• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131007 - Ghost Investigator Society - Paranormal Matter

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 07, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

mattjs2732

I won't judge either way. But, if they have always been fake, great entertainment value.
On the flip side: If they are truly fake, they are of no good entertainment anymore.

Quote from: Scruff on October 07, 2013, 10:16:53 PM
This isn't the GIS from 2002 - This is Brendan Cook trying to impress his buddy by playing along with fake EVPs.

smitty9999

A lot of these have been played many years ago but I guess it's good for new listeners to hear them

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:17:46 PM
This is an old one "I don't like you"

Hear the noise floor?

Yeah, I did.  This one is a lot more distant than the ones that they've been playing tonight.

lonevoice

"Cookie monster?"  Geeze!

Cum A Jig Hymn = Jimmy Chung

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:17:09 PM
Interesting everybody except for one person on the forum so far has noticed a huge change in quality on the part of GIS.

I didn't say I didn't notice a change in quality. I just think it's a different quality. Not better or worse. This one is definitely more of a joke than past shows. But I find that humorous.

Kind of like the alien in the freezer guy. Yeah he's a joke and it's ridiculous, but it's still damn entertaining.

But I was never gullible enough to buy into "ghosts on a recording device" in the first place, so I guess I'm not personally offended by this show like some others might be.

indigoo

If I want ghostbuster-type entertainment then I will go with Real Ghostbusters.

Wether or not they are really GHOSTS never mattered, what mattered was that they went out there and really tried to capture something and went through hours of tape to find snippets, and NEVER STAGED ANYTHING.

Once that becomes compromised, its all bloody diarrhea shit and needs to be flushed.

Quote from: mattjs2732 on October 07, 2013, 10:18:57 PM
I won't judge either way. But, if they have always been fake, great entertainment value.
On the flip side: If they are truly fake, they are of no good entertainment anymore.

Not for me.

As I say, I do think they are truly fake. But the old ones were much creepier when they were noisy and dirtied up.
Look, I don't believe horror movies are real either, but there are good ones and bad ones for the same reason.

Scruff

Now they're doing the EVP Brendan heard back in a show from the 90s - he saw a kid with a broken neck - they're mixing-in the old EVPS to try to pass-off the new (fake) EVPs as credible. 

EDIT: And CHUMBAWUMBA had nothing to do with this all those years ago so why is he talking?

coaster

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:21:48 PM
Wether or not they are really GHOSTS never mattered, what mattered was that they went out there and really tried to capture something and went through hours of tape to find snippets, and NEVER STAGED ANYTHING.

Once that becomes compromised, its all bloody diarrhea shit and needs to be flushed.
This

ieboku

Quote from: indigoo on October 07, 2013, 10:18:47 PM
Yea the fidelity was just too good for this to be anything but bullshit. The EVPs that work for me are the ones that have some questionable quality because I believe, if it's a real phenomena then there will be imperfections.

Fucking Chunga is a boner. Seriously, he's a god damn DJ that poses with arms outstretched.

Yeah - remember reverse speech? - that you really had to stretch to make it fit with what the guy said it said. You could tell it was all part of the whole - like you said, this sounded completely disjointed.

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 07, 2013, 10:22:01 PM
Not for me.

As I say, I do think they are truly fake. But the old ones were much creepier when they were noisy and dirtied up.
Look, I don't believe horror movies are real either, but there are good ones and bad ones for the same reason.

Agreed, but to take the analogy a bit further:

Some horror movies are genuinely scary and creepy.. and some are so corny and bad that they are funny. Both entertaining in their own way.

This show is the latter in my opinion. I'm cracking up listening to these recordings with a friend.

PrairieGhost

I'm done...... I'll listen to the rest tomorrow this show bums me out this is so faked..

DelphiDreams

Is it just me or has these new EVPS become way darker, I don't like you etc... there were a couple of others tonight that were also directed at the team specifically? I remember the EVPS not so muchly directed at the team themselves. Past ones seemed more out there in different avenues. Maybe it's just me? The one when Brendan fell down the stairs withstanding!

The General

Sorry we're such harsh critics Art.
We love the show.
YOU're doing great.

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on October 07, 2013, 10:24:04 PM
Agreed, but to take the analogy a bit further:

Some horror movies are genuinely scary and creepy.. and some are so corny and bad that they are funny.

This show is the latter in my opinion. I'm cracking up listening to these recordings with a friend.

Yeah I can totally dig that. I was just expecting an Exorcist and I got a Troll II.

jazmunda

I liked these guys. These guys were the real ghostbusters.

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: DelphiDreams on October 07, 2013, 10:24:38 PM
Is it just me or has these new EVPS become way darker, I don't like you etc... there were a couple of others tonight that were also directed at the team specifically? I remember the EVPS not so muchly directed at the team themselves. Past ones seemed more out there in different avenues. Maybe it's just me? The one when Brendan fell down the stairs withstanding!

The more directed quality of the new EVPs is clearly a result of the fantastic thingamajig that Chungawonga is selling on ebay.

Scruff

Quote from: The General on October 07, 2013, 10:24:55 PM
Sorry we're such harsh critics Art.
We love the show.
YOU're doing great.
I'm not sorry.  You want me to pay you to entertain me then entertain me.  Start finding some people who won't bullshit me with fake EVPs or fake pictures of "pipes" on Mars. 

mattjs2732

They are way darker.

Ones in the past seemed to describe how things were in the afterlife, from the view of the "ghosts." ("I'm completely dead." "It's so cold.") Or even quite happy.

Now they seem to be more of a violent and satanic manner. (Growling, the "I'm your worst enemy...)

DOn't kknow what they're trying to pull.

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on October 07, 2013, 10:21:38 PM
I didn't say I didn't notice a change in quality. I just think it's a different quality. Not better or worse. This one is definitely more of a joke than past shows. But I find that humorous.

Kind of like the alien in the freezer guy. Yeah he's a joke and it's ridiculous, but it's still damn entertaining.

But I was never gullible enough to buy into "ghosts on a recording device" in the first place, so I guess I'm not personally offended by this show like some others might be.

It's not like anyone here just lost Santa or something, that's not the point.

I'm just offended that they are so blatantly deceptive, whereas before they were presenting evidence that may have been an AC system or refrigerator coming on or someones stomach growling, but they weren't intentionally faking it. If you think that Barbara was faking EVP's then I don't believe that you've really listened to the shows that she was on. Or you may need to go back and listen to them again to understand why so many here hate tonight's snow.

It's too fucking easy, there's no draw.

popple

Seems like the older ones used to be more about the way people died or comments about their surroundings.

steelbot

Sorry folks looking for my stream - I was not available to get things started...ya'll want the live feed or from the beginning?

nofAcedAgent

Quote from: jazmunda on October 07, 2013, 10:25:21 PM
I liked these guys. These guys were the real ghostbusters.

BLASPHEMY!!

Edit: HEY! steelbot has joined us :)