• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Quote from: Robert on December 10, 2015, 09:08:18 PM
I thought "From Manila in the Philippines" sounded dramatic & exotic.  Then again, with his delivery, he could say, "From the toilet at the bar down the corner," & it'd sound dramatic & exotic.

MiTD local remotes? Now that would be a novel concept. Local stations do that all the time here for new sponsors.  ;D

trostol

Quote from: gabrielle on December 10, 2015, 08:56:10 PM
Art must be ok...on his facebook page he posted the following:

Art Bell: If you are going to use bad language please go some place else, people who can not find a way to say what they want without using foul language are no doubt limited in other mental ways.

i dont agree with that shit!!!! lol

ge30542

Quote from: Robert on December 10, 2015, 10:59:56 AM
Art needs a tunnel to his shack.
Mexican Drug Lord El Chapo Guzman could build said tunnel.

Robert

Quote from: ADG12311990 on December 10, 2015, 01:06:26 PMJC did say that Noory has ties to the Mafia...
He was a restaurateur.  Don't they all have gangster cx in that biz?

Robert

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 10, 2015, 01:10:53 PMA few assumptions it's anything to do with broadcasting. It might not be at all. May have nothing whatsoever to do with AB being on the radio.
Might, except for the phone call he got threatening to kill the Bells if he went on the air.

Robert

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 10, 2015, 01:20:47 PMIf you read half the stuff on the Noory sucks thread, you could take at least a dozen individuals out who a lawyer could suggest as being of interest to investigate, regarding the continued health of Noory. Noory has had some truly vile things said about him. I'm not a fan of his and don't listen to his show, but he gets a great deal of unjustified shit that, that even 1/1000 was directed at AB would get the fandom calling the police and demanding that 'something must be done'.
The things said about Noory are all about how pathetic he is.  None of them to my knowledge are threats to him.

bateman

And here comes this asshole...

Robert

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 10, 2015, 02:08:07 PMNo need to quit. All he needs is a rational appraisal of his position as a somewhat controversial media figure and his living/working arrangements.  OTOH, the show may well lose in a priority show-down with the exposed but isolated lifestyle.
I'd quit doing the show, but what if the stalker wants him to stay off ham radio as well?  That might be too much to swallow.  Then he'd have to think, "What if we move and the stalker follows?  What if this involves several people who could track me to different locations?"

What I'd be tempted to have would be a meeting arranged by George Knapp.  Everybody screened for weapons, done in either a public location where nobody would know them or the subject matter, or in a remote location (although how much more remote you can get than Pahrump generally, I don't know).  Find out what each other wants, see if they can come to an arrangement.

Ms. C

Quote from: bateman on December 10, 2015, 10:10:41 PM

WTF??    How low and rude can Leo go, yuck

Ciardelo

Quote from: Robert on December 10, 2015, 10:13:06 PM
I'd quit doing the show, but what if the stalker wants him to stay off ham radio as well?  That might be too much to swallow.  Then he'd have to think, "What if we move and the stalker follows?  What if this involves several people who could track me to different locations?"

What I'd be tempted to have would be a meeting arranged by George Knapp.  Everybody screened for weapons, done in either a public location where nobody would know them or the subject matter, or in a remote location (although how much more remote you can get than Pahrump generally, I don't know).  Find out what each other wants, see if they can come to an arrangement.
Man, those bubbles really go to your head eh?

Ciardelo

Quote from: bateman on December 10, 2015, 10:10:41 PM

I would say unbelievable, but that man has shown he has no professionalism or class. No to mention he thinks Oates is a draw? lol.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Robert on December 10, 2015, 10:01:03 PM
The things said about Noory are all about how pathetic he is.  None of them to my knowledge are threats to him.

There are all types of people in this world. That's a lot of types. All people are not on this forum and you would expect that the user base here could be rather narrowly defined. And so it is that when one type of person that you might not expect appears and interacts with a certain place, like Bellgab, the only surprising thing is that we can sometimes still be surprised that it happens.  It's highly likely that many people who are fans of Art Bell would enjoy coming to a forum populated by fans of Art Bell, which many users came to by searching "Georgy Noory Sucks" because we couldn't fathom Art's replacement being so woefully incompetent at his job, and be of like like mind to enjoy Art Bell and resent George Noory. Given the multitude of personality types, it's only slightly less likely that someone would show up who enjoys eye rolling and mocking those forum members who indeed are Art Bell fans while resenting Noory, while indeed is recently accounting for 30 or 40% of the posts in the thread named for Art during his waking hours. Yet somehow it still feels so unlikely as to be surprising.

