• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

zeebo

Tonite ...

In the first half of the program, George Noory welcomes Butch Witkowski, founder and director of the UFO Research Center of Pennsylvania, for a discussion on strange disappearances. Open Lines to follow.

I wonder if one of the "strange disappearances" will be when Noory drops the guy early with no explanation. 

Gemstone

Quote from: Imconfused on July 18, 2014, 04:52:24 PM

ixquick is the same as startpage.  it takes your searches from google and gives it to you without recording your IP address and logging in your searches.  you can also view web pages via proxy.  I highly recommend it.  I haven't used google in years.  fuck them.
Also this search engine site: https://duckduckgo.com

b_dubb

Wow. George really does suck. You stop listening and forget the SCALE of suckage. He's just bad. Horrible pronunciation. Completely insincere ... No ... FAKE enthusiasm hiding his complete lack interest. Add to that he just doesn't seem to be able to conduct an interview. Just wow.

Time to turn this shit off.

GNS

Mike.

Nice how gm started the "news" with the rebel Ruskie cmdrs claim that the plane he blew up was filled with all ready dead bodies. gn has found his conspiracy theory.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Mike. on July 18, 2014, 11:22:07 PM
Nice how gm started the "news" with the rebel Ruskie cmdrs claim that the plane he blew up was filled with all ready dead bodies. gn has found his conspiracy theory.
A variation on ideas Savage was kicking around yesterday.

yumyumtree

Do you think George really believes in haunted dolls?

Robert the Doll has a Twitter account, you know. He doesn't tweet very often.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 18, 2014, 11:52:05 PM
Do you think George really believes in haunted dolls?

Robert the Doll has a Twitter account, you know. He doesn't tweet very often.

Robert the doll would make a better host than George. If the start is any indication this show will rank highly among the most craptastic... Hell, something tells me he is probably working on finding a way to dump the guest already.

i wish gorgie would just dissapear-like kasem's body just did from the tacoma morgue

Guest: Not everyone in the world is crazy.
GN: You know what, most people are not.

Quote from: Mike. on July 18, 2014, 11:22:07 PM

even ABC news reported that witnesses said the bodies were in a advanced state of decomposition and bloodless

Morgus

Noory just asked the guest the same general question he asks nearly every night, "What fascinates you the most"
I bet he learned that question as an example in one of his early communication/broadcasting classes and still uses it to this day...

Morgus

Noory last hour talked to a caller about his favorite candy bar as a kid, called the "Sky Bar"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Bar

b_dubb

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2014, 01:12:17 AM
Noory last hour talked to a caller about his favorite candy bar as a kid, called the "Sky Bar"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Bar
That sounds really good

George is wondering (inspired by an email) if the Malaysian plane that was shot down over Ukraine is the same one that disappeared in March, filled with the bodies of the passengers from that plane.  I had him pegged for putting that together Monday.  He must be on his game today, if you can call it that.

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2014, 12:45:41 AM
Noory just asked the guest the same general question he asks nearly every night, "What fascinates you the most" ....

I friggin hate this question, he uses it all the time and it truly makes me cringe.  It's so generic and lazy and boring.  If he had any conversational skills don't you think the interesting stuff would come out naturally, instead of having to take such lame shortcuts?  And it kills the whole fun of discovery for the listener.

michio

Caller talks with sNoorn about a UFO sighting he had. Paraphrasing and not verbatim.

Caller: It sort of looked like a golden football.
sNooron: So it was small.
Caller: No, it was a mile or more away.

"Wow!"

UFQuack

Quote from: zeebo on July 18, 2014, 08:43:48 PM
True but Noory does share Kasem's questionable taste in cheesy top 40 drive-time radio.

Yeah most pop music is cheesy no doubt. I don't know about his taste in the music but it might just have been his taste in collecting a shitload of money from the music industry.

ItsOver

Quote from: michio on July 19, 2014, 01:34:46 AM
Caller talks with sNoorn about a UFO sighting he had. Paraphrasing and not verbatim.

Caller: It sort of looked like a golden football.
sNooron: So it was small.
Caller: No, it was a mile or more away.

"Wow!"
Did I hear Snooron say Aldrin saw an unidentified object but it wasn't a UFO?  Flying aside, it sounded as if Jorch didn't know what the acronym stood for.

yumyumtree

Quote from: narcissist noory on July 19, 2014, 12:26:26 AM

even ABC news reported that witnesses said the bodies were in a advanced state of decomposition and bloodless
Good God, are you serious?

