• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2016, 05:06:09 PM
I would check the laws in your state but it seems fair precedent in common law (and most states where I looked up statute) that a deadly trap (spring gun etc) are illegal, even in fenced or set up in a locked building (things like firefighters, the EMS worker coming in to rescue you after a heart attack, family member drunk, police, etc who might access your property legitimately could be hurt/killed.) And on the civil side- look out for some lawsuits regardless of legality.
Yes, I remember reading something about emergency workers and their problems with these things.  It seems like there would be so few instances of that occurring and today we could have a database of such places. 

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 03:09:45 PM
Look CH, we have all been told the "official" version of events. However, there are too many holes in this version for it to be true. Those spinning the "official" version are not going to tell the truth. They will keep telling us what they have been saying all along regardless of how many questions they are asked. If you don't understand that, then I can't help you. It's like someone thinking that if they ask Hillary Clinton the "hardhitting" questions about Benghazi she will tell them the truth. It does not work that way in real life. It's too bad you are too sheltered in the ways of the world to understand that.

You can chose to believe a story with holes so large that you can drive a truck through it, if you want. I choose not to. Is that what has you so butthurt? That not everyone is buying this story? And you'd be surprised how many don't believe the story but are keeping silent because if you dare question Art's story, then you are a basement dweller. If you feel so strongly about this GC with Art, then feel free to call in and show your support. I'm sure many others will.

Instead of throwing the gauntlet down for others on the board to ask Art a question, why don't you ask Art why he isn't taking DP up on his offer of FREE private investigators? I sure as shit know that if I had a stalker, I would be the squeaky wheel with the cops and would have hired LE types to get this problem resolved already. Any free help to catch a criminal would be welcomed by me. Let me just say this, there are "other" versions of events that make more sense, but I won't repeat what is making the rounds. You go ahead and feel free to believe whatever you want. Good luck with that.

IB, I generally agree with where you're coming from, except for two things. First, if Art stonewalls (with MV or whoever hosts) the way Hillary does on Benghazi, in his first live interview on recent events, that tells us something, right? And by us, I mean those who are troubled by the official line still being given out, in particular the part about Heather doing a great job. You are probably right that he won't budge an inch, but if so, let him say so live on air. He will always reserve the right to change his mind or reverse course, being who he is, but we don't have to do likewise -- having given him an excellent opportunity to state his position in his most comfortable medium.

Second, DP. This guy is a self-confessed diehard troll. Worse than that, he combines this skill set with his skills as a con artist. You may be a tough, no-BS lady, but if you are even considering his offer, he has successfully sweet-talked you. Think of him as the proverbial Devil, combining lies with the truth in order to deceive. Hillary is way more believable than this guy.

Chronaut

Quote from: trostol on January 28, 2016, 05:07:35 PM
wait..what...you ask that with that avatar?  :o

I know, man - I'm way behind on my alley time if I'm ever going to aspire to the timeless wisdom of The Dude...

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 05:11:15 PM
Invited!

My understanding was the Government (yes, that Government) was pushing pharmaceutical companies to develop and distribute vaccines.  They didn't think there was enough profit in it to do it without coercion

Nice =P  I should warn you though; I get metaphysical on psilocybin.  But it should be fun if you don't mind teleporting, or telepathy  ;D

And I'll probably be drawn and quartered for saying this here, but a capitalist medical industry is a goddamn catastrophe.  These pharmaceutical companies are larger and more dangerous than Colombian drug cartels, and they're not looking for cures, they're looking for treatments, because we're all just walking piggy banks to them.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on January 28, 2016, 05:10:49 PM
did the two of you have a heart to heart today?

Cupcake banned me from going within 50 feet of the tree. Think of it as a restraining order of sorts.

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2016, 05:07:51 PM
Bring back DDT, not only would have saved countless lives in the 'developing world' over the decades of ban, but now it could save us! Sorry, Eagles.
I think we've developed civilizations that depend on an ever increasing number of humans.  Maybe we should be re-thinking that.  Maybe WE are the biggest threat to the planet - and our own existence.

Ms. C

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2016, 04:49:38 PM
Yep. And now they say the common mosquito can carry? Scary stuff. Would be good show. Do it.  ;)
+1 (Please)

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 28, 2016, 05:22:45 PM
Cupcake banned me from going within 50 feet of the tree. Think of it as a restraining order of sorts.

fantastic...you have a restraining order with a tree...

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on January 28, 2016, 05:23:15 PM
I think we've developed civilizations that depend on an ever increasing number of humans.  Maybe we should be re-thinking that.  Maybe WE are the biggest threat to the planet - and our own existence.
Who do you think you are? A Rockefeller or Bill Gates...?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on January 28, 2016, 05:23:54 PM
fantastic...you have a restraining order with a tree...

That really shouldn't surprise you.

Chronaut

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 05:13:56 PM
;) Ringer. He tells us he can't bowl then takes all our bail money

Don't worry - if I take your bail money it's only for safe keeping so you won't spend it on tickets to Rio while you're tripping.  Not all ringers are bad guys, y'know ;)

effluenza

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 28, 2016, 04:18:27 PM
Interesting how differently Bellgabbers act when Art is posting.

Quote from: BellBoy on January 28, 2016, 05:06:59 PM
It's called the spasmodic ass-kissing reflex. It's quite predictable, really. I've commented on it before.

(It's a bit less intense than it once was, though)

It also has the neat effect of sending the trolls back into their caves.

