• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Quote from: TigerLily on April 13, 2017, 02:03:38 PM
:'(

https://youtu.be/ugcuwyifwpQ

The J Geils Band were a serious R and B beloved by fans and critics alike in the 70's long before Centerfold and Freezefold.  I know them from the Centerfold days (my generation) but have gotten their earlier output over the last few years and it is truly some great music. RIP J. Geils.  At least Peter Wolf still lves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBiSJ8jCTjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPAj19vHPNc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqDjMZKf-wg

Juan

Up All Night

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - The long-awaited search warrants in Prince's death have been unsealed, revealing a lengthy list of prescription medications found throughout the singer's estate, some in the name of one of his oldest confidants -- and several containing controlled substances.

The search warrants, made public Monday morning, show more than 100 white capsules labeled Watson 853 were hidden in Aleve and Bayer Aspirin bottles and found in numerous rooms inside Paisley Park.

An online search reveals a multitude of sources that say that capsule is a mixture of acetaminophen and hydrocodone, a prescription classified as a narcotic.

CVS prescription bottles under the name Kirk Johnson -- Prince's former drummer, bodyguard and close, personal friend -- were found in the dressing room and mirror room. Each contained several different kinds of controlled substances.

Johnson has been working with Prince since the early 1980s. He is one of the only people who had unrestricted access to Paisley Park.

Investigators say after learning of Prince's toxicology screening, which showed he had a lethal dose of Fentanyl in his system at the time of his death, they found no prescriptions issued under his name -- but Johnson had a prescription for Oxycodone, which was prescribed by Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg.

Schulenberg is the same doctor who was at Paisley Park on April 21 (the day of Prince's death) when deputies arrived on scene and the same doctor who admitted to authorities, he prescribed Oxycodone for Prince on April 14, the day before he overdosed while returning from a show in Atlanta, forcing his plane into an emergency landing.

Schulenberg told detectives he put that prescription in Johnson's name for Prince's privacy. *****Is that even Legal????*****

Search warrant executed April 21:

-15 white capsules (Watson 853) discovered in a second floor dressing room
-CVS pharmacy bottle under the name of Kirk Johnson/7 green capsules
-8 orange oval pills inside suitcase in mirror room/second floor
-Bayer bottle/64 white pills with Watson 853
-Aleve bottle with 20 ½ tablets labeled Watson 853
-Pamphlet for Recovery Without Walls (rehab center)

It's been nearly a year since Prince died from an accidental overdose at the Paisley Park estate, after being found unresponsive in one of the elevators.

Despite the search warrants which reveal Prince's access to other controlled substances, investigators still haven't traced the source of the Fentanyl that killed him, according to the latest search warrants filed last September.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/prince-docs-reveal-several-prescription-drugs-in-confidants-name/431848290

Rix Gins

Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging himself in prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 19, 2017, 05:20:03 AM

Sure didn't see that coming.  Wow.

Dr. MD MD

I'm always a little suspicious of suicides in prison.  ???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2017, 11:03:53 AM
I'm always a little suspicious of suicides in prison.  ???

either way... no great loss.

the_Stranger

Quote from: Σ> on April 19, 2017, 01:22:09 PM
either way... no great loss.

I bet you'd change your tune if YOU were the football coach of the yard.

smccomas69

Miley Cyrus still lives and Freddie Mercury is dead where is the justice in that?

I am on a queen music kick listening to a lot of there old stuff under pressure with D. Bowie sound track to Highlander. Damn helluva of an artist.

Stevie Ray also 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: smccomas69 on April 19, 2017, 04:28:27 PM
Miley Cyrus still lives and Freddie Mercury is dead where is the justice in that?

I am on a queen music kick listening to a lot of there old stuff under pressure with D. Bowie sound track to Highlander. Damn helluva of an artist.

Stevie Ray also

They just got caught in the crossfire.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F73EcycGCO8

akwilly

what's screwy is that he was appealing the loyd murder conviction which means he died an innocent man under Massachusetts law. Will be interesting to follow the money trail and to see if the NFL players Union sues the oatriots for some weird ass breach of contract. It will also be fun watching his girlfriend sue the state for wrongful death

Rix Gins

Quote from: akwilly on April 19, 2017, 05:00:41 PM
what's screwy is that he was appealing the loyd murder conviction which means he died an innocent man under Massachusetts law. Will be interesting to follow the money trail and to see if the NFL players Union sues the oatriots for some weird ass breach of contract. It will also be fun watching his girlfriend sue the state for wrongful death

I wonder if he was doing that sex thrill thing where you supposedly get sexual gratification from almost passing out by being strangled or hung?  That might explain why he packed things under the bars so that they couldn't be opened.  He didn't want to be interrupted.  (In my heart of hearts though, I think the dude offed himself because he was depressed.)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: the_Stranger on April 19, 2017, 01:32:35 PM
I bet you'd change your tune if YOU were the football coach of the yard.

