• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Disabling BellGab's "Ignore User" Feature

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 23, 2015, 09:16:18 PM

Is it ok if we disable the "ignore user" feature?  Please?

Yes
No

shell88

Hey, it's an additional option.  Options are always good. Most of the time anyway. It's unlikely anyone would leave the forum if you left it on.  Very likely some might leave at some point if they don't have that option.  In that way, it perhaps tends to create a greater variety and balance of the types of people found here.  Just create a sticky and help thread explaining how to use it and let forum users help them figure it out.  jmho

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 24, 2015, 01:40:12 AM
And rightly so. Whatever we had is ignored. It's over.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. 

I would say keep the ignore feature because once you disable it, people will complain and then you will have to re-enable it all over again.

GravitySucks

What if MV posted a poll and nobody voted?  Would he put us all on ignore?

The General

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 24, 2015, 11:41:14 PM
What if MV posted a poll and nobody voted?  Would he put us all on ignore?
Those polls don't mean shit, look at the Falkie thread.
On second thought, don't.

WOTR

This is one of those times I voted that you ought to just do whatever is easiest for you.  I put somebody on ignore for a day awhile back- that is it.  However, you may find the "report" feature is used more often if people cannot ignore those who they hate...

paladin1991

I ain't got nobody on ignore.  Nor will I.  The 'ignore' function is for pussies.  It's things like the ignore button that ensures the pussification of the American Republic.
Do not waver MV.  Be steadfast and resolute, cancel the ignore feature.  It's one small, yet determined, step on your part to rebuild America.

I salute you.

https://youtu.be/YVynnbx1Xsc

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 25, 2015, 01:47:10 AM
I ain't got nobody on ignore.  Nor will I.  The 'ignore' function is for pussies.  It's things like the ignore button that ensures the pussification of the American Republic.
Do not waver MV.  Be steadfast and resolute, cancel the ignore feature.  It's one small, yet determined, step on your part to rebuild America.

I salute you.

Oh man I'm falling apart here...it's so moving.

Sob.

onan

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 25, 2015, 01:47:10 AM

I salute you.

Instead of ignore, how about a pay per view option? Where for a modest fee we can hire a third party to steal the offending party's keyboard.

Tarbaby

Why would people who don't use "ignore user" (Probably the vast majority) care one way or the other if it was removed and two, why would people who do use it vote to have it removed?
  Granted, it is poorly designed.
  Note: the vote function above wouldn't let me register my vote. I tried to vote no.
  How did Onan vote? I can't see his post. :-) (Just kidding)m

I'd keep it. It's very useful when someone goes off the rails and begins mass posting. Like everything else, once it's disabled there will inevitably be requests to bring it back. In fact, I'm submitting mine now. Restore the Ignore!  ;)

SredniVashtar

I have never found a user so objectionable that the thought has even crossed my mind about blocking them. I have seen plenty of boring posts that I wish I hadn't seen, but nothing that would make me want to ignore them. It's a fact of life on here that there will be those who are more irksome than others, but you ought to rub along and not give them the chance to bother you. You don't have an 'ignore' button in the outside world, so why should you on here?

I apologise to all of those I have just offended and who are no doubt clicking 'ignore' as we speak,

aldousburbank

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 25, 2015, 09:48:04 AM
I have never found a user so objectionable that the thought has even crossed my mind about blocking them. I have seen plenty of boring posts that I wish I hadn't seen, but nothing that would make me want to ignore them. It's a fact of life on here that there will be those who are more irksome than others, but you ought to rub along and not give them the chance to bother you. You don't have an 'ignore' button in the outside world, so why should you on here?

I apologise to all of those I have just offended and who are no doubt clicking 'ignore' as we speak,
I ignore the ignore option.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 25, 2015, 09:48:04 AM

You're a southerner, so being ignored is mandatory.

ItsOver

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 25, 2015, 11:04:18 AM

Yes as a word is officially ignored.
But not as rock band.  I can live with that.

Art

Appropriately, none of the people who have posted in this thread are on my Ignore list.   You are reasonable people who are capable of a fun discussion.   

There are others, however.

ItsOver

MV's poll is currently 48.9% No, 51.1% Yes. Ha!  It's good to see the usual BellGab.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on October 25, 2015, 11:33:49 AM
MV's poll is currently 50% No, 50% Yes. Ha!  It's good to see the usual BellGab.
FIFY

Roswells, Art

The ignore feature is the closest thing I have to legally wiping someone off the face of the planet.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 25, 2015, 12:46:55 PM
The ignore feature is the closest thing I have to legally wiping someone off the face of the planet. Please don't take this little joy away from me.
Says the person no one can ignore because of the comma... LOL

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 25, 2015, 12:48:18 PM
Says the person no one can ignore because of the comma... LOL

lol, it makes me feel quite powerful

coaster

That's a pretty dumb argument. Saying that people annoy you in real life so they should have a chance to annoy you here. In my real life, if someone annoys me, I avoid them. Thats the beauty of the ignore feature. It makes a visit here easier. Why get rid of a great feature that helps and improves the site. I do not understand the reasoning.