• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Claudius

Maybe just maybe he's on board a Uboot running deep, that would explain the occasional creaks.

zeebo

Quote from: popple on July 29, 2015, 01:40:39 AM
This magnificent beautiful show. Every single episode should be put on golden discs and kept forever.

Hahaha yes!  Put a copy on the next outer space probe and send as a representation of humanity.  No one will ever bug us again.

PChirp

It's like nightmare of a REALLY boring college physics lecture all over again with interruptions.  Don't know what to think at this hour.   :o

lonevoice

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 29, 2015, 01:40:18 AM
I've listened to all of Hoagies shows so far. I can't stand him as a human being, but it makes me empathize with him. I love how incompetent he is. It's charming.
^^^^^ this!

Dexwithers

Quote from: Coz on July 29, 2015, 01:24:07 AM
I think this is really pretty good. It's not Art... but as internet podcasts go this is doing ok after dealing with the phones, and the coughing.

To me all the crazy noises in the background, the old squeaky chair sounds, the loud phones ringing, and the coughing right into the mic is very distracting and kinda makes me forget what they are saying. Hard to focus with my ADD. haha

You are right though, it's not Art and as far as other shows go, it's not really that bad at all. Maybe after 3 hours of Art, my expectations are just set kinda high.

If Richard was on before Art, I think it would be a better lineup?

trostol

you do not let your guests talk cause you like to hear yourself lol

Quote from: popple on July 29, 2015, 01:43:08 AM
Hoagie should broadcast from a beanbag chair.
The beanbag chair is where he makes love to his special lady.

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 29, 2015, 01:41:15 AM
... I have no idea what it is they are even talking about now

This raises an important question.  Does Hoagie actually have a topic?  Or does he just start rambling from an arbitrary starting point?

Oh snap, he just addressed the critiques regarding him not allowing guests to talk. Maybe he reads these boards?

popple

Quote from: zeebo on July 29, 2015, 01:42:58 AM
Hahaha yes!  Put a copy on the next outer space probe and send as a representation of humanity.  No one will ever bug us again.

HAHAHAHAH!!!  ;D

Claudius

No its not! I love how he treats his guest like a moron.

qaddisin

Quote from: zeebo on July 29, 2015, 01:45:43 AM
This raises an important question.  Does Hoagie actually have a topic?  Or does he just start rambling from an arbitrary starting point?

Torsion fields... 19.5... white crows... take your pick.

trostol

if hoagie talks in a forest and no one is around to hear him..does he stop talking?

PChirp

"Rotation, Rotation, Rotation...Spun!"  Wowee!  It's amazing he follows all this conversation.

ShayP

Quote from: popple on July 29, 2015, 01:43:08 AM
Hoagie should broadcast from a beanbag chair.

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on July 29, 2015, 01:43:48 AM
Wearing only a bolo tie.

Bean bag chair has to be red.  Hoagie is all sweaty from the southwest heat.  IMAGINE.......

Guest:  'It's wheels within wheels..."

Hoagie (interrupting):  'No it's not, it's revolutions and revolutions'

Glad he straightened that out, whatever it is

Claudius

Quote from: qaddisin on July 29, 2015, 01:46:57 AM
Torsion fields... 19.5... white crows... take your pick.
I think he closes his eyes, his wife spins him around and he points at a topic, I mean at least it seems like it.

lonevoice

Quote from: zeebo on July 29, 2015, 01:42:58 AM
They need to have that opener from last night where he started giving instructions to Keith..."I can't go on this way.  We're going to have to start over!"

coaster

Well it sounds like he got his tuberculosis in check, so thats good.

popple

Quote from: UnfamiliarWind on July 29, 2015, 01:46:18 AM
Oh snap, he just addressed the critiques regarding him not allowing guests to talk. Maybe he reads these boards?

I think Hoagie places the board under his pillow at night and downloads all the contents into his mind. His IQ is 190.5  8)

PChirp

I propose a literally "HOT" vinyl bean bag for sitting.