced her to move to Morgellon's and electronic allergies. They even took her children." or something. And the scientist will be baffled on how to answer and somewhat taken aback at the question.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2021, 11:03:11 AM
William Henry even laughed when Dave asked the Devil question. This frequently happens with guests when Dave blurts out childish questions. Also guests get frustrated that he often he asks the same questions over and over. Usually they are polite about it (after all they are trying to sell their books) but say "as I said earlier," "as we discussed," "like I mentioned at the beginning of the program."

But my favorite is when Mr.Norway has a legitimate guest who obviously unfamiliar with the show and many of the callers. Maybe his agent booked him or something. He will be on about some novel theory about some science and inevitably a caller will get on and ask him to comment on something like "Demons in government agencies who are targeting individuals with mind-control for a nefarious agenda to bring about end-times or if are aliens who have targeted her and forced her to move to Morgellon's and electronic allergies. They even took her children." or something. And the scientist will be baffled on how to answer and somewhat taken aback at the question.

I remember one night when a caller asked John Alexander a question like that.  After brief silence, he said, "I have no idea what the Hell you're talking about."

albrecht

I almost slipped on the deck due to the latest "Arctic Blast," but didn't. Covered up some more plants that I didn't move into the garage. But the guest had interesting concept but Mr.Norway didn't delve in as deep as would've been good. Because it is an odd thing if any of you have been around dying people, especially if in dementia etc. And if one has been in an accident.

Some good callers. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_lucidity 
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sense-time/201707/the-matrix-effect-when-time-slows-down

albrecht

Quote from: albrecht on February 12, 2021, 06:47:13 PM
I almost slipped on the deck due to the latest "Arctic Blast," but didn't. Covered up some more plants that I didn't move into the garage. But the guest had interesting concept but Mr.Norway didn't delve in as deep as would've been good. Because it is an odd thing if any of you have been around dying people, especially if in dementia etc. And if one has been in an accident.

Some good callers. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_lucidity 
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sense-time/201707/the-matrix-effect-when-time-slows-down
Second guest, not as much, but Dave couldn't remember details of "The Wizard of Oz." Witch couldn't recall either. But funny to hear Mr.Norway hitting on the young witch guest. Making her cackle, several times;  "he loves that."

Damn, now they say temps going to be in 'single digits' in a few days- here in Texas- and 'don't use any over-passes" now?! Art would have a guest on about HAARP or a Quickening!

i caught that exchange about The Wizard of Oz, classic Noory cringe, it happens when he's trying to be conversational and/or humorous with a guest, it always falls flat because his mind works so slowly and with such a limited knowledge base he has no ability to analyze if what he is going to say has any chance of being remotely interesting or humorous to anybody. So he brings up the classic Wizard of Oz movie and paints the picture to the guest of a young Georgie watching the movie with Ma Noory and being frightened by the Wicked Witch of the West. Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat story. The guest doesn't know what to say, so Noory asks her 'Did yeeeeeeew ever see that movie?' Of course she did like every other human being you moron. He thinks the conversation is going so well that he continues on with the topic, and asks the guest whether she can cackle like the Wicked Witch of the West. The poor woman cackles for him and giggles. Time to move on ......... or so she thought .........Noory's far from finished with the tedious topic. Next he wonders because even the things he does remember, old movies mostly, he doesn't know much about, if when the Wicked Witch of the West cackled was she riding a bicycle or flying on a broom. He asks the guest whether she remembers, the guest giggles she's not sure and clearly is wondering why this idiot is now fixated on such a stupid thing. He continues on trying to figure this all out - bicycle or broom? She was riding a broom, that's what witches do imbecile - he was confusing scenes/characters, Miss Gulch is the mean ugly lady in Kansas who does not like Toto and actually takes him to be put to sleep - then the tornado hits and Dorothy is off to Oz where Miss Gulch appears as the Wicked Witch of the West. Honestly I really think that Noory has never put together that Miss Gulch and the Wicked Witch of the West are the same person, one a dream version of the other. Anyway, this literally went on for about 5 minutes with the guest not knowing what to do until Noory finally gave up and encouraged people listening to call in if they had the answer to the bicycle or broom question.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 13, 2021, 07:40:24 AM
i caught that exchange about The Wizard of Oz, classic Noory cringe, it happens when he's trying to be conversational and/or humorous with a guest, it always falls flat because his mind works so slowly and with such a limited knowledge base he has no ability to analyze if what he is going to say has any chance of being remotely interesting or humorous to anybody. So he brings up the classic Wizard of Oz movie and paints the picture to the guest of a young Georgie watching the movie with Ma Noory and being frightened by the Wicked Witch of the West. Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat story. The guest doesn't know what to say, so Noory asks her 'Did yeeeeeeew ever see that movie?' Of course she did like every other human being you moron. He thinks the conversation is going so well that he continues on with the topic, and asks the guest whether she can cackle like the Wicked Witch of the West. The poor woman cackles for him and giggles. Time to move on ......... or so she thought .........Noory's far from finished with the tedious topic. Next he wonders because even the things he does remember, old movies mostly, he doesn't know much about, if when the Wicked Witch of the West cackled was she riding a bicycle or flying on a broom. He asks the guest whether she remembers, the guest giggles she's not sure and clearly is wondering why this idiot is now fixated on such a stupid thing. He continues on trying to figure this all out - bicycle or broom? She was riding a broom, that's what witches do imbecile - he was confusing scenes/characters, Miss Gulch is the mean ugly lady in Kansas who does not like Toto and actually takes him to be put to sleep - then the tornado hits and Dorothy is off to Oz where Miss Gulch appears as the Wicked Witch of the West. Honestly I really think that Noory has never put together that Miss Gulch and the Wicked Witch of the West are the same person, one a dream version of the other. Anyway, this literally went on for about 5 minutes with the guest not knowing what to do until Noory finally gave up and encouraged people listening to call in if they had the answer to the bicycle or broom question.
Wicked Witch of the West Obsession Disorder (WWWOD).