Ciardelo

Quote from: weeberwubber on December 10, 2015, 10:24:52 PM
There are all types of people in this world. That's a lot of types. All people are not on this forum and you would expect that the user base here could be rather narrowly defined. And so it is that when one type of person that you might not expect appears and interacts with a certain place, like Bellgab, the only surprising thing is that we can sometimes still be surprised that it happens.  It's highly likely that many people who are fans of Art Bell would enjoy coming to a forum populated by fans of Art Bell, which many users came to by searching "Georgy Noory Sucks" because we couldn't fathom Art's replacement being so woefully incompetent at his job, and be of like like mind to enjoy Art Bell and resent George Noory. Given the multitude of personality types, it's only slightly less likely that someone would show up who enjoys eye rolling and mocking those forum members who indeed are Art Bell fans while resenting Noory, while indeed is recently accounting for 30 or 40% of the posts in the thread named for Art during his waking hours. Yet somehow it still feels so unlikely as to be surprising.
Wow. That's one hellava IF THEN thing you got going on there. I'm impressed sir!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Ms. C on December 10, 2015, 10:19:47 PM

WTF??    How low and rude can Leo go, yuck

Leo is affiliated with darkthirty radio? Can't say Ive listened to it. Does anyone else?

Roswells, Art

Never mind, it's OK, just because Oates is still pushing his reverse speech garbage has no bearing on Art. Any one can have him on at any time.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: weeberwubber on December 10, 2015, 10:24:52 PM

I'm new here, can someone translate this for me?

trostol

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 10, 2015, 10:47:52 PM

i tried..i think i lost some brain cells

Robert

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 10:20:20 PMMan, those bubbles really go to your head eh?
Nah, I think it's because I'm a fan of fiction about such topics.  Recently I found a collection of Dashiell Hammett's Continental Op stories I hadn't realized I had.  A meeting of the type I suggest would've occurred in a situation like that of Red Harvest, which I read 5 yrs. ago.  But if you asked George Knapp he might be able to tell of such meetings he'd known to have occurred IRL.  Maybe Hammett knew of such real life events too.

Seriously, what if the guy just wanted Art to never talk about some topic he might discuss maybe once a year otherwise?  Deal!

norland2424

So i take it there's no show tonight? Ive been gone the whole day so im not caught up.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 10, 2015, 10:54:55 PM
So i take it there's no show tonight? Ive been gone the whole day so im not caught up.

sure is..Art's gonna regale us with his heroic efforts in the commonwealth

Roswells, Art

Quote from: norland2424 on December 10, 2015, 10:54:55 PM

No there isn't. Art was in pain from hitting the ground and covering for 20 minutes. He needs time to recover.

anunnaki

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 10, 2015, 10:47:52 PM

Easy- Some thinkle peep hes under the affluence of incohol, but he's only had tee martoonies and a scottle of botch.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 10, 2015, 10:56:12 PM
sure is..Art's gonna regale us with his heroic efforts in the commonwealth

Lol.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: anunnaki on December 10, 2015, 10:56:59 PM
Easy- Some thinkle peep hes under the affluence of incohol, but he's only had tee martoonies and a scottle of botch.

lol, thanks.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 10:32:49 PM
Wow. That's one hellava IF THEN thing you got going on there. I'm impressed sir!

Thank you!

QuoteI'm new here, can someone translate this for me?

If someone has posted thousands of times on an art bell fan / george noory sucks site then probably don't pay it much mind if that person seems to enjoy trolling people for being Art fans and George critics. Bound to happen eventually.

Robert

I'd like to get to bed now, but I can't turn it off so easily after expecting to be up for MITD.  So I'll "gab" a little more.

Presumably the lights to be installed would be to blind people attempting to shoot from the direction of the public land.  Unfortunately that'd be fighting the last battle.  What else could you do about a sniper?  Run in a serpentine manner?

trostol

lol so JBW seems to be posting a lot of shows onto youtube..makes me wonder why..but in this latest one ..there is a discussion in the comments by flat earthers..man ....

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 10, 2015, 11:05:46 PM
lol so JBW seems to be posting a lot of shows onto youtube..makes me wonder why..but in this latest one ..there is a discussion in the comments by flat earthers..man ....

Who?