Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Swishypants

https://youtu.be/qK7BTqr2Z1o

Once I had the 5 piece dinner. I died.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 03:21:54 PM
Once I had the 5 piece dinner. I died.

So, what is it with you and Long John Silver's? Always wanted to be a pirate?  ???

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 28, 2017, 03:28:15 PM
So, what is it with you and Long John Silver's? Always wanted to be a pirate?  ???

Have you ever been a Pirate? I have. You can't talk about it if you haven't been one before.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 03:48:10 PM
Have you ever been a Pirate? I have. You can't talk about it if you haven't been one before.

How are we defining pirate here?  ???

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 28, 2017, 03:28:15 PM
Like who doesn't.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on September 28, 2017, 04:16:49 PM
Like who doesn't.

Hey, that's one of those "$400" microphones...is that the key to success on the radio?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on September 28, 2017, 04:18:56 PM
Hey, that's one of those "$400" microphones...is that the key to success on the radio?

You know it, baby! The Electro-Voice RE-20  8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on September 28, 2017, 04:32:35 PM
Here's mine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/11974641/ref=sr_bs_0_11974641_1

That just showed me a page of stuff. A lot of the big time guys also use this, if they're not using the RE-20:

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/sm/sm7b-vocal-microphone

I've noticed that Jimmy Dore and Joe Rogan uses them on their podcasts.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 04:50:09 PM

https://youtu.be/HC-KH0qpoAQ

I'll show you boys how to pirate!

Pirates provide prudent advice about how to avoid scams?!  ???

I'm going to have to reread Treasure Island now.  :D

Parris001

Quote from: chefist on September 28, 2017, 04:18:56 PM

Noory talks into a Dixie cup with a string pulled tight.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Parris001 on September 28, 2017, 06:14:37 PM
Noory talks into a Dixie cup with a string pulled tight.

No, he uses one too...but he doesn't deserve it!  >:(

Swishypants

Premier runs at a 30 Billion dollar deficit. Noory is this Turkish guy who comes out of nowhere to displace Bell. It's going on two decades and you suns-ah-bitches can't figure it out yet. LOL!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 06:19:38 PM
Premier runs at a 30 Billion dollar deficit. Noory is this Turkish guy who comes out of nowhere to displace Bell. It's going on two decades and you suns-ah-bitches can't figure it out yet. LOL!

Have at it! Explain away, please.  :)

Swishypants

The CIA controls all terrestrial media. They have since '47 and before that the ONI held reign over that. The ONI still does to a degree but the majority of it is CIA controlled. It's all about keeping your population governable. Art was a renegade. He ran a political show for several years in the 80's and then one day just up and switched to talking about UFO's and secret government projects, but what is most important is that he was above average in intelligence, professional, and didn't rattle easily.

That lead to a whole generation of people that began to question a great number of topics, that they had previously never been able to form active groups around in sufficient numbers. It doesn't matter that most of what Art ran was pure horse-shit. What mattered is that he encouraged a sizable group of people to QUESTION and then take action to greater or lesser degrees. Many attempts were made to get him to tone down his style and focus only on the nonsense, instead of occasionally discussing seriously meaningful topics with a 14 million listener per night audience.

They gave him national syndication to try and stop a grass roots spread of the show; he continued to push the envelope. They made him wealthy; didn't work. His second eldest son came out as gay--although he got cold feet and said his teacher gave him two beers and two tokes on a marijuana cigarette before he bent over and let him bugger him up the ass--but even that didn't stop Art.  Then his wife died. That broke him, and he began a fairly rapid decent into depression and fits of frustration. Weakened, finally, they brought Mr. Noory (Turkish CIA propagandist asset) in and the rest is history.

It was a period of change and the explosion of high speed internet affordability and imitators nullified the CIA's goal of trying to put a Genie back in the bottle, but no one has had the creativity, rugged individualism, intelligence, professionalism, drive and draw of Art Bell so while it hasn't been as successful as hoped, it's been good enough, and that's "good enough."

You guys sit around hating on George Noory, as if he was not put there purposefully to stop Coast to Coast AM from being genuinely intellectually stimulating and a rallying point for people who know many things are not as they seem. It's as if you think by hating on him, but still talking about the show, you will change that. That's not the case my friends. If you want something to go away, you ignore it. You guys do anything but. 

GravitySucks

George Noory started full time January, 2003.

Ramona Bell died January 5, 2006.

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2017, 06:55:10 PM
George Noory started full time January, 2003.

Ramona Bell died January 5, 2006.

And Art didn't fully quit until that time. There is no conflict with what I said.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 06:59:31 PM
And Art didn't fully quit until that time. There is no conflict with what I said.

Except the part where you said they brought in Noory after Art's wife died. If you are going to spin a yarn at least get the facts straight.

Swishypants

Remember guys, Noory was 'OK' for the first few years. It was only after Art truly left the show that he shot like a laser beam into wretched questioning and totally boring guests.

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2017, 07:03:42 PM
Except the part where you said they brought in Noory after Art's wife died. If you are going to spin a yarn at least get the facts straight.

You're splitting hairs over a very small amount of time and not accounting for the period of transition that occured. Go be butt-hurt somewhere else. What I just laid out for you is astute and correct. It's not my fault you guys have been hanging out here being suckers for over a decade. That is on you. Deal with it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 07:05:53 PM
Remember guys, Noory was 'OK' for the first few years. It was only after Art truly left the show that he shot like a laser beam into wretched questioning and totally boring guests.