Gingerwatch

Quote from: Dateline on February 10, 2021, 10:45:58 PM

How did I not make the A.I. / web counter connection?!  I feel so foolish, second-guessing the genius of the great living legend that is Nor-hairy.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 13, 2021, 07:40:24 AM

The broom/bicycle thing had to have been a new high on the Noory Idiot Meter...I'm sorry I missed it. Since I have been back temporarily, I can't make it past the first half hour. It's like when I took off in November, the silver cord connecting me to C2C finally broke. Yep, I think George has never figured out that Miss Gulch was the same person as the witch.

I only listen to Knapp. With Shock jock voice Jimmy Church quitting C2C who is the heir apparent? I’d presume Richard Syrett? Noory is 70 years old. I presume he is still doing a lot of prerecorded segments and takes a lot of time off. But how much longer can he realistically keep doing this. You would think C2C leadership would be at least trying to prepare for when Noory steps back a bit. Since I haven’t listened to anyone but Knapp, I have no idea if they are doing this or not.

stevesh

Just guessing, but I suspet  when Noory retires or dies, Premiere will cancel C2C and fill the time with some other type of talk, maybe a straight interview show like Jim Bohannon or John Batchelor.

ItsOver

Quote from: stevesh on February 14, 2021, 05:42:01 AM
Just guessing, but I suspet  when Noory retires or dies, Premiere will cancel C2C and fill the time with some other type of talk, maybe a straight interview show like Jim Bohannon or John Batchelor.
That wouldn’t surprise me, since C2C seems to be viewed by Premier as an overnight filler.  Whatever is the least cost for them.  Maybe a full on four hour infomercial with Doc Wallet every night.

However, Mr. Norway will be there for the duration, which could still be for quite some time.  Larry King was still doing infomercials until recently.

albrecht

Quote from: stevesh on February 14, 2021, 05:42:01 AM
Like a Dreamland, with Dave that would be frightening. At least a few callers get into the mix and the splitsch-show format makes Mr.Norway at least forced to not dwell on one topic with the same inane questions, over and over and over. 

I hope Syrett would take over main duties. Knapp is good, especially with mob and true crime stuff. He seems a bit to credulous when it comes to the UFO stuff and everything needs to spin back to Skinwalker Ranch. Maybe bring back JBW for some shows. LMH and Peter Davenport also as guest hosts or, at least, long updates again. Ian is good with religious subjects but has a weird bent towards crime subjects and salaciousness. Hell, why not RCH for a night sometimes (he doesn't like to show up for shows though, always technical, weather, or medical issues.)

Aspic3

Gets me wondering who Rush Limbaugh's replacement will be.

I wonder what words Rush would use to describe Noory as a broadcaster. Haha.

Rush can't be replaced really, it's not like his company can or will hire somebody to take over The Rush Limbaugh Show. Stations will have to find another conservative talk show to replace Rush's slot. I'd think most of the stations who carry Rush already run a bunch of the other big name conservative talk shows like Ben Shapiro and Mark Levin.

I like Mark Steyn when he fills in for Rush and I don't think he has a show of his own syndicated.

Jackstar

KEYWORD: RECKLESS.
KEYWORD: ACCOMPLISHED.
KEYWORD: OMNICIDE

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 15, 2021, 04:38:27 AM
Rush can't be replaced really

New iterations of Rush can be put out willy-nilly as needed by universal construction sets.

Just today, you know what it was: rescue Art Bell op.