On another subject, I haven't been keeping up with the latest on the Kasem affair, but some years back, Pierce Co. had a lot of problems with that dept. Inappropriate behavior with corpses( not necrophilia, but other inappropriate stuff), expecially where celebrity corpses like Gov. Dixie Lee Ray were concerned. They cleaned house but may have gone back to their bad old ways. The city has a history of corruption and dysfunction in government. My apologies if you are from there, but it's no secret. About 10 years ago a corrupt police chief shot himself and his wife in a store parking lot in Gig Harbor in broad daylight. The city is always trying to reinvent themselves and be more like Seattle or Portland( a mixed blessing) but many of their schemes don't work. The Museum of Glass is nice, though.

yumyumtree

Well, I have to correct myself. According to the LA Times, Kasems body disappeared from a private funeral home. But if there were an autopsy, I would think he would have had to be at the Medical Examiners at some point.

Jean Kasem and this daughter need to rein themselves in, for Gods sake. I don't understand people who act like this when people die. If Casey were alive and in right mind, how can they think that he would like this? So one if them is determined to bury him in Canada, the other wants Forest Lawn. He's dead and it makes no difference to him. I f I were either one of them, I would give in and let the family keep some shred of dignity. Shades of Anna Nicole Smith. Of course she had no dignity in life either.

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on July 19, 2014, 03:16:59 AM
Did I hear Snooron say Aldrin saw an unidentified object but it wasn't a UFO?  Flying aside, it sounded as if Jorch didn't know what the acronym stood for.

jorch doesnt know what acronym means.

PerfectTommy

Quote from: ItsOver on July 19, 2014, 03:16:59 AMDid I hear Snooron say Aldrin saw an unidentified object but it wasn't a UFO?  Flying aside, it sounded as if Jorch didn't know what the acronym stood for.

http://youtu.be/hxGgnI6kCrs

VtaGeezer

Quote from: narcissist noory on July 19, 2014, 12:26:26 AM

Not on their website. The only thing remotely like that that I've seen reported by a recognized source is that due to inadequate/incompetent handling and response, bodies on the ground are decomposing.  No surprise after 48 hours on a Ukrainian wheat field in mid-July.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 19, 2014, 06:36:42 AM
Good God, are you serious?

On another subject, I haven't been keeping up with the latest on the Kasem affair, but some years back, Pierce Co. had a lot of problems with that dept. Inappropriate behavior with corpses( not necrophilia, but other inappropriate stuff), expecially where celebrity corpses like Gov. Dixie Lee Ray were concerned. They cleaned house but may have gone back to their bad old ways. The city has a history of corruption and dysfunction in government. My apologies if you are from there, but it's no secret. About 10 years ago a corrupt police chief shot himself and his wife in a store parking lot in Gig Harbor in broad daylight. The city is always trying to reinvent themselves and be more like Seattle or Portland( a mixed blessing) but many of their schemes don't work. The Museum of Glass is nice, though.

I can't drive by that parking lot without thinking about the murder. Tacoma definitely has its issues. I kind of love it though. No matter how down things are, Tacoma keeps going. I love the waterfront and downtown.  Tacoma needs to embrace its Tacomaness, not try to be Seattle or Portland.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 19, 2014, 08:43:36 AM
Not on their website. The only thing remotely like that that I've seen reported by a recognized source is that due to inadequate/incompetent handling and response, bodies on the ground are decomposing.  No surprise after 48 hours on a Ukrainian wheat field in mid-July.

This comes from postings on a pro-rebel website that say the commander of the pro-Russian forces was told the bodies weren't fresh, were in an advanced stage of decomposition and drained of blood, with blood serum and medical supplies strewn around.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/rebel-suggests-malaysia-plane-victims-long-dead-24622107

I'm not supporting this line of investigation or Noory's musings, just referencing it to verify the existence of the news story.  This commander is thought to be a Russian intelligence officer and to have had a hand in shooting down the jet, so his claims are highly suspect, especially after watching a heart-felt interview of the Canadian woman who lost her brother on board.  That's probably the kind of thing Noory should be thinking about if he insists on covering it.

ItsOver

Quote from: PerfectTommy on July 18, 2014, 06:42:44 PM
Definitely.

Clyde's a bit kooky to be sure, and I've butted heads with him a couple of times when he misquotes or takes Scripture out of context to support a viewpoint, but I know that when he says something he genuinely believes it, right or wrong.

I can respect that.

George is nothing more than a kiss-ass clown with zero conviction who just goes along to get along.

I'm pretty sure I heard Clyde take a potshot at George one night when a caller brought up C2C. He said, "Oh, the show with the host who pretends to be interested in the paranormal?"

I agree about Clyde.  He can be a real screwball but then he'll have a decent guest on the show, especially related to ufology, and he's pretty good.

Yes, I heard the comment Clyde made about Jorch and got a good snicker.  As I recall, it was something like "Oh, the show hosted by THE OLD GUY who pretends to be interested in the paranormal?"  ;D

PerfectTommy

Quote from: ItsOver on July 19, 2014, 10:58:31 AM"Oh, the show hosted by THE OLD GUY who pretends to be interested in the paranormal?"  ;D

Haw! Double whammy!