He sucked. He just didn't suck quite as bad when he was 53 as he does when he is 67.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 07:07:08 PM
You're splitting hairs over a very small amount of time and not accounting for the period of transition that occured. Go be butt-hurt somewhere else. What I just laid out for you is astute and correct. It's not my fault you guys have been hanging out here being suckers for over a decade. That is on you. Deal with it.

Wrong once again. This forum wasn't started until April, 2008.

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2017, 07:09:18 PM
Wrong once again. This forum wasn't started until April, 2008.

Listen Dork, you're again splitting hairs over about 8-10 months here. I'm not writing a legal brief here, and I don't spend my life being scientifically accurate about an old talk show. In the general strokes, it's all there. How many wedgies did you get in High School. Holy Jesus Palamena! LOL!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 07:18:48 PM
Listen Dork, you're again splitting hairs over about 8-10 months here. I'm not writing a legal brief here, and I don't spend my life being scientifically accurate about an old talk show. In the general strokes, it's all there. How many wedgies did you get in High School. Holy Jesus Palamena! LOL!

You are so easy to hook. I wish all fishing was this easy.

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2017, 07:20:13 PM
You are so easy to hook. I wish all fishing was this easy.

It's a long game my friend. Backpeddling will only sink the hook deeper! :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 06:44:42 PM
The CIA controls all terrestrial media. They have since '47 and before that the ONI held reign over that. The ONI still does to a degree but the majority of it is CIA controlled. It's all about keeping your population governable. Art was a renegade. He ran a political show for several years in the 80's and then one day just up and switched to talking about UFO's and secret government projects, but what is most important is that he was above average in intelligence, professional, and didn't rattle easily.

That lead to a whole generation of people that began to question a great number of topics, that they had previously never been able to form active groups around in sufficient numbers. It doesn't matter that most of what Art ran was pure horse-shit. What mattered is that he encouraged a sizable group of people to QUESTION and then take action to greater or lesser degrees. Many attempts were made to get him to tone down his style and focus only on the nonsense, instead of occasionally discussing seriously meaningful topics with a 14 million listener per night audience.

They gave him national syndication to try and stop a grass roots spread of the show; he continued to push the envelope. They made him wealthy; didn't work. His second eldest son came out as gay--although he got cold feet and said his teacher gave him two beers and two tokes on a marijuana cigarette before he bent over and let him bugger him up the ass--but even that didn't stop Art.  Then his wife died. That broke him, and he began a fairly rapid decent into depression and fits of frustration. Weakened, finally, they brought Mr. Noory (Turkish CIA propagandist asset) in and the rest is history.

It was a period of change and the explosion of high speed internet affordability and imitators nullified the CIA's goal of trying to put a Genie back in the bottle, but no one has had the creativity, rugged individualism, intelligence, professionalism, drive and draw of Art Bell so while it hasn't been as successful as hoped, it's been good enough, and that's "good enough."

You guys sit around hating on George Noory, as if he was not put there purposefully to stop Coast to Coast AM from being genuinely intellectually stimulating and a rallying point for people who know many things are not as they seem. It's as if you think by hating on him, but still talking about the show, you will change that. That's not the case my friends. If you want something to go away, you ignore it. You guys do anything but.

Good post! I think what you said about Art is true. As for Norry, I do ignore him for the most part. I usually only listen to Knapp or Syrett but not always. Ocassionally, I see an opportunity to make a joke over something stupid Noory said but that's about it.

Swishypants

So now that you're all thoroughly impressed, what I want you to do is set to raping; as is your penchant in this dilapidated forum; filled with the poor, the stoned, the middle-aged, the boomers that are elderly but still try to tell themselves they are middle-aged. Sweet young fields of tender conspiracy have grown brittle. The AM radio flickers with only the snowy faint signal of sports talk radio. All attempts at finding a placebo meet with frustration after a few months. And only the long shadows from the trashcan fires, along with the wafting scent of port toilet wine manufactured from seasoned Malt Vinegar packets from Long John Silver's offer any solace from the regrets in life. Oh to be young, and next to the C. Crane again! Oh! Oh! Oooooooooh yeah Jim! Right in the dirt button! :)

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 28, 2017, 07:33:55 PM
Good post! I think what you said about Art is true. As for Norry, I do ignore him for the most part. I usually only listen to Knapp or Syrett but not always. Ocassionally, I see an opportunity to make a joke over something stupid Noory said but that's about it.

Knapp is fun. Forum Borealis on Youtube is as close as you can get to the old Coast show.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 07:34:43 PM
So now that you're all thoroughly impressed, what I want you to do is set to raping; as is your penchant in this dilapidated forum; filled with the poor, the stoned, the middle-aged, the boomers that are elderly but still try to tell themselves they are middle-aged. Sweet young fields of tender conspiracy have grown brittle. The AM radio flickers with only the snowy faint signal of sports talk radio. All attempts at finding a placebo meet with frustration after a few months. And only the long shadows from the trashcan fires, along with the wafting scent of port toilet wine manufactured from seasoned Malt Vinegar packets from Long John Silver's offer any solace from the regrets in life. Oh to be young, and next to the C. Crane again! Oh! Oh! Oooooooooh yeah Jim! Right in the dirt button! :)

Meh, not this one so much. I still think there's lots to discuss and ponder out there, in here, etc.  ;)