I'm more interested in the "tune" of the family of his murder victim.

comaphobe

I am on a queen music kick listening to a lot of there old stuff under pressure with D. Bowie sound track to Highlander.

Queen were great and had so much good stuff. Under Pressure with David Bowie was amazing. I never heard the Highlander soundtrack but know a song or two from A Kind of Magic were from that movie. I never actually saw the movie but remember the Princes of the Universe video with the movie scenes in it.

The rest of the post below is just an opinion of mine and my view of the final 3 Queen albums.

Recently I have been listening to A Kind of Magic, The Miracle, and Live At Wembley double LP. I ripped these from CD somewhat recently so I kind of rediscovered these 2 albums and the live double disc.

I think A Kind of Magic was mailed in, as was Innuendo which probably contained a lot of material from numerous sessions spanning the last half-decade or possibly more. Plus the latter had some alternate versions of AKOM material, which were probably directly from the Magic sessions and sat in the can for 5-6 years. Innuendo is also filled with what come across as B-sides, recycled/unused material, and what I always understood to be solo material by Freddie. Many of the songs had overdubs as well as different or possibly/possibly not new recorded parts (Brian May singing a different mix of Who Wants to Live Forever for example). It's almost like Magic and Innuendo both had an EP's worth of material and they scraped the post-production floor to fill-in the rest of the albums to make them full length, but The Miracle album wasn't like that.

Magic and Innuendo have some really good stuff on them, but to me they are both incomplete products. The Miracle is the truest final album as nothing on that album seemed to be recycled, created with scraps from the production room floor, or contained tracks entirely produced with overdubs, heavy editing, or post-production effects.

The Miracle might be Queen's most interesting album. Even the album cover is strange. I think there is only one song on the album that I routinely skip, and that is track #9. I don't rate the remixed Invisible Man bonus track at all and pretend it doesn't exist. I think some of the bands best moments were on this album. I think all albums by Queen were nothing less than sub-genius.

Queen never sucked. Not a single album or phase sucked. The only thing that sucks about Queen are Brian May and Roger Taylor touring stadiums in a band that no longer exists.

RIP Freddie Mercury

TigerLily

Aaron Hernandez. Prison suicide at 27 years old.  What a tragic waste. I loved watching him with the Pats.

Same day he is found dead, Gronk is cruising around the White House

RoseGirl

Quote from: TigerLily on April 20, 2017, 02:02:03 PM
Aaron Hernandez. Prison suicide at 27 years old.  What a tragic waste. I loved watching him with the Pats.

Same day he is found dead, Gronk is cruising around the White House

Strange with the bible verse on his forehead and then the medical examiner refusing to release the brain. What a bizarre world we live in, eh?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39659001

smccomas69

Quote from: comaphobe on April 20, 2017, 01:56:51 AM
Queen were great and had so much good stuff. Under Pressure with David Bowie was amazing. I never heard the Highlander soundtrack but know a song or two from A Kind of Magic were from that movie. I never actually saw the movie but remember the Princes of the Universe video with the movie scenes in it.

The rest of the post below is just an opinion of mine and my view of the final 3 Queen albums.

Recently I have been listening to A Kind of Magic, The Miracle, and Live At Wembley double LP. I ripped these from CD somewhat recently so I kind of rediscovered these 2 albums and the live double disc.

I think A Kind of Magic was mailed in, as was Innuendo which probably contained a lot of material from numerous sessions spanning the last half-decade or possibly more. Plus the latter had some alternate versions of AKOM material, which were probably directly from the Magic sessions and sat in the can for 5-6 years. Innuendo is also filled with what come across as B-sides, recycled/unused material, and what I always understood to be solo material by Freddie. Many of the songs had overdubs as well as different or possibly/possibly not new recorded parts (Brian May singing a different mix of Who Wants to Live Forever for example). It's almost like Magic and Innuendo both had an EP's worth of material and they scraped the post-production floor to fill-in the rest of the albums to make them full length, but The Miracle album wasn't like that.

Magic and Innuendo have some really good stuff on them, but to me they are both incomplete products. The Miracle is the truest final album as nothing on that album seemed to be recycled, created with scraps from the production room floor, or contained tracks entirely produced with overdubs, heavy editing, or post-production effects.

