• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: Justin Time on February 07, 2017, 02:50:57 PM
take the top 10 percentile and invest in them above and beyond what the masses get

Sure. What could go wrong?

Jackstar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 07, 2017, 02:14:14 PM
I attended Catholic schools for the first 8 years and graduated knowing

* actual yearbook photo

paladin1991

Quote from: Justin has two cars now on February 07, 2017, 01:40:58 PM
Similar to the UK; the reason the best candidates are reluctant to go into teaching is because of assholes who line up to beat them with a stick. That is just the politicians. They also have to contend with 'parents' who come down to threaten the staff if their little darling thug is disciplined. Would you do a job where you run the risk of being assaulted because you told a student to behave? Why do that when you can get better paid out of the school system?

all children should wear uniforms to school.  They should have mandatory PT, daily.  If disabled, adapted PT.  Family in tough economic straights, kids should get a breakfast and lunch.  They should learn to march and practice hand to hand combat skills.  At least 6 solid hours of agressive academic instruction.

Teachers? Heh, don't get me started.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 07, 2017, 02:30:27 PM
I spent several years writing proficiency tests for the curricula of several state and county boards of education, and that is much easier said than done. Curriculum standards are set by committees whose members bring all sorts of competing agendas to the table. As a result, what gets taught is a compromise curriculum that that is pretty much a cobbled together conglomeration that gives everyone something while pleasing nobody. Human nature being what it is, I don't see any way to solve that problem, because people are almost always going to pursue their own narrow interests at the expense of common sense and the common good.

Another problem is that boards of education tend to approve curriculum designed to prevent students from failing rather than learning and achieving to keep them and the teachers from looking bad. They also often demand that tests be written at a level that ensures as many students as possible pass, rather than as instruments for measuring their proficiency in a subject. I worked on a test for one southern state whose tenth graders were still learning addition and subtraction, and we weren't allowed to write test problems that required them to subtract from numbers containing zeroes. That was about the worst, but there were plenty of others. I eventually got disillusioned and went into another field because I felt dishonest doing it.

And it's not a liberal/conservative issue. Just about everyone deserves blame for the current state of public education.

Thanks for info, RGG.  Maybe something needs to be done about the committees that set the curriculum.  Perhaps the governors should have a say about who gets on the committees.  Definitely something that needs to be looked into.  I'm not saying there is an easy solution but something needs to be done.  I don't envy the job that you had to do.

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 07, 2017, 01:45:05 PM
They won't rise. This isn't England Pud. Here in St.L. we currently bus students from the inner cities out to the suburbs, taking upwards of an hour in travel time, because inner city public schools in practice function on a different standard than suburban public schools and anyone in the inner cities that can actually read a book has to be bused out to a school that will give them a slightly better education. But overall, the standards have dropped so far since I graduated 20 years ago that it's hard to recognize US public schools as schools at all rather just young adult daycare centers. Do you realize that there are public schools in the US that no longer teach western history before the renaissance? They graduate entirely ignorant of Aristotle, Plato, The Roman Empire, etc.

I do not blame anyone for wanting a better choice. And if that means vouchers, great, go with that. If that means funding charter schools, great. We already do that with colleges. I'm willing to fund it even though I don't have kids. But it won't be needed, they just need to cut some of the atrocious waste that goes on from the public school system.

SciGuy, you are very smart guy, you should do what I do.  While I do have children, I have been donating my sperm for well over a decade.  When you see some aggressive little fucker who is Alpha male/female, you might want to go 'hmmmm.' I do not know how many little warriors 'out there' carry my genetics.  But the number is growing.

Be afraid Pud.   Be very afraid.

paladin1991

Quote from: Justin has two cars now on February 07, 2017, 01:49:36 PM

Hmm, and some also put creationism on a level with evolution. Pence will be happy.  :)

Me too.

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 07, 2017, 02:16:37 PM
Illinois really isn't a state anymore though. It's it's own unique entity. It's like the batshit crazy rabid feminist liberal aunt that no one wants to go near to the states that surround it.

But she has a smokin' body, right?

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Justin Time on February 07, 2017, 02:57:36 PM
all children should wear uniforms to school.  They should have mandatory PT, daily.  If disabled, adapted PT.  Family in tough economic straights, kids should get a breakfast and lunch.  They should learn to march and practice hand to hand combat skills.  At least 6 solid hours of agressive academic instruction.

