• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ks3484

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ ♚........Just in case........♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ ♚  :(

WhiteCrow

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on April 28, 2015, 01:30:08 AM
I don't know, but the events of the past couple days are "interesting".
How would a creepy guy like Dave define "wonderful and BIG"?
Has he ever used the word "wonderful", ever?

I'm pretty sure that Dave is referring to his rescheduled interview with Falkie this weekend.

CarlLofgren

I'm out of here. My nerves cannot handle this ride any longer. I'll be checking in again in July and see where things stand.

If any of the key players in this drama are reading.

Art: whatever you decide to do, thanks for all excellent shows through the years.

Keith: the internets is full of snipers. In my business the latest trend is to disable commenting on blogs, YouTube channels and on Facebook. I've jumped on that trend too. I'm way too emotional to just ignore all rubbish that is getting posted. Look at Noory. Like water on a goose. He even comes here to be ripped into shreds. And he's still at it. Shouldn't we all be better than him?

Unite the clans. God bless.

/C

Quote from: CrazyMax46 on April 27, 2015, 10:59:37 PM
I was sick of this in 2013. I'm really sick of it now.

Have fun with your show, if it ever happens. I'm tired of all this drama.

This is what happens when a longtime aide is assigned tasks they are unqualified for, because they are 'trusted'

This isn't 1992 anymore - there are plenty of people out there.  Professionals with skills, knowledge, talent - and reputations they aren't going to sully.  Decide what is needed, then go out and find it - either thru word of mouth or someone who seems compatible and who has excellent references.  Maybe someone who has the experience and track record, or someone hungry and eager.  If it turns out they aren't competent, or they prove themselves not to be trusted, fire them and get someone else.

nbirnes

Quote from: jazmunda on April 28, 2015, 01:06:58 AM
I agree. Get someone competent to handle the business side of things and let Keith upload Hoagland's pictures to the site.

I loved the 90s when I could squint at the images RCH was talking about.

I'm also nostalgic for the days when it was take 1/2 an hour for the image to slowly download one line of pixels at a time.

I downloaded the actual humongous NASA image with the Face just a teeny part. Also, the shared-screen thing with SETI. Electric sheeps.

Morgus

Quote from: nbirnes on April 28, 2015, 01:01:58 AM
This is what I was thinking. Give Keith a team to wield and let Art be the artist.
I agree Nancy.
Remember the previous short-lived breakup between Keith and Art a few months back over Jimmy Church?
Though they quickly madeup, after that incident I was afraid that would be repeated at some point.

Keith needs a team of assistants just to run the network streaming since he can't be there 24/7 to fix something when it goes down.
We have been lucky he hasn't been sick in bed for a week or taken a week of vacation so far, with nobody to fill in for him.
Its only going to get a lot busier with more network traffic if Art started streaming.

I think Keith has enough to do with just his original task of handling Art's website and communication (wormhole) which he did for the Sirus/XM show. I don't think he had a backup/assistant for that, but even just for the website he should have for times he might get sick or take a vacation.

The whole streaming network is a totally separate job and needs a separate team to handle.
For Art's new show he also needs other folks to handle advertising, possible deals with other 'big players', producing, booking guests, etc.

Art needs to build a full team of trusted individuals for all of these separate tasks and each one should have assistants/backup just like I would expect server equipment to have backups.

RodLobLaw

Can Somebody Explain to me why you can't sign a deal with your old station KYNE 95.1 to do a show that can be edited down to a podcast and which could be listened to from the streaming feature on the site?

Are Art and Karen not Friendly anymore?

Quote from: RodLobLaw on April 28, 2015, 02:34:27 AM
Can Somebody Explain to me why you can't sign a deal with your old station KYNE 95.1 to do a show that can be edited down to a podcast and which could be listened to from the streaming feature on the site?

Are Art and Karen not Friendly anymore?

Karen and art are still friends.

The problem is music royalty fees. Art does not want to be on the standard radio. He wants to stream.

