• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

Zoo

Let's go drink some beer and shoot some guns  8)!!1

littlechris

This is why ya gotta be strapped at all times..

https://youtu.be/JCRkjS9ybu8

the_Stranger

Quote from: littlechris on March 09, 2016, 08:54:23 PM

I agree.
Strap them dashcams up, yo.

onan

Quote from: littlechris on March 09, 2016, 08:54:23 PM

This is in my car:

And this I carry:

Quote from: onan on March 10, 2016, 05:41:51 AM
This is in my car:

And this I carry:

A man of exquisite taste. I, too, carry a Sig (2022)

When you care to send the very best. Sig Sauer.

Uncle Duke

My trusty Bulgarian Makarov.

Daily carry - Beretta Nano.  For those of you who do not know, this is a compact 9mm with a trigger pull and grip that feels like a full sized handgun.  I decided on this after discovering how difficult it was to shoot my a sig compact due to the trigger being so far back.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: creepygreenlight on March 10, 2016, 11:01:45 AM
Daily carry - Beretta Nano.  For those of you who do not know, this is a compact 9mm with a trigger pull and grip that feels like a full sized handgun.  I decided on this after discovering how difficult it was to shoot my a sig compact due to the trigger being so far back.

I have a friend who bought a Ruger LCP, worst trigger slop/pull I've ever fired. 

onan

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 10, 2016, 12:29:25 PM
I have a friend who bought a Ruger LCP, worst trigger slop/pull I've ever fired.

I bought one of those for my wife, I agree with your assessment.

mikuthing01

Gen 4 G19 is what i carry

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 10, 2016, 09:54:06 AM
My trusty Bulgarian Makarov.

Show off  ;D

Seriously....nice piece, Duke!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 10, 2016, 02:08:12 PM
Show off  ;D

Seriously....nice piece, Duke!

Thanks FTF.

What's not to like about a Mak?  Reliable, rugged, a snap to field strip/clean, easy to conceal, reasonably accurate.  I've since added a thin, textured rubber grip sleeve.  I pray I never have to use it, but I'm confident in the gun and my ability with it if I ever have to do so.

albrecht

So this character Obama is visiting town today to give a speech and get some money- which is really helping with the already normal awful traffic, the rain, SXSW, and construction problems. Schools let out early, city employees told to try to "telecommute," airport will be shut down while he deplanes etc, some roads shut down, mayor says don't come into work if you can, people have received letters from the SS telling them now to go out on their balconies, AND some "open carry" protesters are going to try to have some kind of demonstration. BLM (not Bureau of LandManagement but  Black Lives Matter) agitators are already here doing things like marching and holding up signs at some intersections "honk if you are not racist." The organizer, or some member, of the "open carry" protest says "may get interesting." Having said that I have no problem with open carry but don't think events with liberal hipsters, BLM protesters, tech nerds, frustrated commuters, Obama and his SS and security detail is the place.

The "open carry" folks point out that they are not targeting Obama and have always been peaceful. And I recall last year the Black Panthers matched and chanted anti-police, anti-American slogans with arms- legally- during SXSW. I reckon Alex Jones might be bullhorning somewhere also. Great. I hope there is no conflict because that is not what the city or responsible gun owners need and we've had several recent police on black shootings, so would add fuel to the fire of Obama's BLM.
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/03/open-carry-leader-obama-visit-during-sxsw-gun-rally-could-get-interesting.html/

GravitySucks

I own a couple of East German Makarovs, a couple of PPKs, and several full size 9mm include BHP and Berreta 92. I finally settled on Springfield XD. I like the internal hammer, the visual indicator for a round in the chamber, the visual indicated for full cock, the grip safety and the split trigger safety.

I have fired at least 10,000 rounds through various XD9s including several used and abused rental guns out at Frontsight training center in Pahrump and have only experienced one problem. The Frontsight fell off of a rental gun at the range while I was out in Pahrump. I have never had an issue with any of mine, and they have a lifetime warranty.

Little Hater

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/03/11/teen-burglary-suspect-killed-homeowner/

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” said Harris. “You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

No, I don't.

onan

Quote from: Little Hater on March 17, 2016, 08:56:59 AM
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/03/11/teen-burglary-suspect-killed-homeowner/

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” said Harris. “You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

No, I don't.

I don't know about the laws in Florida, but in NC, shooting someone leaving your house, even of they have your property in their arms, is illegal. The court would look at the shooting as someone being killed over the value of the property. Yeah, I would want to shoot the thief too.

The statement by the thief's family is just stupid.

Little Hater

From gunlaws.com:

The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

Legal or not, I couldn't shoot anyone who was simply taking my property, though, assuming they were leaving or had left my house.

mikuthing01

Cities begin to challenge a bedrock of justice: They’re paying criminals not to kill

Quotewhen Holmes was released from prison last year, officials in this city offered something unusual to try to keep him alive: money. They began paying Holmes as much as $1,000 a month not to commit another gun crime

QuoteOfficials in Miami, Toledo, Baltimore and more than a dozen cities in between are studying how to replicate Richmond’s program

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/cities-have-begun-to-challenge-a-bedrock-of-american-justice-theyre-paying-criminals-not-to-kill/2016/03/26/f25a6b9c-e9fc-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?tid=sm_tw

1K a month for life will be a lucrative for blacks but somehow i bet they still fuck it up by killing each other. I feel discriminated against for the color of my skin and my non existent criminal record maybe it's time to start poppin caps fo dem benjamins and buy some dubz to pimp my ride

Zoo

Racism is fun.. So be proud your a racist do not hide like a coward. Come out and say it. But I guess that is just what cowards do. By the way white people are some off the shittiest people I have ever meet in my life. Fuck you crackers!!1

onan

Quote from: Zoo on March 30, 2016, 10:08:55 PM
Racism is fun.. So be proud your a racist do not hide like a coward. Come out and say it. But I guess that is just what cowards do. By the way white people are some off the shittiest people I have ever meet in my life. Fuck you crackers!!1

I have met shitty people of every color. I have also met great people of every color.

GravitySucks

Quote from: onan on March 31, 2016, 06:10:58 AM
I have met shitty people of every color. I have also met great people of every color.

There are people of some colors I have never met. Never met a purple or a chartreuse.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 31, 2016, 11:37:01 AM
There are people of some colors I have never met. Never met a purple or a chartreuse.
This guy looks to be purple, at least part time.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on March 31, 2016, 11:52:40 AM
This guy looks to be purple, at least part time.

Nope. Haven't met him.

onan

You just need to drink a bit more.

VtaGeezer

I was chartreuse once after night of drinking in Kodiak.