Works for Nippon

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 07, 2017, 02:29:32 PM
Right.  I was never taught creationism in school but Darwinism.  Creationism has always been a theory that is based on faith not science and I doubt that a school would ever teach creationism as a science.  Darwinism is based on scientific theory so of course it will be taught in science class.  I think the argument that right-wing politicians want to force creationism down everybody's throat to be superfluous.  Such is not going to happen.  At most,  Moses will be mentioned in history class as a possible historic figure.
Possible?  Anti-Semite.

all children teenagers should wear uniforms to school.  They should have mandatory PT, daily.  If disabled, adapted PT.  Family in tough economic straights, kids should get a breakfast and lunch.  They should learn to march and practice hand to hand combat skills.  At least 6 solid hours of agressive academic instruction.

I approve of this message.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Justin has two cars now on February 07, 2017, 01:40:58 PM
Similar to the UK; the reason the best candidates are reluctant to go into teaching is because of assholes who line up to beat them with a stick. That is just the politicians. They also have to contend with 'parents' who come down to threaten the staff if their little darling thug is disciplined. Would you do a job where you run the risk of being assaulted because you told a student to behave? Why do that when you can get better paid out of the school system?

Pining for the days of the stick? Maybe you guys should have an armed marshal in all schools. Oh right! No guns.  :D

Quote from: Justin Time on February 07, 2017, 03:07:28 PM
Possible?  Anti-Semite.

Trying to stay out of a religious argument.  ;D I believe Moses was real, for the record.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 07, 2017, 03:12:30 PM
Trying to stay out of a religious argument.  ;D I believe Moses was real, for the record.

That's good.  Because as Moses looks down fm heaven, he believes in you too.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Justin Time on February 07, 2017, 03:02:29 PM

SciGuy, you are very smart guy, you should do what I do.  While I do have children, I have been donating my sperm for well over a decade.  When you see some aggressive little fucker who is Alpha male/female, you might want to go 'hmmmm.' I do not know how many little warriors 'out there' carry my genetics.  But the number is growing.

Be afraid Pud.   Be very afraid.

That's why that kid threatened to scoop my eyeballs out of their sockets like two dollops of ice cream and then fuck the ocular cavities that remained the other day. Uppity little shit!  :D

Luka Megurine

Hugo Boss should be in charge of our school uniforms

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2017, 03:15:45 PM
That's why that kid threatened to scoop my eyeballs out of their sockets like two dollops of ice cream and then fuck the ocular cavities that remained the other day. Uppity little shit!  :D

That's my boy! ;D

starrmtn001

LIVE STREAM: Senate Plans to VOTE on Confirmation of Jeff Sessions for Attorney General.

https://youtu.be/Ck7Cdo8C3a0

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 07, 2017, 03:12:30 PM

Yes but most likely Egyptian and not Jewish.  ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thutmose

paladin1991

Quote from: lukathing03🗾🇯🇵🗻🌸 on February 07, 2017, 03:16:32 PM
Hugo Boss should be in charge of our school uniforms

I love a girl in uniform.  I love them more out of uniform.

But Pud must love a man in uniform.

https://youtu.be/5fbXfk51R1o

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Justin Time on February 07, 2017, 03:19:20 PM
I love a girl in uniform.  I love them more out of uniform.

But Pud must love a man in loincloth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY

Jackstar

I don't know what it indicates that you mispelled "aggression." Do ewe?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar© on February 07, 2017, 03:46:18 PM

2/10 WOULD NOT BANG

Really?! We need a reference point, Jack. Show us your 10.  :)

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2017, 03:48:38 PM
Really?! We need a reference point, Jack. Show us your 10.  :)

All i have is this 9

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Justin Time on February 07, 2017, 02:50:57 PM
I am of the mind that we should follow W.E.B. Dubois' plan to educate the American negro.  Send everyone to school.  But take the top 10 percentile and invest in them above and beyond what the masses get.  A full ride on expenses.  Push this 10 percent to be the over achievers and future leaders.  Pour into them our nations treasures so that they will become our nations treasure.  And in return, they will pull us forward to greater heights.

Raise taxes for education?  Yes.  To invest in a bigger, stronger military to protect our allies so that they don't have to spend their fair share?   No.

That makes abudent good sense.  Not everyone has the band width to be a rocket surgeon.   Don't keep the bright kids sitting around waiting for the rest to catch up.  It's not fair to anyone.  Also, don't try to mainstream kids who because of a mental handicap or emotional issues are disruptive to the class and take up more of the teacher's time than all of the other kids in the class put together. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: lukathing03🗾🇯🇵🗻🌸 on February 07, 2017, 03:56:05 PM
All i have is this 9

That one's at least a 12.5 but then I haven't seen a bad looking woman in years.