Alienmojo

My brother got mad at me for not being excited about the new Star Wars trailer. I told him that I didn't want to get excited only to be let down at the theatre. Same reason I didn't get excited about Art in July. I never expected it to happen. If it did...great. If it didn't... oh well. Personally, I think Keith will be back. Too many years there with Art. He just needs time to get over this and maybe get an Asian hooker or something. Maybe MV could set up a private pity party for Keith and apologize and.... oh fuck that! All I need to hear next is that Keith is going to the dark side and will be sitting with Snoory. Could you imagine that shit? The more I read about Snoory in here, the more I read of what he writes, the more fucked in the head I realize this guy is. Couldn't we start a collection amongst ourselves to take this guy out? A few dollars from everyone could actually buy a good assassin. (I am kidding of course, I would never condone a course of action that would involve hurting someone). I do see George knowing about this beforehand, somehow (maybe Keith cried to him?), and use it for his own good. Oh man... there is a definite movie here somewhere or at least a lifetime special.

morgana213

We are moving toward a full moon folks.  Things may be getting even weirder as we get closer to it.  It'll be full on Friday and through the weekend.  Hang onto your pants!

Khameleon808

Quote from: wotr1 on April 28, 2015, 01:23:27 AM
Yikes!  I found your youtube channel after one of the gabcasts and I remember being impressed with the talent.  I wonder if Art realizes how many extremely talented people he has attracted?  I also browsed a few of his "followers" on facebook when bellgab was down and there was no shortage of interesting / talented people there either.

I have no real creativity in the traditional sense (a friend of mine pointed me to "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" as a way to prove that I am creative- just not one for drawing / rendering.)  Need to find a way to bring a 20 ton compressor into the building? I can solve that with a degree of creativity- but sadly nothing that will be of much help to Art when (if?) he gets going.

I look forward to seeing some of your material.

lol thank you. And yeah, there are alot of fans of his that are willing to save him so much money, time, and work.  At least I know he reads this thread and could easily contact us for anything he would need or what.   Again Art,  huge fan, and would gladly devote any amount of time I have while working to help out.  A simple google of my screenname should hopefully give an idea of what I can do to help visually.  As far as publicity goes, I have several contacts in the music inudstry as well as tv/film.  Which might not be helpful in terms of immediate needs, but I am in good with alot of label managers which could probably help with music down the line.  Maybe not the awesome classics you used to play but would def help take some of the headache away.     

We will do what we got to to help you :) 

Anyway,  I feel confident something will work out soon.   

Dena81

Quote from: Art Bell on April 27, 2015, 09:30:38 PM
                                               Announcement

I am sorry to announce that Keith Rowland has informed me tonight that he no
longer wants to move forward (he quit). This follows a conversation I had with him in
which I asked him to not snap at people. I was concerned because he was in charge of
the Business side of the deal which is a lot of work and involves dealing with people.
Business is built on relationships. He said the stress of all this was to much for him
which is understandable because there is a great deal to do on his side. He further told
me that he will turn his Network over to somebody else. All this was as much a shock
to me as I am sure it is to you.

As a result of this, it is less likely that I will move forward because I can not handle both
The Talk Host part of the job as well as the Music License matters, the Streaming deals
that have to be made, the Website, the Producer he had lined up and much more.

Since I have already bought all the Studio gear I will go ahead and build the Studio with
the hope of finding a way forward. This is not me saying I quit, it is me saying that right
now I don’t see a way to get it all done. If  I can find a way, I will do so, but this is kind
of a stopper for the moment. I will keep you all informed.

Art

First, I have to say it's 5:27am and I woke myself fully up just because I was excited to be approved for bellgab.  Second, in the road of life there's no smooth path...there are always bumps.  We can all sit and speculate about this and that and sure the drama can be tiring but...I'm going to still put faith in Art.  I discovered his stuff online (really am sad I never had a chance to listen live) but it hyped me up for a revival of his show.  to find that there are other people out there that think like me, question the world like me, our universe, and that there is a whole community out there!  It's not going to be easy and it might even push the start date past the original intended June start but you can't tell me we have no one out there in this community that can fill up the hole Keith left.  there has to be someone.  I'm not going to lose hope!

Quote from: Dena81 on April 28, 2015, 03:31:54 AM
First, I have to say it's 5:27am and I woke myself fully up just because I was excited to be approved for bellgab.  Second, in the road of life there's no smooth path...there are always bumps.  We can all sit and speculate about this and that and sure the drama can be tiring but...I'm going to still put faith in Art.  I discovered his stuff online (really am sad I never had a chance to listen live) but it hyped me up for a revival of his show.  to find that there are other people out there that think like me, question the world like me, our universe, and that there is a whole community out there!  It's not going to be easy and it might even push the start date past the original intended June start but you can't tell me we have no one out there in this community that can fill up the hole Keith left.  there has to be someone.  I'm not going to lose hope!