The Miracle might be Queen's most interesting album. Even the album cover is strange. I think there is only one song on the album that I routinely skip, and that is track #9. I don't rate the remixed Invisible Man bonus track at all and pretend it doesn't exist. I think some of the bands best moments were on this album. I think all albums by Queen were nothing less than sub-genius.

Queen never sucked. Not a single album or phase sucked. The only thing that sucks about Queen are Brian May and Roger Taylor touring stadiums in a band that no longer exists.

RIP Freddie Mercury

I am going to listen to the miracle thanks for the tip.   

Jackstar

... you call that living?

smccomas69

Quote from: Jackstar on April 20, 2017, 02:51:33 PM

... you call that living?

wellll, yeah good point. I stand corrected. 

Norm

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 20, 2017, 02:24:01 PM

Strange with the bible verse on his forehead and then the medical examiner refusing to release the brain. What a bizarre world we live in, eh?

"This is your last chance to turn over the brain Doc, otherwise our officers will be forced to kick down the door and take it from you by force"

Rix Gins

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 20, 2017, 02:24:01 PM

I wonder if the words and letters were all backwards, as if he took the felt pen and simply wrote the words on his forehead, left to right.  Or did he look into a mirror and carefully pen the words and letters backwards so that they would appear correct to somebody looking at his forehead?  If the jailers who rushed in and saw the words and letters plainly and neatly written (and in correct order) across his forehead, then it could very well have been someone else who put the words there.  And Aaron just might have already been dead at the time.  Ps, Try writing something backwards on a paper so that it appears correct in a mirror.  Its not all that easy.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 20, 2017, 03:40:21 PM
I wonder if the words and letters were all backwards, as if he took the felt pen and simply wrote the words on his forehead, left to right.  Or did he look into a mirror and carefully pen the words and letters backwards so that they would appear correct to somebody looking at his forehead?  If the jailers who rushed in and saw the words and letters plainly and neatly written across his forehead, then it could very well have been someone else who put the words there.  And Aaron just might have already been dead at the time.  Ps, Try writing something backwards on a paper so that it appears correct in a mirror.  Its not all that easy.

Oddly enough, that is the first thing I thought of too. How did he write this...in a mirror or backwards or someone wrote it for him? Since there was no 'suicide note' and if perhaps he was purposely killed...maybe the killer wrote that on Hernandez's head in place of a suicide note.

Or, Hernandez was just that nuts. Either way, no great loss. One less bully to worry about.

Juan

Isn't 3:16 what his teammate Tim Tebow always had in the black anti-glare stuff beneath his eyes?  It would be interesting to know if Tebow stayed in touch.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Juan on April 21, 2017, 10:36:53 AM
Isn't 3:16 what his teammate Tim Tebow always had in the black anti-glare stuff beneath his eyes?  It would be interesting to know if Tebow stayed in touch.

Must be some kind of weird religious football cult. Wouldn't surprise me.

albrecht

For what it is worth the Dailymail is claiming 3 suicides notes: to his fiancée*, daughter, and homosexual jailhouse lover and he soaped down his floor so that he couldn't get traction if he panicked at the end of the hanging. The "lover" is under a suicide-watch also they claim. Still seems weird, the writing as Rixgin points out, the fact that he just was acquitted of the newer charges, was "in love"- both in prison and had devoted fiancée outside, and was still proclaiming innocence to the initial conviction. And the brain has been released. I wonder if there will be a lawsuit by the fiancée or daughter (or his victims) if it is found that he got some kind of injury playing in the NFL?

* as I guess a gesture of true love and devotion his fiancée took his name after his conviction for murder three years ago.

the_Stranger

Quote from: albrecht on April 21, 2017, 11:20:18 AM
For what it is worth the Dailymail is claiming 3 suicides notes: to his fiancée*, daughter, and homosexual jailhouse lover and he soaped down his floor so that he couldn't get traction if he panicked at the end of the hanging. The "lover" is under a suicide-watch also they claim. Still seems weird, the writing as Rixgin points out, the fact that he just was acquitted of the newer charges, was "in love"- both in prison and had devoted fiancée outside, and was still proclaiming innocence to the initial conviction. And the brain has been released. I wonder if there will be a lawsuit by the fiancée or daughter (or his victims) if it is found that he got some kind of injury playing in the NFL?

* as I guess a gesture of true love and devotion his fiancée took his name after his conviction for murder three years ago.
I heard on a radio show that state law considers him innocent since he was still appealing the conviction at the time of his death.
If true this could open up a can of worms concerning the Patriots contract that was voided, his NFL pension, and any signing bonuses that were taken back.