Art the best way to engage with your audience is to talk with them on here not about the situation but by chewing the fat with us about the topics of the day. The trolls will simply disappear.

If you can't be on the air then surely posting is ok.

Do you believe the Zika virus has been manufactured?

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 28, 2016, 05:25:37 PM
That really shouldn't surprise you.

honestly...it doesnt

CornyCrow

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 05:11:15 PM
Invited!

My understanding was the Government (yes, that Government) was pushing pharmaceutical companies to develop and distribute vaccines.  They didn't think there was enough profit in it to do it without coercion
Yes.  The reason why we are not developing improved antibiotics is the profit motive rules supreme.  The FDA is partially paid for with drug company money.  I think I watched a FRONTLINE production that mentioned a head of the FDA retiring and working for some drug company. 

They like diseases that are long termed, preferably that we have for life, like diabetes and heart problems - and probably HIV nowadays. 

Quote from: effluenza on January 28, 2016, 05:25:54 PM

Do you believe the Zika virus has been manufactured?

good question

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 28, 2016, 04:07:27 PM
What's weird is that people don't seem to get that. Family comes first, it's very simple. I sometimes think Bellgab is largely populated with bitter divorcees.

"Projectioooooon! Projection!" -A classic musical number from the smash hit 'Fiddler On The Net.' STARRING: SciFiAuthor as "Papa"

"If I was on YouTube! YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA!"

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2016, 05:24:57 PM
Who do you think you are? A Rockefeller or Bill Gates...?
It helps to look at the big picture every now and again, no?  We need more and more people to cover the future debt for our aging population and if we don't breed enough, outsiders who do are brought in.  That ball has to stop somewhere.   

pyewacket

There's plenty of news coverage about the Zika virus on all media outlets. What more is there to say? Most of the radio shows I've listened to have talked about it. Scary development- for sure.

yes  the short yellow bus for bellgabbers

on to Cosmic Bowling !!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0DL30QCHk0

whoozit

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 28, 2016, 04:55:28 PM
Sounds like bear traps are perfect then.  They certainly are not known to cause substantial injury or death and definitely wouldn't harm a "third party" in the same way a stray bullet would.
You are kidding, right?  I'm sure that would tickle if you accidentally stepped on it.  Real life is not like cartoons.

Art I find it amazing that you take the time to repeatedly respond to a Zika infected group!  You are a great man.  I am so sorry to hear even more about the Psycho at large continuing to affect things in your life.  And it's still true I still can not get into Heather at all, but then again cmon Art!  MITD went from your show to hers???  I'd be lying to say it's just great. I have dropped my membership and I try to listen and have to turn it off every time.

Never once though have I not believed everything you have ever said.  I'm being honest just like you when I have said 3 important and candid things to you. The first one was why do you come to this fucked up site but you've answered it recently many times. And it's your life.  The second was it would be nice if you could interview these Asshole witches before you put them on live.  The church of Satan chick was a moron and your high opinion of how articulate you found her was so annoying.  Again it's your life.  The one with the warm milk for a cow cure just plain sucked!  You added something to that highly pathetic interview where I pointed out what a Hick she was and her saying ain't didn't help, when you said ain't yourself on air.  Ug.  Reminds me of the horribly named truth or trash; hated the tacky name and tacky 'show'?  Just super bad radio!

Finally, well shit I've rambled so much I forgot the final thing.  I'll come back when I remember it.  But with what I've said this far, you are right about always having told the truth.  Why complain about bellgab for ANY FUCKING THING said here.  There are a ton of psychos here.  Vaguely lovable iyo and
disgusting and crude imo!  If anyone were to ignore their pathetic rhetoric I'd have thought it would be you.  Naturally these comments don't include every person here but it does include far too many for my liking.  YOU are the only reason to come here, for me.

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 01:24:09 PM
My opinion of this whole Stalker thing is that it was designed to scare me (which it did). If somebody had wanted to kill me, I would be dead. No question, when somebody comes to the dead end street directly in from of my Studio house and fired off several high powered Rifle rounds with no holes in the house, it's a scare tactic.

Then a guy is outside my house, then a shot is fired as I get to my gate.

Now it's a high-powered rifle?  Where does that specific information stem from?

According to what you told the police, when you heard a sound that night, you couldn't distinguish between a .22 caliber or a firecracker.

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 28, 2016, 05:41:45 PM

According to what you told the police, when you heard a sound that night, you couldn't distinguish between a .22 caliber or a firecracker.
KK(K)YOU are a jerk off man!  Get a fucking like for christ sake❗️

trostol

the rifle was the very first "event" the .22 or firecracker thing was the last event when he was on the ground for 20 minutes

whoozit

You are confusing two incidents.  I believe he is taking about a high powered rifle used in the earlier incident while he was broadcasting while the .22 was when he was walking to his studio.  This is the first time I've seen a high powered rifle mentioned.

trostol

Quote from: whoozit on January 28, 2016, 05:45:56 PM
You are confusing two incidents.  I believe he is taking about a high powered rifle used in the earlier incident while he was broadcasting while the .22 was when he was walking to his studio.  This is the first time I've seen a high powered rifle mentioned.

someone was trying to shoot out the lights on old man Bell's tower lol

norland2424

Quote from: whoozit on January 28, 2016, 05:45:56 PM

i think he did mention it on the air when he was talking about receiving texts from his neighbors

The Snorchlax

Hi Art,

We need you back on air to talk about Zika Virus and new X-Files.

Thanks for posting again Art.