Welcome to the madness.

Rockaria, Khameleon808, and Morgus might be the only people here still sober tonight and they're posts bear careful scrutiny Art.

Dena81

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 28, 2015, 03:38:02 AM
Welcome to the madness.

Hahah!  I'm all for madness!  8)

though...I'd like to say I'm fully sober, thank you very much!

Quote from: Dena81 on April 28, 2015, 03:39:56 AM
Hahah!  I'm all for madness!  8)

though...I'd like to say I'm fully sober, thank you very much!

Me too :)

Alienmojo

Embrace the horror.

Rockaria

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 28, 2015, 03:40:58 AM
Me too :)

I wish I hadn't been. Haven't slept all night and I have to be at work in three hours.... :(

First Noory posts here, then a hacker and now this.  How much what the fuckery can one message board stand?

ks3484

♠♠♠♠♠♠KEITH ROWLAND♠♠♠♠♠♠
===========================================

• Summary

I am currently working in on-line related activities:

* deploying and configuring websites,
* processing images for display,
* configuring database servers,
* setting up CMS systems,
* deploying WordPress and other themes,
* backing up data,
* setting up domains, email, etc.
* becoming a cloud-computing expert,
* working on my AWS certification.

• Proficiencies:

* Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.
* CMS: WordPress, Drupal, LiveSite, etc.
* Database Technologies: MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
* Client OS: MAC, Linux, Windows, et al
* Google Apps: GMail, Docs, Sites, etc.
* Enterprise: Active Directory, Exchange, WSUS, etc.
* Programming: PHP, Shell, Javascript, etc.
* Networking: CISCO, Linksys, Netgear, Bluesocket, etc.
* Audio/Video: Camera shoot, recording, editing etc.
* Products: DVD authoring, production, duplication, etc.
* Tools: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Cloud Apps, etc.

•• I may not be a paper-certified expert in some of these fields, but I do know more than most people and have the ability to quickly learn what I need to know, when I need it for your project.

• I can be hired as:

* hourly work
* total project quote
* contract temp employee
* equity partner
* full-time IT supervisor

•• I am an honest, loyal person with high ethics and have many good previous job references to put you in touch with if needed. I pay attention to details and pride myself on correct, efficient and meaningful work. I’ve supervised employees and worked with vendors in successful relationships throughout my career.

•• Please contact me if you are interested in my services and/or talents. I am available part-time and would consider a full-time gig for just the right situation. I can travel anywhere in the country and be available in a short time frame. Thank you for reading.

• Specialties:

* internet engineering,
* server maintenance,
* website deployment,
* computer repairs,
* operating system fix-ups
* audio/video production,
* multi-media streaming,
* enterprise computer networking,
* computer security systems,
* podcastng and radio production,
* camera work, A/V editing
* DVD authoring

•Experience:

President - Rowland Network Communications
January 2001 â€" Present (14 years 4 months)

•• I operate a freelance internet networking and web development business. I can help you design, deploy and maintain a website for your project or business. I can provide network security and performance enhancements for your office. I can provide all computer and internet support functions on a contract, part-time or full-time basis.

• Skills:

Wordpress Design • Photoshop • Photography • Photo Editing • Software Development • Network Security • Computer Security     Video Editing • Video Production • Website Development • Database Administration • Website Management • Cloud Computing  Webmaster Services •

• Interests:

*  Computers
*  Internet
*  Photography
*  Audio-Video
*  Electronics
*  Ham Radio
*  Radio Broadcasting
*  Podcasts
*  Tinkering
*  Building

===================
• Contact Keith directly - darkmatter@rowlandnet.com

• Contact Keith directly - keithrowland.com

• Contact Keith directly -  Keith Rowland - facebook.com 

• Contact Keith directly -  Keith Rowland - linkeden.com

• Contact Keith directly - Keith Rowland - spokeo.com

• Art Bell Interviewed By Keith Rowland From 2001

• ART BELL INTERVIEWED BY KEITH ROWLAND VINTAGE AND RARE! + WEBCAM PICS

Alienmojo

•• I am an honest, loyal person with high ethics and have many good previous job references to put you in touch with if needed. I pay attention to details and pride myself on correct, efficient and meaningful work. I’ve supervised employees and worked with vendors in successful relationships throughout my career.

•• Please contact me if you are interested in my services and/or talents. I am available part-time and would consider a full-time gig for just the right situation. I can travel anywhere in the country and be available in a short time frame. Thank you for reading.

I hear Noory is hiring.

Well that's it then. Art will just have to ask the King for his old job back, complete with the flag of the Federation fluttering overhead in the breeze as all are one happy family again.

However the words of H. L. Mencken seem to come to mind instead of the above solution...

Alienmojo

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on April 28, 2015, 04:03:43 AM
Well that's it then. Art will just have to ask the King for his old job back, complete with the flag of the Federation fluttering overhead in the breeze as all are one happy family again.

Art isn't the type of guy to ask for his old job back.

Dena81

So...of course now Keith has a twitter statement up...(sorry if someone else mentioned it) but no 'official' statement just yet.  And if this were 15 years ago maybe then he'd have to crawl back to 'The King' but...this is 2015...this can happen...

Alienmojo

I would think after Keith's pity party for himself he'll be back with Art... but if he doesn't there are plenty of people out there, even more qualified, that would be glad to help Art. I'm not too concerned.

Alienmojo

Quote from: Dena81 on April 28, 2015, 04:07:59 AM

So...of course now Keith has a twitter statement up...(sorry if someone else mentioned it) but no 'official' statement just yet.  And if this were 15 years ago maybe then he'd have to crawl back to 'The King' but...this is 2015...this can happen...

Wonder if his Twitter followers will dwindle after this?  Sure hope so. ;)

He had followers? Why?
Quote from: Alienmojo on April 28, 2015, 04:10:49 AM
Wonder if his Twitter followers will dwindle after this?  Sure hope so. ;)

Dena81

I'm following only until his 'official' statement and after that unfollowing.  I'm sure he's got to have had many a nasty message at this point.  I get being stressed but i sure as hell hope he has some kind of game plan for Art so he can continue without leaving him hanging after this long

ks3484

............We've Been Here Before Folks................

ART BELL INTERNET STREAMING NOW IN QUESTION

• November 7, 2014 by Night terror news

In totality, Art Bell wrote this to his fans and followers,

The Dark Matter Network was established as a Forum to showcase new Talent and as a place where after my two Year Non-compete was done (In July next Year) that I could begin streaming live, it was run by Keith Rowland and of course a alternative to Coast. In the last few days I began getting email’s from many of you who could not believe that one of the Talk Host’s on DM was invited to do a Guest Host gig on Coast. This was done I am sure to irritate me which it did, however the straw that broke the camels back was that Keith did not have the courtesy to call me. When I called him, his response was “don’t worry he will stay on DM and Coast”. At that point I decided to pull my Web Page and asked Keith to remove my name from the site. This is not about Jimmy Church, I wish him all the luck in the World, this is about trust in relationships.

Where this leaves me in terms of where I can stream a show now is a open question. What I do know is I have to be able to trust the people I work with.

Art

Announcement

I am sorry to announce that Keith Rowland has informed me tonight that he no
longer wants to move forward (he quit). This follows a conversation I had with him in
which I asked him to not snap at people. I was concerned because he was in charge of
the Business side of the deal which is a lot of work and involves dealing with people.
Business is built on relationships. He said the stress of all this was to much for him
which is understandable because there is a great deal to do on his side. He further told
me that he will turn his Network over to somebody else. All this was as much a shock
to me as I am sure it is to you.

As a result of this, it is less likely that I will move forward because I can not handle both
The Talk Host part of the job as well as the Music License matters, the Streaming deals
that have to be made, the Website, the Producer he had lined up and much more.

Since I have already bought all the Studio gear I will go ahead and build the Studio with
the hope of finding a way forward. This is not me saying I quit, it is me saying that right
now I don’t see a way to get it all done. If  I can find a way, I will do so, but this is kind
of a stopper for the moment. I will keep you all informed.

Quote from: Art Bell on April 27, 2015, 09:30:38 PM
Art

Alienmojo

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on April 28, 2015, 04:12:23 AM
He had followers? Why?

If he did... it was just because of Art. What an idiot.